Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Grendel & Masseter Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Solo player here. All of my friends (which happens to be my small clan members and a few others) just stopped playing wf bcoz of this kinda thing. It's ridiculous to say the least. How am I supposed to get a part of a normal frame solo? Well, guess I'll just turn the lights off when leaving this game too.

• Like 2

1 feast

should lower more energy consumption speed right now not fun enuff

2 noursih

buff kinda lacking

3 regurgitate 

needs  better aoe  misses sometimes even in close range aoe

4  pulverise

needs to be able to quick burst speed foward using 3 ability while costing energy and 1 enemy in feast,still use his 1 and 2 for the desired effect

• Like 1

Yea, as i've tested Grendel with multiple set ups now id have to agree with what is stated here, his feast hidden energy drain multiplier makes no sense and counter plays his passive, unless this is a bug where for some reason the .38 energy drain is multiplying on itself instead of adding .38 per enemy im not sure, but it needs to be reduced(or fixed if a bug), forget about even keeping 10-20 enemies in his gut for more than 15-20 seconds, the buffs feel a bit underwhelming. I'd also change the impact and toxin damage on his abilities to gas and corrosive, or maybe a synergy between regurgitate and pulverize where if you roll into enemies with pulverize after covering enemies in an AoE Gas pool from regurgitate, you then cause a large corrosive proc and thus reducing enemy armor which inherently makes the impact hit harder from rolling into them. besides that his health and armor values are solid and his kit is interesting, just needs some tweaks.

• Like 2

also on a side note, why does grendel even have shields, like why, he has such a minuscule amount of shield that you mine aswell just remove them since he has so much hp already, it just gets in the way of rage returning energy when the shields recharge.

• Like 3

First of all: Thank you for the awesome update!
Here are my thoughts on Grendels abilities and how you should improve them:
His 1: Consumes way too much energy. It is also hard to feast enemies when you're not aiming perfectly at the enemy and the enemies are already dead before I can suck them in my belly, because enemies get killed very quickly in this game.
His 2: Is hard to use, because you can't distinguish between his buffs. (It's a lot worse than Titanias 2). A selection like Ivaras 2 or Vaubans 2 would be a perfect fit.
His 3: The damage is very, very, very low for a third ability and doesn't even stagger the enemies. Also there seems to be no crowd control at all (no toxic explosion radius or anything). All in all, very boring and underwhelming ability imo.
His 4: Is suuuuper clunky and very slow in a game where super fast movement is everything. I'm also sad that you removed the possibility to feast enemies while rolling.

Edited by Qamelion
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SquirmyBurrito said:

With a little rearranging, Grendel's kit can be further streamlined and (I feel) improved.
1. Feast:

• Pressing the button- Unchanged. Sucks in enemies like it currently does.
  • Holding the button- Does what Nourish currently does. Digests enemies for buffs, can even have us hold the button longer to cast all three buffs at once for additional energy.

2. New ability.

3. Regurgitate:

• Pressing the button- Unchanged. Spits an enemy out as a projectile.
  • Holding the button- Releases all currently stored enemies (the current held button functionality for Feast).

4.Either I need more practice (which is totally possible) or Grendel needs to stop drinking before he decides to roll. He handles weird in a game where the movement is typically nice.

4 hours ago, Mardomus said:

Whew. Here we go, again; his Feast over time energy drain needs to go. This doesn't show on the tool tip how much the energy drain is multiplied per second. This defeats the purpose of his Passive. Why isn't his belly corrosive? Also, shouldn't he get some type of HP regen while the mobs are inside?

Nourish is decent, but I rather choose and stack all 3 buffs instead of finding certain mobs to activate it. The health received should be increased, and he should be able to one shot mobs inside to consume buffs/health/Regen (If possible), if the energy drain isn't fixed.

Regurgitate damage is very weak, and it didn't do a good AoE splash as presented on the video, unless its bugged.

Pulverize damage to enemies 40+ is weak unmodded. How come we don't have a toxic trail of gas or corrosive? I'm not a fan of the knockback impact and I don't think this ability scales, does it?

To me, it feels like he is lacking on the energy side. My thought of playing this Frame was to capture enemies, use their bodies as a buff and source of survival and damage, instead, its very energy consuming over time, lacks damage, healing is too low, and capture said mob to get said buffs has him run around to find said mobs just to get said buff. As of right now, I'd give him a 3.5/10. I would like to see the energy multiplier "overtime" taken away from Feast. I leave one Mob in my belly for keep sake and it takes me down to zero with a .38 Drain/Second. The ability shouldn't have Energy drain per mob, rather Energy Drain with mobs inside by said Energy, which is 1.5 at default. That's ridiculous. Nourish energy buff is too weak. With Rage I still have problems maintaining energy from Feast and surviving because of the amount of energy drain overtime, and yes I do have adaptation. Nourish should be chosen or have a better system. Increase the healing, energy, and armor multiplier. Also, if you consume an enemy, it should be able to heal you over time for the duration of the buff(s) like wisps healing ability; it should also give you stacking HP buff that last for certain duration. Regurgitate damage seems to be lacking along with its AoE damage. Maybe have enemies covered in corrosive and gas. When spit out, they apply those statuses leaving a nice patch on the ground for a couple of seconds. Pulverize lacks damage, the knockback is annoying, and impact is useless. Instead if impact and knockback, why not have mobs get stuck onto Pulverize dealing gas and corrosive damage, scaling. Also, while rolling, Pulverize should leave behind a trail of gas and corrosive status for a couple of seconds. When he exits rolling, there should be a large cloud of gas and corrosive damage around him. Also, I suggest increase his Energy by 100 or 150.

Update: 

Thinking on some things, I'm curious as to why Hydroids' puddle can hold large amounts of mobs and not suffer the amount of energy drain Grendel does? How come Inaros and Nidus have good regen/heal abilities and Grendel is lacking, since he has 75 shields, but more HP. The idea for Grendel is there, but the delivery is lacking. I think it's best to play Grendel on the training course so players can see his abilities on certain leveled mobs stationary and attacking, also taking off invincibility. 

Moment I saw Grendel's abilities kinda felt like he be another gimmicky frame with a poor scaling kit and after leveling and testing him against lvl 60 heavy gunners wich is a low test field for my usual build testing I feel like I hit the nail on the head.

Both these quotes sums up basically exactly what I feel like is holding Grendel back and what needs to be changed/improved to make him a good frame. I understand certain frames have certain uses but I feel like Grendel is just a kinda joke frame atm with no purpose or good role in any mission or squad.

Like most have said Feast is an energy draining machine making it hard to hold enemies long enough to use in most situations and making build diversity non existent as you need a lot of mods just to maintain/hold enough energy to use this skill. The range on consumption is nice but like @SquirmyBurrito said it would be best to combine this with nourish as it seems wasteful to have these powers so spread out and needs HP regen I'm surprised this wasn't one of the first things added to the skill it reminds me of when Limbo had 2 skills just to banish him and then others into the rift should be combined with Nourish for more fluidity and to have another more useful skill.

Nourish like i said should be combined and like @SquirmyBurrito said we should be able to hold down to cast all the buffs at once for more energy cost. As for a new skill maybe something of a buff JUST for Grendel that can change his toxin damage to it's combined elemental versions like viral corrosive etc..

Regurgitate like @Mardomus said is super weak and has no aoe. The new skill can buff/change the base toxin damage Grendel has into gas or corrosive or make the toxin ticks do true damage or more damage as it is it/s very Meh and like @SquirmyBurrito said should just be the way to get rid of enemies to save energy no reason to have 2 abilities do the same thing but both somehow are still not very useful except to clear up your stomach.

Pulverize controls are really bad and it's too easy to just bounce off everything. And like @Mardomus said impact is generally useless against most/higher level mobs. And since the energy cost is so high with Feast it's not really possible to get the bigger ball rolling.Using Nourish in combined with the new skill to maybe buff/change the toxin damage to other/stronger toxin damage combinations should affect Pulverize with more damage and an aoe around it. The slam should do an aoe of whatever damage you changed your toxin to like a big gas explosion or viral or corrosive all extremely useful against any enemy.

And the armor strip again is kinda pointless for Feast as a last point since I would think you'd want to keep them in your belly to be used for other skills. It be weird to think you want us to eat enemies just to strip armor VERY slowly and then vomit them back up just to kill them when a lot of other abilities do armor strip so much better and faster with better overall kits.

I really don't want to have another frame sit on the shelf because it SOUNDS cool and fun on paper but in execution is just very gimmicky and generally a bad feeling frame to use with not a place in even mid level (30-40) missions.

Hope this all made sense and didn't end up too ranty or pointless.

I am on PS4, so not live yet. NO MODs. WHAT? WHY?

If you want to create challenge hit me with level 150+ mobs, not take away all what makes Warframe.. Warframe.

Also, as other mentioned, Grendel is just another.. frame. He is locked behind:

Completing the entire star chart.

Farming arbitrations.

Tedious, progress invalidating missions.

Again, why? He is just another.. frame. Obtaining frames should be something straight forward and accessible to most players. This definitely is not.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)thegarada said:

I am on PS4, so not live yet. NO MODs. WHAT? WHY?

If you want to create challenge hit me with level 150+ mobs, not take away all what makes Warframe.. Warframe.

Also, as other mentioned, Grendel is just another.. frame. He is locked behind:

Completing the entire star chart.

Farming arbitrations.

Tedious, progress invalidating missions.

Again, why? He is just another.. frame. Obtaining frames should be something straight forward and accessible to most players. This definitely is not.

to add on to that, grendel isnt even a good enough frame to even bother getting atm with what he is locked behind. he has major energy issues and some synergy issues with terrible scaling ability.

• Like 3

Ok so I don't have grendel but I've heard he's got some... issues. Kinda waiting for him to be brought up before I even think about playing him making for a good first experience. But I do see problems even without playing him. *Honestly I really wish in the simulacrum you could spend credits to simulate a warframe because I'd love to be able to test him for better feedback. There are some things I'm suggesting that I don't know if they're in the game so those of you with grendel can you test this out?*

First, starting small, is his passive. This is not a passive. This is something that is functional to his kit. If you don't have enemies inside you then none of your other abilities work. This passive should be built into Feast by default. This would be like saying Emebr's fireball scales with repeated casts, that's your passive. No that's part of the ability!

Second, Enemies being consumed by feast will often die if you're running with Meta warframes like say a mesa, saryn, anyone with mass killing potential. if you can't consume anyone then your warframe falls flat at the start. You've created a warframe that directly conflicts with you game's meta which is like putting poison in morning coffee. Although not sure if grendel would mind poison. Can we have enemies nearly instantly if not instantly absorbed into grendel's gut?

Third, Feast strips armor right? stomach acid is a really strong substance so why does he spit enemies with toxin? If anything the enemy should be exploding corrosive bile in an area followed by viral or toxin damage to show sickness.

Fourth, Grendel is the same exact problem we've had before. Anyone remember Hydroid's old puddle? enemies at a high enough level won't die. Now here's what I suggest to fix this. Nourish will create leftovers within Grendel for 30s. Nourish creates leftovers of ALL enemies inside Grendel allowing him to keep the buffs and armor he get's from consumed enemies for the duration. This means that Grendel can finally stop shooting himself with energy drain and he won't be a boon to his team by keeping HIGH PRIORITY targets inside of his stomach. Another idea is below.

Fifth, the feast is somewhat clunky. Can we maybe get a buff to this? perhaps while he's feasting he gets a damage reduction? He's just standing there hoping to get something from an all you can eat buffet, but sometimes he can't even eat enemies then atleast help him out. Another option would be similar to baruuk and mag. Grendel's feast, aka the black hole, would eat up all damage in a 180o Radius in front of him like an actual black hole. This way he's unkillable to enemies infront but if you're facing the wrong way you still die. Range can increase this much like with baruuk.
   Now up above I said allies can't kill enemies inside grendel, well let allies shoot inside grendel while feast is active. SHOOT by the way, because some melee weapons have a massive cleave radius and you'd accidentally end up killing his food when he doesn't want you to. Enemies killed inside of grendel leave their corpses in there as leftovers letting Grendel use them at a later date. Similarly, enemies shooting inside of Grendel's feast will damage their allies within. Enemies inside of Grendel shoot take more damage as well.

Sixth, his nourish is strange. It feels like this should have a quiver mechanic but when I watched some of the review videos it doesn't show that he has this scrolling mechanic like Vauban and Ivara. Now this could be a solution but another option, what I'd prefer, is a charged nourish eating all the enemies at once like he's chewing enemies inside of him applying heavy slash and corrosive while applying buffs to his team while granting all of his bonuses to his team.

Seventh, Grendel's ultimate is... really terrible. FUN but terrible. I get that you want this as his ultimate but there are some ultimate that I just hate in the game. Effigy is one such example. Chroma is a tank warframe and when deploying effigy he LOSES armor, quite a decent portion of his armor too. Ultimate should not be damaging your warframe in any way and I didn't think I could hate any ultimate more than that but Grendel took the cake and ate it. His ultimate not only takes away full range mobility, but takes away your guns too.
   Grendel's ultimate is obviously meant to be damage right? I mean if it were mobility it would be faster than at least a firewalker nezha. It's not CC because it's got a terrible knockdown radius and there's more CC in equinox and her rest ability. Not an ultimate. It's almost certainly not a support for obvious reasons. Finally it's not a tank ability because it doesn't give any armor or resistance or anything. It doesn't even reduce enemy accuracy like normal ariel manuvers, which btw is taken away from Grendel in pulverize because he doesn't get full range mobility. The only option left is damage, so why does it do less damage than one lex shot to the face? No matter how many enemies he ahs in his stomach *which drains energy super fast* I can kill those enemies faster which just makes your team angry. This needs some form of damage.

Eighth Testing Needed, Pulverize feels like it should do damage the higher grendel drops from. I don't know if this is already in but because nobody has said anything on it, Grendel's Pulverise should deal much more damage the higher the warframe's fall. This would mean jumping power strength mods and titnaia's passive would have a use for grendel. Titania does have a deluxe skin releasing with him right? why not add some easy synergy?

Ninth Testing Needed, While in Pulverize, nourish should be castable and it's buffs should be instant. From what I know you can't cast nourish from inside of Pulverize... I think. Again this wasn't mentioned if he could do this is any videos and on the wiki so it may be a thing and I haven't seen any grendel actually do this yet. This ultimate should be a cornerstone of his kit because lord knows his kit needs something other than spitting on enemies.

Tenth When Regurgitate is used it only spits out one enemy and that's it. Could we maybe get a charge mechanic to machine gun enemies out or maybe cannonball all our enemies to deal increased damage? Not only that but the enemies hit by regurgitate aren't knocked down or affected in any way, just flinching. THIS is NOT ok. You're being hit by your best friend flying at 100 miles an hour shot by a humanoid void vomit bazooka and you DON'T EVEN FLINCH!? I find this very hard to believe this was intentional and maaaaybe we can get regurgitate buffed?

Eleventh Perhaps Pulverize can be changed slightly to energy drain? I'm not saying make it work off energy but Grendel is a hungry boy right? So why not... starve him??? that sounded dark but ok listen, if you don't have any enemies within pulverize, make it drain energy instead. he needs abilities that work without consumed enemies because his team literally deprives him of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, but it's worse because sometimes there's literally no enemies anywhere. Of course if this worked on leftovers some of the problem would be solved but I feel like draining energy when he's starving in Pulverize is a good addition.

All in all, Grendel really feels underwhelming not only to play, I assume, but also to play with. I hardly notice him even being there unlike other warframes. He's somehow more forgettable to me than hyroid and wukong. Not that they're bad mind you but these three have such little presence on the battlefield that I hardly notice anything when I'm playing with them. As a support and tank, I notice literally every other warframe they compete against much more. He also feels somewhat half baked and created without much actual ability synergy. yes they all are actually synergized but unlike say wisp, you don't get indirect or cool buffs from using the abilities together.

This next part comes out of concern. Please read this DE even if it hurts. I know people make mistakes but you need to be called out for this.

I completely forgot about the Grendel missions. I haven't actually said anything on them but I'm livid. Calling these missions a challenge is disrespectful to our dedication, our love, and the time we've poured into this game. Worse yet you've backstabbed anyone who's spent any money for mod packs, rivens, arcanes, and prime chamber devaluing all that money. This is NOT a challenge. Operators, Arcanes, and Mods. How many hours, days, even YEARS have we put into making our favorite builds, our focus trees, our arcanes. We spend lots of time on our gear DE, and we said we want to test out builds on hard enemies. Calling this a challenge isSince alpha we've had the freedom to build whatever we wanted, yes we've builds that rise above others but we have that freedom. That freedom is a core quality we as players treasure in this game. Why would you remove that? This screams that you aren't capable of developing hard content without playing unfair and going back on the systems you've created.

Edited by Violet_Xe
Added the Grendel Missions
  • Like 3

- Grendel's passive isnt a passive its his first ability.

- His 1 drains way to much energy.

- Enemies should be invincible when be consumed or allow him to eat corpses.

- The heal on his 2 needs a massive buff like 250-350 hp per enemy in his gut.

- His 2 should give the buffs based on number in his stomach. Also all buffs should be given with a single cast if he has the right number.

- His 3 should do corrosive aoe upon impact and leave a gas cloud.

- His 4 is Useless! This ability cant go up hills, moves slow, can barely turn, and does almost no damage to anything over lvl 20.

• Like 4

Make 1 more energy efficient 

or

make his 1 more applicable to more special units which are currently immune to it 

or

make 2 one guaranteed kill on activation 

make 2‘s buff more user friendly: eg able to choose buff; give all buffs every time etc.

3 is trash atm, need rework like more dmg or cc or just shoot all contents at once to make a forced cc.

4 needs to be faster and easier to control. I would prefer 4 free from other conditons and can just activate on its own 

edit: except 2, i didn’t expect Grendel to be a dmg Dealer with 3 or 4. I just want to have fun with him, like eating then shooting enemy body fireworks or roll around in a ball. I was expecting his 2 was the one that kills but in fact the synergy among 124 is. 4 doesn’t have to kill imo. It can cc but most importantly, it’s fun. 3 i am not sure as it has all the potentials. 

Edited by RosenLikor
  • Like 3

Played Grendel a bit and so far he seems okay, only stuff that bugs me are:

1. Movement during the Ult

- Its hard to go up the stairs, move fast or do anything while you allies clears the room with mesa or volt. I think we shhould be able to roll or use any of the skills to dash us forward.

Why? - Revenant got this treatment, Hildryn got this treatment which suggests in this light Grendel should get this treatment as well.

2. Low ground slam range on the Ult

- Could be fixed by addint the changes suggested in point one but still, the ground slam seems week and low range.

3. Damage of the ult

- The more the levels goes the harder it is to kill the enemies with the ult. I think he should have some % scalling or hold-left-to-deal-more-dmg kind of thing.

Why? - Revenant got this treatment just because it was possible he wouldnt be able to kill stuff and high level, so the problem goes back to Grendel.

4. THE RANDOM 2 BUFF

- It isnt explained anywhere, you cant control it. Just roll a dice and maybe get a buff you want? I really hate RNG like this, When i use a buff i want to know what buff i get - this is the reason i didnt played titania before - cuz of RNG. Now Grendel comes up with yet another RNG buff, its like throwing a vauban granade but getting a random one instead or having rhino have to roll a dice if he casts Iron skin or Roar. Please think of some way to make it not RNG.

AND LET ME PRECISE - If its not RNG, explain it better in ability discription but most of the players i met got confused over it.

Why? - Titania got the same exact treatment because her buffs were random.

5. Spitting enemies with 3

- Enemies spit by 3 have weird falloff, often dont hit the exact spoit i want, its RNG by this point if your enemy-projectile hits where you want. So I would suggest making the skill a bit better to aim and make the hit on the enemy more noticeable. Also to make the skill more usefull on high level add a combo counter so spitting more enemies would be profitable on high levels!

Why? - To help the warframe be relevant on high levels, Ember got similar treatment this patch so would be nice to get it on Grendel as well.

Thank you for reading! ❤️

• Like 1

Just some things I want to suggest

-Remove shields and give Grendal passive regen that increases with each enemy devoured. Devour should have a flat energy drain that doesn't increase with each devoured enemy.

-Nourish energy should give him and allies a high boost of energy. Nourish shields toxin damage should stack with each hit on Grendel, nourish damage is fine

Regurgitate, I had 2 ideas

-regurgitated enemies who survive the impact have a large aura around them that deals continual toxin damage to enemies in a large area, when regurgitated enemies die, they deal a large blast of toxin damage that leaves a large pool of corroding acid on the ground

Or

-regurgitated enemies transform into smaller version of pulverise and devour one enemy, hold in button to return all regurgitated enemies including the enemies they devoured.

-Pulverises damage should increase with each enemy devoured. activating devour while in pulverise should devour all enemies in a small radius 

Edit: I had an idea for a new passive "Grendels size makes him a threatening target, causing enemies to focus there attacks more on Grendel and less on allies"

Edited by (PS4)Thaumist
  • Like 1

I have been playing this warframe for many hours now and its really underwhelming. The massive health pool masks what is a rather poorly working warframe. His first ability gauzzels energy, even with a max efficiency + duration build. His 2nd ability recharges very little health, you have to consume a lot of enemies to give you back all the health back (added problem since his 1 is already an energy hog). His 3 is entertaining but in reality it does almost nothing., bad CC, bad damage and it requires two forms or resources (energy and consumed enemies). His 4 is probably the worst, I honestly don't understand the logic behind this design. Warframe is game about speed, power, mobility and control all of which is completely absent in Pulverize. This ability in its current design does NOTHING in the game, I can move faster and be more agile without this power. I can do do more damage and even control if just decided to melee. About the only thing it does better is take damage but that's not saying much since Grendel has a massive health pool + armor to begin with. Biggest issue with Grendel is the energy efficiency when we already have to deal with a 2nd energy resource.

Edited by S0V3REiGN
  • Like 1

Ok after a while test on Grandel this what i found.

1. Energy is main problem on this frame, How possible this frame so fat with this rate of energy drain. The main idea of this frame is to eat enemy in his belly to increase his toughness. But in the fact you can't maintain more than 3 with full energy reduction unless it's will burn all energy too fast no matter you try to keep it up. And i'm not sure this is bug or not. If you take many enemy then use skil 2 to disslove it. but energy drain rate seem not reset base on enemy that left in belly. This cause massive energy drain even you have 1 or 2 enemy left in belly.

- Imo, it's must have neutral's base number of enemy that Grandel can consume that will not impact energy,  such as 3 to 5, then after that it's start to consume energy per sec. this will help grandel to maintain at least some base boost for all time else he lost his identical ability cuz it's not really real useful.

Please note that most of enemy that can keep in belly is not that hard to kill, so it's not really that matter you kill it or eat it for active ability. Imagine that you got 10 enemy around, most of them will wipe in no time. but if grandel eat it and consume it it's still there just cc and give some buff to grandel. so compare as it's cc ability that give some grandel self buff and got some dots to enemy overtime. As this method, it's show that this ability way too much consume energy for ability like this. it's like you use vauban's black hole. to cc enemy and dots on them. just vauban not get buff, but while enemy cc with blackhole it's stil aviable for attack to wipe them.

2.Skill 4 pulverise is far to weak and really no use on normal close map. It's very hard to control, it's really bother if you meet a stair or high ramp. it's damage is not worth to bother. So it's hard to believe as ultimate skill how weak is it.

First problem is how to control it . It got momentum so it's very hard to control it's around to hit enemy. it's like you try to play bowling to hit the pin that keep moving around you and more, it's got a lot of obstacle on your way. that is how trouble it's was right now.

Next, even it's can jumb, but too low for manage to move around map that got a lot of difference ground level. You can't even roll up a little stair with out jump up unless you make some momentum for a while. This movement may seem real and look fine on open map like PoE but in close space like normal map it's very trouble.

Last, it's damage make it not even worth to use. it's just... too weak,enemy but most of them just injure and knock-down. If you relay it to skill 1, enemy on your belly. it's too much energy drain for that. Combine all these make pulverise is useless.

- Imo, Way to save this skill,

1. it's need something to help on control. such like "Nitro charge" to change direction suddenly and boost roll's speed in the same time. To help on movement and help we advoid momentum problem in small area and help to jump up on high ground.

2.Add ability to pull enemy around small area to hit the meat ball while rolling . So we no need to increase size of ball to make it easier hit enemy,  this will make it no need too precious direction to hit enemy. And may give some AoE on impact like Gauss do that will make it's more useful.

3.Add damage buff, may add element base on energy in belly or tide it with weapon stat.

4.This an idea base on skill 1 adjust to have base number that grandel can keep without energy drain, So When we start this pulverise, it's give AoE that drain all enemy around to keep them in belly to match max base keep number, just if it's not yet match or more than that number. Enemy that not consume will just left around. so it's will make sure that this ability can work will full potential.

Edited by LumilSilvermoon
  • Like 1

I farmed solo and I must say that for the first time since I started playing this game that I had difficulty farming the new frame and I appreciate the difficulty. However I know that some people will definitely not enjoy these especially the solo players as it felt like it was meant to be done as a squad. It is very different from end game enemies that one shot its not that they are difficult to deal with they just one shot squishy frames which is why tank and nuke is king. With nullifiers blocking abilities its the same thing not difficult just annoying to deal with. A good change of pace. Me personally I think the mechanics in game are meant to make us feel very powerful as we wade through literal armies of enemies and difficulty should come from mission objectives not the enemies. Having missions strip away that power felt refreshing and i hope more difficult missions come out later.

I'm really enjoying the museum and lore bits of the frame and look forward to maybe seeing the older frames get an exhibit of their own and future installments. I have not encountered a lich yet so I can't speak to that. I like the parazon and additional mod options. I'm cooking my new cat so I'll get to try that soon.

The only issues I've found with Grendel are both with his first ability. I don't think there is much that can be done, but I do find people can kill the enemies I Feast before they reach my stomach. The other is probably a tricky one to solve, but the energy drain from storing enemies seems to build too quickly. I generally only hold 2 or 3 enemies cause any more seems to make the energy drain skyrocket. Unless there is some bug with the energy drain, my only thoughts on a solution would be a set number (like 2 or 3) of enemies are free of charge to store. Then any after that trigger the drain.

As it stands, the drain prevents me from benefiting from his passive or using his Pulverize. Both need lots of enemies to be used at their best, but that leaves me with little time to use them as I run out of energy. It even makes using his 3rd ability unappealing, as I don't really have bodies to spare shooting at enemies. I need the few I have for healing and buffing. I only use it to eject extra enemies I ate up by mistake.

Edited by LordDoom01

I forgot to mention the farm for Grendel. I was able to get each mission done in one run each but at least one thing needs to be changed; On my survival mission Stalker decided to show up... the guy is ABSURDLY tanky with no Tenno or mods at your disposal. Took us a long, LONG time of running around like headless chickens to finally vanquish him with damage. In the end two of my squad mates were so demoralized that they abandoned the mission so I had to finish it with a friend. I can’t imagine the hell that solo players have to go through to finish this. Please remove death squads from spawning in mission.

• Like 1

So, as I suspected, he falls short everywhere right now. Too energy heavy, too slow with the ball, too dependent on energy for tanking premise, and tbh, idea of forcing player to use 1st to actually use any other abilities is just mediocre at best. His 4 should be either synergized better to be actually useful in teams etc, or just remade into something else, because right now it is hot garbage considering that most of frames tend to deal with targets faster/more reliable/without clunky controls issues.

Reduce drain, switch from that silly idea of energy increase over time, which is really annoying on other frames as well, and introduce maybe a change to buff mechanics? Like, consume 3-4 to receive better buff etc.? This would be much more efficient and superior to actually just another energy hungry frame.

• Like 1