Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(PC) Ember & Vauban Revisited Feedback

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, yurarito000 said:

I drew my ideas about Vauban as much as I can. It’s probably contains wrong grammar because I’m not native English speaker.

I know that this thread is already off topic which mean DE won’t care much but I wanted to share my ideas and I wish DE will watch this.

Thanks for the feedback, good and funny :)

I miss concuss (or at least radiation proc) too

I think Photon Strike should apply radiation to enemies in a 10-15m range (base value). I mean it's a photon strike, it radiates ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the Ember rework.  The animations are shiny and flashy.  Neat.  But she's just a worse version of the dozen or so other frames that could already do the "press 4 to nuke multiple enemies" thing.  Hers is limited by line of sight.  Limited by field of view.  Limited by... I don't even know why it doesn't hit enemies half the time that are clearly visible and within field of view.  It hits fewer enemies less hard than other frame's nuking ability.  And her armor stripping is outperformed by other frames.  As is her damage reduction, which is so inconsistent that a lot of the time it's only as strong as an Aviator mod.  It comes nowhere close to making up for her reduced armor compared to other frames with nuking potential.

Before her rework, she had her niche, she had her thing she did better than any other frame.  Now she's just another mediocre nuker.  Why would I use her now.  And it's not like just pressing 4 every few seconds is meaningfully more active or interactive, it just limits your mobility.  All that had to happen was we needed a reason to use her 3.  Besides that, the main problem was people didn't realize how good she was because they were fixated on how much better she used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eboomer said:

I don't like the Ember rework.  The animations are shiny and flashy.  Neat.  But she's just a worse version of the dozen or so other frames that could already do the "press 4 to nuke multiple enemies" thing.  Hers is limited by line of sight.  Limited by field of view.  Limited by... I don't even know why it doesn't hit enemies half the time that are clearly visible and within field of view.  It hits fewer enemies less hard than other frame's nuking ability.  And her armor stripping is outperformed by other frames.  As is her damage reduction, which is so inconsistent that a lot of the time it's only as strong as an Aviator mod.  It comes nowhere close to making up for her reduced armor compared to other frames with nuking potential.

Before her rework, she had her niche, she had her thing she did better than any other frame.  Now she's just another mediocre nuker.  Why would I use her now.  And it's not like just pressing 4 every few seconds is meaningfully more active or interactive, it just limits your mobility.  All that had to happen was we needed a reason to use her 3.  Besides that, the main problem was people didn't realize how good she was because they were fixated on how much better she used to be.

Just a precision, her 4 is limited bu HER line of sight, not YOUR field of view. 

Being a TPS, the "camera" allow the player to see enemies while the character can't, cause he's behind cover or around the corner.

Maybe that's why you think it doesn't work properly, but it works as intended (and not the "work as intended" kind from Anthem or Fallout76).

But overall, if I'm not fond of her rework either, at least her DR buff and damage buff is combined in a single ability and easier to maintain than the ones Vauban got (mediocre and impractical damage buff on his 2, slowly growing armor buff on his 3).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the hope that DE is not 100% done with Vauban's rework here are some observations Id like to see tweaked in the future for our beloved boobin.

Tesla rollers need to stay closer to vauban at all times to give effective cc, 99% of the time I have deployed these little guys only to have moved far away from them to complete the map objective. The rollers shocking the same target for their duration half way across the map isn't helpful at all.

Fix: Tesla rollers stay close to Vauban at all times returning to Vauban after he moves a certain distance from them.


Tether Coil while a great idea on paper in game falls short of what I feel is it's intended purpose. In game tether coil is a bit of a glitchy mess, from visual bugs to not having the strength to actually pull targets to it's tether point, worse yet enemies tend to get stuck on nearly anything that does not have clear line of sight to it's tether point. Another issue is not being able to see what enemies are dead bodies and what enemies are simply pinned to the floor / wall.

Fix: Tether coil pulls enemies back to where it is deployed seeking new enemies or keeping the same enemies in place by rag-dolling them each time tether attaches to them on a short cool-down. "tether coil seeks a target, pulls it in to it's deployed point, releasing the target rag-dolling the target and this process repeats" This would allow you to use tether coil to pull enemies into your bastile for effective cc.

Flechette Orb This ability after being tweaked feels like it is in a great spot, it's ability to scale makes it a great bread and butter ability for Vauban.

Fix: The only change I would recommend would be a bit of a less visual spam on it's arrows.

Vector Pad   This ability should be scrapped in favor of a defensive ability for Vauban. As a vauban main the only time this ability gets used is on accident when Im switching to use a different mine layer ability.

Fix: Replace this ability with a defensive / support mine. Or if De wants to keep this feature change it to give a buff to your parkour skills for a set time like over driver.

Over Driver This ability with proper power strength can add a significant damage boost to Vauban and his allies. Tho it's short duration makes upkeep more of a chore to use.

Fix: Slightly longer duration would be a nice quality of life change.

Photon strike This ability is very satisfying to use when combined with vortex. The synergy of these two abilities is excellent. High burst damage potential, however it's lack of range is a major drawback to this ability.

Fix: Allow photon Strike to explode on impact would give much needed range / usability back to this ability after they reduced the timer on it.


Bastille Vauban's signature ability is by far the best reworked ability in terms of usability. Even with a higher cost this is always worth the energy when used. That is to say it could be better with some of the new features that it brought with the rework.

Fix: The armor buff that is applied to Vauban is far to short to take advantage of in any meaningful way without the need to constantly reapply Bastille, I would purpose that the armor buff you receive would fade as you take damage. Allowing you time to rebuild the armor bonus and giving Vauban MUCH needed survive-ability.

Thanks for taking the time to read! I hope you have a great day 🙂


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Vauban "fights" against a lvl5 Lich you can see how bad this rework is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to jump on the "Ember is OP" train, but with how she works it's an issue.

While playing the game if there's an Ember in the team all they do it run at the enemy, press 4, and keep going on. I know it doesn't sound that bad and inherently it's not, but a good build basically wipes everything in a room based on how fast they press a button (even just one press in Axi fissures).

I know some people are going to say "Well just wait until high level, she's still terrible" but that's the thing, there really is no high level. The whole thing of infinite energy and just spam an ability is ridiculous and needs to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

I don't want to jump on the "Ember is OP" train, but with how she works it's an issue.

While playing the game if there's an Ember in the team all they do it run at the enemy, press 4, and keep going on. I know it doesn't sound that bad and inherently it's not, but a good build basically wipes everything in a room based on how fast they press a button (even just one press in Axi fissures).

I know some people are going to say "Well just wait until high level, she's still terrible" but that's the thing, there really is no high level. The whole thing of infinite energy and just spam an ability is ridiculous and needs to change.

That playstyle is the same as old Ember when you see her in those levels but instead of being a walking turret, she either do no damage, or enough damage. The Rework only changed her Playstyle into a Tank that can strip Armor, the Core of her Abilities is still the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-02-03 at 1:20 PM, PotatoJias said:

With the hope that DE is not 100% done with Vauban's rework here are some observations Id like to see tweaked in the future for our beloved boobin.

Tesla rollers need to stay closer to vauban at all times to give effective cc, 99% of the time I have deployed these little guys only to have moved far away from them to complete the map objective. The rollers shocking the same target for their duration half way across the map isn't helpful at all.

Fix: Tesla rollers stay close to Vauban at all times returning to Vauban after he moves a certain distance from them.


Tether Coil while a great idea on paper in game falls short of what I feel is it's intended purpose. In game tether coil is a bit of a glitchy mess, from visual bugs to not having the strength to actually pull targets to it's tether point, worse yet enemies tend to get stuck on nearly anything that does not have clear line of sight to it's tether point. Another issue is not being able to see what enemies are dead bodies and what enemies are simply pinned to the floor / wall.

Fix: Tether coil pulls enemies back to where it is deployed seeking new enemies or keeping the same enemies in place by rag-dolling them each time tether attaches to them on a short cool-down. "tether coil seeks a target, pulls it in to it's deployed point, releasing the target rag-dolling the target and this process repeats" This would allow you to use tether coil to pull enemies into your bastile for effective cc.

Flechette Orb This ability after being tweaked feels like it is in a great spot, it's ability to scale makes it a great bread and butter ability for Vauban.

Fix: The only change I would recommend would be a bit of a less visual spam on it's arrows.

Vector Pad   This ability should be scrapped in favor of a defensive ability for Vauban. As a vauban main the only time this ability gets used is on accident when Im switching to use a different mine layer ability.

Fix: Replace this ability with a defensive / support mine. Or if De wants to keep this feature change it to give a buff to your parkour skills for a set time like over driver.

Over Driver This ability with proper power strength can add a significant damage boost to Vauban and his allies. Tho it's short duration makes upkeep more of a chore to use.

Fix: Slightly longer duration would be a nice quality of life change.

Photon strike This ability is very satisfying to use when combined with vortex. The synergy of these two abilities is excellent. High burst damage potential, however it's lack of range is a major drawback to this ability.

Fix: Allow photon Strike to explode on impact would give much needed range / usability back to this ability after they reduced the timer on it.


Bastille Vauban's signature ability is by far the best reworked ability in terms of usability. Even with a higher cost this is always worth the energy when used. That is to say it could be better with some of the new features that it brought with the rework.

Fix: The armor buff that is applied to Vauban is far to short to take advantage of in any meaningful way without the need to constantly reapply Bastille, I would purpose that the armor buff you receive would fade as you take damage. Allowing you time to rebuild the armor bonus and giving Vauban MUCH needed survive-ability.

Thanks for taking the time to read! I hope you have a great day 🙂


 

I congratulate your feedback, but after more than 3 months, I sadly don't have hope anymore for anything more than the armor buff suggested by Scott. But I'm not even hopeful about the value of this buff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...