Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

I don't like the fact that some sub standard weapons have become stronger than previously high end ones. I.e. War, I've scrapped it ages ago, cos it wasn't good enough by then, yet now it's far better than Paracesys! You can only get WAR from the quest right? Shouldn't we be receiving a copy in the mailbox as a compensation as there's no way we can get it back (not entirely sure)? Also I understand Gram Prime was used by relatively many players, but seriously... 2.9 range, when some dual daggers got 2.5 and even Galatine and War got more 3.0+, nevertheless Gram already suffers from slow atk rate! Also Gram Prime dmg boost seems to be the proportionally lowest one out of all. How is it even possible a hammer has more dmg than a heavy blade?! At least increase the crit multi of Gram Prime. Otherwise it looks like you're trying to completely kill the weapon. Shouldn't it have its high MR requirement for a reason?

Edited by Ninjiii

We'll give additional physical damage for pure elemental status weapons

= 

We'll chop off probability of elemetal status into 20%

Great, Caustacyst now have no strong points. Crit too low for normal build, no more fast charge attack, it had 70-100%status chance when fully modded before so buff to status chance is useless. Also, CO is dead

Thanks DE, thank you for killing my favorite weapon and call it a buff.

I'm not sure about the new Melee. On low levels (Orthos Prime with non-primed mods vs. level 20-30) it feels way overpowered, but at the other end (arbritations, Kuva Flood) I can hardly get it to "work". It feels rather clumsy and lacking any punch.

Before I relied on pure damage + combo-multiplier with Naramon. No maiming strike or bloodrush, just damage mods, weapon speed to quickly increase the counter, and once my Rivened Tonbo reached Damage*3, it was fine to use it in Arbritrations or Sorties. Now, it's basically locked at Damagex2 and the heavy attacks can't compensate for the old system (takes to long and only affects one target - in the same time I could do 2-3 swings that hit half a room. Assuming I would go with Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds, losing all the combo counter for one lousy attack, just doesn't feel worth it).

I hope this is in preparation for a revamp of the whole enemy scaling (making the enemies a bit tougher at the beginning and a bit less hard later on).

"

• Weapon stats will now be reflected in a slightly more rounded way. Innate Damage is added before anything on the weapon happens - boosting the weapons base Damage and then renormalizes the Damage percentages. This makes Elemental Mods stack in a way you would expect.

"

What does this mean??

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Weapon stats will now be reflected in a slightly more rounded way. Innate Damage is added before anything on the weapon happens - boosting the weapons base Damage and then renormalizes the Damage percentages. This makes Elemental Mods stack in a way you would expect.

What does this mean?  Either this is very poorly worded or I'm expecting a dev workshop:  "The way I expect" is the way it has worked since damage 2.0.

Heat Status Proc Changes:

Heat Status procs now reduce targets' armor to 50% of the original value, with subsequent Heat procs refreshing the duration. Not hot enough for you? Applying the Status proc multiple times also turns up the Heat, dealing more damage per tick as the flames increase.

How does this armor reduction work?  Is it temporary, stacking, or permanent?  Like corrosive or like viral? Like Shattering Impact?

I sense that with the distracting amount of anti armor tools in the game, does this mean its finally time to rework or remove this system that makes enemy health so... dynamic?

Please note that we are monitoring item usage for other weapons who use similar projectiles (Fulmin / Arca Plasmor), but will provide notice before we consider changing anything. We are simply monitoring at this phase.

I'm going to cast an controversial opinion that I articulated to Friends the other day.  Pulse wave attack weapons are identical to cone-beam weapons (ignis). 

They have similar hit box and use case.  Its just that Pulse Wave attack weapons compress the damage of several seconds into a single instance.  This increases accuracy and for me, enjoyment.  They should either both be balanced like shotguns (up) because of the weapon's short effective range OR be balanced like beam weapons (down) because of the high accuracy/hit chance OR balanced like other multi target weapons(down) because its is a multi-target weapon.   The weapon's hitbox is larger than an assault rifle with punch through.  Just a perspective to consider, not a bullet proof argument to just hurry up and nerf these weapons because they do not require considerate aim.

Speaking of beam weapons:

Why were range increasing mods excluded from the Exilus category while projectile fight speed and accuracy included.  Mistake? Over sight? difference of opinion?  Problem with kitguns?

Was the Catchmoon suppose to get its disposition reset?

Edited by Sahysa
You reset the disposion on the catchmoon. Why?

Essential Parazon Mod Bundle

A Bundle featuring new Mods for your Parazon that give perks to Hacking or performing ‘Mercy’ kills on enemies. Purchased Mods are unranked. 

Radiant Requiem Relic Pack

4 Radiant Requiem Relics, one of each type, I, II, III,and IV.

@[DE]Megan

DE, you need to quit this and with a quickness. This is outright pay2win. This is paying to skip most of the update and it's disgusting.

Just drop into ANY level 20+ Grineer mission to find your lich.

Yeah, that's not how it's working. Been to Telesto twice and NO. KUVA. LICH. stuff other than someone popping up on my screen saying something about assessing for conversion blah blah unit damaged blah blah

[edit] still no larva or whatever it is I'm supposed to kill. At least say if it's RNG because I just wasted half an hour on a wild goose chase and I'll just go about my regular grind and allow it to happen organically. This is important information.

Edited by UrKungFuNoGood

21 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

@[DE]Megan

DE, you need to quit this and with a quickness. This is outright pay2win. This is paying to skip most of the update and it's disgusting.

It's a free to play game. Also, no Pay To Win only works in PvP games... The PvP in this game equalizes people down to the basics regardless of how much they spend... 

Also, read. You still have to level up those cards. This is nothing new...  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Schrodinger314 said:

It's a free to play game. Also, no Pay To Win only works in PvP games..

That's an outright lie. I've been running kuva since the update and only found one of the new relics. They've gated new game play that effects the rest of the drops in the game behind terribly low drop chances, limited those low drop chances to only the kuva siphon/flood missions and not the endless missions like they always have, and then proceeded to sell the fix to the problem they've created at a $50 price tag. That is the same kind of trash that Activision and EA pull all the time and it's nothing short of P2W.

12 minutes ago, Schrodinger314 said:

The PvP in this game equalizes people down to the basics regardless of how much they spend...

No one plays PVP in warframe. Their is no point.

13 minutes ago, Schrodinger314 said:

You still have to level up those cards.

Leveling anything in this game is little more than trivial. That's hardly an argument for anything in this game. Heck, I dropped 6 forma into a regular Brakk yesterday just to test damage output numbers to compare catchmoon and it before the nerf. That only took me about 4 hours max and that was a fresh weapon. Leveling a set of mods is nothing.

13 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

That's an outright lie. I've been running kuva since the update and only found one of the new relics. They've gated new game play that effects the rest of the drops in the game behind terribly low drop chances, limited those low drop chances to only the kuva siphon/flood missions and not the endless missions like they always have, and then proceeded to sell the fix to the problem they've created at a $50 price tag. That is the same kind of trash that Activision and EA pull all the time and it's nothing short of P2W.

No one plays PVP in warframe. Their is no point.

Leveling anything in this game is little more than trivial. That's hardly an argument for anything in this game. Heck, I dropped 6 forma into a regular Brakk yesterday just to test damage output numbers to compare catchmoon and it before the nerf. That only took me about 4 hours max and that was a fresh weapon. Leveling a set of mods is nothing.

How is that a lie? 

Firstly, It's an MMO that is fre to play that focuses on COOP/Solo operations.  
1: The developers need to make money anyways. Otherwise no game. Unless you're a billionair who's gonna pay for all their bills, finances, homes, groceries, etc... 
2: Pay To Win literally cannot apply to a PvE game that has no actual ending (Again, MMO. There is a S#&$load to do and always something new to grind for.). You ain't "Winning" anything, please look up what Winning is! If this was Call Of Duty pure PVP based where people can pay for a better gun than people who only bought the base game, then YES that would be pay to win.
3: Trivial or not, they still need to be leveled up. Not everyone is a nolife neckbeard who can grind 120 hours a week, some of us would rather pay a few bucks to get the card we need and level it up normally.  And since there is no true "Winning" at the game, well. Yeah...

On the Kuva thing. I also didn't get a relict from the Kuva Siphon I went to. But you know what? It was the wrong one. It's supposed to be the Kuva FLood missions not the other one. Which they did state. I've done four in a row and got a relic each time. 

Edited by Schrodinger314

52 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

@[DE]Megan

i wish they'd let me buy a lich. 4 hours of playing i haven't seen any new content except for what's on the marketplace. unless my account is bugged every grineer looks the same and i'm just playing the same old same content and i'm bored.

So i did a few more tests now that i managed to correct the key bindings somehow. I still can't put on manual melee though, but it's ok because i liked it the way it was before this update.

The Heavy Attack is absolute garbage. I'm sorry. I know you've put a lot of time into this, and it's not easy to hear, but it's a fact. I'm never going to use it because it's very unconfortable to. Unlike channeling, which you could switch on and off, this feels very very clunky. With that, every mod that makes use of it just died for me, including Life Strike. I don't even want to think about the loss regarding frame abilities. And quite frankly it's of very limited usefulness on its own.

This is a very poor trade off with the old combo counter. The old system was more fitting for handling higher level stuff. Now it feels completely overpowering at lower level content and underwhelming at higher, with a few weapon exceptions, some of them hilarious.

Prime Reach is a joke now. I'm not even bothering maxing it out now.

Why did you change the Stealth melee kill key assigned? Not a fan.

Do the Lich larvling thing always comes with a warning and a specific icon in the mission? I managed to avoid killing it this time as i have no desire to waste my time doing kuva siphon missions to get rid of him.

The "fun" of Hunting Kuva Liches:
- Kill a Larvling in a L20+ Grineer Mission to create a Lich (RNG 1)
- Find out the three required requiem mods (for Parazon) to kill the Lich by killing thralls in Lich-Territory (missions on planets with red aura). Prepare to kill hundreds of em...
- Farm Requiem Relics in Kuva Siphon/Kuva Flood Siphons - (RNG 2)
- Farm the needed Mods in Requiem fissures (RNG 3)
- Find the right combination to kill your Lich by trial and error (27 combinations!, RNG 4)
- Kill your lich for a crappy affinity weapon (we all know the majority of the weapons suck) or convert him to join you in battle (what for?)

Grind- and funwise this is a new low, congratulations.

Which boring and hideous creature comes up with the conceipt for such a pile of crap? Why you treat us like imbeciles?

Tenno, get loud - make some noise!