Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Ember & Vauban Revisited Feedback

[DE]Danielle

18 minutes ago, DeadMansChest said:

It's line of sight based, similar to how Mesa's and Ash's ults target things

not sure if it´s really "line of sight". In my experience all you need to do is look into the approximate direction and press the button. In hydron, meteors were falling onto enemies behind walls, even when I was at the lower level on the defense objective they did drop outside of that room.

If you stand on the big middle column in the Simulacrum, the enemies left and right are complete out of sight. But they still get bombarded.

But it´s certainly not "on target".

Edited by IamLoco

1 minute ago, IamLoco said:

not sure if it´s really "line of sight". In my experience all you need to do is look into the approximate direction and press the button. In hydron, meteors were falling onto enemies behind walls, even when I was at the lower level on the defense objective they did drop outside of that room.

But it´s certainly not "on target".

Right, I think what has a lot of people confused is that the "blast radius" listed in the ability tool tip is actually how far your los works. 

At least after some testing that is what I concluded. The ability is limited not just to the enemies in front of you, but they also must be within 25m (base)

So if anyone is casting the ability at enemies in los but outside the blast radius they still wont get hit. Making it appear some times that you must target the enemy directly.

I like the new Vauban a lot, but it need some work and tweaking.
I think you nailed the direction Vauban should go and took care for more mobility, something he lacked before the rework.

1. Tesla Nervos.
    1. The balls move too slow. I suggest increasing the speed. It's amazing when it hit enemies, but they don't hit them often enough because they are so slow.
    2. I would like to see the balls marked on the minimap a little better as well. The balls tend to run off to some distant enemy and I would much rather they will stun an enemy next to me. Might be a side effect of the slow movement.
  2. Minelayer.
    1. Tether Coil seems a little clunky. It latch to enemies but the enemies tend to fly away and move too much from allied fire, which will get the enemies stuck behind a container or some other obstacle in the level.
    2. Flechette Orb is decent. I would like it if the Tesla Nervos could pick these up and carry around to deal more damage. Like Octavia.
    3. Vector Pad is decent for mobility, it's practical. It got an unecessary delay before it can actually be used. It is possible to throw it and not getting launched by it because we stepped on it too soon.
    4. Overdriver is good and I like it also attachs to companians and NPC's.
      1. Overdriver tend to prioritize attaching to companians and NPC's more then the squad mates themselves. We can keep throwing these balls and only one of them will attach to a squad mate. Overdriver should prioritize attaching to squad mates over companias and NPC's.
      2. I would like to know how many Overdrivers I have active at any given time and the duration.
  3. Photon Strike
    I like it.
  4. Bastille
    Awsome. I like the control there is on this ability.

So Ember and Vauban were some of my most played frames...

Vauban early feedback
I kinda feel like he was nerfed in a couple of ways... 
1) Cast time nerf seems terrible,  please make that faster
2) Swap positions and casting costs of the 3 and 4. Vauban is still a CC frame,  so having a spammable fast CC is more important than having a nuke.  The 100 base cost for something you have to throw a bunch over the map is a punch in the face...
3) Other abilities still seem like they won't really be used much

Ember early feedback
She feels okay... I need to play with her more.
1) Swap the 2 and 3 skill so Ember has a more expedient instant CC
2) It would be nice if you changes the KD with the old stun effect on fire blast.  With all of the changes KD changes lately you can't put in consistent damage because enemies are always flying around everywhere (looking at you new melee -_-")
3) Immolation meter is hard to hard to work around, and requires a bit of tweaking IMHO.  In theory I'd like to see it worked around a little bit...
   a) fire blast should add to the meter so you can keep people stunned or CC'd while building it.
   b) either 1 or 4 should drain it.
   c) make the ramp time more consistent
4) the 4 seems a little weak... it needs some love,  I'm just not sure how until I play with it more

Edited by sehafoc

Vauban -

Honestly... really feels it needs some buffs to his stats like health/armor etc, he's too squishy for what you're trying to use him for.

Abilities - general comment - slow animations/launch times

TESLA NERVOS (replacing Tesla Grenades) - it's ok but still a bit meh if I'm being honest. 

MINELAYER -

tether...ok but why when we have bastille?

flechette.... puncture damage isn't exactly great and it's pretty low damage

vector pad... yeah no

overdriver... ok but seems like an after thought so you could get 4 items into minelayer.

PHOTON STRIKE (Bastille moved to #4)

ok... but (not sure about this) it doesn't seem to have anything to attract enemies to the hit zone....

BASTILLE (combined with Vortex)

Well it's not as bad as it could be but it's so slow to trigger...

Biggest issue.... why would I use vauban over other 'cc' frames.  Just take khora for example, she has better health etc (don't go nerfing her, buff vauban instead), she can do tether and bastille but better (imo) and I'd say venari is pretty good at dealing damage as well, let alone her whip and her augments.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sannleikur said:

Passive: Overall I approve of the passive, tho even post lvl 100 in ESO it seems hard to get more than 65%, which I hope isn't close to the cap.

I've gotten up to 90% extra power strength, so the cap might be 100%

Also the drain on her 2 is way too much, I also believe the energy on her 3 should be removed and the cost only should be taken away from the meter on her 2, either that or reduce the power cost to 30 or 40. Ember is way too power hungry. :c

Immolation should drain much less energy at max. Other frames have 90% damage reduction abilities that can stay up for minutes and require no micromanagement. So it's current state is just strange and unecessary.

Ember is already massively energy hungry with the rate you have to spam abilities to do decent damage at high levels. I'm constantly running on empty despite modding for efficiency

• Like 1

Really enjoying Vauban. I continued to play him before his rework even though he kind of fell off. It's satisfying to dunk a Photon Strike on some goons. He still has enough CC to make high level missions a walk in the park. 

Ember! I feel awful that this is my feedback. Her meter is a little confusing to me. Gauss' meter was nerfed to the point that it's mostly irrelevant to how you play. It's more of a passive buff than something you manage and can very easily be ignored and still receive full benefit from it. Ember's meter is not like that. Which, should be a good thing! But, it's way too punishing, difficult, and boring to manage in my opinion. I have Zenurik, max Arcane Energize, Dethcube Prime with Energy Generator, use energy pizzas, and I still don't have enough energy to effectively manage and use her Immolation. If I had all of those energy generating abilities on any other frame, I could freely cast without a single worry. I do on Vauban and pretty much have a constant stream of Photon Strike raining down! 

Fire Blast costs way too much for what it does and being the only way to lower her meter. Her meter builds extremely quickly. I find Ember much more fun when either not using Immolation or if I do use it, just turning it off when it reach 90% since it only takes a few moments to ramp up to the point of draining a max Prime Flow Ember. 

I honestly wanted Ember to become like a Bright Wizard from Warhammer. And, she gets really close! Her most Bright Wizard-like ability kind of ruins it though. Either Immolation needs some changes/tweaks or Fire Blast does. I feel awful for it because I preferred Gauss when you actually had to manage his meter. Now that you don't have to and Ember actually has a meter that you have to manage else it's very detrimental, I'm annoyed by it because of how difficult it is. I just rain to light everyone on fire. Immolation's current iteration makes that really tedious to do. 

It's entirely possible I'm playing her wrong. If anyone has any tips to playing her more effectively, I'm happy to hear them! Being at 67/68 on frames, she's currently by far the most energy hungry frame I've played. Purely because of her Immolation and interactions with Fire Blast. 

Going to continue playing her and see if something clicks! She's still new. Still possible for there to be something to learn that changes it up a bit. 

Edit: Oh! Kind of went on a rant. I do think Ember is more fun than she was before despite the Immolation meter and my issues with it. 

Edited by Banette

Vauban

Tesla Nervos - I like the idea but the ai seems wonky on them

Minelayer

• Tether - Only two enemies at time makes this pretty lame
  • Flechette - Its cute but not very useful for damaging enemies, too inconsistent
  • Overdriver - Damage boosts are nice I suppose, needs better indicators of where they are though
  • Vector - Just a plain silly, really should not exist in my opinion

Mine layer I think should take inspiration from Wisp's reservoirs ability in how it should function and indicators of range of the mines.

Photon Strike - Cool idea but it is WAY too slow to fire, yeah you can vortex enemies but that shouldn't be mandatory. 

Bastille/Vortex - Armor stripping is nice but I think it should be faster. I really like being able to collapse the bastille into the vortex.

Overall Vauban needs a speed increase across the board to his casting animations. The animations look cool but they just make Vauban slow. Also Vauban's survivability is still hot garbage, he gets shredded. How about instead of the silly vector pad he gets some sort of mine to increase his effective HP.

• Like 2

As a hardcore Vauban main I'm gonna type some feedback about his kit.

1. Tesla Nervos:

The rollers are way too slow to keep up with the current speed in Warframe. The old Tesla had some pros to it like being able to snipe cameras with a quick toss of one Tesla. It's decent for a 1st skill, but honestly serves little to no purpose in actual missions unless you want to play around with the augment which is great when the Teslas actually reach their target.

• To improve the rollers, I would make them a lot faster and maybe even teleport them with the Vauban player (Wisp's Shock is so much better as it follows the player around)

2.0 Minelayer:

This ability as a whole feels still like a mess. It's impossible to micromanage the currently selected mine during heated battles and it's just better to stick with one of them.

• In this case I'd probably just combine the Flechette Orb and Overdriver somehow and scrap the other two.

2.1 Tether Coil:

This one is quite redundant. Seems to work randomly on enemies and they get stuck to geometry like 95% of the time. Not to mention the puny cap of 2 enemies held. The only use for this one is sniping cameras in Spy missions etc. (which was the old Tesla's job before the rework).

2.2 Flechette Orb:

It's decent fun to use in "lower" level missions. Of course the damage output isn't the best and scales poorly, but it's still decent.

2.3 Vector Pad:

Meh, you can have some fun with decent str build, but that's about it. It doesn't really serve any purpose in Vauban's kit.

2.4 Overdriver:

The best of the bunch, gives decent damage boost to yourself and allies.

• The duration could be longer, seems like you can't even refresh its duration by recasting it again.
  • It's hard to give it to yourself/your target as pets can also pick it up.
  • To make it really shine, make it possible for the operator to pickup the buff.

3. Photon Strike:

Photon Strike is mostly amazing. Great effects, good damage, scales well and the range is pretty much spot on. The only thing that bothers me is the long casting time especially on air and the long windup time before the strike. The old Vauban was unique before as all of his abilities were off-hand actions and they required little to no casting time. The new animations look good, but the Vauban's squishy playstyle suffers way too much because of them.

• Casting time should be a lot faster (especially on air)
  • Windup time before the strike should be faster

4.1 Bastille:

Aah, my favorite skill of the old Vauban's kit. The added armor strip is amazing, but it seems to only work on enemies that are held by the Bastille. Enemies stunned by other abilities/ragdolls/elemental effects completely bork its functionality. Also forcing it to turn into a Vortex at the end feels really awkward to me. We can turn them into Vortexes if we want, why force it? Also just like with Photon Strike, the new animations are just way too slow. This is Vauban's bread and butter and only thing that keeps him alive. Making him take forever to cast it just makes him even more prone to damage and dying.

• Armor strip should apply to ALL enemies within the Bastille's range (whether held by the actual Bastille or not)
  • Remove the forced Vortex conversion at the end
  • Energy cost should be lowered back to 75

4.2 Vortex:

Vortex got pretty much only buffs with the rework. The range addition and the synergy with Photon Strike make Vortex a blast.

• Energy cost should be lowered to 75

All in all I'm happy that Vauban received his long awaited rework. It may not be perfect, but it's still better than the old one. The casting animations for his 3/4 and the armor strip functionality on his Bastille are the most pressing problems at the moment. With a few tweaks and fixes he can be in a very good spot. 🚂

Edited by Judqment8
  • Like 1

EMBER REWORK:

She's MUCH more useful than before, that's for sure, but she needs a couple of tweaks to be perfect.

• Her one is completely useless and pointless in anything but low level content and only if you don't have a decent weapon. It either needs an additional utility effect or it needs to be moddable like Hildryn's 1.
  • Her 3 needs the line-of-sight requirement removed. Because of this requirement (and especially since line-of-sight seems super buggy) it often misses enemies that appear to be right in front of you and is super frustrating and not fun. I suggesting reducing the range but removing the line-of-sight requirement

VAUBAN FEEDBACK:

• His 1 is pointless
  • The only ability is his 2 that's worth casting is Overdriver
  • His 3 is pointless in any high level content. Charged staticor shots do more aoe DPS
  • His 4 is amazing
Edited by JonnyOptimus
Further edits to Ember after spending more time playing her
  • Like 3

Should be noted that Immolation in the drain state follows some off-brand version of channeled ability logic and how it stops energy regen.

Unlike the usual channeled ability energy regen logic, instead you have Rage and Hunter Adrenaline not grant energy on health damage but now Trinity can grant you energy.

????

23 hours ago, TKDancer said:

i currently have 3 issues with vauban:

1st, the flechette orbs feels weak, something i expect when it was introduced, improvements to its status chance and changing its damage type to slash would great improve it, as it stands i see no use for it as photon strike is just superior

2nd, bastille armor stripping effect seems to ONLY work on enemies in the "floaty" animation, enemies within the bastille being stunned by tesla orbs or being ragdolled by another vortex or stuck by a tether coil are not affected by the armor debuff, making combined use of vauban's abilities damage his efficacy

3rd, tether coils limit of 2 targets seems rather low

4th, with how often he's casting all his toolkit, I feel his Overdriver should target and activate on all party members that are within its range.

5th, he needs a heavy nerf on his particle effects. Same for Ember. There's so many particles going on--especially when you stack multiple Vortex's--that it gets pretty damn hard to see.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 3

Inferno's enemy targeting is extremely weird. Running Tikal just now it seemed like a couple of blades of grass was enough for the mob to be considered Not In LOS. Also it wouldn't work if the mob was on a branch above me even though I could clearly see all but it's feet in my targeting reticle. Cast animation, but no meteors.

I have a problem with how they handle her using immolation.
With 175% efficiency, 105% duration I have got the minimum drain on immolation (2.5 per second) and minimum cost of abilities. With the Fire Blast Augment (Healing Flame), Vitality, and Hunter Adrenaline energy can still be consumed faster than I gain it due to have to cast my 3 multiple times to stabilize and also waiting for enemies to attack me. Yes I can drop immolation, but the problem with doing that is I lose my damage reduction and the added benefits to my abilities. The Inferno (Exothermic) augment, while good for energy, will not out beat the Fire Blast Augment combined with hunter adrenaline, especially when your goal is to do longer runs.

-My suggestion is make Immolation a resource instead of something that will cost you energy because you filled it up. Gauss's battery is basically the same as immolation, but it doesn't punish or force you to use it.

-The other suggestion is to make Immolation make abilities such as Fire Blast cost less to use the more your immolation bar is filled as to counteract the constant need to stabilize after inferno fills it up at a faster rate. This would make it where you aren't actively punished for filling up the bar because you can easily empty it.

Hello everyone. 

I rarely post on forums but as Ember/Ember Prime is my favorite frame I have some issues with this rework. Originally I was hoping this rework would spark new life into this frame but it seems to have killed any remaining fire I had for her. 

To break some information down. Her older playstyle hadmany options. But the important thing to note while she was usually energy hungry she truly felt like dps on the move. Her WOF was a cast and forget. I can move shoot jump and the effect continued. It added to my total dps while not stopping me from shooting. Her 1 was only useful in niche places and RoF and Accelerant were there to help cc enemies and power up. 

Now her be form. It hurts. 1 is still basically useless... To the point of in years of playing I have cast it under 100 times ... And that's depressing. 

2 is so energy hungry. If you don't cast 3 often forget it. No energy left to do anything else. Which is counter productive btw. I have to spend energy for armor reduction. To maintain the armor reduction I have to spend alot more energy. Look at rhino. One cast moderate energy massive armor buff. No maintenance. Nezha. Single cast no maintenance. Here I have to cast another spell to maintain AR and at the cost of energy. 

3rd ability makes me cry. It hurts so bad. The armor strip is nice. But she has lost her flair for stunning a whole room for 3 seconds. The cost is extreme even if running full eff builds. It's mostly there to reduce 2 heat but it also TAKES AWAY YOUR PROTECTION. Imagine if when rhino gave roar buff he lost all armor stacks. You would never roar. I have to press 3 to save my AR. And it hurts. 

4th ability is huge damage. But you won't have the energy to cast it often and with purpose. It's a cool nuke idea. But bad execution. I already played alot of new ember and I can't stay alive to do anything. Old WoF game me cc as I ran around. Made me feel safe even when just running and gunning. I can't play ember in my high level content anymore. I have to switch to nidus... And that hurts me the most. 12 formats in ember prime. Had her since release and now she's unplayable.

DE I want a refund on this ember. This is the worst rework I have ever seen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zendadaist said:

Inferno's enemy targeting is extremely weird. Running Tikal just now it seemed like a couple of blades of grass was enough for the mob to be considered Not In LOS. Also it wouldn't work if the mob was on a branch above me even though I could clearly see all but it's feet in my targeting reticle. Cast animation, but no meteors.

And on the Grineer Ship tileset, the targeting issues I was having on the Earth tileset are mostly gone...

This is with just 170% strength, the base passive, and hitting 8x Fireball combo. Her 3 is always maxed out in endurance, so removing 100% of the armor can be done on command.
A complaint here is the absurd energy drain for 90% DR with small bonuses, when many other DPS frames can hit high DR with more efficiency.
4384be2dea5dcf175a1d8d80024a8b82.png

Ember feels clunky and like a entirely different warframe from what you had her as for so long. The issues with the new kit have been covered elsewhere rather well but I only wonder why she got a complete redesign from a wide area dps to.... this. There may be complaints about enemy clearing to fast for some but she is not the only guilty party and worse others became more efficient at it .
Why did she have to be turned into a tanky heat spammer rather than a different option for the area dps? 

Dear Devs, 

Thanks for trying to bring Vauban back to life, however I think this rework did not solve the reason why Vauban wasnt played. For me Vauban wasnt suitable into higher lvl mission due to lack of defense, complicated build decisions and as well as complicated gameplay in general (in terms of usage of all 4 skills). 

About his current skills: 

Tesla Nervos - this is really nice and good improvement. Status chance is visible and helpful, its flexible as it moves around. Nicely done.

Minelayer - This one is troublesome. Changes here nice and I am really happy that vauban now can boost a bit of a team. However, as with previous mines - this one remains complicated and slow to use. In heat of battle it is not practical. I am focusing too much to pick right mine and till I throw it...often time the right moment is gone. And now it is even more slower due to animation. It looks good, but this animation slows down this skill too much. 

Tether coil - in my opinion this one is useless. Unless it scales with power and allows me to bond at least 5-10 enemies I will not have any motivation to use it. But then it would be weaker copy of his 4th skill. So atm this skill is for me only slowdown for another mines.

Fletcher orb - looks amazing and I like it. Smaller room and couple of orbs can do nasty dmg and cleaning it whole.

Vector pad and OverdriveI will connect those two together since they have huge common problem. Cast time and animation = huge slowdown. Both of these skills are unique and amazing for team however Warframe is fast paced game. Till I charged it and till animation of throw passed - often time my mine did not fill its puprose. Its really hard to boost own team with dmg since they move around and lots of time I am not able to give the boost at 1st throw and as well if they are close I might have to throw more mines to give boost the player I want. Vector pad has the same problem. I saw long narrow corridor and I wanted to boost speed of whole team. Ended up I missed it up and till I throw it - mine landed behind us - giving us no speed boost. These two skills need to immediate throw or it will cause vauban spend most of the time trying to hit players instead of playing fluently with killing and team-boosting. It would also help a lot if Overdrive has small range and boost all players within the range of impact so vauban wouldnt have to charge and try to aim for each player individualy when they stand close to each other. And maybe increase base duration a bit. 

Photon Strike - This skills allow Vauban to do some nice combos with this 4th skill. But honestly it is just row dmg and fancy skill which lose its usage very fast once enemy scales a bit. I like it, but I dont see any purpose in it. After lvl 50 enemies it will not be reliable source of dmg anymore. 

Bastille - Here you did amazing job. That skill now rocks! Maybe fasten up armor striping a bit since enemies usually will not last in bastille that long. Eitherway team kills them too fast or vauban will need to cluster enemies fast to be more flexible in battle so the effect will not be that strong. But still I really like what you did here. 

Conclusion: Atm Vauban is very complicated warframe. There are lots of great ideas in him, but that is the problem. There is too much inside of him. Too many skills to pick, too slow casting is causing that his gameplay is not fluent and lots of time vauban loses the oportunity to set combo in right moment. It would help a lot to make him bit simple. 

Too many charge abilities which requires holding down buttons and slowish animation will get me killed in real heat of battle. Maybe it would be better if he dropped 4 tesla nervos at once. Speed up bit throw animation and make boosting mines to be instant throw to desired location. 

in heat of battle I found myself I am not using 1st skill a lot due to fact that I am focusing on other skills and thinking too much and trying to hit enemies in right moment. Rotating too much of his 2nd skill - just to get right mine and still having troubles due to fast movement to hit right place where I would boost players so I am ending up chasing players just to boost them. And even with 40 sec boost - once I finish boosting whole team - I can start chasing them again. 

Focusing too much on combos with 4th and 3rd skill that I am not using 1st and 2nd and thats pity. 

Atm his gameplay is just not fluent enough. It would help to make him more friendly to use, but still with combo focused. E.g. less mines in minelayer. Also instead laser he could get some kind shielding or protection ability.

EDIT: 

Minelayer is limited to 4 traps which does not help. Would help to remove this limit as well. 

+ after consideration - Vector orb is kidna useless. Only few times you find really long corridor where this skill can help players...most of the time it will push player hard to wall - immobilizing him for 1-2 sec which can be deadly or pushing him out of map or into map holes which will lead to player getting stucked.. 

Also now when I went high end survival - vauban was really helpless even with hard crowd control he is just too squishy. Please, give him some shielding ability or something which keeps him alive. Thanks.

Edited by HellRisen
  • Like 1

I have two big problems with Immolation- one it has a drawback. So many other frames get the full benefit of their abilities (and many would argue they are also stronger abilities) without the kind of drawback ember gets.

Second there is no "sweet spot." You are either empty, half or full. If you are full you cast Fire Blast and you are now half. Twice and you're at empty. If you cast your 4 you are VERY quickly full. You can sort of maintain the upper half if you want to micromanage the hell out of it, but the more you cast your other abilities the more you have to keep an eye on it.

You also only get the full benefit if you are overheated. I would like to have the option to get to full heat and stay around that state, not constantly bouncing up and down. Fires don't do this ebb and flow crap, that's water. Fire burns hot and keeps burning till the fuel is gone. Ember should heat up and stay hot as long as there are enemies to burn.

Overall, I'm loving the Vauban changes. However, there are a few things that could use some tweaks. 

1. Flechette Orb feels like it could be a decent corridor lockdown device if it could hit targets consistently. The damage isn't too terrible (works for most cannon fodder with modest strength mods until higher levels), but the randomness of the shots leaves much to be desired. Allowing it to lock on to a couple of enemies could make it more worthwhile to use (capable of dealing with a few weaker units on its own, but unable to deal with a massive squad marching in without help). 

2. Vector pad has very little usage in actual gameplay. Allies aren't that likely to actually try using it for mobility, and there are better ways to move enemies around with Vauban's kit such as Vortex or even Tether Coil (the latter could use either a scaling enemy cap or a larger cap in general). Replacing it with something that can block damage like Stasis Field or even a smaller duration-based Frost globe could help Vauban significantly more than a limited momentum increase. 

3. Photon Strike takes too long to fire to be of much use in most squads with teammates that are kill hungry (especially the likes of Mesa, Saryn, etc). The power level is fairly acceptable in most situations in combination with the right ability for the right faction, such as a few seconds under Bastille's armor strip for Grineer. Reducing the activation time by at least one second should alleviate this issue (and if needed, a slight delay before recasting Photon Strike should be acceptable). 

4. The cap on the amount of Tesla Nervos drones you can have feels a little unfair for the kind of ability it is. At most I've caught a squad of 4 or possibly 5 enemies in the Nervos trap while the rest of the batallion moves around unscathed. Having at least 6 or 8 would have a fairly significant effect on an enemy squad. This doesn't even need to be all in one cast, the max could be split between 2 fully charged casts.

Beyond those points, Vauban feels pretty good and fun compared to his old self. Hoping to see some more improvements across the board for those that need it.

EDIT: Apparently Flechetre Orb does have some form of lock-on mechanic, however I've noticed a bit of randomness on whether or not it will use said lock-on. Sometimes it sits there shooting at random with nearby enemies, while other times I've seen it try to shoot an enemy standing on a walkway above it

Edited by JoeMania