Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Rework Ideas

(PSN)Nogpl_23

Atlas Rework Ideas :

No recoil on any weapon because he doesnt have recoil on arch gun so... look the sky while using mara detron is ridiculous

The rumblers should last indefinitly like wukong twin and do dmg scaling with enemies levels, they should have a 20% chance to petrify enemies for 20sec hit too

Landslide should have a 15% crit chance instead of 5% and have a 10% chance to petrify for 10sec on hit

Petrify should cost 50 instead of 75 and the 60° angle should be affected by power range

His passive should cap at 3000 armor to be different and stronger than Wukong armor and freeze for 5sec for each rubble taken, this armor should decrease by 3/sec instead of 5/sec

• Like 1

I can't complain. I wouldn't turn down anything at this point. You left off the ability that needs the most work though, Tectonics.

It has it's niche uses, but the boulder function is pointless. The only time I've found the ability more consistently useful is with the augment, but all abilities need to be good without wasting a mod slot on a bandaid. 

I did see some nice suggestions on the forums to change it to some kind of totem that provides damage resistance to allies/objectives in the area. I'd also like it to generate rubble over time and halt decay of rubble while Atlas is in range. 

Yes for sure, the second ability should be totally reworked, I only use it with the augment too but only to do the Index Nightwave mission.. How can we submit these ideas to DE? 

Atlas prime is good because of the insane amount of health and armor he has, especially with the 3 umbral mods... But his abilities are not so good and don't synergies at all... I really want him to be reworked 

Well, I designed a rework for Atlas a few weeks ago because I was bored, and this is what I came up with; and I clearly had a few of the same ideas as you. That said, I've probably designed them terribly haha.

Resource 

Spoiler
Resource : Rubble

Rubble is a pickup item unique to Atlas that drops from petrified enemies on death. Rubble restores Health to Atlas if he is injured; if Atlas is at full health, Rubble instead grants additional armor that decays over time.
  • Each petrified enemy will drop 1 piece of Rubble that restores 50 health or provides 50 bonus armor. Rubble will remain on the ground for 30 seconds before crumbling away if left untouched.
    • Enemies petrified by Path of Statues' rock trail, Petrify's flash, or Celestial Comet are eligible to drop rubble
    • Petrified enemies killed by Landslide grant 75 Health or Armor from their dropped Rubble.
    • Rubble will not grant armor if at least 1 health point is missing from Atlas' maximum health pool. Excess health points will not overflow into bonus armor points.
  • Rubble armor is displayed in a circular gauge on the HUD above the ability icons
    • The current number of bonus armor is shown below the gauge and will visibly subtract as bonus armor decays or add as Atlas picks up new Rubble.
    • Armor bonus is capped at 2,500 points
    • Bonus armor decays at a rate of 3 armor points per second.
      • Decay rate is doubled when Atlas is inside a Nullifier Crewman's bubble or inside a Fog of Nul Comba and Scrambus's nullification field.
    • Upon picking up Rubble to gain bonus armor, bonus armor decay is paused for 5 seconds. Picking up Rubble to restore health points will pause armor decay for 1 second.
    • Bonus armor will not be lost if the player falls out of bounds, but will be lost in the event of a host migration.
    • The stone icon in the center of the gauge will enlarge or shrink depending on the amount of bonus armor stored. At 0 bonus armor, it remains a pebble; at 2,500 bonus armor, it becomes a large boulder.
    • Rock formations will appear on Atlas' body as he accumulates bonus armor.
  • Amount of Rubble dropped per petrified enemy, health restored, bonus armor provided, and rate of decay are not affected by mods.
  • Rubble pickup can be vacuumed by Sentinels or the Warframe's innate vacuum radius, or fetched by Companions.
  • Rubble pickups resemble a piece of stone encased in a translucent layer of reflective rock-shaped metal, which is tinted in Atlas' chosen Warframe energy color.
  • Rubble pickups spawned when a petrified enemy dies while airborne will fall to the ground.

Passive

Spoiler

Passive : Immovable

Strong as the mountain, Atlas is immune to knockdown and knockback effects while in contact with the ground. All recoil is reduced by 50%.
  •  Atlas remains susceptible to knockdown and knockback while in the air
  • Certain attacks like Fire Blast can push back Atlas, regardless of knockdown
  • This immunity applies to obstacles and traps capable of knockdown and knockback, such as Corpus Laser Barriers.
    • Atlas can also fire powerful Arch-Guns such as Corvas, Velocitus and Larkspur without their recoil forces causing him to stop moving, even in the air.

Ability 1

Spoiler

Ability #1 : Landslide

[PE] Cost : 25e
[PS] Damage (1 Hit) : (100/200/300/350)
[PS] Damage (2 Hits) : (200/400/600/700)
[PS] Damage (3+ Hits) : (400/800/1200/1400)
[PD] Combo : (1) second        >>> (2) seconds
Dash : (8/10/12/15)
[PR] Impact (1 Hit) : 2
[PR] Impact (2 Hit) : 4
[PR] Impact (3+ Hit) : 6
Rubble : 50%

Atlas charges forward to punch an enemy target up to [Dash] meters away. The target and enemies within [Impact] meters are dealt [Damage] Impact damage as a melee strike with 200% critical damage multiplier, a 15% critical chance, and a 10% status chance.
  • This can also now target Tectonics within line of sight, from up to (2x[Dash]) meters. Doing this will deal 1% of the tectonics maximum health to it as damage
  • Atlas becomes invulnerable while attacking with this ability.
Augment
Spoiler

Augment Path of Statues

Landslide Augment - Leave a trail for (7/8/10/12) seconds that petrified enemies for (4/5/5/6) seconds.
  • Trail Duration is affected by Power Duration
  • Petrification Duration is affected by Power Duration
Note : This augment is unchanged

Ability 2

Spoiler

Ability #2 : Petrify

[PE] Cost : 50e
[PS] Bulwark Heal : (20/30/40/50)%
[PD] Duration : (5/10/15/20)
[PR] Cone : (10/11/12/14)
[PR] FOV : 65 degrees (caps at 135 (maybe?))
Damage : +50%
Rubble : 1

Atlas unleashes his hardened gaze in a conical burst of energy [Cone] meters long within a [FOV] field of view. All enemies caught within the cone are instantly turned to stone. Petrified enemies receive [Damage] more damage from all sources and are completely disabled from attacking or moving for [Duration] seconds, and will drop Rubble upon death.
  • Tectonic's hit by petrify are healed by [Bulwark Heal] and become petrified.
Note : 135 degree cap because that is the FOV of a single human eye. Otherwise the cap would be 182 degrees at 280% Range, which is roughly the FOV of the average human with 2 eyes.
Note : This is the second ability, and not the third, because I feel the energy costs for this and the third ability should be switched

Augment
Spoiler

Augment : Ore Gaze

Petrify Augment - Petrified enemies are now scanned into the codex, and have a (25/50/75/100)% chance to drop additional loot when killed.
  • Drop chance is not affected by Power Strength

Ability 3

Spoiler

Ability #3 - Tectonics

[PE] Cost : 75e
[PS] Health : (2850/3150/3450/3750)
[PS] Armor : (6/9/12/15)%
[PS] Damage : (10.5/1.0/1.5/2.0)x
[PD] Buff : (5/10/15/20)
Explosion : (25/50/75/100)%
Range : (8/10/12/15)
Bulwark Heal: Look at Petrify
Duration : (1/2/3/4)

Reshaping the surrounding terrain, Atlas erects a Bulwark made of stone with a base health of [Health] and an additional health equal to 500% of Atlas' modded armor. Upon activation, the bulwark is invulnerable for [Duration] seconds. Incoming damage that is absorbed during the invulnerability period is converted and added to the bulwark's health.
Reactivating the ability will cause the bulwark to disintegrate, and cover Atlas with protective stone armor equal to [Armor] of the bulwarks remaining health for [Buff] seconds. If the bulwark is petrified, Atlas will instead receive a damage buff equal to [Damage] 

• A bulwark's total health, before absorbing damage, is multiplicatively affected by Ability Strength.
  • While active, a health counter becomes visible on the ability icon that tracks the bulwark's health percentage from 100% to 0%. Placing the HUD's targeting reticule over the bulwark will also display its health bar.
  • Atlas and his allies do not contribute to the bulwark's health gain by shooting it during the invulnerability period.
Synergy :
- Atlas can quickly move to his bulwark with Landslide from up to 30m away (with Landslide at rank 3)
- Casting Petrify on the Bulwark heals it, and turns it into a Petrified Bulwark.
       - A petrified Bulwark cannot be healed with Petrify
- Recasting Tectonics with an active Bulwark will give you a temporary armor buff, while recasting Tectonics with an active Petrified Bulwark will give you a temporary damage buff.

Augment
Spoiler

Augment : Tectonic Plating

Tectonics Augment - Upon recasting Tectonics, all allies within (8/10/12/15) meters of you or the bulwark receive an identical buff with (12/25/37/50)% effectiveness.
  • Range is not affected by Power Range
  • Effectiveness is not affected by Power Strength

Ability 4

Spoiler

Ability #4 - Celestial Comet

[PE] Cost : 100e
[PS] Multiplier : (125/150/175/200)%
[PD] Duration : (2/3/4/5)
[PD] Stun : (1/2/3/4)
[PR] Range : (14/16/18/20)
Rubble : 1

Atlas becomes immobile for up to [Duration], and absorbs all incoming damage in this period. At the end of this period, Atlas releases a sphere of rapidly expanding light that deals True damage equal to [Multiplier] of the absorbed damage to all enemies within [Range]. Enemies killed by this will drop [Rubble] rubble (stacks with Petrify), as well as dropping either an energy or health orb. Enemies that survive are petrified for [Stun]. This ability can prematurely activated by recasting.

Note : Atlas kneels down and raises his arm, and a glowing sphere of (energy colour?) light appears atop his hands. When this ability "activates", the sphere falls out of his hands and hits the floor before rapidly expanding.

Augment
Spoiler

Augment : Heavenly Wrath

Celestial Comet Augment - All enemies killed by this ability release their own sphere that deals (15/25/35/50)% of their maximum health as Blast damage to all enemies within (7/8/9/10) meters.
  • Damage is not affected by Power Strength
  • Range is affected by Power Range

Edited by (XB1)MarakViriPlays
Spelling

.... Atlas is one of the few frames i agree needs a rework... when i thought of atlas i thought we were getting something like Taliyah from league of legends..

This dude is so annoying to use. His pets are asbolutly worthless, besides we have enough pet keeper frames... it would be nice if he somed a contruct that did one attack like an Eidolin from Final Fantasy or something. Also instead of boring CC move why cant her get a movement spell considering all day hes spamming punches.

The wall and boullder is one of my favorite skills tho!

@Marinara19 I assume the "boring CC" you're referring to is Petrify?

He has that because he's based on the Greek Titan Atlas, and he got petrified by Perseus, using the head of the gorgon Medusa.

The reason he doesn't have a movement skill is (I assume), because he held the pillars of heaven for basically eternity, and couldn't really move ... at all. Giving him a movement skill would go against his lore, which DE usually try to incorporate as much as possible.

Landslide, I'm guessing, is because he was the God of Endurance, and this pretty much turns him into a boxer, which is an Endurance sport.

Not entirely sure how Tectonics fits into his lore though, unless that's because he became a mountain when he got petrified. But, the boulder part REALLY doesn't make sense.

Petrify I've already mentioned.

Rumblers though ... Yeah, I can't really think of how they fit, hence why this ability isn't in my rework design.

• Like 2

@(PS4)Nogpl_23 Thanks. Though I very much doubt he'd compete with those two, given the range advantage they have, but I figured he deserved to go from ... unused, shall we say, to something that's actually viable for all baseline content at worst. 

@keikogi The innate Shattering Impact for Landslide is also a solid idea, though it might be a bit too broken. Maybe have that only when Atlas' Landslide combo is 3+ (or 4+ (so it starts stripping armor instead of getting another damage boost)), though I can't say I'm certain it would be necessary to do that.

The Landslide+Tectonics=Boulder thing is a much better way to implement it that what it currently has, and would make gameplay much smoother with a base of 4 bulwarks. Though the augment would need to change. Not sure if the idea of absorbing the rubble from your bulwarks would be used too much except for in lulls of combat, but that's mostly because there's no numbers in your suggestion, and I can't think of a good balance given the way decay and rubble armor would factor in. No real opinion on the enemy highlighting, but I don't really see how that fits into his kit.

And yeah, the energy drop is all petrify really needs in its current form.

That said, I really like your Rumbler rework. It would make them actually viable, instead of being something that dies the instant it is spawned.

7 hours ago, (XB1)MarakViriPlays said:

@keikogi The innate Shattering Impact for Landslide is also a solid idea, though it might be a bit too broken. Maybe have that only when Atlas' Landslide combo is 3+ (or 4+ (so it starts stripping armor instead of getting another damage boost)), though I can't say I'm certain it would be necessary to do that.

The Landslide+Tectonics=Boulder thing is a much better way to implement it that what it currently has, and would make gameplay much smoother with a base of 4 bulwarks. Though the augment would need to change. Not sure if the idea of absorbing the rubble from your bulwarks would be used too much except for in lulls of combat, but that's mostly because there's no numbers in your suggestion, and I can't think of a good balance given the way decay and rubble armor would factor in. No real opinion on the enemy highlighting, but I don't really see how that fits into his kit.

I've stopped placing numbers on my sugestions because they shift the focus of the discussion from desing to balance. My sugestion are ment to address desing problems not balance ones. For example if the shatering impact effext removes 50 base armor per landslide it is amazing if it removes 5 it is meaninless. But everyone knows that armor stripping is a good effect.

I can say the about the rubble gain , of it is 60 it is a wate of energy if it is 600 it is amazing. But once again that is a balance problem not a desing one.

The enemy highling is just a quality of life change.

7 hours ago, (XB1)MarakViriPlays said:

That said, I really like your Rumbler rework. It would make them actually viable, instead of being something that dies the instant it is spawned.

it is amazing at making rumblers a good skill but they are not passive. They require the player to actively cast his own skills.

On 2019-10-31 at 4:56 PM, (PS4)Nogpl_23 said:

How can we submit these ideas to DE? 

This is the appropriate way, through the Feedback forums.

Unfortunately, use of any of these ideas is really based on their whims. At best it's usually intended to express the dire need for change, but often times the specifics of the rework suggestions are lost. I think a major issue with that stems from insufficient internal testing or limited actual players in the staff.

• 1 month later...

I love these rework ideas but i really want those warframes with cool weapons(khora's whipclaw,atlas's rock fist) to be its own weapon and available to mod. it should have the same function as garuda's (gets talons when no melee is equipped) and as for the abilities tectonics should be a boulder throw like sigma's accretion in overwatch. the ability benefits from strength and range mods (strength:higher damage and increase boulder size,range:distance and explosion radius) 

the 4th got me thinking about atlas becoming a rumbler himself or having his rock fists and rumblers active.the ability has energy drain when active and rumblers will stay there for indefinite amount of time and disappear when energy hits zero or deactivated. 

the ideas are awsome! and its rly cool to see these things might happen or not.

#ATLASFOREVER!!!

#2. Choice between wall types and sizes

#3. Petrified foes that crumble add to armor and atlas size?

#4. After casting rumblers (which are permanent until killed and all crumbled enemies add health back to rumblers then to atlas)

casting again at a target makes rumblers attack. Depending on foe killed relays buff to squad