Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, KunoUshinawa said:

Why not reload speed mods and mag size mods? Seems odd these mods were left out since they are utility and not dps. Also I specifically planned on using those two types of mods for the exilus slot so.....

2 hours ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Okay, real quick... why did you do the "pistol vazarin syndrome" with exilus slots? It defeats all purpose to make them V's. Why, why, why, why, why? We already have to spend time/money on the exilus bp's ... then have to forma them? And there is no reason, whatsoever, that we can't have reload mods in there. Especially when some reloads take 10x longer than it takes for 1 enemy to kill you... 

Hate to break it to you, but reload and magazine size upgrades are dps upgrades.  A faster reload speed means more time to fire bullets.  Magazine size means more uptime before having to reload.  In other words, you are increasing the number of bullets you can fire within a period of time, effectively increasing your rate of fire.  It makes perfect sense they are not included in exilus mods. 

Reload Speed example: If I can deal 100 damage in one clip over 3 seconds with a 2 second reload, that means I can deal 200 damage per 10 seconds.  If I reduce my reload speed to 1 second, it means I deal 100 damage over 3 seconds twice, spend two seconds to reload twice, then gain an additional 66 damage from the third round of firing available, providing a total of 266 damage.

Magazine Size example: If I can deal 100 damage in one clip over 3 seconds using 5 ammunition with a 2 second reload, then I can deal 200 damage per 10 seconds using 10 ammunition.  If I increase my clip size by 20% (5 bullet clip size means 1 extra bullet, each dealing 100/5= 20 damage), then I deal 120 damage over 3.6 seconds with a 2 second reload.  The next clip would allow another 120 damage in 3.6 seconds, providing 0.8 seconds of reload time before the 10 second mark.  This means I achieved 240 damage within 10 seconds, however the remaining 1.2 seconds of reload time that lead into the next 10 second interval would mean that a 40% increase in damage per 10 seconds is not entirely accurate.

For the player, those elements definitely feel more like utility, but for the developers, the math definitely points to dps increase, especially for reload speed.  Magazine size has minimal benefit for weapons with slow reload times, but the larger the reload time, the more impactful it becomes.

Now why exilus mod slots take mod capacity (polarized or otherwise) despite the developers acknowledging weapon builds are tight, not sure there's a good answer for that! 😅

• Like 1

boy that's quite the patch notes 

so far I'd say things are really good though my one gripe with the melee changes... you can't throw the wolf sledge anymore ='(

EDIT: nevermind its bound to a whole new key now. may be worth mentioning "heavy melee" as an actual feature and different button press since there doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the combo lists

Edited by Yefrign

6 minutes ago, Schrodinger314 said:

1: The developers need to make money anyways. Otherwise no game. Unless you're a billionair who's gonna pay for all their bills, finances, homes, groceries, etc... 
2: Pay To Win literally cannot apply to a PvE game that has no actual ending (Again, MMO. There is a S#&$load to do and always something new to grind for.). You ain't "Winning" anything, please look up what Winning is! If this was Call Of Duty pure PVP based where people can pay for a better gun than people who only bought the base game, then YES that would be pay to win.

First off, getting mods and other gear is the definition of the game. Winning in that regard is being able to obtain those things in the game. That is in fact not the case in regards to the litches. You have to use those mods to do it and until you kill said litch, they can effect your ability to farm other things in the game. Then we also have the fact that they have an entire weapon line dedicated to them that's only accessible by killing the litches. 

Second, they explicitly removed the random mod packs from the market for exactly that reason. They replaced them with themed ones for the set mods, but those are arguably trash in the first place and by far easier to get. Again though, they removed the general ones from the market for the the slot machine and P2W mechanics in the first place.

15 minutes ago, Schrodinger314 said:

3: Trivial or not, they still need to be leveled up. Not everyone is a nolife neckbeard who can grind 120 hours a week, some of us would rather pay a few bucks to get the card we need and level it up normally.  And since there is no true "Winning" at the game, well. Yeah...

Implying that I even spend much time on the game in the first place before this patch? You can literally max a weapon if you know what you're doing in about 30 min or so. That's not new or particularly hard and especially after methods have been nerfed.

18 minutes ago, Schrodinger314 said:

On the Kuva thing. I also didn't get a relict from the Kuva Siphon I went to. But you know what? It was the wrong one. It's supposed to be the Kuva FLood missions not the other one. Which they did state. I've done four in a row and got a relic each time. 

I've been running nothing but kuva siphons/floods with the exception of between the hourly respawns since the launch. In that time, I've not found my second relic and I've ran none of them. Down time has been spent trace farming to max them.

79A265F553FDDCDABB8C152D38E0D041718BFFF8

21 minutes ago, ShimmerDoll said:

i wish they'd let me buy a lich. 4 hours of playing i haven't seen any new content except for what's on the marketplace. unless my account is bugged every grineer looks the same and i'm just playing the same old same content and i'm bored.

I just went to Saturn- Telesto for mine. Bring a nuke frame and rinse the mission until you spawn one. Took me only about 3 runs to do it.

TBH, my truest thoughts on this update now that its finally out....

the nerf to maiming strike, blood rush, and weeping wounds is honestly fking bs.

30 slide attacks, still can't red crit on 145 bombards. same build. nope they're not dead. 

pre - update? 2 slide attacks to red crit. 5 slide attacks in total to kill level 145 bombards.

revert the nerfs to these mods. no one is happy about this and i'm sure as shet i'm not the only one who just completely stopped using melee all together after finding this out.

The new melee system also fked gun blades. I've been a mesa main for years, so guess what's in my "normal everyday" loadout? Mesa prime and redeemer prime. so, yeah. gun blades are currently fked if the only stance you have is high noon. And the added visual effects on the Danaus sword and shield skin is absolutely obnoxious. I'm trying my hardest to not be at all negative but Lord behold my eyes are bleeding from looking at it. Just please for the love of fk, stop ruining melee. It's the last thing this game has that makes it relevant for some of us veterans WHO ARE STILL WAITING ON L.O.R to return

The New Lich system is overly tedious. As all things tenno, it is either poorly explained or not explained at all in game. Good outline but it needs touching up. Preferably an actual tutorial where you play through your first lich assassination once the player first unlocks the kuva fortress (obviously). Or atleast once the player unlocks a random node in the kuva fortress. And obviously if you've already cleared the star chart at current, you just have the option to go and do that tutorial.

A new relic system is a great idea! however, having to farm relics that contains the mods you need to EVEN CHALLENGE YOUR LICH TO BEGIN WITH is a dumb idea. It makes the system feel not worth the time to play. Considering that this update is probably the first in a while that had actual content, but instead it just looks like a giant pay wall to get around all of the idiotic and non time worthy bs. To be more specific, for some God !@#$ reason you need special AND certain mods on your assassin's creed blade to EVEN CHALLENGE the lich to begin with. These special and certain mods are in the new kuva relics, which you gotta farm from siphons and what not you no life having kuva farmer boys would know. THEN, you gotta go to a void fissure mission in the kuva fortress, with said relic, to try and get one of the mods -- bear in mind there's only 2 of the mods in each relic. And if you've ever farmed relics before, prepare your rear end, cuz papa tenno ain't giving reach arounds today.

Even I shouldn't have to tell you, how dumb of an idea this is.

"Hey, let's take a farming system that is already tedious, boring, and wastes hundreds of our customer's hours and let's make it even more tedious, more boring, and an even more time waster. "

"Or, we could just let them fight the liches without these "special" -- useless -- and "certain" -- useless-- mods. I mean, aren't the liches suppose to be immortal anyways? Isn't that what we've been advertising for the past year and a half?"

"Jeff, you're fired."

Embers changes are decent. Which for me, besides hydroid's and zephyr's reworks, this is the first rework that I have absolutely no complaints about. 

Almost.

Embers fourth ability is nice. high damaging. but its garbage.

Instead of automatically targeting all enemies around ember within a reasonable radius, you have to manually aim at an enemy and it will target all enemies in that area (maybe 10-15m radius targeting. Which, if ya brain is smart -- that's small af). I mean, I see you renamed it to Inferno but still jesus Christ atleast make it to where it still lives up to the legacy of "World on Fire". Pre nerf btw. not the previous dog $h%t ember where Rebecca tried to pretend it was good in MOT. Who remembers her bailing the mission before TWO mfkin minutes. And then tried to say it was a good rework. ON LIVE STREAM. If I let my wife lie to me with that straight of a face all the time -- i'm not even married.

Also, with ember's new 2nd -- she lost her CC. Ya know, that 5 second blinded animation enemies played when you used to use it to make them more vulnerable to fire damage? Yeah, that. Not a big deal when her 3 NOW always knocks down enemies.

Oh and her 2nd ability works just like her previous god awful world on fire. It will slowly drain her energy and then out of the pale blue fekkin sky, yer tank's gone dry. And the worst part about it, she doesn't even fkin explodes like a nuke or anything while sacrificing all of her energy or whatever when her little fire gauge is full. it just stops at fking 90% each time. So, uhhh incomplete rework(s)? Tbh, I was expecting a smaller version of the Orb Mother death explosion effects considering we've gone all month with no update. But for absolutely nothing to happen? My god.

But, other than that. Everything's peachy.

Buuut i'm pretty sure Rathelius is still gonna be preaching about the Vauban rework. Where's Vauban's armor stripping? That's kinda REALLY important.

Also Titania's deluxe skin's skirt gets misplaced when in razorwing. Honestly, it looks kinda cool in my opinion. It's like her skirt turns into a miniature parachute when she goes into razorwing so its unnoticeable to me at this point.

I think the new kavat is... kinda useless. I thought it would be but wanted to wait to try it out, and it is. The reason being is because we already have 2 kavats that do everything a tenno would want -- Buff, heal (mods), and distract enemies. The new kavat it can't buff. Granted, what i'm going to say next -- I also fall into this category. The new kavat is good and kinda cool if you're not really try harding and sweating about buffs and stuff -- generally playing every day missions and what not. Or if you just like the look of the kavat and wanted something seasonal to play with.

25 minutes ago, Toran said:

The "fun" of Hunting Kuva Liches:
- Kill a Larvling in a L20+ Grineer Mission to create a Lich (RNG 1)
- Find out the three required requiem mods (for Parazon) to kill the Lich by killing thralls in Lich-Territory (missions on planets with red aura). Prepare to kill hundreds of em...
- Farm Requiem Relics in Kuva Siphon/Kuva Flood Siphons - (RNG 2)
- Farm the needed Mods in Requiem fissures (RNG 3)
- Find the right combination to kill your Lich by trial and error (27 combinations!, RNG 4)
- Kill your lich for a crappy affinity weapon (we all know the majority of the weapons suck) or convert him to join you in battle (what for?)

Grind- and funwise this is a new low, congratulations.

Which boring and hideous creature comes up with the conceipt for such a pile of crap? Why you treat us like imbeciles?

Tenno, get loud - make some noise!

Can you bypass any part of that process by paying plat? That's usually the reason for tedium and frustration in free-to-play games with a business model that relies on people paying money to not have to play the game. Nobody would pay to have less fun. Although DE in particular does have a history of making even those parts of the game that you can't skip by paying money hideously grindy, so who knows. Maybe they've just been in the f2p game design headspace too long and they're now so out of touch they think this is fun?

Edited by SordidDreams

vor 1 Minute schrieb SordidDreams:

Can you bypass any part of that process by paying plat? That's usually the reason for tedium and frustration in free-to-play games with a business model that relies on people paying money to not have to play the game. Nobody would pay to have less fun. Although DE in particular does have a history of making even those parts of the game that you can't skip by paying money hideously grindy, so who knows. Maybe they've just been in the f2p game design headspace too long and they're now so out of touch they think this is fun?

You can buy a lich collection pack for 800something plat, holding all eight lich mods. Beware though those mods have three charges each that are used up on killing/converting a Lich as far as I know. This is a very fishy update...

8 hours ago, Toran said:

You can buy a lich collection pack for 800something plat, holding all eight lich mods. Beware though those mods have three charges each that are used up on killing/converting a Lich as far as I know. This is a very fishy update...

Yeah, so there you go, there's your reason for the grind.

Though I do question the decision to put the kuva larvlings into regular missions only. I never play those anymore, literally all I do is sorties, sanctuary, fissures, floods, and arbies. If I have to go out of my way to spawn the liches, especially if those larvlings are as rare as they seem to be, then I guess once the novelty wears off it's just going to become yet another system that I never interact with. Which I guess is good in a way, since I won't have a lich randomly forced on me and stealing my loot? But on the other hand, if the whole lich system just disappears from my game like that, I also won't have any incentive to pay that plat to get the mod pack. So it's the worst of both worlds, bad for people who actually want to engage with the system and go through the process, because the process is not fun, and bad for fleecing people who want to avoid the process, because they can just choose to not start it at all instead of having to pay to skip it.

Edit: Turns out the lich missions are separate from everything else too, which means there's no downside to having a lich active, since they can't even steal from you unless you specifically go out of your way to allow them to by doing these separate missions. I thought it would be like syndicate invasions, that they'd just kinda show up whenever to spice up whatever you happen to be doing at the moment. This is even more reason to never interact with this system. There's no reason to do even normal starchart missions, and lich missions give you even less since some of the stuff gets stolen.

Edited by SordidDreams

I appreciate your glorious update so much. Thank you DE.

However, Titania tweak is, to be honest, really disappointing and not a reason to use her in most of the missions. Although her kits are seriously terrible and outdated design, DE seems to be satisfied with her given small tweak making her better but not good/useful in the game while players are completely not. The examples include her 1st just makes enemies hard to kill, and her 3rd has buggy function to which enemies often ignore despite they are in the range and visible.The fact that we have to wait extra years to see her actually reworked is killing me as long as the developers think "She is good if you know how to use her". 

Edited by alseltas

Il y a 6 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Disc Duration is now a base of 10 seconds and is increased by the Combo Multiplier

Millions of Tennos pressing F at the same moment, causing a shift in earth orbit, and tidal waves hitting the coasts a few hours later, ending most of humanity.

But wait, how fast and how high can the new combo go ?

The only direct nerf about this new zenistar duration is when used with Ivara... 

1 hour ago, Gaikki said:

Aww, I was hoping for the death of the slide spams doodoos to drop with this update... 

Maiming strike is actually dead. As of right now it does jack all even on the Fragor Prime.

2 minutes ago, Fanzschnabs said:

Millions of Tennos pressing F at the same moment, causing a shift in earth orbit, and tidal waves hitting the coasts a few hours later, ending most of humanity.

But wait, how fast and how high can the new combo go ?

The only direct nerf about this new zenistar duration is when used with Ivara... 

Well seeing as I hit combo cap of 12x in a few short moments with a Paracesis

pretty fast

Hi,started playing this game since 2014.This update is the second worst thing that has ever happened to this game !! The grendal missions are completely S#&$,i get the idea of hard but there is nothing fun about them.

The fact that you are selling relics and those new immortal mods on the market for plat bundled up with cosmetics is just a huge joke. First of the color pallets and the armor at most be bundled together. You just cannot sell relics and mods like those when they are so RNG dependent.The pay 2 skip grind was never as big as it is now. The kuva lich weapons are still quite the mr fodder.

Melee is quite dead now. Condition Overload got gutted destroyed etc. Basically might as well just remove it from the game at this point.The normal Reach is a big joke,primed reach should be at least 5 ,,range'' total.Heavy Attacks are SOOOO SLOW,the fact that a single heavy attack drains all my combo meter is just unbelievable bad.The fact that it takes so long to do a heavy attack if i get staggered mid animation i lose ALL my combo meter and not launch any attack and get knockdown. Most of the heavy weapons like Gram,glatine,war,zaws etc. they're stances don't feel as anything was changed it's just much more fluid to do combos but besides that nothing.

The Redeemer,man this is now a worthless weapon with CO being nerfed in the ground. Critical redeemer doesn't work pressing normal E does about 200 DMG fully maxed out and modded. Heavy attacks do dmg but it attacks so slowly that nothing that can speed that S#&$ up will ever work to make it up for what it was before.

I almost uninstalled the game for the first time after trying out this S#&$. Relics,Immortal mods,kuva weapons are tradable and ofc Rivens everything is just Gamble city. To be honest i'm done and out for a while until yall at DE fix the game.

GambleFrame just ruined the game congrats.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Glaives

As a general note, self damage has been removed from Glaive power throws. As this decision made it through the testing pipeline, some mentioned this impacts a specific Chroma interaction, but positively impacts 41 other Warframes. 

More specifically, the Power Throw Mod has been changed to not create explosions when hitting an object or enemy on its last bounce, it solely offers a Punchthrough addition. 

Really?

Of those 41 other Warframes in testing, what % of time in a mission were glaives being used for -not- self damaging?  How much time was spent using non-melee weapons? 

In my 3000+ hour foray into this game, I've very rarely seen non-Chromas running around with glaives, and they definitely weren't kissing the ground the entire time.

This basically just solidifies Concealed Explosives, a primary weapon with a cautiously-built Cautious Shot (hah), or the Komorex (shudder) as the Vex Armor building go-to; there's no way one's relying on a Zaw with Exodia Contagion on it.  You block half the damage with the weird bullet jump > block > melee combo you have to do with it now, or you have to build its damage exceedingly low (which can still put you in a precarious spot since it can proc Viral damage).

Meanwhile, Rhino and Mirage get to run around scot-free when Mirage throws out 5 Zenistar discs and Rhino has a crap-ton of armor at the press of a button.  And also can provide TEAM DAMAGE BUFFS (when built properly).

For some people, big numbers = fun gameplay.  The numbers just keep getting smaller in my opinion.

à l’instant, RWBY-WhiteRose a dit :

Maiming strike is actually dead. As of right now it does jack all even on the Fragor Prime.

Well seeing as I hit combo cap of 12x in a few short moments with a Paracesis

pretty fast

Well, paracesis IS faster than Zenistar, and I guess hitting multiple enemies in the same swing count as more combo points...

Time to rock that heavy blade stance !

Just now, FerdinantFreez said:

I pity all the sheep that Thank you, DE. Horrible Lich system, pathetic reworks, killing Endurance with melee nerf. GfknG

Heya there

Vauban's is actually decent, idk about Ember

Lich looks like a lot of RNG, will try out later

Revenant still exists. And the CO nerf wasn't all that bad.

2 minutes ago, Vectrometer said:

Really?

Of those 41 other Warframes in testing, what % of time in a mission were glaives being used for -not- self damaging?  How much time was spent using non-melee weapons? 

In my 3000+ hour foray into this game, I've very rarely seen non-Chromas running around with glaives, and they definitely weren't kissing the ground the entire time.

This basically just solidifies Concealed Explosives, a primary weapon with a cautiously-built Cautious Shot (hah), or the Komorex (shudder) as the Vex Armor building go-to; there's no way one's relying on a Zaw with Exodia Contagion on it.  You block half the damage with the weird bullet jump > block > melee combo you have to do with it now, or you have to build its damage exceedingly low (which can still put you in a precarious spot since it can proc Viral damage).

Meanwhile, Rhino and Mirage get to run around scot-free when Mirage throws out 5 Zenistar discs and Rhino has a crap-ton of armor at the press of a button.  And also can provide TEAM DAMAGE BUFFS (when built properly).

For some people, big numbers = fun gameplay.  The numbers just keep getting smaller in my opinion.

Tis a sad fact but power ceilings are coming into play

Also I've been running around with the Glaive Prime a fair bit as of late