Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Kuva Liches / Parazon / Kuva Weapons / Etc. Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Not my Lich per se, but I was a in a game and a Lich generated with a fairly controversial name. Now I don't personally have a problem with it, and think censorship in media is getting ridiculous. (A certain Nezha topic comes to mind...) But I can admit that having a Lich named letter for letter after a militant group fairly known in the world could anger quite a few people. Perhaps there's a way to tweak the algorithm of name generation for Liches to prevent such a name from occurring.

Again, I'm against censorship, but seeing a Lich named Hamas might legitimately upset some people.

TL;DR:

A rando I was with had a Lich named after Hamas, a Palestinian militant group. Wondering if you can change that from happening in the future. And no I sadly don't have screenshots as he was taken down rather quickly and I simply forgot in time.

I think should be something to know the liches that we have as friend, dunno something simple like a canal in the radio with some little voice line.

In the other hand like other feedbacks sais, the way of obtained Mods is kind of long, and may be if we can refine the relic no with void traces because is really hard, obtained the relic, refine the relic, and if you don't get enough traces you needed to farm it, and so that in the end you don't get the Mod you were looking for.

Leaving that aside the Lich is a very interesent enemy and I like it

The Kuva Lich system has some really great potential and already helps with the existing issues of giving more purpose/reason to run nodes/planets that we've already cleared (especially lower lvl ones).  That said, it has some significant issues that need to be addressed if its ever going to realize any part of that potential.

Kuva Lich Hunting is not rewarding enough: the biggest issue is that hunting liches simply is not worth the several hours of grinding through multiple layers of RNG that go into lich hunting.  Once players have all the weapons and ephemeras there is literally no reason to bother hunting liches other than to try and get a better weapon bonus.  If players are going to hunt liches long-term, there needs to be an incentive to do so.  Converted Kuva Liches also need improvements and overall need to be more worthwhile other than to keep meme-worthy lich names - if converted kuva liches aren't able to be hired for our Railjack crew, i'll be massively disappointed.

- Problems with Duplicate Kuva Weapons: While the Valence Transfer does help with this, there is nothing to address the issue of duplicate weapons with a bonus lower than your current one.  Suggestions for potential solutions are already out there, such as fusing lower-bonus weapons with others to increase the bonus.

- Problems with Kuva Weapon RNG: with the hunts not being rewarding enough and lower-bonus duplicate weapons being useless, this makes the weapon RNG feel even worse. It is incredibly demotivating when you get 3+ same weapons in a row that all have lower bonuses than your current one because now you are locked into wasting your time and mod-charges to hunt a lich for literally no gain.  The current fix suggested in the dev workshop post in making so that same weapon can't drop twice in a row does nothing to fix this problem, as you can still get stuck in RNG loops, just instead of AAAA, its now ABAB.  One of the best suggestions I've seen is to simply allow the Kuva Larvlings to use the weapon they will have as a lich - this way players can choose on whether this is a lich they want to lock themselves into or not. 

- Kuva Lich Insta-kills because of wrong mods/order feels bad and cheap, and Should be Changed: This is literally like playing Reverse Russian Roulette - there is no skill involved nor does it feel fair or fun.  Right now, it ironically feels like the players are the lich - dying and coming back repeatedly until we eventually win.  Instead of them killing us because of wrong mods/order, we should be killing them, and they should be coming back stronger (which would fit more in-line with the whole Lich theme).  However, the Lich SHOULD have some means to insta-kill the player in normal combat - perhaps doing a certain attack that opens us up for a parazon-like finisher (perhaps using that kuva dagger-looking thing as shown in some of the WIP animations / what the Grineer Queen used?).

-Kuva Liches need greater variety:  What is presently in-game is a good start, we just need a bit more of it : more personalities, quirks, dialogue, and voice types for both genders to help keep things from feeling so samey across multiple liches.

- Kuva Lich's trophy head of it's progenitor frame doesn't make much sense: while interesting, it doesn't make sense for a lich to wear the head of a frame it didn't actually kill on its shoulder.  It would be more interesting if the lich wore the head of the frame you used when it last killed you, and had something similar to the Stratos Emblem on its other shoulder that keeps track of the total number of times it kills you.

- The Murmur grind gets very monotonous: right now, the only way to get murmurs is from thralls and several of the mission types just seem to turn into exterminates which doesn't help the repetitiveness of it, especially when considering the amount of murmurs you need to collect.  It would be more interesting if various game modes were adapted for the Kuva Lich system, and overall having more ways to indirectly interact with your lich.  It would be cool for Lich-Territory missions to be crossfires with the home faction if it's not initially owned by Grineer.  It would also be cool if there were special heist missions or something that we could run to get some of our stuff back without needing to kill the lich first as well as missions that provide other means to get murmur progress besides stabbing thralls.  There some great suggestions in the thread linked below.

- Requiem Mods shouldn't be consumable, and Relics rewards should be changed: I personally do not like the nature of consumable items and the RNG tied into getting copies of all the requiem mods over and over just makes these feel even worse.  An idea that I have is that the mods should be permanent and a new resource should be used to recharge a dead requiem mod.  Items that you only need 1 copy of don't make for good relic rewards though and as such should be removed from them.  Relics could then be condensed into one relic type (greatly reduces the RNG grind for relics) and drop this new resource instead of the mods (gets rid of the RNG of needing the right mods to drop).  Since DE already mentioned something about making characters more relevant, the mods could by sold by Teshin (who seems the most likely one of our allies to know about kuva liches), purchasable with the same stuff used to recharge the mods.  If this ever did actually get implemented, Teshin could also serve part of a mini-quest to introduce players to the kuva lich system, where they get directed to him upon creating their first lich and he could guide players on what they need to do to defeat them.  Regardless of whether or not something like this actually happens, Amber Stars need to be removed from relics and replaced by something like Forma BP (given the 65 we need to rank up all the weapons)

Edited by Lokidus_Prime
  • Like 1

Oh this will be my first post it will be feedback

At this current point it feels like the Kuva Lich isn't actually a rival but more of a nuisance. There isn't anything engaging about it, it seems like a randomized enemy based on your warframe with a random weapon then sent to harass you in certain areas before you handle it. But I think everyone else has covered what is wrong with this system and I will just suggest this, if it was mentioned before sorry

Kuva Currency (Incentive for killing Others Liches and Replayability)

Incentive to deal with other kuva liches is a bit hard. Right now there is no benefit, even if I try to kill other player's lich its a bit chaotic if they don't. So I would suggest.

1. Adding a Steel Meridian Store or (When you convert your first Lich) which takes "Currency" dropped by Liches which every player gets regardless if the player parazons it or not as long as the Lich is downed. This currency could be used to:

- Riven Slivers, Lich Beacons, Sabotage Lich Weapon (Lich gets new weapon), Steel Meridian Hunts the Lich(Removes Current Lich) for the player and other things. A weekly store that is similar to Baro but with a more limited inventory. It would add a bit more to variation.

Edited by Grimalkyne
  • Like 2

Liches-

Duplicate low-roll liches need a use desperately. Getting a better roll on an element you like is good, but getting a lower roll, or even just a weaponn you don't care about and already have mastered, and having to spend the next hour or two (or longer, depending on thrall and lich spawning) clearing it from your list, is awful. Perhaps lower roll lich weapons can be used to upgrade your current weapon of that type by some %, so that no matter how bad your RNG is, you’re getting that +60 eventually. Perhaps kuva weapons could be broken down for kuva (it’s in the name) and/or other resources that are worth having.

Converting needs to be a more functional feature. Liches that flip through missions briefly… aren’t impressive. Whether the duration needs to be improved, whether they need to almost be remote allies…. Something needs to be done.

Liches in themselves need to be more rewarding-simply getting back stolen items isn't that satisfying when its items I should have had in the first place.

Cooperativity-

Give us a reason to help with each others liches. Make the whole group feel good, and rewarded, for someone defeating their lich, and make the group gain and commiserate from someone being defeated by their lich. Perhaps a defeated lich drops a requiem relic, and simply bring the shared murmurs back.

Integration-

Liches need to interact with the rest of Warframe. Perhaps this is a deliberate choice while in a testing stage, but playing normal missions does nothing for my lich, and playing lich missions does nothing for the rest of the game. This needs to change. Perhaps liches can "mark" players for clearing missions, and then show up like assassins, causing thralls to spawn in that match. Lich-clearing missions need to have noticable rewards related to the rest of the game. Rare resources, normal relics, small amounts of kuva... anything to not feel like we're simply putting our entire game on hold.

Edited by SolarDwagon

45 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Liches need to interact with the rest of Warframe. Perhaps this is a deliberate choice while in a testing stage, but playing normal missions does nothing for my lich, and playing lich missions does nothing for the rest of the game. This needs to change. Perhaps liches can "mark" players for clearing missions, and then show up like assassins, causing thralls to spawn in that match. Lich-clearing missions need to have noticable rewards related to the rest of the game. Rare resources, normal relics, small amounts of kuva... anything to not feel like we're simply putting our entire game on hold.

Under absolutely no circumstances should Liches have any kind of influence. Thanks to RNG, my lich is now level 120 and literally nothing can hurt him, while his invisible Tonkor oneshots even through 90% DR. If he had any influence on the regular game, it'd approach a soft-lock state. This system is broken as hell and needs to be removed entirely pending a rework while the kuva weapons get put on the market or in the labs. 

EDIT: I've uninstalled the game while waiting for a fix. I can't play WF right now because the lich is just sitting there reminding me that the game is broken. I am allergic to bad game design and the lich system in its entirety is exemplary of that. Too much RNG, and the fight against the lich is atrociously designed. I want to play the game really badly because the Vauban rework is amazing, but I can't handle the frustration that the game is giving me. Every time I play it, I just end up in a godawful mood, purely due to the lich. 

This is the absolute worst patch in Warframe's lifespan. I wish I'd never started a lich.

Edited by Colyeses

24 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Under absolutely no circumstances should Liches have any kind of influence. Thanks to RNG, my lich is now level 120 and literally nothing can hurt him, while his invisible Tonkor oneshots even through 90% DR. If he had any influence on the regular game, it'd approach a soft-lock state. This system is broken as hell and needs to be removed entirely pending a rework while the kuva weapons get put on the market or in the labs. 

EDIT: I've uninstalled the game while waiting for a fix. I can't play WF right now because the lich is just sitting there reminding me that the game is broken. I am allergic to bad game design and the lich system in its entirety is exemplary of that. Too much RNG, and the fight against the lich is atrociously designed. I want to play the game really badly because the Vauban rework is amazing, but I can't handle the frustration that the game is giving me. Every time I play it, I just end up in a godawful mood, purely due to the lich. 

This is the absolute worst patch in Warframe's lifespan. I wish I'd never started a lich.

You mean, thanks to you repeatedly engaging in a system that had been clearly outlined to you as to how your lich levelled up? Unless you're saying you got fantastically unlucky and managed to take every possible wrong combination for your lich, in which case get some help and kill him now you have the right one. Cooperation is awesome! Or just grab Valkyr, which I'm a little mad I didn't think of myself earlier.

And having an assassin that can actually threaten us is a bad thing... how?

But yes, this might be why they currently don't interact with the rest of the game. But at least give us the odd thrall in non-lich missions on the same planet so that murmur progress isn't just sitting there outside the rest of the game while our stuff gets stolen because we took a break to do sortie. Regardless of the current state, having them as isolated gameplay is bad for their long term viability.

35 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

I'm only MR5 and I've killed maybe ten liches so far. Several were max rank.
By no means were those fights easy, but hard != broken. Maybe you don't like the skill development aspect of tackling difficult content, and that's fine I suppose, but can you clarify why you don't just play non-Lich content? It seems a bit weird that you would call for the removal of content specifically on the grounds that it is too difficult for you.

57 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Unless you're saying you got fantastically unlucky and managed to take every possible wrong combination for your lich

That is exactly the case. Khra, Ris and Vome, I had all the murmurs done. Tried Ris and Vome, both were wrong for first slot. Tried Khra, Vome, Ris, Vome and Ris were the wrong way around. It's a guessing game and I am notorious for getting really, really, REALLY bad RNG. I had to run the Kuva spy about 30 times to get Harrow. This garbage is punishing me for things I don't have control over. I'd screenshot the log, but I've uninstalled the game.

57 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

And having an assassin that can actually threaten us is a bad thing... how?

It wouldn't be a bad thing if it was a fair fight. The Hydrolyst can also kill me, but he does it with attacks that are telegraphed, so I can avoid them. At that point, the onus is on me to outplay him.

This lich just launches invisible explosives that OHKO me even through Gara's 90% DR. If I shoot him, I can break his shield, but he then teleports to a new location, hiding out for a few seconds to refill his shield while also lobbing more invisible grenades my way. That's not a fair fight. That's not a fight at all. Warframe is just number crunching.

The average challenge in Destiny is miles higher, but it's also way better balanced because there's proper audiovisual feedback and damage numbers to and fro are actually kept in check. You always have options, you always have tools available to you that can stem the tide against any kind of enemy. There's very strong counterplay to everything the game throws at you. In Warframe, however, it's always the same answer. Min-max the crap out of your gear. Play a hard tank frame with the latest cookie cutter build primary and you're done. 

46 minutes ago, thurmack said:

Maybe you don't like the skill development aspect of tackling difficult content, and that's fine I suppose, but can you clarify why you don't just play non-Lich content?

The lich content has nothing to do with skill, it's purely number crunching. I liked the murmur farming, I liked facing high level enemies. The lich is just unbreakable and oneshots everything. A full team of a Wukong, two Inaros and a Gara were constantly getting downed and couldn't scratch him. It's just broken.

And the fact that it's broken and so damn poorly designed is the reason I can't play WF right now, even non-lich content. Because playing Warframe also means being confronted with the lich, which just immediately stresses me out and puts me in a godawful mood. I am seriously allergic to bad game design, and when something as atrocious as this pops up, it makes my skin crawl and I just have to keep my distance.

Edited by Colyeses
  • Like 1

Hi there. These are some ideas thrown around there.

PARAZON(Executions)

- Make enemies have a chance to go invulnerable for 5 seconds before dying giving you a chance to finish them ( surviving having his arm or leg choped off or crawling begging for mercy)

- Execution cosmetics/augments - give your kills some flare - from petals of blood to melting them or their face 

- Unique or common executions that can be unlocked or bought - Titania: rip enemy apart with butterflies// Valkyr(hysteria)/Rhino - Grab enemy in the air and rip in half // Khora - have her kitty make a mess // Nova - shrink and stomp

KUVA LICH:

- Add attack or Aoe indicator like a red circle for AOE and Glow red for a focused attack ( everything happens so fast and the charge animations are very sped up giving you next to no time to dodge.

- Let us destroy their traps with guns (shock Lich)

- Remove the death penalty for missing a sequence since it serves no purpose and replace it with a debuff.

- Have the Lich make an entrance instead of spawning right in your face

- Lich trash mobs - Grinner with banners and Lich's sigils cheering the lich and supporting him in combat .

1 hour ago, Colyeses said:

The lich content has nothing to do with skill, it's purely number crunching. I liked the murmur farming, I liked facing high level enemies. The lich is just unbreakable and oneshots everything. A full team of a Wukong, two Inaros and a Gara were constantly getting downed and couldn't scratch him. It's just broken.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I had the same issue as you (lvl 5 lich with 59%ele bonus tonkor) and you might know, Tonkor liches are the most dangerous cause of huge blast damage nuke. But like all liches they die ultimately to a hard hitting weapon with the right element setup (see weakness in lich page). Also some warframes like nova can slow and allow you to deal 2x dmg to lich. If all these fails, rmb the tonkor has a travel distance of 6m before it can detonate to deal that blast dmg, therefore sticking relatively close to the lich (safe from grab distance ofc) would greatly reduce the dmg you receive, hope this helps.

41 minutes ago, -OP-Charlotte said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I had the same issue as you (lvl 5 lich with 59%ele bonus tonkor) and you might know, Tonkor liches are the most dangerous cause of huge blast damage nuke. But like all liches they die ultimately to a hard hitting weapon with the right element setup (see weakness in lich page). Also some warframes like nova can slow and allow you to deal 2x dmg to lich. If all these fails, rmb the tonkor has a travel distance of 6m before it can detonate to deal that blast dmg, therefore sticking relatively close to the lich (safe from grab distance ofc) would greatly reduce the dmg you receive, hope this helps.

Rubico prime with heat modifications (his weakness) can barely scratch him. I tried the Acceltra with heat, but it ran out of ammo before he'd lost even 1/10th of his first health bar. He just does not go down, even with a full squad hammering him. He does have trouble oneshotting when you get up close, but then you have to juggle the grab, and he can always just blink out on demand to create distance and resume tossing out oneshots like candy. 

And all the time you're trying, you have to play a select number of warframes, which sucks because I wanted to spend time with the Vauban rework, since that is actually fun. And to make matters worse, my lich often refuses to spawn, so you play entire missions as the wrong frame and you don't even get to -try- to kill him. It's just a clusterduck of really, really, -really- bad design.

So far i have killed almost 30 lich, i like the systen, it is fun, but could be better.

1- I need kuva drop chances from thralls back, since i have all the guns.

2- Since i got all the guns, i could now start to look for better bonuses, but RNG is kind of a "dismotivator"

3- Have a way to challenge your lich once u got all the words,

4- Add some more micelaneous rewards for killing the lich it self, like chances to drop forma BPs and the likes, since u need lots of formas for the guns, or each lich killed also drop a randon rare mod.

5- In all the lichs that i killed, i just got one ephemera, it makes me think that farming then is not worth...

6- When i'm playing with a friend, if his lich doesn't have influences like mine, his lich won't come for him when he is in my lich influence zone, it needs to be chanceg too.

So far i see it as a great addition for the game, hope to se more about it.

I keep spamming Rebecca and Steve with the link to the thread with my suggestions to the Kuva Lich system. I'll drop a link here, so more people might notice it.

I really hope that some of the DE staff will comment about it, so at least I know, should I continue playing the game or there is no more hope.

• Like 1

I've realized something, since DE wants to push more and more kuva related things... I can't help but think of the players that's going to be left behind, i mean the players that can't do eidolons, kuva siphons/floods, sorties and many other things... I for one can't do any of the aforementioned things, and i probably wont be able to do it for at least 2 more years, mainly because of the sheer "difficulty curve" i've done every quest (except "mask of the revenant") and i've got some ok-ish gear by now, but here's the thing... I'm not the only one, there's a lot of players that just get thrown into all this and decide "F this i'll do something else" and proceeds to never go any further because of the "curve" i mentioned earlier.

I realize that what i've written only applies to a fraction of players but still... We fight as one, lest we perish alone...

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the new melee system at all. why absolutely want to add keys? why remove the loaded shot? I do not understand your approach ... ?? personally, I did not take any pleasure in playing. I prefer by far the old system (practical, fast and intuitive). want to innovate is good, but innovate to do something more complicated is less well ... the aerial combos sound cool, but the ground attack "simple" is useless it will be more judicious to integrate the attack on the ground "powerful" and removed the "simple". in short, the new system amuses me less and when it does not amuses me I do not play more ... unfortunately with the system + the liches ... (wtf !!). no thanks, it's without me.

They drain all your combo meter in one go. Before you had to press a different button to trigger it, so it was safe.

Now it's longer press of the melee button..... which with a tiny ping hiccup can pop a heavy hit without you wanting to. Draining your entire bar.

Edit: Past 6 hours I have been using melee like normal. I tap, I don't long press. Yet time after time I would use heavy attacks when I didn't want to. Draining all my stacks. I noticed that the ping would spike a little most of these times. Not much, it happens often with no real impact. Unless you happen to be tapping the melee key and that spike tricks the host client into thinking you triggered a heavy blow. 

There's no way to remove it or turn it off. I looked. Heavy weapon users probably won't notice. However weapons with rapid attacks are boned.

Edited by AreeSoothsayer

On 2019-11-13 at 4:47 PM, Arsonistic said:

Heavy Attacks are slow and awkward. They can be made faster with mods, but then you're giving up mod slots that could have been used to buff all your melee attacks. It would be great if Heavy Attacks weren't so separated from normal attacks in modding, like for example if Speed (Wind-Up Time) scaled with +Attack Speed mods.

Blood Rush makes all other Crit Chance mods useless. It gives a bonus multitudes larger and is the cornerstone of any Crit build on melee.

Melee Crit builds are incompatible with Heavy Attacks. Blood Rush is the only reason to use Crit builds on melee (because without it Crit builds are weak), and since the bonus scales with combo you don't ever want to get rid of your combo stacks, i.e: you don't ever want to use Heavy Attacks. And no, this isn't solved by Combo Efficiency, cuz nobody is gonna sacrifice a mod slot that could have been used for damage instead.

Melee is a lot weaker for endgame content. With the strongest mods nerfed melee in general is a lot weaker for endurance runs, to the point where it's pretty much unusable.

wrong john c mcginley GIF

I have found that melee is the best option for endgame content, in my own time playing with it. I prevent more damage and decimate enemies faster. For the record, endurance runs are not endgame, nor the intended way for people to play the game. You can enjoy it if you want, but DE has zero desire to specifically support it. The game is balanced for around level 100-120 as the max level we're expected to face.

Second, melee crit builds are plenty compatible with Heavy Attacks! They make your HEAVY ATTACK red crit! It hits like a freight train when used well.

Heavy Attacks can be slow and awkward depending on the weapon and stance. This is the kind of thing that we should be using the Simulacrum to understand, so we can be more familiar with what our weapons do.
That said, there's room for improvement. Like with my Lecta - I have no idea where the weapon hits, or what it's range is. I want a better indicator of what exactly our Heavy Attack is doing.
Other than that, Heavy Attacks are OP

Seriously. Check that link. Everybody hating on the new melee is getting it wrong. Heavy Attack is the new meta. THIS BUILD IS STRONGER THAN OLD SPIN2WIN MEME STRIKE
Worth noting that Blood Rush is worthless for this build. So no - Blood Rush *DOES NOT* make all other Crit mods useless!

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Ok, I guess removing % from the liches is out of consideration, so I guess I'll suggest tweaks instead:

• We need straightforward incentive to help killing other people's liches. The murmur gained for every squad member was pretty good. I was having fun grinding Liches at that pace. Now it's just boring. Please bring it back, or something similar.
  • Can you allow us to optionally keep the original element with Valence Transfer? This way, weapons with high percentage but bad elemental will be worth something. Right now, if you don't have the right element choice for a weapon, it's pretty much worthless. There is nothing we can do with bad Liches.
  • Talking about bad Liches, we need an use for them. People already got it for MR fodder, so there are a lot of low %s Liches sitting around. It would be nice if we could sacrifice lower % weapons for Valence Transfer to improve the weapon by a bit, like +5%, for example. This would give an alternative for people to get their dream weapon and also put use to bad Liches.

That's all. The system overall has been improved since launch, and fortunately I've seen lesser bugs with each hotfix. I really appreciate the effort you are giving to it! Thanks!