[DE]Danielle

(PC) Ember & Vauban Revisited Feedback

Ember burns energy way too quickly even with max energy. Her heart guage fills too quickly with inferno and fire blast doesn't remove enough time[as in it needs to reduce how quickly it fills better]. I suggest swapping heat gauge numbers between her 3 and 4. 

And the energy cost after max heat is ridiculous. I suggest cutting in half

• Upvote 1

Waiting with anticipation for tonight (Europe) devstream, I hope they talk about the feedback on Ember and Vauban, and especially announce some tweaks coming soon (TM), or even "mini-rework" :-)

Still testing some new builds on Vauban, ability strength isn't so bad on him in the end, problem is it's hard to upgrade every aspects (range, duration, strength, efficiency and survivability)

2 hours ago, Tatann said:

Waiting with anticipation for tonight (Europe) devstream, I hope they talk about the feedback on Ember and Vauban, and especially announce some tweaks coming soon (TM), or even "mini-rework" 🙂

Still testing some new builds on Vauban, ability strength isn't so bad on him in the end, problem is it's hard to upgrade every aspects (range, duration, strength, efficiency and survivability)

If they replace speed vector pad with a corpus bubble and have its number of hits correspond to power strength he would be able to have a nice build set up.

Also Bastille is not an effective form of defense/survivability for vauban.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)Absoluteboxer said:

If they replace speed vector pad with a corpus bubble and have its number of hits correspond to power strength he would be able to have a nice build set up.

Also Bastille is not an effective form of defense/survivability for vauban.

Bastille with adjusted values to its armor buff (cap at 1500 and 30 second base duration outside of Bastille) would be an effective form of survivability for Vauban AND allies (if they get it from Bastille)

I feel they should do that, but also just give a flat 500 armor regardless if enemies are in it or not. 

Cuz wisps 1st ability greatly outshines it.  (Bonus health plus regeneration plus PERMANENT FOR 25 ENERGY).  Its too reliant on enemies having armor (mainly grineer) for it to be worth while.  In orb valise it's not much use imo. 

I will say if they do the shield bubble and make it good then im.fine with Bastille as is (as it would be icing for his defense not the main source).  Hell if they did that and made it synergize with Bastille giving him armor on top of the shield that would be good plus #synergy.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Absoluteboxer said:

I feel they should do that, but also just give a flat 500 armor regardless if enemies are in it or not. 

Cuz wisps 1st ability greatly outshines it.  (Bonus health plus regeneration plus PERMANENT FOR 25 ENERGY).  Its too reliant on enemies having armor (mainly grineer) for it to be worth while.  In orb valise it's not much use imo. 

I will say if they do the shield bubble and make it good then im.fine with Bastille as is (as it would be icing for his defense not the main source).  Hell if they did that and made it synergize with Bastille giving him armor on top of the shield that would be good plus #synergy.

If they do the Nullifier bubble, sure Vauban won't really need armor that much, but it's still a missed opportunity.

Also, contrary to description, Bastille grants armor even if enemies don't have any (Corpus, Infested). Maybe it's faster with Grineer, but it's still ramping fast with Corpus with 155% strength.

Instead of a flat base armor (requiring no enemy ?) I think a base 50 armor per enemy (scaling with strength) would suit more. At least it makes you use Bastille against a group of enemies. That way if you trap 4 or 5 enemies, with a bit of strength, you get at least 500 bonus armor immediately, but if you trap more (or build for a lot of strength), you get an even better start, so it rewards a bit of "skill"

Edited by Tatann

3 hours ago, Tatann said:

If they do the Nullifier bubble, sure Vauban won't really need armor that much, but it's still a missed opportunity.

Also, contrary to description, Bastille grants armor even if enemies don't have any (Corpus, Infested). Maybe it's faster with Grineer, but it's still ramping fast with Corpus with 155% strength.

Instead of a flat base armor (requiring no enemy ?) I think a base 50 armor per enemy (scaling with strength) would suit more. At least it makes you use Bastille against a group of enemies. That way if you trap 4 or 5 enemies, with a bit of strength, you get at least 500 bonus armor immediately, but if you trap more (or build for a lot of strength), you get an even better start, so it rewards a bit of "skill"

Scaling by enemies or growing the armor buff with enemies is a trap (no pun intended).  It is counter-productive to have abilities that are at odds with squad objectives.  In general, team mates will murder any enemies they see.  So if Vauban gains armor by NOT killing enemies it will lead to frustration.  You do not need to look further than the many threads about Nidus gathering enemies with Larva and then having their team kill them before he can stomp them down for mutation stacks.  

I do not think it would be overpowered at all to just gain the flat maximum armor buff, and give it a much higher duration.  Keep in mind that Vauban's kit is most similar to Gara, Frost, and Khora (area defense frames).  Gara has 90% DR and a wall with 10's of thousands of HP.  Frost's bubble gives total ranged immunity with a stacking and scaling HP value.  Khora is the least defensive but can put Venari in heal mode and run range mods to have two domes each grabbing with 30+ meter radius.  Of these four frames, Vauban has the lowest EHP at base, and the lowest modified EHP based on skills.  

Bottom line, Vauban needs a major defensive buff, and a slow-growing armor buff that fades too quickly is not it.