Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Kuva Liches / Parazon / Kuva Weapons / Etc. Feedback

[DE]Danielle

The Kuva Lich grind makes me feel like I'm mining crypto currency with pen and paper.

1: Too many RNG gates. Requiem mods shouldn't be gated behind relics. They should come from some interaction with the Lich or the queens/guardians as that would make a lot more sense since they are born from the queens, not the void. If they are to stay gated behind relics, those relics should drop the same way normal relics do. For instance, Disruption on the Kuva Fortress should reward Requiem relics every round, rather than the laughable amount of Kuva it provides. At the very least the "mods" should be a common reward instead of uncommon ESPECIALLY considering that they are consumable.

As is, I have to grind kuva missions that are still trivial, but are longer and buggier to maaaaaybe get the relic that will maaaaybe give me a mod that I maaaaaybe need to kill my lich. I need to do this for at least 3 mods, and I have to figure out which order they go in. I'm actually not irritated with the Thrall system at all. It's a little over tuned at 150 kills, but it only takes an hour or so to get the intel. The thing is, it's easier, faster, and smarter to just guess and check instead of gathering intel, which negates the entire Thrall mechanic.

2: Why are requiem mods consumable? Oh right, to keep us grinding. Seems like a cheap way to increase content lifespan. Considering that the Liches are random and endless, I think it's pretty unnecessary to make the mods consumable. It would feel a lot better if you had to defeat the Lich 3 times under 3 different mod combos before you can kill / convert them. You could even make it so that each successful mod combo increases the the Kuva weapons stats, and each unsuccessful combination lowers them / changes the elemental bonus. This would give purpose to the Thrall mechanic too. IMO Making the requiem mods consumable seems like it was done to mask the awful rewards for killing a lich, which brings us to the next point.

3: The rewards are (most likely) total garbage. Completing a massive grind to receive a piece of MR fodder feels bad. It also seems uninspired. I really hope that more weapons are added, along with other more interesting rewards like cosmetics, big boy focus shards, Arcanes, ultra rare mods, radiant relics, etc. Basically things that are actually useful for end-game progression or fashion framing. If you're at a level to take on a Kuva Lich than you probably already have some pretty potent weapons. Being rewarded with something you don't need makes it all seem so pointless.

4: The parazon is bad. It killed my Inaros + covert lethality build which is how I got to endgame, so there's sentimental attachment there. My initial impression of Mercy kills is "Glory Kills from Doom, but clunky and pointless." The animations are awesome, so kudos to the team responsible for that, but I don't understand why I should run up to an enemy for a stab when simply shooting them again is faster, safer. and yields the same rewards. In Doom, glory kills serve a purpose other than looking cool, especially on nightmare and ultra nightmare difficulty aka endgame. Hacking was jarring the first time and I failed the cipher because I thought something was attacking me and I cancelled out. I get that it's a blade just like ROBOCop's, but should it really make ginsu noises when plugged into a computer terminal? I am almost certain that if I stab my computer with a kitchen knife, it will sound more like sparks and fire than it would sound like I am sharpening a sword. I could be wrong though, will have to test further.

5: The combo re-work for melee is awesome. I really like what's been done there. This opinion comes from a player who glanced at the combo screen almost 3 years ago and said "NOPE! Button mashing is the only combo I need to know!" The range nerf isn't as bad as I expected, but it does still seem over nerfed. My Primed Reach mod doesn't seem primed anymore, but my polearm Zaw still works well so I'm not chaffed by it. I haven't done a marathon Saryn Survival or ESO yet so that might change though.

6: Offering the mods in a bundle for 835plat makes it look like your gaming your players. Maybe you could have a transfusion mod that takes a riven and makes it a requiem mod? That would be a nice way to get rid of garbage rivens and ease the pain of the Lich grind.

And just one more super small irritation... My Lich seems like he is in a sitcom complete with dad-jokes. I thought this dude was going to be the harbinger of death. A genetically engineered biological weapon of mass destruction... Not my goofy neighbor that fell through my window while watching my TV because he doesn't get cable. His lines remind me of Buddy from Charles In Charge. Hopefully I'll be able to take the next one seriously because this guy seems like he should have a laugh-track dubbed behind him.

Excavation missions (and any missions where you have to defend something) will have their "health" scaled with the original level of the mission, now this is fine if you're on a high level planet while it's being captured by your Kuva Lich, but if you're on Earth for example, doing excavation becomes annoying because the extractors will have their health scaled with Earth level, giving them like 2500 health, which means that lvl 120+ Grineer will one-shot them, making us being incapable of defending them unless we go around with a Limbo and I really don't want to walk around with a Limbo when my Kuva Lich is hunting me.

Forget the Relics, Just have the mods potentially drop from the Kuva Siphon/Flood missions and/or missions on the Kuva Fortress its self. The relics are one layer of RNG and resource spending too many. Having the Weapon Exilus in the relic is not that much of a draw because you can get them through the Syndicates.

Edited by KokoroWish
  • Like 1

Hey! It would be really nice if Titania wasn't constantly being left out when new content is added. I get that she's a bit of a special case due to Razorwing and that she's also one of the least popular frames in the game. Can Parazon please work while in Razorwing? She could fly straight through the enemy and pop out the other side!

I have played around a fair amount with the system now and have a decent feel for the rate at which things happen, the gameplay loop, etc., and a couple of changes would radically improve the system without requiring massive, fundamental reworks or interfering with what's already here:

1. The lich should rarely invade regular missions just like stalker or any other invasion. Probably they should have a higher chance of appearing in their domain, but a random chance anywhere. (They could show up with a couple of thralls too, like the Wolf, which would have a level appropriate to the lich rather than the mission.)
  2. Figuring out its requiem mod requirements should just be a game of Mastermind. It's halfway there already. Just tell us how many mods were right and how many of the ones that were right were in the correct position. This is what should appear on the card - some analog of mastermind black/white pegs instead of the current system where it just tells you left to right whether you have the right ones yet. (If you wanted to get fancy, maybe someday down the line, maybe use a slightly extended kill attempt animation sequence for this: we get in a hit for every mod in a correct position, the lich parries or blocks a hit for every mod that's in the sequence but in the wrong place, and then the lich kills us.)
  3. When you get a hint from thralls, you should just get a quick UI screen after the mission (like Riven pop-ups) where you can pick which slot to reveal and and it should tell you what's in that slot. This way it never tells you something you've already deduced. And the grind for murmurs is already long enough - it would be fine to tell you position too.
  4. Add a fourth requiem required if this feels like it goes by too fast with these changes

In all other ways, it would work exactly like it currently does. They'd claim territory, steal things within it, etc.

These changes would mean that you can fight them passively, changing up your parazon after each encounter and eventually deducing how to defeat them. They would add depth and variety to everything else in the game instead of being yet another bolted-on system that you have to drop everything to go do and that you get no gameplay out of when you're not purposefully interacting with it (which feels especially bad when the downsides apply outside the activity).

They would show up organically like in Shadow of Mordor! There's a reason it's integrated that way into the game instead of bolted on as a separate activity like this! And they would be a lot more memorable too: right now they're not really significant foes that follow you around so much as randomly generated loot pinatas that last until you go break them open to get a gun inside. If they appeared passively, you'd encounter them more over a longer period of time, and build more of a player relationship with them.

So you wouldn't have to drop everything to go hunt them down, but at the same time you could if you wanted to, and hunting thralls in their territory would still be a way to specifically target the liches and defeat them quicker because you'd get information faster: both from from any encounters with the lich and also from thrall murmurs. And when you hunted them down, they'd still scale the level of enemies in those missions just like they do now.

So players who don't care as much about the system still occasionally interact with it. Players who want to target the system can do so. And, best of all, you'd get players inbetween: imagine a lich with annoying abilities and immunities that you grow to hate each time they invade and kill you, that is getting more troublesome each time, and eventually you just decide "you know what, their time has come, I'm dropping what I'm doing and I'm going to go hunt them down - they die tonight!". That's what you want out of a nemesis system.

Some additional small changes I would make:

1. It probably also shouldn't show you the gun you're going to get ahead of time. Getting a gun you don't want would be disappointing, but working towards a gun you already know you don't want sucks.
  2. Let us buy requiem relics with kuva. It wouldn't hurt to have more things to spend it on anyway. People would still be incentivized to do floods and siphons - in fact they'd be doubly incentivized because if they really wanted relics and not kuva itself, they could just spend the kuva they got on more relics. Palladino would be a great place to put this.
  3. Everyone should get an initial set of the mods. This would work well as a reward right after The War Within. Maybe after your first lich spawns, you get directed to Palladino, and she gives you an initial set and introduces the system (this is a complicated system and it seriously needs an in-game introduction). Reactions to the relic farm -> mod farm -> lich farm right now are really negative, but having spent more time with it, I think that the rate of consumption of the mods is actually pretty well-balanced, and the relic and mod farm really doesn't feel bad. It just feels terrible farming the entire initial set before you can get started (and to be frank it looks pretty bad when you sell an initial set of them to bypass this, especially when it comes only in a package with other stuff that increases the price).

As a single bigger thing which I think would be too much work for tweaks, I think it was a real mistake to make this only start appearing after War Within. A big part of the charm of nemeses in Shadow of Mordor was that you saw them, especially your first one, grow alongside you. That's how you grew attachment to them. Kuva liches are not like that at all - they're just randomly generated loot pinatas that last as long as you don't go hunt them down to kill them. Given the work put into randomly generating them and how neat it is that they level up and all that, this seems like a real shame. What would have been really great would be seeing them introduced earlier and using them to hint at kuva and War Within.

So at you hit level 20 missions in the star chart and during a grineer mission you awaken a kuva lich. You have no idea what's going on and what it is, and there's this cryptic cutscene that plays. And it's tantalizing! You really want to know what's going on! And he hounds you. He's an actual nemesis. He occasionally invades missions, but when you try to do a Mercy kill on him, it never works and he always kills you instead. Then you finish War Within, learn about kuva (which doesn't just come out of nowhere since you've seen it and its effects via the lich), and someone (probably Palladino) hands you the requiem mods and explains to you how to actually kill the lich. Not integrating it like this feels like a huge missed opportunity.

Edited by Modus-Pwnens

For me, there is to much RNG involved and to much need to focus on active progression in this system and it's very encapsulated.

I would prefer to have a way to influence the creation of the Kuva Lich.
One way I could imagine is that the weapon of the Kuva Lich is influenced by the weapon you choose to kill the Kuva Larvling.
Another way could be a random reroll at the beginning until you have a Lich you would like to accept as a rewarding enemy.

For the progression system I would prefer something like the Acts form Nightwave, but with longer running tasks like some of the following examples:
- Kill 5.000 enemies with Blast Damage.
- Play survival missions for cumulative 6h.
- Play 1.000 extermination missions.
- Do 500 Assassination missions.
- Collect 1.000 mods.
- Play 250 missions on Neptun.
- Fully socket 10 Ayatan Sculptures
- Complete 100 Mobile Defense missions.
- Unlock 25 Relics.
- Complete 20 Sorties.
If you have some single task you don't like, there could be a option to reroll it by investing Kuva (same way as for riven mods).

By completing a specific amount of tasks or gained a specific amount of standing from tasks you will unlock one of the needed Requiem Mods.
Once you defeated the Kuva Lich the Requiem Mods are consumed and you can restart with a new Kuva Lich.

Update:
I played this thing once and it's ok as a single quest, but not as something to do over and over again.
My Kuva Lich was level 5 before I had the needed Requiem Mods, so I had to get Requiem Relics while the Kuva Lich nearly covered the whole starchart.
Played many Kuva missions only to see that the Kuva Lich takes my Requiem Relic away at the end screen.
Finally I had to trade other Requiem Mods just to gather the mods I needed.
And now it comes to this:

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Stealth_Cobra:

For those grind apologists, how is this reasonable ?

Let's see , 13 different weapons *5 formas = 65 Formas required to get all the mastery you can get from the new guns (which cost 20 plat and/or take 24 hours to build). Keep in mind curently, on PS4, only 5.6% of players that have played warframe ever used a forma... Now you're asking your fanbase to use 65 of them !!! Very reasonable.

It also means you need to level those weapons 13* six times (once to lvl 30 , then five more times for each forma), so basically 78 times to get the mastery rank...Cause there's nothing quite as fun as re-leveing the same weapons 78 times. Again , using trophy data again . only 5% of the fanbase ever leveled a forma-ed item to max level on PS4... Yet you're asking your fanbase to do so 78 times.

So add the time it takes to kill the worm, make the lich, farm the relics when there's only one kuva flood once in a blue moon, farm the void traces to refine the relics, run the relics and pray RNJesus gives you the mods you need to kill the lich , then kill 150+ of the lich's troops to get the murmurs, then kill the guy and get your weapon ,wich you then need to level up six times using formas that take 24 hours to make, then you repeat the process 13 times... Oh wait, since there's no way to choose which weapon you get when you make a lich , it could in theory take from 13 to like 45+ times on average to get all different guns if RNG keeps getting you the same duplicate guns. Imagine when you have 12/13 guns and you keep getting one of the 12 duplicates over and over, wasting mods and having to do the whole process again and again just to get rid of those unwanted Lichs. Imagine when you have wasted time putting 5 formas on your Kuva Braak , only to get a better rolled one down the road.

This is unacceptable. Franlky , there's farming, and there's FARMING. This is a sick joke. An insult. We wanted Sustainable content, not bare-bone, ridiculous no-life grind nobody in their right mind would attempt to do. Sorry , but I'm out till you guys fix this. This is one hamster wheel / skinner box that's just too ridiculous even for a no-life MR27 that did all the rest of the long grinds over the years.

Minimum of needed changes (my opinion):
- better way to earn Requiem Relics (maybe from Syndicates)
- don't allow the Kuva Lich to take Requiem Relics from mission loot
- remove this 5 Forma for mastery stuff, because it's a unnecessary force to use Forma on weapons that not every player want's to upgrade
- players should be able to disable items from the pool that is used to create the Kuva Lich items to avoid unwanted duplicates
- I would like to have a better way to avoid the start of a Kuva Lich creation instead of "try not to kill the larveling"

Edited by M4T2E

Converted my first lich so i think ive experienced a little. Afew quick feedbacks

Cant see the requiem mods as "owned" if they're equipped in parazon and got full charge. I know they're stacked but its an issue when looking at relic reward screen to pick the ones i dont have yet. Bug?

Converting let me recover stolen loot which i didnt expect. Converting also used up a charge from requiem mods which i also didnt expect. Working as intended?

Mercy kill cam is too close, can't see well when camera's moving around on top of it. Same applies to lich failed attempts.

'Kuva lich link' like 'mod link' and 'look link' so we can show off our liches, maybe?

Converted lich should still talk at least from somewhere so they there's a bit more distinction between killed and converted liches. Maybe when you check them through codex for the time being? More "social" interaction with them in the future would be nice.

Normal mobs with mercy kill trigger should get a short invulnerability phase, or at least 1-2 seconds of damage reduction, so players dont end up steamrolling everything before they can react to it. currently its near impossible to utilize parazon in combat especially in squads.

Visually parazon's looks like its just tacked on, doesn't look like a stable blade with a stable base that could punch through armor...

That's all that stood out really, all in all im enjoying it so far. Nice work.

Edited by Yoruno

General mercy kill feedback:

Mercy kills are extremely cool and the mods are really neat. I want to do them. But I do too much damage in most missions. It feels bad that being more effective means that I don't get to do the cool flashy move.

Simply lowering the mercy threshold is a bad idea. It would feel weird for new players to mercy kill enemies at half health. The goal is to be able to mercy kill them instead of finishing them off by just shooting them again. If new players doing low damage could kill enemies with mercy at half health, that would not fit that goal.

The problem is that when you're using high damage weapons, when you aren't just one-shotting enemies, you can't mercy kill them even though they'd die in the next split-second, so that doesn't fit the goal.

Instead of only using a health threshold, it should use a health threshold plus some rough calculation based on the last shot or two that hit the enemy in the last, say, 500ms. Essentially, the metric would be (excluding the ability to one-shot enemies): would the player be able to kill the enemy in the next split-second?

Destiny 2's near-identical new "finisher" system does something like this and it works extremely well. If you reduce an enemy to half health in just one or two shots, you can use a finisher on them even if their health is still relatively high (I think sometimes even above 50%).

Edited by Modus-Pwnens

Its annoyingly frustrating that when a Lich shows up we only have two options of either dying or killing a Lich IF we know the correct options. When you dont even know the first murmur yet theres practically no gain from trying to execute a Lich with a unknown combo and them leveling up only leads to the Lich gaining more control over the star chart. We should have the options of making them retreat if down them them enough times or at least make the initial death worth by letting us gain major murmur progress when falling a execution.

There is also a lack of reasoning for helping fellow players with downing their liches. Many players just want to get the thralls in a Lich mission so they can progress with the murmur gathering. What if a Lich dropped some kuva upon getting a succesful stab in and even more upon death?

Not sure if this has been said, but since the Kuva Lich's have dropped, almost ALL kuva related traffic has transferred from Kuva disruption + Kuva Survival to Kuva Siphon/Flood.

Since the requiem relics are so important for dealing with the lich's (who keep stealing stuff), there's no reason to farm Kuva anywhere else, because you WILL need those relics eventually, and lots of them.

Kuva survival and disruption should have Requim relics added to their drop tables to even it all out. Before the old blood update it didn't really matter where you farmed Kuva. Since the update has dropped, farming it anywhere other than the siphon/flood missions is counter-productive.

I have killed my first and only so far Lich yesterday, and it is one of the most exhausting things I have done in this game.
I am so tired after that even after a day of rest, I am still not sure if I have got strength to attempt second lich. There are so many layers of RNG and grind in Lich system that it makes random riven stats look set in stone and predictable. For now this system has got baffingly huge amount of randomness and grind in it... Let me list some:

• Random Weapon spawn on lich (1/14)
  • Random Weapon modification on lich (this one might not be that random)
  • Random Value on weapon modification on lich
  • Random Chance for lich to spawn with ephemera
  • Random Ephemera spawn on lich
  • Random 3 parazon mod things required to kill lich
  • Random sequence of said 3 mods
  • Random mod drops from relics (uncommod drop)
  • Random relic drop (4 relics with 2 mods each)

• Grindy process of getting info about which 3 parazon mods are required
  • Parazon mods have got limited charges

DE... As a long time player who has got a life outside of your game I beg you... Please reduce amount of randomness and grind in this system... Let me address some of the biggest issues with current system.

1. Random Value of weapon modification on lich - don't make it random range, set it in stone at some value or make it something like 2xMR of player.
  2. Random Chance of ephemera spawn on lich - make a craftable consumable item that you can use when larvae spawns that overcharges the kuva lich that will spawn, making him harder to deal with but having an "elite aura (ephemera)". That craftable item could be clan research in grineer lab requiring Kuva and some other resources to research and craft.
  3. Grindy process of getting info about which 3 parazon mods are required - that one is fine but please reduce the amount of thralls needed to learn the murmur by at least 50% I haven't counted it but that number seems to be 50 or so thrall kills and that is way too much with their irregular spawn patters.
  4. Charges on parazon mods - please rethink this idea or at least allow us to rank them back up with kuva...
  5. Random acquisition of parazon mods - please take them out of relic system or make them a guaranteed reward on top of any relic reward as there are 8 of mods, from 4 relics, containing other items and we can only alter a bit odds of what we will get in relic but not what relic we will get.

I really love your game, I play it for many years but that amount of grind will make me abandon whole lich system if not the game... I have got work and I am really sorry but I won't devote my whole life outside of work to only your game, even if it's the game that brought me the most fun in recent years. I complain a lot about your game but that is due to my deeply seated love for it, amount of grind in current version of lich system and its surrounding makes me feel depressed, disheartened and makes me loose hope in Warframe...

Sincerely,

Ramrr

Currently, the Lich is just a semi permanent, and nigh unavoidable drain on your resources. Even once you do manage to actually get through all the layers of RNG to actually kill them, its way too easy to accidentally get another one soon after, and have to do it all over again. Larvalings shouldn't be so easy to accidentally kill. Or if you do, there should be some way to stop them from becoming a Lich.

There needs to be some method of actually engaging with the Lich in missions before you are prepared to kill them. Having them be completely indestructible, and having a guarantee of death if you try is dumb. Guaranteed failure is not a challenge, its not fun, and its not scary. Its just boring, and frustrating. It makes it so that simply ignoring them when they appear is the best option. And that is just plain bad game design.

There also really needs to be a way to get your stolen loot back before you kill the Lich. Especially since they can steal Kuva Relics, which just makes it take even longer to kill them.

To fix both of these problems, I propose: If you try and mercy them without their full Requiem, you have to complete a hacking style minigame. If you fail, they kill you and level up like they do now. But if you succeed, the Lich retreats from the mission and drops some of the loot they have stolen from you.

This would actually give you a reason to fight them, instead of just completely ignoring them. And it would mean you would have to decide whether the risk of death and strengthening the Lich is worth it to potentially get some of your loot back. Way more fun than just pretending they don't exist.

Parazon mods need to be filled with kuva. I think its a bad thing that they decay after 3 uses. They can be at least filled with kuva, since we have them. It would be nice if they would stay in our inventory but we cant use them if we don't fill them up. Maybe it would be even nice if we need to fill it up with kuva every time after we kill our lich. This is just my opinion on that and I think it would be a better system with kuva refilling them then to farm them every time they expire. Cheers!

Edited by M3JA
  • Like 1

Kuva lich stole my sortie reward and I didn't get it back when I killed him.

feels bad man.

it was just an anasa, but basically feels like I wasted all that time for nothing.  if they are going to steal sortie rewards and requiem relics they should be gauaranteed returns.  it's one thing for regular relics and resources to get lost... but stuff we really gotta grind for not being returned... feelsbadman.

I don't even have to look through this thread to be confident this has been said in some form, so I'll say it myself:

This is way too much grind for relatively little. These aren't OP AF, these aren't Kitguns and Zaws.... And the grind to get to them is already unreasonable. Those are BETTER, and I still refuse to deal with the awful grind to get to them. Why would I put up with a worse grind for less? As it stands, I'll do this a few times, at most.... And then do my level best to avoid this system entirely because it's unrewarding and far too slow. Either speed it up, or make it give more than a weapon we eventually won't want.

The other issue? Kuva farming. No, not Siphons, not Floods.... The fact that I'm doing it AT ALL. I don't like the Riven system. So I don't use it. Well, it's not an essential gameplay system, it's not needed to use a Riven for any of the game's content..... So that's fine, right? No, apparently it's not, because now, I need to farm Kuva, all the time. Which is only useful, for Rivens.

I realize, for thematics, that this has to remain. And I could be okay with that, if between this and the Riven Slivers, it didn't feel like you were screaming in my face "Use Rivens or DE gives zero Fs about you!" Just, IDK, allow us to turn Kuva into Endo somewhere, or Credits, or hell, both. Make some Corpus NPC who does a currency exchange at awful rates, because he's Corpus and thus greedy AF. Let us change Kuva for other 'currencies', Credits, Endo, Ducats, and then you can change the rates he goes by whenever you want to balance out his economic impact.

IDK, I just don't like being forced to farm something I've got no real use for, constantly. If we had a real use for Kuva outside of the entirely optional Riven system, it'd be K. Just.... Keep in mind, forcing you to engage in X optional system to engage in Y optional system.... Is not the greatest idea. Fissures, at least, are just missions of all kinds with extra drops, basically. That you can kind of force, because it's effectively making you engage with all the core gameplay again. Rivens aren't the same thing, they aren't core at all, or even all that important. Same with Liches. So linking the two this hard really isn't sorting out too well IMO.

43 minutes ago, M3JA said:

Parazon mods need to be filled with kuva. I think its a bad thing that they decay after 3 uses. They can be at least filled with kuva, since we have them. It would be nice if they would stay in our inventory but we cant use them if we don't fill them up. Maybe it would be even nice if we need to fill it up with kuva every time after we kill our lich. This is just my opinion on that and I think it would be a better system with kuva refilling them then to farm them every time they expire. Cheers!

I would be down for this

• Like 1

I really dislike the Kuva larvlings only spawning in regular missions.

No one after MR 8 or so does regular missions. Players are being forced into this singular grind. It really makes you FEEL the grind. The whole Lich King thing should exist to upvalue existing content. Like those assassin drop ins.

There are few issues I need to address here. But first I would like to start with this: when you say: oh, it should be grindy. Then there's no reason to read any of the comment. Just enjoy your game.

Now. Is it grindy? Yes. Just think about this. If your new spawn kuva lich, looks almost exactly like the last one, and carry the same weapon, and at the time, you already got this weapon, so you have to kill it, to get the new lich with the new weapon. Suppose you already got all the 3 puzzles, which may take you like 2 to 3 hours depending on the mission spawn, you also need the right combination, A B C in the right place. If you miss the first one, your new mod rating dropped, and you got two other chances. Total of 6 combinations, ABC/ACB/BAC/BCA/CBA/CAB, suppose you are lucky, you can just get it done by 1 try, if not, heheh, all your mods rating dropped. If you want to get all the weapons, suppose it takes 1 day or 2 days to change the enemies, it will take at least few months to get all the weapons. And that's the main problem I am going to talk about. 

You see, the main problem is never about creating a system, that attracts players to get all the weapons. The main problem is how to create a game, so that players can keep playing it, while not bothering about collecting all the weapons. And this grind, makes players reluctant to touch it. 

Change the focus please, make it more easier to grind, the progress bar is really really annoying. If it's easier to grind, that means players have more motivations on changing the lich, creating the best lich. 

Change the lich please, make it level up FASTER. If the player ignores it during the mission, it will still level up, but slowly. For example, if the player knows that he/she doesn't have the right combination, he/she will just leave the scene, when the player extract from the mission, the lich will still level up from 1 to 2. However, if the lich somehow battle with the player and still survive, and lost a health bar, the player extract, the lich will level up from 1 to 3. Let's say it reach to level 10, it will gain more skills (for example, it will gain the last ability the player use on it). More interesting right? That means, no matter how, the player still needs to interact with it, or it will level up to an almost impossible level to defeat(maybe you guys can cap that). But certainly, this is inevitable, because the players, they can't ignore it, they have to interact with it, and they have to be more cautious. They can't just focus on the grind.

Because the grind, will just take the mind out, players will feel tired about it, tired about the grind, tired about interacting with the new system. The system is a VERY VERY good potential. Don't mess it up. Please. 

I bet players want to interact more with the kuva lich, rather than spending time on finding all the puzzles, do all those finishers just to get the progress bar up. Trust me, that's not fun, that's just grind. Spent time on defeating the boss, having to deal with the boss, or otherwise it will be more powerful, changing the boss, that's fun.  

Edited by Brad0816

If the Kuva Lich system is supposed to be endgame, then it shouldn't be forced upon everyone.

I cannot even reliably kill enemies or even just generaly survive in the new kuva fissures missions, i simply don't have the mods for it.
But now i'm forced to beat lvl 100 enemies and the kuva lich itself at the same time?
And if i don't, i will be punished for it by not getting some of the rewards from the missions?

So now, everytime when i get invaded by the larvling, i have to abandon the mission, so my progress wouldn't be hindered by this system.

It's just frustrating and should not be a thing, there should be a way to opt-out of this system.

Once again, you just disregarded the possibility of there being new players in your game, by forcing it on everyone, just like you did with the OP Zealots.
Just for comparison - when i've completed the main story line, i didn't have the gear to even beat the lvl 40 missions, i don't think it's much different for other players......

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NuadaTouch said:

I'm not sure if Requime Murmur is intentionally made to be so slow to prevent players burning through the liches grind, but its currently too long to finish a lich and I hope it gets adressed later when you think its alright for more people to have the new weapons.

It's a lazy way to extend the time to kill them. If they made the process of "hunting" the lich down more interesting, and have more mechanics, people wouldn't be complaining as much. I did post a way to extend the grind earlier in this thread, taking out some rng, and adding more detective mechanics to the process. The whole system needs a major redo already, but that would take too much time and money, so DE and the players are pretty much stuck with it, either to be never touched again, or updated years from now in a lich 2.0 update. So basically rip.