Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catchmoon nerf

Kefirno

So, Catchmoon rework into glorified melee is incoming... But why not just make ~80 ultra-garbage secondary weapons viable instead?

The main reason Catchmoon does not deserve nerf is that it's one of the very few secondary weapons that feels nice to shoot. Countless SMGs, pistols and throwing knives just get unbearably boring eventually. There are also beams but beam weapons are generally tend to be garbage. Explosives also suck because self-damage is broken.

Why nerfing the fun stuff is always the first thing that comes to DE's mind when the real issue is either entire classes of weapons being garbage or dozens of guns having nearly identical mechanically but superior in stats counterpart?

Edited by Kefirno

... Catchmoon should deal the same relative damage as Lex (which doesn't, otherwise it wouldn't have almost 60% global popularity), since a player gets it from Venus... which is one of the 3 starter planets...

Edited by Uhkretor

Oh. Another one woke up...

19 минут назад, Kefirno сказал:

So, Catchmoon rework into glorified melee is incoming...

That's a great thing! Melee is undergoing a buff in stats dude!

20 минут назад, Kefirno сказал:

But why not just make ~80 ultra-garbage secondary weapons viable instead?

Why not just make a thread about buffing those ~80 ultra garbage secondary weapons instead?

22 минуты назад, Kefirno сказал:

Countless SMGs, pistols and throwing knives just get unbearably boring eventually. There are also beams but beam weapons are generally tend to be garbage. Explosives also suck because self-damage is broken.

False. Learn 2 aim. Learn how to not blast your sorry back in space.

/thread

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Kefirno:

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Kefirno:

There are also beams but beam weapons are generally tend to be garbage. Explosives also suck because self-damage is broken.

with these statements alone u pretty much told everyone that u dont know any of these weapons so better dont judge what u dont know.

that aside, why would u change every other weapon because ONE is out of the ordinary by a lot and as a result of that mass buff trivialise the games difficulty and future content even more ? ppl already complain about lack of content and challenge...and then such suggestions drop here about every other weapon getting buffed just because one is too efficient.

catchmoon nerf is legit, deal with it. warframe has so many very strong but sadly underrated weapons, if u think they are bad that just shows that u never really took the time to try them out....so maybe do that. lack of content ? only if u ignore 90% of the weapons and fun builds....

Edited by Xydeth

25 minutes ago, Kefirno said:

Because at that point "Viable" would mean having them all with wide range and infinite punch-though, on top of even more damage.

At that point they might as well just delete every other secondary because it achieves the same effect.

Edited by Aldain

seeing as you made the statement that Continuous Weapons are 'bad' as a Category, you might want to put some more effort into learning the mechanics of the game and how to apply them.
either that or you just haven't updated any of your stored mental information in 5 years or something. which is about the same thing.

Edited by taiiat

*sigh* 

The only good thing I've found in those threads is how many people disagree with the OP. Reminds me that I'm not the only one who's fun isn't based on nuking every challenge DE worked on for months with the cheesiest of Meta and whine about "lack of challenge and endgame".

I'm glad to see DE is making progress against those cheap, boring methods. Phase 2 of the melee rework is going to be another step forward, so with Spin-2-Win and the Catchmoon nerfed, I hope we'll start to see a bit more diversity in the players' loadouts.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

I'm not the only one who's fun isn't based on nuking every challenge DE worked on for months with the cheesiest of Meta and whine about "lack of challenge and endgame".

Nerfing individual overperforming weapons into oblivion isn't going to fix the problem with lack of challenge. Do you remember Warframe being challenging between nerf of Tonkor and introduction of Catchmoon? Me neither.

• Like 1

I mean a new player could just get a catchmoon after 3 days of playing and never use another weapon again. It was a bit overpowered. It needed to be nerfed and imho the way it was nerfed is fine. the way i see it there were 2 options: straight damage nerf, or utility nerf. Considering the way this weapon covered almost all niches I think it makes sense to turn it into something that is just really good at one thing by nerfing range rather than just scaling the damage back. this way it can still be quite powerful, but it doesn't dominate. That's how I prefer my weapons anyway, that way I don't use the same gear all the time (which gets REALLY stale)

5 hours ago, Pie_mastyr said:

I mean a new player could just get a catchmoon after 3 days of playing and never use another weapon again. It was a bit overpowered. It needed to be nerfed and imho the way it was nerfed is fine. the way i see it there were 2 options: straight damage nerf, or utility nerf. Considering the way this weapon covered almost all niches I think it makes sense to turn it into something that is just really good at one thing by nerfing range rather than just scaling the damage back. this way it can still be quite powerful, but it doesn't dominate. That's how I prefer my weapons anyway, that way I don't use the same gear all the time (which gets REALLY stale)

A new player wouldn't even be able to get a kitgun in a week, probably much longer than that. Standing caps are a thing, and the cap is extremely low without sufficient mastery ranks. There are also numerous other weapons that are better anyway.

18 минут назад, (PS4)LoisGordils сказал:

They are ALL viable. Catchmoon makes even primaries seem garbage. Hope it gets nerfed to have a max of 10m range lol

Oh no, don't say that. Otherwise there'll be a dude asking you to make Mk1 guns viable, just like it was with me in other whiny thread lol.

Frankly, MK1 is still viable. Just a matter of investment.