Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)LoisGordils

First Catchmoon... Ignis Next?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Loza03:

Just adding more stuff without anywhere to take it? No. Adding more stuff tuned to an extreme minority like Ignis and Catchmoon? Also no. Both roads lead to doom.

The answer is to balance the outliers. In other words, nerf the Ignis, and the Catchmoon.

You are interpreting things into my words that aren't there.

Btw Ignis is not a high dps weapon. There are weapons with FAR higher damage. Ignis is a QoL weapon with just enough damage to breeze through most content available. I've explained this. Ignis is so popular because the higher damage weapons can't find use because the damage they have more is irrelevant because mobs are oneshot anyway.

Your mindset is just as self-destructive as the thing you are afraid of. After Ignis and Catchmoon bite the dust, whats next ? Atomos? Amprex? The crusade against AoE weapons deleting your maps of mobs way too weak for WFs powerlevel is long and those weapons are far from the highest dps weapons.

It just seems incredibly narrowminded to me and if you truly believe Ignis and Catchmoon are the top dps weapons in Warframe you sorely lack knowledge of the game.

6 minutes ago, Raikh said:

You are interpreting things into my words that aren't there.

Btw Ignis is not a high dps weapon. There are weapons with FAR higher damage. Ignis is a QoL weapon with just enough damage to breeze through most content available. I've explained this. Ignis is so popular because the higher damage weapons can't find use because the damage they have more is irrelevant because mobs are oneshot anyway.

Your mindset is just as self-destructive as the thing you are afraid of. After Ignis and Catchmoon bite the dust, whats next ? Atomos? Amprex? The crusade against AoE weapons deleting your maps of mobs way too weak for WFs powerlevel is long and those weapons are far from the highest dps weapons.

It just seems incredibly narrowminded to me and if you truly believe Ignis and Catchmoon are the top dps weapons in Warframe you sorely lack knowledge of the game.

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Thing is, it's a jack of all trades. ALL trades. It basically doesn't have a weakness or a drawback in most content, and it doesn't really take any input or engagement to use properly. Simply put, in terms of a player input : power output ratio, it's very off-balance.

It doesn't have to be the Top DPS weapon. Hell, my first post described it as 'very decent'. But at the end of the day, it's still heavily unbalanced, since it has few to no meaningful drawbacks meaning that most people using it are getting results far higher than the effort they did to achieve them. Dread is a much higher DPS than Ignis. How often do you see people using it over Ignis, hm?

And, yes, Amprex and Atomos also fall into this category. AoE I have no problem with. AoE without any drawbacks? Plenty of problems. Possible exception is Larkspur if they fix heavy weapon ammo economy to actually make them 'ultimates'. AoE I don't have a problem with? Fulmin, Arca Plasmor (… mostly, they're a grey area to me), basically any self-damage weapon and... well, any AoE weapon you can't just tape down your fire button and still win the game with top honours.

Catchmoon, on the other hand... 50% of the MR27 playerbase, plus several MR's below. People with literally every weapon or secondary weapon in the game consistently picked that thing up over every other weapon in the entire game. Do you really, honestly think that was OK?

You can't stagnate, I agree with that entirely. But if every update is designed around the broken highest common denominator that's miles ahead of most other things in practicality - not necessarily DPS, actual use. Yeah, no, that's how you get power creep and accetion.

I dont think the ignis is anywhere close to being overpowered. Regardless of build it is a poor performer on higher level content. Lower to mid level content is where it shines, and frankly there are many weapons that shine in the same way in that content and still retain viability for end game.

Ignis is more FUN than certain other weapons. The biggest benefit is the ability to wipe out lower content without self damage. If that deserves a nerf....well...Im not sure I want to play that game.

19 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

It was announced that the Catchmoon would be getting a (much deserved) nerf.

What about the Ignis (Wraith)? A flamethrower that has very long range, great ammo economy, highest beam thickness of all continuous weapons and creates an AoE upon impact on top of absurd damage against mobs with no real aiming required is a bit off. Especially when entire rooms can be wiped out by this in nanoseconds. Not only that, the Heat proc rework will bring this gun to even more powerful levels!

In my opinion, Ignis should not have the range of a laser. The stream of fire should be much shorter, but the thickness be increased to compensate. Damage can stay the same.

Your jealousy is physically palpable. Very different weapons, very different roles, very different damage output. Also the ignis doesn't take up an entire tileset with blinding sparkles.

9 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Your jealousy is physically palpable. Very different weapons, very different roles, very different damage output. Also the ignis doesn't take up an entire tileset with blinding sparkles.

I SERIOUSLY doubt if some of these very loud nerfers are working for other game developers to try to destroy Warframe by convincing DE to get into this mind set to nerf whatever players love, use the most, and whatever are powerful and the most fun to use. Every day, every week, there are non-stop accounts proposing nerfing this or that. These nerfing proposals don't even make sense because this is a PvE game. 

On 2019-10-31 at 12:30 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Fun in PvE games comes from killing enemies. If a trigger-happy Ignis player sweeps through tiles, what is there left to kill? What fun are we having? No, playing Solo is not a solution. Besides, a range nerf will not kill the Ignis. Unless of course y'all are incapable of actually approaching enemies and aiming. 

You are everything thats wrong with warframe.  Probably why we have terrible updates like this.  I could careless if some ignis guy was killing all the enemies.  Why is that a problem?  Unless you're leveling something, otherwise why would that matter?  It's not like ignis performs super well vs high level content, so were talking about playing some mid range mission and being upset that we aren't getting to kill enough?  I can't relate to this mindset at all sorry.

This reeks of "Weapon A I don't like gets nerfed, YAY! How about we nerf wepaon B as well? I don't like that one either."

I bet that OP will make "First Ignis... Phantasma Next?" if Ignis does end up getting nerfed.

Well DE allways do the same, if the riven dispo nerf doesnt work, turn the popular weapons into MR fodder, then release a new batch and repeat.

I agree, as someone who uses the Ignis all the time, that thing absolutely melts everything without any effort. I can easily kill lvl 150 corrupted bombards in like 3-5 seconds, and I don't even have to reload, just constantly hold m1 and aim in the general direction of the enemy, and I'm not even using a riven. I never achieved that level of destruction against large groups of enemies without interruption with any other gun (without using rivens), not even the Catchmoon.