Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OLD BLOOD HYPE THREAD - "IT'S ALIVE!"-Edition

BrazilianJoe

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Counterpoint:Image result for i expect nothing and i'm still let down

As for me, I need that lore injected into my veins yesterday. Gimmie dat Leverian and dose Requiem mods DE.

(oh, yeah, and liches are cool too)

The problem is in expecting nothing.  If you expect the worst case scenario, you are prepared for it and anything else is an absolute win. 

• Like 1

After not playing Warframe for most of the summer, I am back, and I am mildly optimistic and sensibly excited for the upcoming Old Blood. You may wish to imagine a small and restrained exclamation mark at the end of that sentence.

In particular, I am looking forward to trying out the new Ember kit, as it looks pretty good, and I do feel that my favourite 'frame deserves some love after the disastrous mishandling of her last few mechanical changes.

The Kuva liches seem pretty damned cool. An enemy which is guaranteed to not just roll over when you apply a load of overpowered damage output to it, an enemy who is a questline unto themselves, that sounds excellent. Also, long have I wanted a Seer pistol which isn't, how you say, rubbish, so this could be neat. On the other hand, converting liches is gonna be really cool, and I do hope that leads into them being present as crewmembers in Empyrean.

The mechanics of Requiem mods sound tolerable. I know a lot of people don't like that any given Requiem mod has limited uses, but they honestly don't sound like they'll be all that hard to maintain a stock of.

All that said, a delayed update which is playable is far preferable to a rushed, buggy update which stresses the hell out of the devs, and I'm happy to rampage around murdering dinosaurs in MonHun while that happens.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Wow, how times have changed. Gone are the days of 32pg hype threads huh? So much salt.

No kidding. We used to have pages and pages and pages of hype memes on this forum. 

Which just begs the question: Are y'all okay?? What happened to you to make you this cynical and hype-less?

7 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

No kidding. We used to have pages and pages and pages of hype memes on this forum. 

Which just begs the question: Are y'all okay?? What happened to you to make you this cynical and hype-less?

If you think about it, not even DE seems to hype like they used to either. Unless I missed it, where's the week long hype site? 

Has the "content drought" crowd sullied the vibe surrounding huge updates? 

I'll admit, I'm not salty, but I'm not feeling the hype like I used to. Especially after 2k+ hours playing this game. Still excited to play it though

Edited by Hypernaut1

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you think about it, not even DE seems to hype like they used to either. Unless I missed it, where's the week long hype site?

That's a good point. I know that they had a one day hype site that sort of had all the same content that the week long one would, but it just ain't the same. 

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

admit, I'm not salty, but I'm not feeling the hype like I used to. Especially after 2k+ hours playing this game. Still excited to play it though

I feel the same way. It's hard to feel that level of excitement over something that you've spent so much time with. But it would be fun to at least see real hype threads again, y'know? 

I remember when I Rick Rolled a bunch of people in a U18 hype thread. Oh, those were the times. 

7 minutes ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

People got older and became boring.

Bleh.

Sounds about right.