Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Got My Rhino!

Zachles

Question

Three or so days ago, I made a thread asking which of the five Warframes (Banshee, Nyx, Mag Prime, Loki or Rhino) I should choose from once they finished crafting in the Foundry, and Rhino got the popular vote.

So, do I install an Orokin Reactor onto him and what are some good weapons to fit him with?

Edited by zachles

7 answers to this question

Merged duplicate thread.

BTT:

I'd say Rhino is one of the few frames where all his abilities remain useful for any kind of mission. So yes, very deserving of a potato (Orokin Reactor). Some people don't use Rhino Charge though because there are other options to maximize your mobility e.g. Zorencoptering, but I greatly enjoy instagibbing weaker enemies with it, they explode in a shower of red mist and dismembered limbs. :D

Merged duplicate thread.

BTT:

I'd say Rhino is one of the few frames where all his abilities remain useful for any kind of mission. So yes, very deserving of a potato (Orokin Reactor). Some people don't use Rhino Charge though because there are other options to maximize your mobility e.g. Zorencoptering, but I greatly enjoy instagibbing weaker enemies with it, they explode in a shower of red mist and dismembered limbs. :D

Duplicate thread? What are you talking about?

Also, his mobility isn't a huge problem for me, and that's funny considering I'm coming from Nova equipped with a maxed Rush mod. Not just that, but he wasn't as slow as I thought he'd be. If it becomes a problem for me in the future, which it probably will because I love moving fast, I'll just equip him with that. He becomes as fast as an unmodded Ash, so that's nice.

Anyways, it seems to me that Rhino Charge is not quite exactly like Slash Dash. Rhino Charge seems to just run in a straight line, but Slash Dash is a little more fluid. Still, both are useful. I haven't gotten the chance to try out any of his other skills yet, but so far, I'm very impressed.

Yeah, definetly worth a potato.

Roar is nice if you have a good team and a lot of energy lying around. Otherwise it's a waste of space.

Rhino charge is around half as effective as Slash Dash (both maxed). I personally removed it to place a Rush on that place.

Rhino Stomp is pretty damn fun. Especially with Stretch, as you blow away something like everything in the same cell. And keeping stronger mobs suspended in mid-air for a while for you to kill them

Iron Skin is basically God Mode. Not using it at any opportunity is nearly a crime. Maxing it is top priority. Makes a breeze even the most nasty Nightmare missions.

With Iron Skin maxed you can easily forma it again and level up in a snap, and none will really notice that you are level 3 on a high-ish level mission.

As far as weapons, Primaries and secondaries are whatever deals the most damage. Since you will likely be up close and personal anyway, shotguns (Sobek, Hek) are a good choice. I would avoid sniper stuff and Ogris as that would put you in a position that other frames can easily do too, better than it. (while wasting Rhino's unique abilities)

Melee you can take a good charge build with inpunity as with Iron Skin none can interrupt your charge attack. Gram, Scindo or Orthos, take your pick.

Although I also totally love Kogake wit max Fury on it. spam punches and kicks to the face, and every now and then you can charge-attack to send mobs flying around.

And yeah, ground attacks are very useful for a Rhino (again gram/scindo and Kogake), as if he has less than 5 mobs close to him at any given moment, you are doing it wrong.

Edited by bobafetthotmail