Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #133: Date November 22 (Updated)

[DE]Rebecca

On 2019-10-30 at 3:16 PM, Limbo_Darkness said:

Hopefully we should get at least 1 or 2 Devstreams to end off the year. Hoping next stream we can have better details on when Empyrean is releasing and how it will affect the launch of the New War in December.

They've never stated New War would be coming with Empyrean, if anything they are two separate updates. Think about it, Railjack was announced last year, people probably thought it would launch then. At most for New War, expect a 2020-21 release time.

On 2019-10-31 at 10:38 PM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

They've never stated New War would be coming with Empyrean, if anything they are two separate updates. Think about it, Railjack was announced last year, people probably thought it would launch then. At most for New War, expect a 2020-21 release time.

Yes, I didn't say that both of them will be coming together, I don't know where you got that from. New War is confirmed to be "Christmas" by DE themselves in the trailer. So it will release December, 2019. I'm just interested to know if Empyrean is going to change their current plan or move it back. Empyrean does have involvement with New War because of the Sentient fighters for Empyrean, but New War isn't as game changing as Empyrean, so it shouldn't be held back longer than early 2020 at most.

21 hours ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

Yes, I didn't say that both of them will be coming together, I don't know where you got that from. New War is confirmed to be "Christmas" by DE themselves in the trailer. So it will release December, 2019. I'm just interested to know if Empyrean is going to change their current plan or move it back. Empyrean does have involvement with New War because of the Sentient fighters for Empyrean, but New War isn't as game changing as Empyrean, so it shouldn't be held back longer than early 2020 at most.

Empyrean is coming before New War, not the other way around. New War was announced this year, so it will be awhile before it releases. DE have not confirmed a 2019 release for New War.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Empyrean is coming before New War, not the other way around. New War was announced this year, so it will be awhile before it releases. DE have not confirmed a 2019 release for New War.

At tennocon they literally announced New War for Christmas 2019...

We will probably see New War next year though seeing as they’ve said nothing about it since Tennocon. 

8 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

At tennocon they literally announced New War for Christmas 2019...

We will probably see New War next year though seeing as they’ve said nothing about it since Tennocon. 

Why would people think New War would come before Empyrean? It was only just announced in July, Railjack was announced last year, logically Railjack would be coming before New War. And they have spoken about it some since Tennocon, the second to last devstream (if memory serves) they showed off some of the new sentient tileset.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Why would people think New War would come before Empyrean? It was only just announced in July, Railjack was announced last year, logically Railjack would be coming before New War. And they have spoken about it some since Tennocon, the second to last devstream (if memory serves) they showed off some of the new sentient tileset.

People think that because Empyrean has been radio silence too. They committed to a Christmas 2019 release for New War. Will it happen? No. 

I will be shocked to see Railjack before next January.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

New War and Empyrean were announced on the same stage at Tennocon 2018.

On 2019-10-30 at 12:11 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

EDIT: 11-06: We will not be having a Devstream Friday as we are still working through Update #26 Hotfixes and may need to be on deck, but we may do an impromptu stream Friday if we have time, just gameplay though! Sorry all!

52 minutes ago, DaraSilverDragon said:

Fine by me, personally. I'd rather have a quality product that I had to wait for, than end up with [DE] 76ing it and pushing out rushed trash. It'll be out when it's out, and it'll be better for it

Well theres no waiting the update is already live they're hotfixing bugs 

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

-snip-

It's in a better place than when it started. I would have liked the codex to have been feature complete on mission entries though. I am glad that some missions that have no active nodes and in one particular case had no active nodes for years were removed from the codex.

9 hours ago, Arniox said:

FFS. You keep skipping so many weeks over and over and we get no info on anything new for months at a time. PLEASE, just do a devstream anyways. 

While I don't think telling them to just do a devstream anyways is going to do anything, I do agree with it being quite annoying to hear no information on things for months. We haven't had much Empyrean details, heard almost nothing about New War which is supposed to release this December (not hearing many things or "oh yeah, we don't want to talk about it" usually means the update has low progress). We have only had TEN devstreams this year so far, which is quite surprising considering last year we had almost 20. Kinda disappointed in the lack of information, but what really gets me is that we don't know if that is equating to more work getting done.

Archived