Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mr 9 impossible

(XBOX)AXE7916

Question

2 minutes ago, (XB1)camham7916 said:

I just cant complete the mr9 test, ive been trying for about a month now and i still cant do it. I just dont know what to do.

been a very long sime since I've done that one. However if I remember correctly, ranged melee weapons (glaives, Sarpa, etc) are silent. Thus you can simply use them to kill enemies from afar.

Also check out this video for pointers:

And in case you don't know - you can take a practice version of the test as many times as you like by visiting Cephalon Simaris in a Relay. When you go to his room, head directly Right and you'll find a staircase that has all the Master Rank tests lined up and available for you to practice on.

• Like 2

enemies have trouble looking up, try heavy impact and wait for a good oppurtunity at the last zone, there will be one very soon after starting that lets you take out 3 enemies at once. Also dont forget that you can activate the final zone and then jump back into the previous zone to be out of sight of the last 6 enemies.

4 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

been a very long sime since I've done that one. However if I remember correctly, ranged melee weapons (glaives, Sarpa, etc) are silent. Thus you can simply use them to kill enemies from afar.

Also check out this video for pointers:

And in case you don't know - you can take a practice version of the test as many times as you like by visiting Cephalon Simaris in a Relay. When you go to his room, head directly Right and you'll find a staircase that has all the Master Rank tests lined up and available for you to practice on.

All gunblades/glaives except Redeemer (Prime).

Also, in addition to what everyone has said, I dunno if you know, but you can practice the test in Cephalon Simaris' room before actually taking it. As many times as you want. So you can go in, learn the enemy patterns, figure out your strategy and weapons loadout before taking the real thing.

• Like 1

Just tried completing the test, i rushed and was extremely sloppy but here you go:

Also heads up, there's a couple of notification sounds from warframe forums in this video.

EDIT: tried with unmodded skana and found out, that even without any mods it mostly oneshots enemies. So i'd advise you to put reach & attack speed mods on your sword first.

Also, if you don't want to trigger a finisher you could try killing enemies with a slide attack. Or you could do what i often did in the video: bullet jump and an aerial melee attack afterwards. Both of those methods will keep you going.

Edited by Dante
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

If you've reached the quest 'the Sacrifice', the weapon from that grants invisibility upon finishers, which after one successful kill, makes subsequent ones fairly easy.

^This

The weapon you get from it really trivializes the test, the only two things that can make you fail an attempt is by not being fast enough (which is kinda hard), or because of the finisher animation not triggering. Here is a little demonstration of it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

If you've reached the quest 'the Sacrifice', the weapon from that grants invisibility upon finishers, which after one successful kill, makes subsequent ones fairly easy.

Ah, yes, the Skiajati. I completed this test before the Sacrifice was out, so I wasn't able to use this good one.

I used Banshee + Redeemer and cheesed the test that way. Without Banshee, the gunblades will alarm enemies but it's powerful enough to hopefully kill them before they notice you. Then again, the enemies were a hella lot more oblivious when I completed it.

Edited by Cephalon_Naiture
Pretty sure MR tests are not quests...

If you need to practice, then you can go to the Relays. Simaris has them all there, and the one you are up to, along with all the ones you have fished, are all able to do it in practice mode. So you can keep running it till you have it down, THEN do the test. 🙂

1 hour ago, (XB1)camham7916 said:

I just cant complete the mr9 test, ive been trying for about a month now and i still cant do it. I just dont know what to do.

57 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

if I remember correctly, ranged melee weapons (glaives, Sarpa, etc) are silent

54 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

All gunblades/glaives except Redeemer (Prime).

Wiki seems to consider all gunblade shots as "alarming", though there's a mention of them being silent if playing as client (as opposed to host) and that this is probably a bug.

'Course, you could always just run with a Banshee, in which case the frame's passive renders your weapons silent.

1 hour ago, (XB1)camham7916 said:

I expect you have trouble with the third section? General advise:

Activate channeling, this dissolves corpses. Use a gunblade from very far away, a glaive while using cover, a Rakta Dark Dagger with crouching or a Skiajati.

If you have nothing of the above weapons, you have to rush the third section - enemies appear to always spawn in the same positions. Bullet jump immediately to the right side, disregard cover and just quickly kill both enemies on the ground, then the enemy on the elevation and the enemy in the far left corner. Now you can slowly kill the rest while hiding behind pillars.

MR9 (and stealth in general) seems to be broken since the Gauss update. There's a multitude of threads about it, but we've yet to see any fix or even any comment by DE about it.

It may be easier to keep track and get DE's eyes on this problem by consolidating discussion in one thread, but who knows. I contacted both support from the site (which directed me to the forum) and the forum community managers' inbox (which was entirely ignored), so I don't know what else we can do. I personally have since been able to pass the test on my SO's account by using the Skiajati but it's extremely disappointing and discouraging that a progression-breaking bug such as this goes completely ignored. So much so that it's turned me away from spending any more money in the game (I used to get 20€'s worth of Platinum every time I got a 75% off coupon). 

1 hour ago, Quarterdane said:

Wiki seems to consider all gunblade shots as "alarming", though there's a mention of them being silent if playing as client (as opposed to host) and that this is probably a bug.

'Course, you could always just run with a Banshee, in which case the frame's passive renders your weapons silent.

I've used gunblades in these MR tests before and they were silent. That said, I haven't done these tests in a very long time (I'm max MR at the moment) and thus DE may have changed them to be alarming since then.

Either way, glaives are still silent and the rest of my statement is valid to the OP.

I gave an answer for this in another thread.  But I will repeat.

Things you need: 

Weapon:

Redeemer - modded for high range and fury. Thats it for weapons.  You can use a glaive.  I find it less effective. 

Warframe: Wisp is the best.  Because of her passive.   Enemy radar mod.  You also should use an energy siphon max energy mod.  Other frames work fine though.  Wisps passive just makes it better.

Channel - hopefully this can help you before it gets removed.  It disintigrates bodies.  So no detection or alert.

Stage one.

Hide behind the blocks in the front.  Dont bother moving and stay crouched.  Just wait until the reticle turns red.  Just when they turn a corner.  Pop a heavy charged.  They Will melt as only 1 palette needs to hit them.  But you can safely fire even before they come from behind the other towers and they will walk into the spray.

Platform 2 is done the same way.  Take out the ground people first and then the ones on the ledge.  Your energy should be high because of siphon.

Platform 3:

Jump down from the ledge on platform 2 to reactovate.  Then bullet jump back up.  Move to the back of the platform. Wisp makes it easy.  But if you do get caught you will appear back on that ledge. Always keep crouching. The enemies Will remain there spawned.

The room is laid out like this.

1.             2.              3

4              5.  

6.                              7

(-----------------)

The line represente To platform you bullet jumped back on.  Move as far back as you can.  

Start with 2.  Move to the center of the platform.  He is on a raised Ledge.  Take him out first when your reticle turns red as he walks behind the pillar. He will die easy. 

Take out 1 and then 3. Still staying way back on the ledge youre on.

Take out 4 and 5.  6 and 7 patrol in opposite directions.  

So 4 will move.  When the reticle is red take him out.  Then follow up with 5 while 6 and 7 move under your vantage point.  

Then move far left or right from the back of that ledge.  Wait until their blue heads slightly appear from your vantsge point.  And fire off your charged attack.  Take out the other only after he walks back and under your ledge.  He will begin walking back and not facing you.  Wait for the top of his head and shoot.  

Do this before the channeling changes.

This worked for me.

I have 4 recommendations on how to clear that test:
1 : Practice the test in Simaris room at any relay, you can practice any test you have unlocked there. The enemies in the test have fixed patterns so that's easy to predict.
: Use a melee weapon with good range so that you aren't locked in finisher animations, like a polearm or whip or glaive throw, enemies die with one hit so if you can kill more than one at once, that will work nicely.
3 : You can alternately use the Skiajati to stay invisible, as the weapon grants invisibility on finishers and it keeps refreshing as you get more finishers.
4 : The ultimate cheese that you can also use on MR19 test, Banshee + a gunblade, either the Sarpa or Redeemer with the Bullet Dance stance, charged melee attack will fire it like a gun and Banshee's passive makes the shots silent so you can just snipe all enemies without them noticing you.

You all talk so much... not understanding what a pain it is to do this test with a gamepad.

I had no problems doing this on PC but failed it like 10 times when i travel back to my home town and crash a a friends couch, playing on his PS4 because anyone is at work and i'm bored. You just dont have the controll when it comes to "get behind the enemy".

On PC i can glide to the enemy and finish him... on PS4 i couldnt even walk up behind them in the right angle. It's not like you only have to do like 2 or 3.... you have to clear the whole level and cant make any mistakes. THAT is pure pain