Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Grendel & Masseter Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Feast: the energy drain ramps up over time even when no other enemies are eaten (bug?) and even on normal conditions it's a bit hard to maintain when you guzzled 5-6 enemies or more. Please consider toning it down a little.

Nourish: how does the healing work exactly? It's not 50 health and it's also not 50%. Also please make the buff icons cycle like Ivara's arrows to be seen better.

Regurgitate: feels very underwhelming to be honest, even with the damage scaling. I think either a stronger damage buff (added multiplier every 10 levels instead of 25) or some cool extra effect (area armor strip/viral proc) could make it scale much better.

Meatball: 👍

• Like 1

i'd make some detailed notes on grendel but i'm not sure if it's really worth it at this point

instead i'll just state that optimal grendel gameplay seems to be to build for max range, inhale every enemy on the map from an elevated position, then dive into a pit

E: I will say that Nourish desperately needs some kind of QoL because I do not currently know what is going on in Grendel's stomach and have no idea what buff will come out when I press 2

Edited by MrFrog9

(making this a separate post because it's actually pretty bad)

Enemies disposed of into a pit don't give affinity. As such, It's very possible to grief with Grendel on Hydron by inhaling every enemy on the map then jumping into the pit to screw your teammates out of Affinity. This needs to be addressed in some way.

Ok, after playing around with Grendel and testing builds, I finally got to a build I'm used to.

My feedback is more about problems with his kit than a matter of buff/nerf. In terms of balance, I think Grendel is in a good spot. Well done.

• His energy management is pretty weird. I have to run 170% efficiency in order to make use of his whole kit without end up with 0 energy, even with Arcane Energize. His Feast not only stops regeneration, but drains a lot of energy if you get more than 2 targets. I don't know what do do about this. I guess maintaining the energy buff from Nourish full time may be the way to counter this.
  • His buffs' durations from Nourish are too low. Maintaining the buffs are really hard to do, since you have to keep your belly full (see the problem above) and waste energy. Not to mention you don't always get as many buffs as you can from the enemies in your belly, so you end up recasting until you do. My suggestion is to simply increase the buffs' duration.
  • Pulverize is kinda wonky to turn, even in large spaces. Making it bounce and/or increasing the turning speed a little might solve this. This is a minor issue.

I need an indicator for the Nourish as well. A "belly contents" UI at the bottom right of the screen would be nice. We could have some nice stuff to be shown such as:

• Current selected buff. It's almost impossible to notice the difference from the UI with a number over it.
  • Available buffs (highlighted, grayed out if not available).

That's all for Grendel. As always, thanks DE for this. 🙂

Edited by Lakyus

Grendels first ability seems bugged for me. It shows in the description it has 25m range. In my case its only 11 meter against enemies, and when i equip stretch on Grendel it shrinks to 8 meter against enemies, but to 38 meter in the description.

EDIT: ok after i removed fleeting expertise the range worked normally, after putting it back in still normal. Something is odd here.

Edited by Zenaris1337

After playing Grendel for a few days, I have some balance tweak suggestions. In my tier list Grendel ranks at a C; he is tanky and has mediocre CC and healing, but has low DPS, and is slow and clunky. I find Grendel's 4th to be rather underwhelming (IMO not even worth activating) compared to just using your melee there is little to no incentive to use it. I think the range of the ground slam range and damage needs buffed and as a weight based frame why not give him an attraction pulse on crouch press to pull enemies toward you (possibly in a syndicate mod) so you can run them over like magus anomaly.

His 2nd is nice but not nice quite there. all the buffs are low and short compared to other buff frames, so why not make 1 cast activate all 4 buffs? or even 2 casts and heavy units activate one set while fodder does the other? anyway with that short duration and smaller buff it should need less casts IMO. 

now some other thoughts while not as important as buffing his 4th or 2nd I think his flow could use some work. If his 3rd was moved to a tap press of his 1st (1st being long press now) then the available space could be used for some mediocre persistent area CC like hollowed ground or thermal sunder (maybe Bile or Flatulence) to solidify his strength in CC and bring him closer to similar CC tank frames like frost. don't mind this part to much as I'm just popping ideas

lastly a possible syndicate mod for his 1st/3rd that turns regurgitated baddies into allies for a duration (for more minor CC). 

Edited by Wanderwhys

First and foremost,  Grendel's missions are by far the worse iteration of introducing more difficult content to warframe.  Let me rephrase that: worse-irritating mission. I am so glad i will NEVER play it again.  (will end up buying Grendel)
Ok venting done. Now my suggestion.
- Keep the mission types.
- Keep or lessen the mission durations.
- Keep the 'no-mod challenge.'
- BUT ADDRESS ENEMY SCALING as whole.  Or let us fight more balance-scaled enemies.  Preferably enemy levels between 15-30.  Simply because the enemy scaling jump between lv 30 to 40 imo is a bit too steep (for base stat weapons and frames):

Spoiler

unknown.png

Generally speaking about scaling, the enemy scaling between 5 - 30 appears normal and expected. Between 25 - 30 is when you first notice that slight ramp up of scaling in the game. And between 30-40 is when it's more noticeable.  Going further between 40 - 70 is when you feel it again but still somewhat gradual. But around 80 and beyond (200's -400's) it starts to scale exponentially faster to the point were you can feel that all the way to your bone...it hurts so bad.  

On a 'challenge aspect', All-in-all, Im just disappointed and abit irritated that i put in all this time and effort to become a 'god' (builds) ONLY to be challenged by not using them.  
So before, I had to wait in long endless missions to finally be challenged.  Now i have to unequip all my mods for that new player experience challenge. 
- Although i will say the lv 5 Kuva Liches bringing tougher enemies was a fantastic implementation. that gets a 👍 

Edited by -Edrick-

Gotta say, I need to give props to Scott, Grendel has become one of my favorite frames.

I do have some feedback however.

Feast: undoubtedly the bread and butter to grendal’s kit. This power gives Grendel some massive control over enemies. With its range he can easily swallow a room full of enemies, strip them of their amor and spew them into a corner to finish them off in one one big swoop. This ability is tons of fun. I do admit it’s a bit higher on the energy drain than I would like. I get why it’s there. Grendel would be absurdly broken if he could swallow an entire map’s worth of enemies without a penalty. But the rest of his kit is locked off if he doesn’t have anything in his gut. It would be nice if he could at least hold onto a few enemies without the drain being too high. Either if each enemy had a lower drain cost than 1.5 (unmodded) or if instead the drain increased with every 3 enemies or so instead of each one in grendal’s gut, it would make Feast a bit more manageable. (Edit: I have seen people mention something about the drain getting worse over time. I haven’t really noticed it myself since my play style consists of consuming as many enemies on screen as possible and disposing of them quickly. But if it’s true, that additional drain needs to go.)

Nourish: Honestly some good buffs. I can’t complain about the buffs themselves. The duration does feel a little short, but by far the biggest problem is the ability’s UI. It took time for me to understand what was going on, how it worked, which buff was which, and many players still think the buffs are RNG based. Could definitely use some pablo UI magic.

Regurgitate: I gotta agree with everyone here, this is grendal’s weakest ability. Even with its free energy cost, it’s a little underwhelming. If the aoe was larger that could help it a little. But if it could be little more potent by creating a toxic cloud or viral explosion or something, i would definitely use it for its intended purpose as a damage dealing projectile instead of shooting annoying enemies out of bounds into the void.

Meatball (yes, I’m always going to call it meatball): super fun, pretty good damage, not very practical though. The maps are clearly not designed for grendal to roll around in. It does have potential though. It could definitely use tighter controls, and respond more quickly when wanting to change directions. Meatball could also use more weight when rolling (not when jumping, jumping is fine), enemies shouldn’t be able to push you around. Meatball tends to bounce off of enemies that don’t die outright from impact. You quickly lose control and pinball around when surrounded by enemies that don’t die as quickly. If grendal had more control when steam rolling over enemies or knocking them around without it changing his intended course, it would take out most of the frustration. The rest of the frustration being issues with clipping into the map and unable to turn off meatball when doing so.

the last few frames have been among my top favorites In design (concept wise, visually, and ability wise). And feedback improvements have been a key part of that. If all goes well, grendal will likely end up being my number 1. Keep up the good work DE!

Edited by Shadedraxe

Much has already been said about the numbers on Grendel's 2 and 3, which to me feel like his two abilities that need the most help (as far as numbers go). When playing Grendel the one big part of his kit that feels missing is some form of knockdown immunity. For such a big, stout boy he sure falls over quite a bit. Possibly adding an aspect of knockdown immunity to one of his Nourish buffs could help. Maybe even have it apply to all of his Nourish buffs.

Edited by DrBorris

Grendel Missions:

Spoiler

As always, I equipped my best gear and set Squad to Solo for new content.

First thing I noticed was the "Mods are disabled" description,

I was like: Bring it on, I don't play hardcore mode on every single game for no reason.

I don't remember feeling so cheated and frustrated except for Exploiter Orb's boss fight introduction.

Since I always take on new content alone and skip any help or tip that doesn't come from the game itself, I had a really hard time trying to figure out how to stop the thing from cooling down.

In the end my stubbornness kept me from looking for help or just buying Hildryn straight up, same thing happened with Grendel.

Top 3 things that lit the fire:

1.) Stalker, Suda and Hexis spawning. They decided this was the opportunity of their lives, Stalker manned up and destroyed me 3 times single-handedly.

2.) The fact that Stances do not work is #1 Worst part of the whole No Mod thing, Can't rely on normal melee attacks since basic combo screams "KILL ME! I'M STANDING RIGHT HERE".

3.) Level 40 mobs take no damage from Unmodded Primary/Secondary and if they do the weapon runs out of ammo.

Fortunately the new Melee Heavy Attack was able to deal a bit of damage. Venka and Destreza's guaranteed Slash proc helped a lot.

At the end of the day, I like me a good challenge and I don't regret anything about this experience.

Edit: Oh, did I mention the 2 Bursas that spawn at the last wave of the Defense mission? And you know... Bursas have some nasty attack which can oneshot squishy Warframes like the Isolator's Detron shotgun, bouncing lightning and the Drover's proximity mines. I was on my last life there and since those 2 were pretty much unkillable because of obvious reasons I had to activate rat mode and take them over with Revenant's Enthrall so the wave counted as Cleared. That was a close one, as someone might say.

Grendel:

1.) Feast

Spoiler

I don't like the energy ramp up, If it REALLY needs to be a there, then I wish it took effect when you go over 3-5 enemies or something like that. This way you can more easily manage your energy with only a small group of enemies.

You can shred the armor of selected enemies and keep some armor for yourself without the added penalty,

What has been happening to me since I'm still testing out Melee weapons is that I don't spit out the last enemies because I get distracted and end up losing lots of energy if not all of it.

2.) Nourish

Spoiler

For some reason, Saryn's Molt comes to my mind when I think of this ability.

I wish the animation was as simple as Saryn's Molt: No movement interruption, insta-cast, less delay after each cast, etc. Since Nourish deals more damage than Regurgitate but costs energy, Whenever I have extra energy I try to spam Nourish to get rid of enemies and reduce the energy drain instead of using Regurgitate.

3.) Regurgitate

Spoiler

Holding down the key should quickly spit out enemies one after the other, so you can save as much energy as possible by getting rid of the enemies faster.

If the animation was upper torso only, similar to Chroma's Spectral Scream animation in which he can still walk and jump, that would be fantastic.

It could also use a little bit more utility since damage is a bit low, it would be really good if it had something like depending on how much time the enemy spent inside Grendel's stomach they accumulated X amount of armor reduction and when they are shot out and hit other enemies these are also affected by the armor reduction, This could help against enemies that are not affected by Feast like the Juggernaut for example.

4.) Pulverize

Spoiler

-Moving around should be easier, it takes a while to get going and you don't have much time because of the energy ramp up and 10 enemies in Grendel's gut.

-It should easily go over small obstacles like cables and stuff because right now you actually need to jump to get over the smallest of obstacles dealing damage and potentially killing the last enemies inside Grendel's stomach.

-You should be able to hold down Feast while on Pulverize to cancel both Feast and Pulverize at the same time so you can save your energy and avoid getting stunned because you ran out of energy.

-Since Pulverize consumes enemies in Grendel's stomach like Nourish does, I think Pulverize should provide some healing, too.

Or if it was possible to cast Nourish while on Pulverize that would be helpful as well.

-Grendel should be knockback immune while Pulverize is active, I keep getting knocked off the map and dropping my food!

The fact that all of Grendel's abilities deal Toxin damage feel a little bit weak against Grineer, and more against infested, well at least for me.

I have to admit, I didn't actually expect this Warframe to be so fun, I would love to see some QoL improvements made to him very soon.

*Sigh* This may even end up being one of my top Warframes in which case I guess you can say that Grendel is gonna make me eat my own words >_>

Awesome work!!

Sorry for dem misspellings and bad english!

Edited by 0meg4x
  • Like 1

1 ability: like a lot of people already said, the energy drain is too high and sometimes, you can't eat the enemieseven if they are in front of you and there is nothing that is blocking your view,and you have to spam the ability, this is the most annoying thing about him right now(for me).

2 ability: knowing what buff you're getting and how, it' s a bit m,essed up

3 ability: to me it's fine, but QoL changes are always welcome

4 ability: the fact that you must have atleast 1 enemy in your guts to activate it, is a bit annoying, in low level missions, the enemy/enemies get killed really fast and you can't really enjoy using that ability, the controls are a bit rough and cluncky.

Grendel - I won't comment on the missions (they need changing though imo) and I'll try and ignore how 'immature' the whole concept is for this but honestly this feels like a school kid came up with the ideas outside of the passive and first two abilities.

Passive - wouldn't be a bad passive if it wasn't for the issue with his first ability....

Feast - seems too energy hungry for what it is, seems to take energy even if I don't feast on something.  In all honesty this happens a fair bit too because of it using (I assume) line of sight and well that sucks in the game.... I can have a clear 'visual' on the enemy yet it won't suck it up due to their being a knee height metal pipe fence in the way for example.  Can we maybe get some sort of 'punch through' so it doesn't ignore enemies on the other side of a fence.    Would also like some sort of visual representing where I can actually suck the enemy in from and maybe a slight increase in the range as it feels a little short, yes I know it has a radius but I have no idea how big that is in a map...

It's animation also breaks every single bit of flow you have when playing the game... and again when it throws them up again (low energy or dead) without any warning...

Annoying that it doesn't work on syndicate squads and while I understand why I really wanted to gobble up the phorid...

Nourish - Imo could do with a slightly bigger base range and maybe some base level buffs.  Again it completely breaks every single bit of flow we have due to the animation stopping us in our tracks. Would also prefer it to just be one buff rather than buffs depending on class of enemy, we keep telling you it doesn't work on titania so no idea why it's been reused here. 

Regurgitate - woo I get to shoot out an enemy, this seems so immature to me (not even going to go near bulimia, which was brought up in another thread before release).  In reality the idea isn't even worth using, the damage output is too low for any decent level of enemy, the toxin damage on impact range is also far too small and doesn't even leave a gas cloud or anything. 

Pulversise - I'm not going to sugar coat it... completely useless, it's too slow, the handling is worse than archwing, it's not exactly a high damage dealer and it can't even get up the three steps on hydron... it is literally quicker to just use a weapon.

Side note: Grendels knock down/cc passive with the masseter needs to be on everything not just on heavy hits, he might as well not have a bonus as it stands because heavy hits are so cumbersome/slow to use. 

As others have said... why even bother with shields when they're so low, buff the health a tiny bit and get rid of the shields imo. 

Looks: Finally we have a male frame with a chubby physique, and I do hope we get more like him in the future, though I guess that's unlikely.
Preferably with some less vore'ish theme 😛
However I don't like that his animations seem to lack a way to hold bows, and there's not many syandanas which don't clip through him. That could really use some improvement.

Feast: I feel like this ability shouldn't be considered channeling, because it messes way too much with your energy management to not be able to restore your energy through anything other than energy orbs. Not sure if it was my ping or not, but some people seem to able to kill enemies while they are already being sucked in by the ability, which just stops you from even getting a single Nourish buff at times. Which is kinda not cool and could use some improvement. Even outside these things, the ability just drains too much energy, it could possibly use some tweaking. Especially since this issue renders his passive less useful. And while we're at his passive, I feel like no passive should be related to a warframe's ability set. Reminder this was an issue on Nyx until she got her current passive. I'd suggest baking his current passive into his 1, then give him an actual passive.

Nourish: What gives what buff? It's unexplained and confusing. If there's an enemy in my belly that gives one buff, but there is one more that gives a different buff then what happens? Did I just waste energy unknowing on refreshing the already existing buff? Is there even a way to know if there's such enemy in my belly because Feast only indicates the number of them?
I don't mean we could use more information on the tooltip, instead we could really use all the buffs baked in one Nourish, regardless what the enemy type is, because currently it just feels very inconsistent. The least improvement could be seeing a way to be able to tell what buff are we getting if we hit the button, or get multiple buffs if there are enemies capable if giving different buffs in the belly. But I strongly suggest having all the buffs baked in, in one Nourish regardless the type of the enemy consumed.The heal on the applying of the buff also could be more consistent, and heal the team too

Regurgitate: Could use some improvements, @LSG501 had some good ideas for it. It'd also be cool to have a way to Regurgitate all of them at the same time (yes, Feast does this if you hold 1 down for longer, but not for the sake of damaging, but to spare your remaining energy)

Pulverize: Feels fun to use, in some maps it's really hard to control though, and there's somewhat a big penalty if you fall off the map. It's a good way to kill enemies you used Feast on, but outside that it's not a good damage dealer.

Edited by Harutomata

A lot of people seem to be complaining about the missions.  My feedback on those are: It was a pain to not have any of my fancy things like mods or operator powers, but you only have to do three missions that way.  If it were some new event like arbitrations or a new mission type like disruption that had all those restrictions, I might be upset, but going through three missions that you can finish in an hour and never look at again isn't that bad.

As for Grendel, I see him as very analogous to my most played Warframe - Titania.  My initial impression is that I'd most enjoy a build where I'd cast my buffs every now and then, and just go around with my 4th ability most of the time.  And this seems reasonable.  However, there's a few problems that come with this:

1) More strength = less rolling.  If you buff ability strength on Grendel so that you can use Pulverize to kill high-level enemies, then you'll also be doing more digestion damage, running through your fuel all the faster.  Having to change exactly how much strength is on your warframe based on the level of enemies you expect to face is too much work to be worth the trouble.  I'd rather just put in an amount of strength I can be satisfied with for most content, and then put the rest of my mods toward other stats.  Pulverize already has the Feast energy cost limiting usage of it.  Worrying so much about running out of fuel as well seems unnecessary for the (fun) uncontrollable mess that Pulverize is.  I noticed this immediately while leveling up Grendel.  When I was rank 10, I could roll around a good bit, but the moment my Pulverize improved, I started running out of bodies to fuel it much more.  It isn't my place to be throwing out a bunch of awful ideas on how to change your game, but I would personally limit Pulverize to a Baruuk-style nutrient meter that builds up as you have enemies within you and fills up in bursts when you use Nourish.

2) Difficult to apply buffs - This is pretty much just like Titania's Tribute, except you also threw in a hard-to-see selection wheel.  I feel like using Nourish should just auto-target the first three enemies in Grendel's gut that give different buffs or ignore what type of enemy it is and just use an Ivara/Vauban/Wisp-style selection wheel to determine which buff you get with no other limitations.  Spending a lot of time looking for the correct enemies & selecting the proper buff to dissolve will run through your energy and buff duration pretty fast.  It feels like Grendel is just missing a lot of quality-of-life on Nourish.  At the very least, which buff you're going to get should be more visible on the UI.

3) No good way to manage number of consumed enemies - You can Feast on a whole crowd and then expel enemies one-by-one until you reach a good balance between energy drain and armor gain.  But by the time you've gotten to a good number of enemies within you, you've probably spent most of your energy, depending on the size of the crowd / your efficiency and duration.  I'd rather just have a cap on the maximum number of consumed enemies just so I don't run up my energy bill.

Grendel's Kit Opinions:-

Passive is okay, since personally it ties to his theme. The main problem is how it's complimented by Feast

FEAST: 

1. Exponential energy drain needs to go, it's too much. It's understandable that eating every enemy shouldn't be exactly how Grendel is meant to be played, but exponential drain for Feast is just bad. Even with maxed efficiency, the drain starts to go nuts at around 6-8 enemies stored in the gut forcing Rage/Adrenaline to be mandatory on this frame. IMO, its better that Grendel have a higher initial but constant drain/s than the energy bar going nuts if you eat 5 enemies. Another suggestion is to make it akin to Equinox's Pacify, where it doesn't prevent Zenurik/Energy Siphon from regenerating energy.

2. Feast to be an upper-body animation (QOL). This is more of a personal QOL to help alleviate abit of Feast's clunkiness and allow Grendel to move and reposition for his Feast.

NOURISH:

Overall, good ability which heals Grendel and nice buffs overall, as most people said its confusing which buff you will get.

1. Nourish needs a proper Buff Indicator UI. It's honestly confusing to not know what buff you will get from your gut since you can easily get random enemy units via Feast.

REGURGITATE:

Probably the worst ability of Grendel's kit, due to how the damage scales poorly and lack of AoE.

1. 3 meters base AoE is too small. Most of the time the small AoE makes this ability feel like a "single-target ability" than an actual explosive vomit projectile. A suggestion to buff the explosion radius to 5m would be nice, this is so that the vomits would have more of an impact on enemy hordes than just a single target.

2. Allow Regurgitate to proc Toxin and scale off enemies consumed. Light suggestions, but it would help boost the damage of the projectile to make it an actually deadly and toxic projectile.

PULVERIZE

Good and fun ability personally, I do not know what else to say aside from letting you use Pulverize without needing enemies to be consumed and controlling the meatball being abit clunky.

Overall, scales decently. Just needs a few more tweaks and he would feel alot more impactful and fun to play.

Aesthetics, well, not my cup of tea. If I wanted to spend hours having to look at a fat guy I'd take up Magic the Gathering as a hobby.

As for his kit, I just find it kind of pointless. There's far superior armor stripping available than his 1, and his 3 doesn't perform well. His 4 is entertaining but doesn't control very well and the lack of mass feels weird, you ping off enemies you don't kill and it feels like you should knock them down instead. The only ability that I really made any effort to use was his 2, and I honestly found micromanaging it was rarely worth the time investment. He ended up just kind of feeling like a generic weapon platform to me.

• Like 1

my feedback is on Pulverize

I'm a fan of the movement it ball form. At first I didn't like it, but then I realized its more fun when you are always bouncing around. I expected it to be like a wrecking ball that doesn't bounce and accelerates more quickly, but then I started to play it like a pinball where I just keep moving and jumping and I really enjoy it now. I do feel like the acceleration is pretty sluggish, but I guess it encourages you to keep moving.

I am not a fan of the damage you do in pulverize to enemies in your stomach. Mostly the slam damage to them. It feels best to me to be moving and jumping a lot so I usually end up killing the enemies inside my stomach really quickly from all the slamming into the ground. Video example: https://imgur.com/a/bn5jcbt

*edit* I've found that using feast on stronger enemies like a nox alleviates this a good amount *edit*

I like how the damage to enemies outside of your stomach works though. I feel like I do some damage bouncing near them, but if really wanna hit them hard I gotta make direct contact.

thanks for all your work to bring us this frame 🙂

Edited by bronzedisplay

First off I want to say I really like Grendel, the art team did a fantastic job with this absolute unit and I love his theme. But okay, yeah, Nourish especially is a usability nightmare and SO FIDDLY - the three buff icons look almost identical (especially when a timer covers up most of the graphic), holding it to cycle while squinting at a tiny icon and only having it work if you have the right (often indistinguishable) enemy in your gut is maddening, and the healing isn't anywhere near enough to be useful against higher level enemies. I really think it needs to give all the buffs granted by enemies in Grendel's stomach from a single cast, so if we're waddling around with 2 Heavy Gunners, 4 Lancers and a Butcher, we get all three, if it's an Osprey and 2 Moas we get Strike and Energy but no Armor, and so on. We're already paying a pretty steep energy tax for having multiple enemies in there. Also I think Armor needs a different effect, because right now it's almost imperceptible. I like the suggestion for it to prevent knockdown, maybe a trickle of healing per enemy in Grendel's belly also?

The rest of his kit I think can be fixed pretty easily through numbers buffs and more importantly, armor stripping. Surely if anyone is corrosive acid-themed, it's Grendel. Anything that's been in his gut at all should be 100% armor stripped at a moderate level of ability strength, so we can eat-vomit-melee groups too large to carry around. Then his 3 is obviously soaked in the same stomach acid, so there's your ranged armor removal with a big damage-over-time effect and a much larger AOE, and just have Pulverize do the same thing to anything it touches, along with much higher base damage and better handling. Maybe use fire or slide to rev it up like Sonic? And obviously (as with Gauss) don't forget to apply the damage after the armor removal!

Edited by Captain_Killy

1. drop off the shields - they provide nothing aside from reducing the rage efficiency and making hijack a nightmare to solo

2. remove the energy ramp up from feast as it's already a huge energy drain from having 5+ enemies in your belly and the ramp up makes it way worse

Hi. So i've leveled Grendel to 30 twice and here's where i am.

1. You need something in his belly to use any of his abilities. Woof. These are fairly strict dependancies. I can live with them but there should be a big payoff, which leads me to

2. His abilities are redundant. 1, 2, and 3 could probably just be one skill to be honest with you. Being able to vomit them out with his 1 basically feels like his 3rd ability. Why not just make the nourish buffs active while he has X enemy type in his gut? And allow us to hold 1 to launch them out? You've just combined his 1, 2, and 3 into one ability. Now we can fill those slots with some more inspired choices.

3. The armor he gains passively is negligible. I am running like 1.4k armor on grendel (2k when arcane guardian procs). It's not really worth the energy drain for me to stack 50 armor after all calculations are completed.

4. Nourish. Nice to have a self heal but magus repair feels like 20x more efficient. I like the strike/energy/armor effects, they are somewhat unique, so that is a plus. I can never tell which buff i am getting unless i see the text pop up briefly to state which one i got.

5. Regurgitate. It scales. That's cool. Probably doesn't scale well enough though because when i use it i feel like I'm just wasting energy or resources i could use to nourish.

6. Pulverize. You are effectively giving us an exalted weapon. Why do i say this? because in this mode we can only use this mode to do damage and nothing else. That said, the damage feels lackluster and I barely use this ability. Perhaps it needs more testing form me as I've barely ever had the energy resources required to run this for a prolonged period of time.

Edited by Skaleek

Saw the new changes to Grendel, and I curious as to why Feast continues to drain a lot of energy after a couple of seconds per mob? It still defeats the purpose of his Passive, and limits him to certain amount of mobs inside his body to use his other kit. How come Nourish isn't an all used skill and we still have to look for 3 types of mobs... for a buff? Plus, we still have a weak healing ability? I would like some Regen along side the other 3 buffs he get, too. Finally damage scaling to Regurgitate, but we can't even store enemies inside his stomach long enough to use later, so its basically use on capture type ability.... The Pulverize energy drain is a decent idea, but the problem still remains is that its still an impact damage and the damage is bad for a 4th ability. To improve his other abilities, you have to actually fix the core, which is his horrible energy drain. 

Edited by Mardomus

10 minutes ago, Mardomus said:

Pulverize energy drain, but for goodness gracious please fix Nourish and Feast. 

they should have never done this. i like knowing when i have no enemies in my belly. they just added more micro management. someone at DE really likes torture.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

they should have never done this.

Its decent, because the mobs die too fast inside his belly when you're jumping against lower level mobs, until that mob(s) level is at least 50+ and can survive 2-3 jumps. But we still have to deal with a 2.5 Energy drain (Streamline & Fleeting Expertise) from his 4th, which wouldn't be bad IF they actually fix his energy drain from Feast and his buffs from Nourish.