Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Grendel & Masseter Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Hi!

Grendel is a really nice Warframe, however one thing concerns me.

At level 1 it has 25 shields, and at level 30 it has 75 shields. The message here is clear that shields are not viable or meant to be developed on Grendel as much as its health or armour, and this is understandable.

However, are the shields really that necessary? I recommend to remove the current shields completely from Grendel and either add to his direct health pool or boost his armour. This is mostly based on the above reason that the shields don't impact this character as much, and also because whenever your shields go off the special effect happens on your screens which is supposed to inform the player that their Warframe's health is open to damage now.

So in short I suggest to remove the shields completely from Grendel like Inaros/Nidus (adding to his HP/armour values instead) & save its users from the "shields broken" flooding which happens constantly.

On 2019-10-31 at 8:39 PM, CerebrateJoe said:

In regards to how Grendel is acquired, what the hell?!  This is a common, non-prime regular everyday warframe.  I've got a stressful job and I come home looking forward to playing Warframe and having a good time, then you throw this at me?  I'll try to be constructive.

First and foremost THIS IS NOT FUN.  I want to really emphasis that.  I played tons of arbitration because I really enjoyed the challenge.  Part of why I find arbitration entertaining is because I find myself using tactics and thinking differently than when I play a survival against level 20 enemies.  You don't really need to worry about bringing one weapon for armor and one for flesh when you're dealing with those common opponents.  It really encouraged me to try new things and tweak my mods like crazy.  That brings me to point 2.

I like to use my stuff.  I've fully leveled my operator and arcwing gun for a reason.  I've collected rare mods I didn't really 'get' in case I find a neat use later on or I have an 'ah-ha!' moment and see something old, but in a brand-new way.  Taking away my stuff isn't 'raising the challenge' its telling me my investment didn't matter.  Its breaking my toys and telling me not to care.

I'm fine with challenge, but why do this for a common warframe?  It just feels like punishment.  I know you don't mean it that way.  I really hope you'll change this.

I wanted to update my post.  I've completed all three missions now and acquired Grendel.  I found a really good team that did an outstanding couple of rounds.  I'm still extremely critical of these missions.  I still do NOT think lack of mods promoted me to use different tactics.  It just made all the Warframes feel generic.  I guarantee you, the trinity on my team was the same as every other one in every other team.  Because of this lack of dynamic variety the player is really forced into a situation where there is a right answer.

The missions themselves are far too long.  I'd recommend dropping the survival to 10 minutes, the defense to 5 waves, and the excavation to 3 successes.  In these missions, if you survive the first minute or two, you'll be fine.  There's no need to drag them on so long after the players has shown their ability to persevere.

My final concern if for the people who come late.  I found a great team because the que is full of high-level players who survived tons of arbitrations.  What about in 6 months?  How are those players going to find a team?  I hated those missions.  I don't want to help them.

Grendel feels close to being on par with other frames but I feel like he falls short in a few ways, mainly his lack of scaling damage, lack of clarity for his nourish buffs, and how holding enemies in his stomach is not worth the energy drain.

While Grendel isn't really meant to be a damage dealing frame like Saryn or Mesa, regurgitate at this point feels less like a damage ability using enemies as ammo and more like a way to cycle through the enemies in his gut. While this functionality is pretty useful I think that the ability should be able to do some decent damage. Pulverize is in an even worst spot, being more of a gimmick that any decent way to deal with enemy crowds. I think the solution to both of these issues is somewhat obvious, let both of these abilities scale based on the level of the enemies used for the abilities, similar to how frames like Nyx, Octavia, and the newly reworked Vauban naturally get stronger as their enemies do since their abilities somehow use their enemy's stats to calculate damage (Nyx just uses an enemy, Octavia's mallet deals more damage the more damage it takes so more damaging enemies get more damage thrown back at them, Vauban's new 3 deals more damage the stronger the enemies it targets are). I believe that Regurgitate should take a percentage of the health of the enemy getting shot out and add it to it's currently existing base damage, while Pulverize can take a smaller percentage of all currently swallowed enemies' health and add it to its damage. Not only would this make regurgitate a decent fireball-type ability, especially if you use heavier enemies as ammunition, these buffs would also make it more worthwhile to eat a large amount of enemies before pulverizing, since the more enemies inside Grendel's gut the more enemies it has to scale off of. Maybe this scaling damage could be the corrosive or gas damage many people are suggesting be added to Pulverize could be this scaling damage, while the base damage is impact.

For Nourish, the fix is much simpler, I believe it's main issue is just one of clarity and convenience. Adding a UI element that is easier to see (The ability icon changing is nice, but it is small and gets covered by the duration timer) to indicate the buff nourish will give could make the ability a whole lot easier to manage on its own. However, along with that new UI, a possible change could be to add a "tap to change hold to cast" system like Ivara or Wisp. The UI could show all 3 buffs (maybe even colour-code them) along with a number indicating how many enemies of that buff are currently stored in the gut, maybe even fade out the buffs that have no fuel and let you chose the buff by tapping 2 and cast it by holding it. Though to be honest that system may make things more clunky so just the UI without the functionality might be best.

For passive, I think it should give more than just armor, since it's technically a channeled ability and those tend to be extremely powerful to make up for the disabling of most sources of energy regeneration (Exalted weapons, Equinox's 3 and 4, Hildryn's 4, etc). The armor bonus should stay, but I think (re)adding an immunity to knockdowns (or maybe even all statuses?) as well as maybe a small health regen (aura) per enemy as well as perhaps a lowering of the drain overall. The immunity to knockdowns (and maybe all statuses) idea mainly came from the fact that Grind Hard Squad's video on Grendel mentioned it but it doesn't seem to be a part of the passive (I think it's bugged and I already mentioned it in the bug report forum), while the health regen idea comes from the fact that many others have said that the health recovery from Nourish is too low, so instead of just increasing that this passive regen could help supplement his recovery. The regen and CC immunity would make him similar to Oberon, which makes sense since both seem to fill to role of a support-tank hybrid type frame, and if his regen was an aura, similar to Chroma's buffs, it would play even more into Grendel's supportive nature, but just the regen itself (per enemy of course) as well as the CC immunity and the pre-existing armour would make it much more worthwhile to hold onto enemies for longer. If the idea of the health regen aura is too similar to Oberon (tho I think it's somewhat unique, allies only need to be near Oberon when he casts renewal to get it's healing while my proposed Gluttony healing would only apply when allies are close, like a mobile Garuda blood fountain), then a simple cut to the cost along with the CC immunity and the armor would work well. 

(If the CC immunity was moved to the Masseter heavy attack passive then it should move back to Grendel and the Masseter should have a different passive with Grendel, like maybe let it make enemies drop health and energy orbs like the Broken staff, but only on heavy attacks)

TL;DR I believe Regurgitate and Pulverize should scale off of enemy HP, Nourish needs a UI element and maybe a way to switch the queued up buff, and Gluttony should have CC immunity and they should either also give it a small health regen (maybe an aura for very close team mates) or reduce its energy drain

On 2019-10-31 at 9:58 PM, TKDancer said:

my issues with grendel are:

-> the armor removal over time value is too low at base, considering the energy cost to feast on multiple enemies, the time it takes to fully armor stripe should be way shorter considering we have frames that can provide widespread armor stripping instantly, base of 10% seems like a much better value

->  pulverize controls seem to be really wonky, being a katamari ball is fun, but i wish the controls were tighter

-> the toxic dmg on some of his abilities should instead be corrosive, i mean its his belly, shouldnt it be corrosive stomach acid instead of toxins? add in some decent status chance and he has a decent source of corrosive procs via skills to deal with non-eatable enemies

actually, the energy cost for feast should really be reduced by a lot, even if it meant a reduction to the amount of armor each enemy gave grendel, even with high efficiency/duration, the drain is bonkers with 4 or more enemies, and since hes such a STR hungry frame, getting high str and good drain efficiency aint gonna be easy

this is specially annoying when one wants to do pulverize vs enemies without armor as they die very fast at low-medium levels inside his belly

i'm also starting to be of the opinion that grendels regurgitate should just do True damage with bonus elemental damage(this being either toxic or corrosive if yall ever decide to change it i guess) with a guaranteed corrosive proc

and finally, the fact that pulverize only HITS enemies who are up is really annoying as it means u often knock enemies down and they sort of stuck on the floor or take their sweet time getting up, so even if u stand on top of them or jump on them they only take the dmg from the ball's toxic aura until u move away and hit them again, i cant for example knock someone down and constantly stomp them with the ball for full dmg

To be honest I really, really like Grendel, but he just sort of falls short when it comes to other frames with his flaws nearly outright crippling him at times.

One of Feast's main uses as a way to stack up armor for his passive is incredibly risky as having more than 3-4 enemies eaten gives an absurdly massive drain in Energy (even with a lot of Efficiency to combat it), and thus leaves him feeling a little squishy in high level play when combined with his incredibly low shields.

Nourish is just a weird and unfinished ability - mechanically it works as it should, but its just so awkward trying to mess around with it. Not only do you have to eat specific enemies for specific buffs but you also have to contend with an unimplemented UI for cycling through which buff you want to choose - something else you have to keep track of on top of everything else.

Regurgitate just feels weak at higher levels, keeping it basically as that one ability people don't use that often because it does so little for the player. Practically the only reason to use this ability is to get rid of some of Grendel's internal baggage to combat their Energy Drain.

Pulverize is fun but is lacking in the damage department, especially at higher levels where it could take two or three rolls to kill the tougher enemies which leaves you awkwardly bouncing and slowly rolling.

This is feedback on Grendel only since I don't have Masseter.

All of his abilities work fine except for Nourish.  It's takes too much effort to keep his buffs running.  A change I would personally like to see is have the toggle between mobs swallowed for Nourish removed and instead it's just a single button press having the buffs applied depending on mobs currently swallowed.  (Example:  If you have just a ranged unit eaten, you just get nourished energy.  If you have a ranged, melee, and heavy unit swallowed, you get all 3 buffs).  I'd also settle for just having the base duration increased. While I think regurgitate is fine as is, I would also like to see an alt fire of it where holding down the button would fire all currently swallowed enemies, similar to a shotgun.

The only other problem I notice is every Syandana clips through him and looks awful because he's so thick.

Edited by Vulpei

Grendel's passive feels like it should be a part of Feast: the only way to utilize it is to use his first ability. Ergo, it's less of a passive and more of an addendum to Feast.

Perhaps to capitalize on his gluttony, and to help with the energy drain from Feast, a passive that involves him gaining more energy from energy orbs? For a true connoisseur can fully appreciate a good meal.

Thank you DE I love the Grendal missions, it harkens back to old school setups with Defensive frames, CC frames, Utility frames and Damage dealing frames... Everyone running with a brain dead damage is king team setup will have a real hard time, but the old school team setups breeze through the Grendal missions... I haven't had this much of fun in a long time

18 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

Thank you DE I love the Grendal missions, it harkens back to old school setups with Defensive frames, CC frames, Utility frames and Damage dealing frames... Everyone running with a brain dead damage is king team setup will have a real hard time, but the old school team setups breeze through the Grendal missions... I haven't had this much of fun in a long time

even back then we had mods so.... it shows how powercreep has gotten out of hand? if they cant manage to make things difficult without removing mods then they have more work on their hands.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

10 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

even back then we had mods so.... it shows how powercreep has gotten out of hand? if they cant manage to make things difficult without removing mods then they have more work on their hands.

yeah we had mods back then, so what.. DE gives people choice and with this choice everyone takes damage... now DE has forced you to build a proper team instead of Damage is king that everyone is running with today... if it wasn't for powercreep DE would have lost a large part of Newish player base, since thats all that keeps people interested these days.. if the weapon is as strong or stronger than the last weapon then its MR trash... don't be angry that DE forced people to think for once.

12 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

yeah we had mods back then, so what.. DE gives people choice and with this choice everyone takes damage... now DE has forced you to build a proper team instead of Damage is king that everyone is running with today... if it wasn't for powercreep DE would have lost a large part of Newish player base, since thats all that keeps people interested these days.. if the weapon is as strong or stronger than the last weapon then its MR trash... don't be angry that DE forced people to think for once.

they arent forcing people to think. all they did was remove mods. also they are the ones saying they wanted to move away from CC and put a quest chain that requires CC? why do you decide now that DE has done good with this when you could have done this yourself anytime you log in? sounds hypocritical to me.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

they arent forcing people to think. all they did was remove mods. also they are the ones saying they wanted to move away from CC and put a quest chain that requires CC? why do you decide now that DE has done good with this when you could have done this yourself anytime you log in? sounds hypocritical to me.

yes DE forced you to think.. everyone running with Damage is king frames has a really hard time with these missions, but with a proper team composition, the damage dealer now actually has breathing space to do damage instead of everyone lying on the ground the whole time

11 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

yes DE forced you to think.. everyone running with Damage is king frames has a really hard time with these missions, but with a proper team composition, the damage dealer now actually has breathing space to do damage instead of everyone lying on the ground the whole time

i dont disagree that we should think about team composition, but we had good team comp back in the day too with mods. no mods is not the way to go. its avoidance.

The Grendel missions NEED to change. They are unfun, unfair (especially for solo players, and this mission has no matchmaking, so it HAS to be designed arround soloing it) and give the feeling of nothing I EARNED in 2500k+ hours of WF having any worth. Every minute this missions stay they way they are is a permanent stain on the designers record, for no one should ever be this disconnected from the community. There where promises of challenge. What we received was artificial difficulty with 0 imagination backing it up, slapping us in the face for ever farming anything at all. I am very much discouraged from buying platinum in the foreseeable future if such investments support similar design decisions. 

I'm really enjoying Grendel, his enemy-fuelled third and fourth ability give him an unique self-feeding energy economy like Nidus and Hildryn which earns him a special little spot in my Efficiency-abusive heart (That is, the part where I don't feel forced to use Efficiency.)

However, there's a few minor tweaks I'd like to see to give him more Quality of Life.

1. Add an indicator or wheel for the buffs available and buff selected for Nourish. The icons are hard to discern under duration counters.
  2. Regurgitate could use a counter for when enemies in Grendel's stomach trigger the extra energy drain so you can choose to expel them. I think I heard a minor noise when this happens, but I'm not sure.
  3. Pulverize's speed is very fun going off-hill, but uphill movement and accelerating in tight corridors makes it more prudent to suffer the (long) uncast and recast animations rather than awkwardly wiggling about to speed up again.
  4. Doing Hijack missions with Grendel is an absolute nightmare with his paltry 50 shields. Maybe he should power the Core/Transport with his Health like Inaros and Nidus do.

So far Grendels kit feels much too clunky for little payoff. You spend more time juggling than actually getting things done from my experience.

Feast's energy drain scaling (when holding just one or two enemies) is much too ridiculous, and honestly shouldn't be a thing in the first place.

Nourish has the issue of being unable to reasonably keep track of buff order with no UI indication, and it's hard to tell which ones are currently active. It's near impossible to keep track of which order you ate things in when enemies die super quickly in the gut, and when you're on the move, and/or when you eat a lot of enemies at the same time. The buffs should either be on a scroll selection like Wisp's 1 and/or sequenced 1-2-3 and remove the enemy type condition. 

I haven't used Regurgitate all that much so I can't comment on it. For now it doesn't feel too special.

Pulverize is fun, albeit a little clunky to control (but that's part of the charm I think), but it's a bummer that you can't use it unless you eat something and when you do eat something it sometimes dies super fast (and especially when jumping and rolling around) so you're barely able to use the ult. I saw someone suggest that maybe ult dmg should be stored and dealt when the enemies get regurgitated, and I'd agree w that.

Edited by CephKaron
  • Like 1

My thoughts on Grendel

Passive: Feasted enemies should take a portion of the damage received by Grendel and not just a 50 armor buff per enemy.

Regurgitate: 3m is really small should be 10m at least and also would be better if it was a corrosive element than toxin. Covers the target with corrosive bile and explodes coating everything in the area with DOT corrosive effect.

Pulverize: enabled to use a charging roll attack (kinda like sonic spinning in place) while in this form (consume 1 feasted enemy).

Edited by KenthNisshoku

On 2019-10-31 at 5:51 PM, Zalanore said:

Not giving you mods / operator / gear isn't a "creative" way you farm Grendel. It is however:
A) Not what we were promised (I was really looking forward to a good puzzle)

At what point did DE ever say it would be a puzzle? I watched the pre-release prime time the week prior and both Rebecca and Megan said the missions would have, essentially, modifiers and gave a hint that power would be reduced. When were puzzles ever eluded to?

On 2019-11-01 at 10:14 AM, Mardomus said:

Whew. Here we go, again; 

Passive: needs a buff.

Feast: over time energy drain needs to go. This doesn't show on the tool tip how much the energy drain is multiplied per second. This defeats the purpose of his Passive. Also, shouldn't he get some type of HP regen while the mobs are inside?

Nourish: is decent, but I rather have all 3 buffs active on one chew. The health received should be increased, and he should be able to one shot mobs inside to consume buffs/health/Regen (If possible), and a new buff should be added for Health Regeneration.

Regurgitate: damage is very weak, and it didn't do a good AoE splash as presented on the video, unless its bugged.

Pulverize: damage to enemies 40+ is weak unmodded. I'm not a fan of the knock back impact and I don't think this ability scales, does it? I don't like the fact that when I hit a mob rolling, I get knock back as well. I found this quite annoying, especially considering its controlling nature. 

Suggested Changes

Passive:

His Passive isn't really a passive when you're already lacking energy sufficiency overtime with just 1 mob inside (50 Armor). How would gaining armor help if two or more mobs inside are burning through his energy overtime exposing him to no energy, becoming very squishy, and unable to use the rest of his kit effectively. Nourished Energy doesn't even work well, even with Rage or Hunter Adrenaline added. To add off, you still have to find said mob in order to even gain the Nourished Energy buff. To help maximize his passive, I suggest a stacking armor buff (50 per stack) from 1-10 or 1-15 for "an" enemy (doesn't increase with more enemies) inside and as long as that enemy or as long as an enemy is inside his belly the buff remains and has a 15 second timer when no enemy is left, and refreshes if you feast while there is still time left. Also, upon different types of enemies consumed, Grendel gains a Food buff that allows him to modify consumed enemies to that specific weakened type of status; For Example Viral for Infested, Corrosive for shields, Magnetic, etc. This will allow Grendel to be versatile to all types of mobs.

Feast:

Feast at the moment is HIGHLY broken making Grendel limited to kit usage, because of the overtime energy drain from a mob(s) inside his belly for "x" amount of time or "x" amount of mobs stored. I suggest taking away the punishing energy drain and have the ability drain energy by default of 1.5 with any amount of mobs inside his belly (fixed with Efficiency down to the lowest .38 energy per second) and not have "x" amount of mobs or time effect that/the drain. I leave one Mob in my belly for keep sake and it takes me down to zero with a .38 Drain/Second. That's ridiculous. This makes his gameplay more punishing then enjoyable. For example: I go into a mission and only grab one mob, since the energy drain overtime is viscous, and consume that mobs' buff. I'm unwilling to search for a range or melee, because most waves have more ranged than melee, also depends on the mission type, therefore, it limits which buffs I can use for that current situation. After receiving that buff I would grab another mob and keep it inside, because, as I wrote above, more mobs are punishing. I would have to choose to use it to refresh a random or said Nourish buff, or choose out of the two lacking damage abilities to help clear mobs. 

Nourish:

The current design of Nourish is punishing. To find an enemy that works around the consumed buff limits Grendels' Nourish ability and its potential. I suggest when he consumes an enemy (1 shot 1 kill)  all buffs become active. The search bar is too small to find and swap to a certain buff, and, as I wrote above, trying to find said enemy for a specific buff is punishing, so it makes it less frustrating and more rewarding when all buffs can be activated on a single consumption. It drains less energy and gives wiggle room for other stored mobs to be used with other abilities within his kit. I also suggest to increase the effects of Nourished Energy and add another buff. Before I get into that buff, I would suggest taking away his 75 shield and convert that into more Health and add 100 to 150 more energy. The other buff should be Nourished Flesh and this should be a heal regeneration buff at a "x" % of Ability Strength (Similar to Wisp Regeneration Healing). For example: Grendel gains 40 Health per Second (Default or can be changed) for the consumed flesh for the default duration of 25 seconds. This will fix his Health problems (Nidus and Inaros have interesting healing abilities, especially Nidus Regeneration, for tanks that have no shields, or barely no shield in Grendel's case). Also, when an enemy is consumed, Grendel still gets healed, though that healing buff should be doubled. Upon consumption, he also gains a 3 staking health pool of 180% health (630 health) for the duration of nourish and this can be refreshed when a new enemy is consumed and cleared when the duration ends; this can be known as feasting. This will fix the cycling problem of Nourish buffs, add more healing into his kit, and rewards players with buffs rather then searching for them from said mob limiting his kit.

Regurgitate:

This ability is very weak and lacks a lot on the damage side, even with the damage buff from Nourish. I suggest a damage increase (scaling on amount of mobs effected by the AoE or how many stored within his body and throwing 3 at once increase the damage/status), and enemies thrown out of Grendels' body be covered in corrosive or  gas; I wrote this above when talking about his Passive to certain enemy weakened status upon consumption. Upon ground contact a corrosive or gas patch is left on the ground, and/or if it hits an enemy a cloud of said status will deal damage in that area, and last for 4 -8 seconds.

Pulverize:

This ability also lacks damage. I suggest taking away the knock back and impact, instead, have mobs get stuck onto Pulverize dealing gas and/or corrosive damage (I wrote this above when talking about his Passive to certain enemy weakened status upon consumption), scaling per second from rolling or time stuck on Pulverize. Also, allies are able to hit/shoot enemies stuck on Pulverize. When hitting a wall or slamming a ground, Pulverize should add some type of status damage based on that consumed enemy type on that area impacted area. When he exits rolling phase, there should be a large cloud of gas, corrosive, etc. status damage around him for 4-8 seconds. I believe this would fix the annoying knock back issue when hitting an enemy(s) and knocking them back chasing after them and adding some scaling status damage beside impact and knock back. 

Conclusion:

To me, it feels like he is lacking on the energy side. My thought of playing this Frame was to capture enemies, use their bodies as a buff and source of survival and damage, instead, its very energy consuming over time, lacks damage, healing is too low, and capture said mob to get said buffs has him run around to find said mobs just to get said buff leaves him useless when needing said buff for certain occasions. As of right now, I'd give him a 3.5/10. He's still in Beta Access.

Hello, I fixed my post on Grendel and will continue there to update if need be. Let me know what you think of the new ideas I wrote. Thanks!

Edited by Mardomus
  • Like 1

Just a feedback about Regurgitate, I would like something like a guaranteed impact/explosive proc on enemies hit directly or in a small radius of a regurgitated enemy, based on the "weight" of the regurgitated enemy (impact if it's a Charger, explosive if it's a Nox for example).

As it is now, Regurgitate fails to give a feedback on enemies hit. They lose some health, but don't seem bothered at all about getting a half dissolved friend thrown forcefully at them.

Edited by Zrima

About Pulverize. Enjoying the fact that it deals damage based on Strength and enemy levels, so for a "0 energy cost" 4th ability it's dishing out decent damage and some crowd control.

However, I feel that it could use more synergy rather than just dependency with other abilities. During Pulverize, all of Grendel's other powers are locked, he can't use his weapons, and his movement controls become somewhat unwieldy. I mean, yes, he has the durability to survive struggling to turn a corner as a rolling ball. But at the cost of quite a few of his options.

Please allow Grendel to use his other powers during Pulverize. For example, tap Feast to devour enemies coming into his aura, hold to vomit and unfurl his ball form. He can cycle select his Nourish buffs and activate it too, hopping up and doing a ground slam (like Garuda's Bloodletting). Regurgitate to launch an enemy out, so you can roll over him on the way dealing even more damage.

Add flexibility rather than take away options. Undertow is a good example of an "exalted" form done right, with Hydroid able to keep his other abilities in use. We're spending energy keeping enemies inside Grendel's stomach, so spending more of it to cast his other powers is a fun tradeoff for more options.

While I enjoyed the Grendel mission, and i Enjoy the kit he has, after a few formas (including two umbras) i'm having a lot of fun with grendel. I enjoy his existing shield, allowing him to gain overshield, even though his limited base amount is a problem in hijacks...

The biggest problems I have with grendel are :

-The increasing energy cost per enemies in the gut. Give it a softer cap.
-The buff selection. Make it so pressing the key once will give all buff if the right enemies are in his belly, and voila !

• Like 2

So after 2 Forma and endless trying to get his kit to work I'll write my feedback to Grendel.

The struggle is real manageing enemies in the belly, keep buffs alive (and get the right buffs), get energie for abilitys and survive. You often can't keep all this up and find yourself with no health (so no Hunter Adrenalin energie) no energie in a corner.

To sum it up short Grendel has massive energy problems, abilitys aren't worth using and I find myself constantly ending up in dead ends with his abilitys.

First the Problems:

1. Feast: Costs to much energie. Even after I got the energie drain down to 0.58 energie/s, I find myself out of energie after a few seconds after eating a few enemies and even worse if a Leech or Energy Drain eximus lurks somewhere (results in instant no energie).

2. Nourish: Costs to much energie, the RNG is bad, the buffs are too weak and the health gain does absolutley nothing. Because you cant keep enemies in your belly you always have to use Feast first which needs extra energie, then you never get the buff you need, I always find myself in situations where i am low on health and desparatly need the armor buff to get the energie buff 5 times in row chiping away at my energy (the energie buff doens't help because its to weak) and the health gain is also too weak, you run out of energie before you can effectivly heal yourself.

3. Regurgitate: Almost never see a use for it, because its damage is too weak and I don't really want to loose enemies in my belly (for armor and buff purposes).

4. Pulverice: is to weak, its cool to be a ball and roll around but the damage radius is too small and the damage is to low. Also you can't really use it for long because either you run out of energie or you use up all the enemies in your belly and its really difficult to build momentum, most of the time i try to get rolling and then it ends.

Solutions:

1. Feast: Let us keep some enemies in our belly without energie cost. For example let us keep 5 enemies without drain and after 5 let the drain beginn. with that we would have reserves to use the other Abilities and keep a little armor for defense.

2. Nourish: Let us choose which buff we want, by holding the key down change the active buff or if we already have a buff let us only get the other till we have all three and then refresh the one with the least amount of time left.

3. Regurgitate: Honestly you could cobine it with feast where he shoots all of the enemies in his belly on holding the abilitie button and give him a more interessting ability here.

4. Pulverice: needs a hefty damage buff, also i would like a kind of boots so you could keep rolling, for example Hamilton from overwatch has a similar ability but he can build momentum with his grappling hook.

In addition Grendels Passive should heal him every time he consumes an enemy in his belly.

I want to like to play Grendel but its very difficult, managing all the differnt factors and min maxing it all so its somewhat viable.