Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Ember & Vauban Revisited Feedback

[DE]Danielle

29 minutes ago, schilds said:

Ember Rework

It's fine, sad to see Flash Accelerant and it's augment go, but oh well.

Vauban Rework 

Vauban is a busy frame. If you try to go all out with his abilities you spend all your time babysitting your deployments. Why bother with all that you can just deploy and manage a few Vortices that out-perform every other ability anyway?

His 1 is fine with the augment, but it doesn't really matter whether you use it or not, because Vortex. I'd keep it as it is.

His 2 is far too busy. Hold to cast, toggling through 4 options, requiring continual refreshment. Why bother when Vortex is just better? Other than being cheaper, this needs an advantage over Vortex like not having to continually refresh them. Makes the mines permanent like Wisp's motes (though just 4 mines total, not 4 per type of mine). Also have tether mines target heavies only or something.

His 3 is pointless, see:

Hide contents

HIs 4. Bastille and Vortex are NOT redundant, but since they now have the same range and cost, you may as well just Vortex everything. 

Except Vortex doesn't strip armor (and buff armor)

But Vortex can stay up for 2 minutes with the augment, while Bastille... is still bugged :'( (enemies casually walking through it even with Repelling)

1 hour ago, Tatann said:

Except Vortex doesn't strip armor (and buff armor)

Re the armour stripping, a few things: 

You don't use Bastille when you want to kill things, you use Vortex. Bastille actually makes it harder and slower to kill things because it keeps them spread out. Ok, so it has armour stripping and there's the new no.1 augment that does aoe, so now you have some options:

• Vortex with ground finishers and slash procs.
  • Vortex with something like Pox.
  • Bastille with no.1 and augment.

Out of these, Vortex is the most team friendly and requires no additional setup time, actions or energy. See this video (again):

[edit]

Ok, I plain forgot about the armour buff :-P. Having tested how the armour buff works, it takes a while to build up the buff, but you can sustain it between Bastilles. I guess it doesn't hurt to keep Bastille up. Or so I would say, except that it interferes with casting Vortex :-P. You go to throw down a Vortex and ... oh yeah, you had a Bastille up which means you have to cast the ability twice to get your Vortex. Also, now all your Bastilles need to be replaced. Not to mention that Vortex prevents/removes enemies being lifted by Bastille. Did I mention that Vauban is a busy frame? It looks like there's no end to the number of things we can keep him busy with.

Suggestion: get rid of the *redundant ion cannon, reduce the range of Vortex, and put the new Bastille back at no.3 with lower energy cost, and maybe allow armour strip/buff from non-lifted enemies within it.

*PS given that this was the justification for merging Bastille and Vortex, I think this is a really strong reason to get rid of the ion cannon :-P

Edited by schilds

As I said before this rework - at least I think I said it, maybe I just said it inside my head - people don't realise just how good Vortex is. So why isn't/wasn't Vauban used? That's because

a) You have to wait for enemies to fall into a Vortex when you can simply go around disintegrating roomfuls of enemies with melee or AoE.

b) He's squishy.

c) Khora.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, schilds said:

As I said before this rework - at least I think I said it, maybe I just said it inside my head - people don't realise just how good Vortex is. So why isn't/wasn't Vauban used? That's because

a) You have to wait for enemies to fall into a Vortex when you can simply go around disintegrating roomfuls of enemies with melee or AoE.

b) He's squishy.

c) Khora.

to make it even more simple
a) He's not Mesa

4 minutes ago, MrFrog9 said:

to make it even more simple
a) He's not Mesa

You could name lots of frames like that, pick your favourite.

The reason I specifically mention Khora is because in their shared niches/roles (e.g. excavations), Khora is a better pick for a variety of reasons.

Edited by schilds

Just now, schilds said:

You could throw out lots of frames, pick your favourite.

The reason I specifically mention Khora is because in their shared niches/roles (e.g. excavations), Khora is a better pick for a variety of reasons.

I picked that frame specifically because I've noticed a lot of the feedback I've seen in these forums work to make a frame more like Mesa.

Just from this thread specifically:
People want Photon Strike to be a source of instant DPS when used in conjunction with Vortex... like Peacemaker.
People want Vauban to be given some source of 90% damage reduction... Like Shatter Shield.
People want Immolate to be easily maintained for constant 90% DR... Like Shatter Shield.

The ideal frame for the community appears to be a frame that can apply large amounts of instant damage and soak large amounts of hits with little maintenance required while remaining largely stationary.

(I don't really know what my point is here beyond "I don't like what the community likes")

embers heat rises extremly fast when her 2nd is active and that even without any enemies around. add to that the 'too high' cost of her 3rd and the only option left is to turn the 2nd off - even though you should be able to keep it active the whole mission... at least that is what i make of the abilities description.

also, her 3rd and 4th seems to missing a lot enemies that should get hit by it normally - and i don't mean enemies in cover (or specifically those in cover with it between you and them). especially enemies on lower elevation levels than ember (like she, standing on some boxes) seem to 'evade' the effect very often, even though they are not in cover and in plain sight.

Ember rework is great she got damage reduction which is awesome she was in dire need of that to keep up with how most of the newer frames are coming out with in some shape or form. She got a cool new resource with her immolation ability that can scale her damage and improve her armor strip. Her fireball got a buff that lets her build up its own combo that makes it hit harder with each consecutive cast esp with the new heat proc and how that functions now gives it a rather powerful dot and more armor strip.

Her new ultimate is pretty sick i can feel the force of those impacts from the meteors and its spreading mechanic was also neat but with all this said we are having major problems with energy costs and upkeep. as a caster frame she shouldn't have to worry about energy as much as non caster frames she should be able to kill only with her abilities and not worry about having enough energy from immolation being active at optimal 90% since being in the thick of things i shouldn't have to worry about having energy every 10 seconds with max efficiency it shouldn't be a problem.

But with all that said she was very close to being perfect from the get go and i think i have a fair idea just to switch how the skills should have worked together.

First ability Fire ball - People are saying it needs more damage which could be solved with more damage from immolation levels. other than that maybe a bigger hit box for the projectile but that is something i would like personally.

Second ability Immolation - This is where i switch things up a bit between her abilities starting with how the meter behaves. The ability currently increases the meter slowly by just having it on and is increased in how fast it builds by casting her 1st and 4th abilities which is great but to make immolation not a energy hog the ability will now grant increasing levels of energy cost reduction along side the damage reduction. To keep things in better tune with this i believe changing the skills natural increase to the meter just by having it on should be changed to a natural degen on the meter after lets say 5-10 seconds of no casting. Enough to warrant you to feel the need to top it off but not so much that you feel you need to be in a casting frenzy to maintain maximum levels

Third ability Fire Blast - (new immolation would solve the high cost of this ability) No longer requires line of sight to hit enemies and can hit behind walls as to support her passive. still removes a portion of the immolation meter to make the meter relevant

Fourth ability Inferno - higher damage base hit and higher dot damage, the ability should spread more as is the fire dot is completely removed upon enemy death to which i believe it should leave behind the ring of fire for a duration.

i think this would be a good start for making her make you feel paranoid with your energy to making feeling more in control.

Ember is actually not as energy hungry as I had originally thought. You need to moderate yourself when spamming her 4th ability, as it ramps up the heat bar very fast. Spamming her 1st ability is very strong, and once again, can lead to very fast heat generation - but it's fair considering the ludicrous amount of damage her 1st ability can scale up to. Overall she seems quite good actually. I'm sure you can find areas to improve her, but I'm having no problems keeping her energy levels up; because I'm using 4 specific things: Primed Flow, Arcane Energize, Exothermic, and Energy Generator. That's all I need and I'm generating more than enough energy to sustain casting all of her abilities in succession and relying ONLY on abilities to kill without using her weapons. Like I said, overall Ember seems great right now. I'm happy with her. 

-Oh wait! There's one thing I will say - there's too many particle effects when both ember and vauban are spamming their airborn nukes. It's hard to see what's on the screen. 

Edited by Flying_Scorpion

Vauban's current patch change to Orbital Strike is bad and I hope its a bug.

Right now when you throw the beacon it immediately starts charging and goes off before it even hits the ground. It has less range than a shotgun.

This is terrible, the fun of long-bombing a target beacon to a far off enemy and seeing the bodies fly was great, and air throws were just art. 

But now its going off excessively early, and in the air! The attack animation now looks bad just stopping mid air instead of hitting the ground because the beacon is still flying.

I am all for a faster charge time on the beacon, but after it hits something, not as I throw it out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, evil713 said:

Vauban's current patch change to Orbital Strike is bad and I hope its a bug.

Right now when you throw the beacon it immediately starts charging and goes off before it even hits the ground. It has less range than a shotgun.

This is terrible, the fun of long-bombing a target beacon to a far off enemy and seeing the bodies fly was great, and air throws were just art. 

But now its going off excessively early, and in the air! The attack animation now looks bad just stopping mid air instead of hitting the ground because the beacon is still flying.

I am all for a faster charge time on the beacon, but after it hits something, not as I throw it out.

Quoted for agreement.

• Like 1

Ember review:  Thank you for working on ember's rework, and trying to make her more effective and fun to play. Please consider the following suggestions, and feedback. 

TLDR (Read the bold): So Ember's rework concept was a cool idea... Her general concept is AWESOME, and is definitely a step in the right direction for improvement... but.. I honestly didn't have fun playing her... it was more of a chore, than a game. After putting several forma into her, and changing her builds several times, she still She feels forced to play atm.

First, I want to highlight that most of the issues I had with ember's rework would be solved if you increased her base energy, and if immolation also granted efficiency along with DR via her heat gauge increase. She also needs an increase to the base range, and speed of fireblast (why is fireblast's "shockwave" so slow?). I've tried a high efficiency build, a high duration build, and a hybrid between the two (had to ditch power strength), used her augments, used no augments. I was also using dethcube with energy generator, and i also tried using Rage (had to use adaptation & healing flame, to not die). I also tried running with an increased range build, for better CC, but that wasn't effective since meteor didn't leave behind a lingering CC effect. It only spread on enemies that are alive. With all of these builds, she still had too much of a heat/energy management issue.

I also want to point out that many of her abilities feel like they're more geared for mid-range, but while you did give her DR... you guys didn't give her any movement skills/buffs, or effective CC. Meteor is very effective, but there's a pretty short range cap on it considering what it is... and meteor doesn't leave lingering flames (only on live enemies). Fireblast also  and a pretty short range, and moves incredibly slow... "World on Fire" had a similar mid-range, but it also increased her movement speed (if i'm not mistaken) so we were able to use it effectively. 

So you guys made a slow-moving, mid-range tank, with the capacity for heavy firepower... but a huge ass energy and mod cost. She's basically a literal military tank, but a little less tanky. 

Unfortunately she's simply too mod hungry, and too energy hungry, and doesn't have the capability to efficiently or effectively manage her heat in a way that's intuitive to manage. Turning off and on her immolation, isn't a good strategy either, because that simply throws out her damage reduction. 

I will explain further as you read. 

1) Fireball's Combo mechanic was awesome, but it still costs a lot of energy to cast repeatedly for  a good damage increase (and the combo window is pretty small). It also doesn't do enough damage, even if the cost was lowered. 

Fireball Suggestion: 

• Up the damage a bit, and lower the energy cost a bit. Just a smidgeon should start showing some benefit. (3-5 less energy, and 25-100 more damage) 
  • It would also be great, if we got its old "napalm" effect back, when the fireball is charged... but with a longer duration. Then we would have another reason to use fireball over meteor sometimes. 

2) Managing her "heat gauge" is a huge pain in the ass. Having to turn it off, and turn it on, solely for the sake of energy control, is a huge pain in the ass and it affects her survivalbility... might as well just use adaptation, and ignore her second altogether.... except we can't, because the rest of her kit depends on her heat gauge being full, for the sake of her abilities being effective. 

•    Ok then why make it a huge ass energy drain that we can barely manage, if we need our gauge to be maxed (or nearly maxed) to have an effective kit? 
  • Oh, and I still need to use adaptation along with her heat gauge, for ember to be tanky, on top of her healing augment "healing flames" and vitality/sacrificial vitality. That's 3 mods I still need to use, on top of having DR... She would still benefit from improved CC since Fireblast isn't that effective at CC because it's rather short, slow, and doesn't get much benefit from stretch alone. 
  • Fireblast's augment is a bit useless since it's only 1/2 of her DR, and she can't keep her DR steady since she constantly has to be managing her heat gauge or turning off/on immolation. 
  • Turning off/on damage reduction as a mechanic/concept IS NOT FUN, or enjoyable at all (especially when we barely have any energy left because of its heavy toll). This is our means for survival, NOT our "super sayan" mode. IF we were ONLY gaining power strength boost from this, THEN yes turning it on/off wouldn't be such a big deal. But it's seriously stressful to be thinking "oh SHEET; now I have to turn it off, or i'm dead...but I might also die if I turn this off"

Immolation suggestion: 

1. Immolation needs to stop "passively" increasing on its own. Especially when her only other skill to control the gauge costs 75 energy, and we need to spam it as the heat gauge keeps wildly increasing out of nowhere.
  2.  Letting her "overheat" mode give her increased efficiency, would literally solve all her other energy issues. 
  3. Allow more skills to lower heat. Like her ult... maybe let us charge her ult, to use some of our heat to supercharge its damage. Like mini nukes. 
  4. Give her immolation a "lingering DR" effect for 5s after it's turned off (even if she's energy exhausted, or the player turns it off on their own). This would make the "turn off" a bit more seamless and remove the stressful feeling of "impending doom" from losing immolation

Alternative suggestion for Immolation: 

1. Make the gauge scale up from 100-300. It would grant a multiplicative 0.1%-0.4% power strength, per temp degree (Max of 50% power Str at 300 degrees). Have all her skills build up her heat gauge when tapped, but use/release heat when "held/charged"
    • 0-99 heat, 10% max power str (First stage): Ember gains slow/passive energy regen below 100 degrees. Heat gauge slowly increases passively up until 100 (Ember loses passive energy gain once the gauge reaches 100).
      • Temp grants her 0.1% power str per "heat" degree (max 10% power str during first stage)
    • 100-199 heat, 30% max power str (Second Stage): Ember loses the energy regen above 100, but gains 25% energy efficiency, and 0-50% DR. The gauge no longer passively increases from 100-199. 
      • Temp bonus grants her 0.2% power str per "heat" degree (max 30% power str, during second stage ).
    • 200-300 Heat, 50% max power str (Third Stage): Overheat mode starts above 200 heat. She gains 50-90% DR and an additional 25% energy efficiency, but heat gauge starts to decrease on its own (stopping at 199). During overheat mode, her skills unlock additional perks/benefits when "held/charged" but the *heat* cost is increased by 25-50%. 
      • Gains 0.4% power str per "heat" degree (Max total of 50% Power Str increase, at 300 degrees)
      • Ember starts losing heat faster, the more heat she acquires... because things around her are "cold" relative to her temperature, so heat loss/transfer becomes greater
        •  >275 heat, ember can start to lose energy & health. She gains 95% DR, but that doesn't affect her health loss. (if you're really attached to penalizing & energy costs)
  2. Possibly make this her passive, and give her another skill for her 2nd ability. Another ability that helps decrease her heat, is fun to spam, and doesn't cost 75 energy... Like maybe a TEAM BUFF? Or a new & creative skill?

3) Fireblast's armor strip is incredibly effective when her heat gauge is maxed out, which is awesome... but it's also her only skill that decreases the heat gauge, and it costs 75 energy for a single use...this alone is a really big design flaw. 

• The travel distance of the shockwave is also short, and incredibly slow... which makes it hard to heal with her augment. 

Fireblast suggestion:  Please INCREASE THE TRAVEL SPEED, and max range of the shockwave.... at *least* the travel speed.

2nd Fireblast suggestion (If you didn't apply any of the Immolation suggestions)Lower the cost to 35 energy.

• Seriously, Ash's shuriken cost WAY less, also do damage, apply slash damage, and also hit multiple enemies.... so I don't understand the logic behind 75 energy, and a REALLY SLOW travel time. 

4) Meteor is her most fun ability to use. It's cheap, spammable, fast, covers a wide area, and doesn't really require us to use immolation... it gives the best results for the lowest cost of energy... This gives no reason to cast fireball anymore. We didn't really need another press-4-to-win ability though.... as f-ing awesome as it is. 

Meteor's augment on the other hand, isn't very effective at generating energy motes reliably.  Especially when you have to compete with other tenno for kills. 

Overall, thank you very much for working on Ember's rework again. I hope you continue to make improvements to her, so she's effective but feels less forced to play. 

Thank you also for taking the time to read my review, I really appreciate your time, patience, and efforts. 

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-01 at 9:52 AM, SkeletonJehova said:

New vauban just kinda sucks.

Tesla nervos doesn't really do anything, I ran several missions and always casted it first. I'd see my 4 balls latch to something, stun them for a bit, do a little AoE explosion and then I didn't see them after that. Couldn't recast either as it said I still had 4 nervos.

*post Hotfix 26.0.4.1*

Disagree with Tesla Nervos being bad, I think the ability offers decent cc and with the adjusted augment for his, it does far more damage than his new 3rd ability can. :) 
however i do agree that their should be some kind of UI element that keeps track of all your Tesla orbs rolling around the place.

What id like to change\have:

- An indicator for the Tesla balls themselves on the map and in a 3D space.
- A separate icon for when one is attached to a particular enemy.

side note: tether needs to scale with strength, higher strength more targets.

-Please boost vaubans base stats, it makes no sense for them to be so low without being given any means of protecting himself, even ash, an invis frame (the ultimate form of protection) has higher base armour/health/sheilds. Even volt has better base stats with a dedicated shield ability for protection and a nuke ability to boot.

-Giving him 1000 armour through Bastille does nothing to help him since his base is only 100, he has to wait for the buff and it has become an energy expensive mini game in and of itself to keep that ineffective armour buff which benefits most other frame with higher base armour far more then it ever will Vauban.

-The new tesla is fine, but they need to be much faster in their duties, their status chance should be 100% given they do very little damage, and only have one ball per one enemy, having all 4 attach to the same enemy make for a very expensive and time consuming single target lock down device that i do not use because of this.

-Vector pad is a joke that is well passed its used by date, it isn't funny any more, its just insulting now for vauban fans, no other frame has an ability set aside specifically for a gag by the dev team when he is clearly lacking in so much. Either make it an area of effect speed boost or get rid of it in favour of a corpus deployable shield. When i have an ability that i have to apologies to other players for accidentally casting as I play yet another mini game of selecting mines in a chaotic fast paced game, having to hold down buttons. Its completely wrong.

-Flechette orbs are good, they can kill low to mid level enemies when multiple are out, but should be given a disarm percentage to make them useful against high level enemies, promoting them taking out their melee weapons and running into Bastille. giving a synergy to his load out.

-Overload is a basic and good ability, but given that you have already stifled vauban by having to play the mini game of trying to hit someone to give the ability, why did you stifle it at such a pathetically low amount that i simply don't bother using it as it is not worth the hassle, not for myself let alone anyone else. Meanwhile a rhino simply roars and effects an entire area, other frames do the same thing by simply existing.

-Tether mines are broken at the moment and not working as intended, so i can't comment on their usefulness since i refuse to use them in their current state

-Orbital bombardment is fine, even the slow animations and cast time was fine, just increase the damage to be worthy of the effect and light show, give it a timer and have the syndicate card afford a second use before the timer kicks in, effectively doubling its use. The recent patch that sped it up has ruined it since now it is going off prematurely, cutting off its previous range and... just like the rest of vaubans kit, being stifled by the developers. This overly aggressive caution regarding vauban is in stark contrast to the attitude taken towards every other frame.

-Bastille and vortex are fine, they were always fine, but now you cannot caste a Bastille and then a vortex as it will shut your Bastille down. This needs to be fixed because it is once again, a nerfing of vauban.

-Making vuaban dependent on every stat field, Duration/Efficiency/Range/Strength means that his builds are severely limited, add into this that his syndicate cards are virtually a must to make his abilities effective, add to that that he needs every suvivability card available, and it doesn't help very much... building for vauban has become a nightmare, and overly frustrating, no matter what you do you will be lacking and if you build for a little of everything, you will have the use of nothing because his numbers are so low.

Quick thinking mod was the only true way to keep vauban alive and putting an absurdly long stun lock on it made it useless to him... but hey, at least all the frames that never needed it because they have every possible way of surviving can't use it, right?

This entire experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth and leaves me wishing vauban was never reworked and just left alone, i was doing quite well with only 1 ability to worry about, I could make him survivable and mod for that one ability and play just fine while everyone else could enjoy their fancy warframes who could tank and kill and waltz through the hardest content. I didn't care. But this rework so far has stifled vauban more then it has helped him.

Ok, so here's how I have found to play Vauban to keep his armour buff up. You start off with Bastille (spam) to build the buff up. Then you transition to mostly Vortex, with 1 Bastille following each deployment of Vortices. You're building for mostly high duration and efficiency, range moderate to high, without power strength. You ignore his 3 and while you can cast 1 and 2 if you want, that takes you into micromanagement hell.

What about stuff that needs power strength?

- Armour stripping? When they're in a Vortex you have so many options. Don't worry about it.

- That dmg boosting mine? You're controlling the whole map for your team and they want a dmg buff on top of that? Selfish sods. Ignore them.

- The number of enemies that Bastille can hold? Just spam more Bastille, or use Repelling Bastille.

- The damage of his no.3? Ok, we've been over this, his no.3 is pointless. Forget it exists.

The main issue is still that he's a really busy guy. Mines should be permanent like Wisp's motes :-P.

Also, either replace the new no.3 or find a way to make it advantageous to use over poking enemies with a pointy stick.

Edited by schilds

Vauban's tesla issue is similar to Ember's 1 issue in that its only uses are redundant with the rest of his kit and the other options are better. His 4 is better CC and his 3 is better damage. Even wasting a precious mod slot on its augment leaves it in a pretty irrelevant place against armored targets damage wise. Seems like a waste of an ability, maybe give it some other purpose. IE: throw in a defensive buff since his armor buff sucks IE: for every active tesla, Vauban's shields are increased by 100%. You could also say if you're effected by a status effect, a tesla orb will expend a charge to clear you of the effect as a way of dealing with slash/toxin. Making him more shield themed would seem to fit with being an engineer/technology themed frame. You could also change the armor buff on Bastille to a constant shield regen aura within the Bastille as well.

On vortex, I'd much rather have the same armor strip effect as Bastille instead of the pointless damage ticks. Just make both versions of his 4 strip armor. I also wouldn't mind there being a minimum cap at 10% since negative power strength builds make the armor strip take so long it's basically irrelevant. 

Repelling bastille feels like it's kind of irrelevant now as well. Vortex has the same radius, so why would I waste a mod slot for this augment when I can just make a vortex and CC the same radius with no target limit? Maybe make the augment also increase the radius of Bastille only so it feels like it has some point. 

Tether coils use seemingly is to pull enemies at a larger radius into a bastille/vortex, which is neat potentially except that you should change it so that any enemy affected by bastille/vortex is no longer affected by tether. That way you wouldn't have to spam it to pull in 2 enemies at a time, it would just keep pulling them in 2 at a time for its duration and make him the ultimate enemy pulling/grouping machine when combining this ability with a vortex. edit: I guess they do auto grab more enemies as they die so maybe that's good enough (if you fix the obnoxious visual where the beams stay linked to dead body parts). edit2: yea, 56 meter pull at 280% range is hilarious, this is highly amusing when combined with vortex.

Fletchette orb seems redundant and pointless. Even if Fletchette was about puncture debuffs and had a 100% puncture chance it would still be useless since in the time it took you to deploy this thing to put up your 30% damage debuffs, you could have just sucked everything into a vortex instead. I suppose the debuffs would have some use against enemies that can't be cced/pulled, if they happen to not be immune to status also...

Vector pad is not practical, but I guess amusing if you're really bored. Completely useless in a negative strength build.

I'd buff Overdriver since it's annoying to bother buffing someone with such a weak short duration buff or perhaps remove it entirely as a separate entity and just make the ability have 3 devices in a cycle and auto buff any allies that get close to any of the other 3 devices with Overdriver automatically (even then consider buffing it or changing it to be more interesting, maybe make it a power efficiency buff since that would fit the name and nobody else has that kind of buff currently).  

Edited by Borg1611

7 hours ago, schilds said:

b) He's squishy.

c) Khora.

Don't forget about Octavia.

you guys are playing it way too safe with Vauban.

as a follow up to people wanting him to have his own sentinel (ala Venari).
His 4 could be a combat mode that causes his sentinel to configure itself into a weaponized exosuit (yes, like Ironman). It would be functionally similar To Mesa's Peacemakers but have the caveat of an "overheat" meter that puts the ability on cool down if it red-lines. so you can't simply maintain it forever.

instead of trying to re-jig what he had and bring it up to par with other frames, do something totally off the wall. at least then if people hate it you can at least say you tried something different. much better than people hating you for doing something safe.

Il y a 20 heures, nonscience a dit :

On Vauban.
Great rework but needs tweaks. Nervos clunky, Mine Layer forgettable, Photon Strike lacks something, Bastille could enjoy a 10% buff, frame too squishy.

Great rework...

screen-shot-2017-05-25-at-6-35-25-am-149

About Vauban's powers...

Tesla Nervos and Minelayer are limited to 4 active mines for each type. Each individual mine needs to pull its weight as a 25 energy ability. Well, Tesla Nervos can come in 4 for one cast, by I digress.

Tesla Nervos

• Designed for CC on the go. Creates a stationary CC point around an enemy. A tad contradictory.
  • Not meant for damage unless Tesla Bank is equipped.

Tether Coil

• 2 targets per coil, so 8 targets max.
  • Target cap should be affected by Strength, and increased to 3 at base for 12 targets (to match Bastille).
  • Should not stay attached to corpses. It's a visual mess trying to identify which limp body is living or dead.
  • Chance to proc Slash for extra armor-bypassing damage.
  • Snagged targets should glow in Vauban's energy color for added visual indicator.

Flechette Orb

• Damage is rather low. Even when it does crit for 2.0x, this orb is mainly for spreading Puncture procs around. Puncture lasts 6 seconds, not enough time for any real benefit to be had.
  • Add enemy level scaling damage to this orb. Punch-through on the nails as well.

Vector Pad

• It's effective at repelling enemies, but it's ally propulsion seems lacking, since it's a use-then-lose one time speed boost.
  • Apply a speed buff to allies that use the pad. Move speed, sprint speed, parkour speed, a combo of these or just one, something that helps.

Overdriver

• The damage bonus timer is set to match the remaining duration of the mine. It's possible to get an Overdriver buff with only 1 second remaining on it. Change it so the buff timer is reset to max when it jumps to an ally.
  • Overdriver tends to jump to non-player allies if they are in range, even those that can't do any damage like stationary objects. Only apply this buff to players so the mine isn't wasted.

Surprisingly both Photon Strike and Bastille are not capped in the number of instances that can be out at once. Please keep it that way.

Edited by PsiWarp

On 2019-11-06 at 8:26 AM, Awazx said:

Great rework...

Well, it is a nice rework if you consider most of the skills now compared to what he used to have. The fact that it needs polish doesn't make it any less of a good job.

Photon strike has already been modified for instant effect, Nervos has been made less of burden to cast. Combining Bastille and Vortex gives a tactical choice. Mines, meeh, still too slow for what they have to offer.

Vauban went from no offense to having more options in that department, is he perfect? No. 
I agree with you on survival, Vauban needs some meat to compete. I also agree on the needs for a more fast-paced oriented set of skills.

Vauban's Orbital Strike speed is in a great place but it would be MUCH better if it would start the detonation on impact, as it stands you can no longer use it effectively at range. His mine layer skills need polish as well tether is a buggy mess, and bounce pad would be much better if it was a buff to aim glide / bullet jump. Thanks for reading 🙂

Edited by PotatoJias