Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

wow never thought the game could get any more grindy man DE has out done themself hours and hours of faarm for the hint of the mond thing then againfarm for relic  notfinished agai farm for the mod  then u can kill one litch and after that tarthe ame process again   THANkyou DE 

I find the Heavy strike balance strange.

Why would i use the standard Heavy strike since the Heavy Slam can be used very quickly on every weapons (just quick tap jump+attack, height isn't even required), and does not have damage falloff. It's basically faster and wider, doesn't require to stay immobile (which is counter productive on enemies that are yet to be CC), and you can even use dodge to cancel the animation delay at the end of it. (also special effects such as Life Strike work on Heavy slams too.)

In some pretty old devstreams, the Heavy Slams had a delay, with your character suspended in the air and charging his attack in a similar fashion as charged attacks. Wouldn't that make more sense ? Either that or regular Heavy attacks not requiring a delay.

Additionaly, i don't even understand the need to have a separate input for both Slam attacks, since you'll end up with a regular slam if you're out of combo counter.

Edited by Apocryphos13

il y a 13 minutes, kanzu a dit :

Why the changes to channeling? Now it's just a damn clunky mess!

Before, you could just pop it on and off with a simple button press, now? OH GEE WIZ GOTTA WAIT AND STOP MY MOVEMENT (which is keeping me alive by the way) TO DO A LONG WINDUP SLOW ATTACK AND THEN HIT SOMETHING TO GET SOME USE OUT OF LIFE STRIKE BEFORE I HAVE TO REPEAT THAT BECAUSE IN THE TIME I GOT THE HEALTH BACK I LOST IT AGAIN DUE TO NOT MOVING AND ENEMIES ATTACKING ME

DID NOBODY SEE THIS IN PLAY-TESTING?

You can use a much faster Heavy Slam instead. But as i mentionned above, it makes regular heavy attacks obsolete due to the charge delay, it's pretty unbalanced indeed.

Edited by Apocryphos13

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Prisma Machete

Damage increased from 25 to 193

Range increased from 1 to 2.5

Status Chance increased from 10% to 31%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 15%

Critical Damage increased from 1.5x to 1.9x

We don't have the weapon yet though. When?

vor 14 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Unique/Exalted

Garuda’s Claws

• Parry Angle set to 60
  • Range increased from 1 to 2.2
  • Damage increased from 72 to 180 

Desert Wind

• Parry Angle set to 60
  • Range increased from 1 to 1.2

Exalted Blade

• Parry Angle set to 60
  • Range increased from 1 to 2.8
  • Heavy Attacks added

Valkyr’s Claws

• Parry Angle set to 60
  • Range increased from 0.5 to 1.7

Iron Staff

• Parry Angle set to 65
  • Heavy Attacks added

Are Titania's weapons not considered Exalted? I'm missing Diwata here. If they are not considered Exalted may I kindly ask to have back the Acolyt Mods for them and or the exilus slot for the Dex Pixia.

il y a 1 minute, kanzu a dit :

Just give us a way to go back to the previous  melee system or the one before that. The current one is just #*!%ed beyond belief, poorly done rather.

As much as Heavy attacks are inconsistent and the lift mechanic strange to get used to, the rework isn't that bad. The stances and combo inputs are much better, and the balance and range changes were much needed. On top of that, you can use Healing Return instead of Life Strike if the delay is too punishing for you.

The melee changes look like a big oof. Pretty much screwing over people who invested a lot into loadout, but buffing early game/new players. And not just the spin2win. You're basically either destroying or heavily nerfing pretty much every viable melee build (outside buffing new players who don't have proper mods of course). 

Nerf on bloodrush destroys the bigger chunk of all crit builds. Maiming strike nerf destroys all builds using conventional or unconventional weapons for spin attacks.

Gunblade stance changes, if I understood correctly, destroy both redeemer prime crit and sarpa status builds.

Condition overload changes won't destroy my Balla build fortunately, it should shred early levels twice as hard, but it was a build I had for really late game, for which it's a nerf.

Range nerf hits almost every roomblender weapon, which was 95% or so of all melees used.

Honestly, by trying to expand the meta all you did was streamline all weapons to be more similar to eacg other, and destroyed most build choices.

I guess my paracesis/galatine prime with cleaving whirlwind/tempo royale should still be close-ish maybe? Since all weapons are basically getting a baseline multiplier of about 2.5, but losing almost all synergies besides the most basic ones of all mods.

Honestly, looks like melee will get way more boring.

Where before we had the gunblade, the spin2win, the condition overload, the cleaving whirlwind/tempo royale builds and the covert lethality build archetypes, seems like you just deleted most of them, and replaced with a much more streamlined melee devoid of all tbe uniqueness each build had.

As a person who always returns for big updates, not sure how I feel about coming back when builds I literally spent a thousand hours to build up to are suddenly destroyed. I wouldn't mind if they were no longer top-tier, that's to be expected. But destroyed completely like this... ouch.

Might have to look for another game like this, where something I spent literally ages to acquire does not suddenly get taken away.

Then again, maybe Im just being too harsh, but that's my first impression, doing some maths in my head.

Edited by Scissorsmith
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Apocryphos13 said:

As much as Heavy attacks are inconsistent and the lift mechanic strange to get used to, the rework isn't that bad. The stances and combo inputs are much better, and the balance and range changes were much needed. On top of that, you can use Healing Return instead of Life Strike if the delay is too punishing for you.

I wasn't talking to you, hence me never quoting you, like I am now. God damn.

Using a Redeemer feels odd now, the animations break the flow of the game. Making a somersault when using "Neutral Combo (Melee button only)" before every shot is just wrong and it looks embarrsaing.

The different button options for different attacks are unnecessary, DE should have kept the controls simple. I prefer to not play memory with my keyboard.

il y a 3 minutes, Scissorsmith a dit :

Gunblade stance changes, if I understood correctly, destroy both redeemer prime crit and sarpa status builds.

With the right adjustment, the dps remains pretty good on both, just give it some time. Tho i do agree that gunblade stances feel clumsy.

il y a 6 minutes, Scissorsmith a dit :

Range nerf hits almost every roomblender weapon, which was 95% or so of all melees used.

Honestly, by trying to expand the meta all you did was streamline all weapons to be more similar to eacg other, and destroyed most build choices.

That's pretty much the intent, and it's actually a good thing. Can you describe what was interesting about the previous version of melee ? Spin2win and Quick melee polearms were basically turning melee into a Clicker game.

This update actually put efforts into adding new mechanics and different approaches to use the melee. They might not get it just right yet, but allow yourself some time to get used to the new features.

Does anyone else feels that the bullet jump is strange since the update?
I feel like the second jump is always going downwards!

Also with the new melee:
Now the normal slide attack is getting mixed with the stance technique that has combo (move forward+melee attack), this is kind of irritating.
At least have us the option to switch on and off techniques in the stance!

It would be also great to have counter on the new parazon mods.
I just got two of the same and the second one not even available, so it is lost.

13 minutes ago, Apocryphos13 said:

With the right adjustment, the dps remains pretty good on both, just give it some time. Tho i do agree that gunblade stances feel clumsy.

That's pretty much the intent, and it's actually a good thing. Can you describe what was interesting about the previous version of melee ? Spin2win and Quick melee polearms were basically turning melee into a Clicker game.

This update actually put efforts into adding new mechanics and different approaches to use the melee. They might not get it just right yet, but allow yourself some time to get used to the new features.

Fair enough.

As I said, i expected the spin2win nerf and explored almost all the other viable melee paths, not like I was just using spin2win "...the gunblade, the spin2win, the condition overload, the cleaving whirlwind/tempo royale builds and the covert lethality build archetypes..."

The two things wrong with the melee changes are:

One - it hit not just the spin2win meta, but the changes were so heavy handed they destroed/changed/nerfed all the ofher archetypes I mentioned, plus even most of my fun niche builds. Never seen any game I play do that before.

And two, roomblenders were kind of fun in the way horde shooters are fun - to phase out once in a while not worrying about anything and just farm. I was expecting a nerf, but this is waaaaay over the top.

The bonus thing wrong with the changes I would add is the time I spent making all the build work, so I would have at least one viable build for future content. All that effort is now wasted, which is frustrating and makes me want to play the game less.

Edited by Scissorsmith

I can't speak for all the weapons, but I have to say the Tonfa stances have gotten pretty impressive. Reach is a bit better too. Combo seems to expire rather quickly even with +10s on there, is the extra time actually applying?

Ohma's added Impact and (very slight) slash weren't a bad addition, though I doubt we can recommend anyone put the %impact mods on there.

One thing though: Still not seeing any stealth bonuses from any Zenith kills ever so that still seems to be a bug (even from afar, semi and hushed, it also cancels the affinity-combo whenever used)

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

IMMOLATION

Drains energy way too fast, you can go from full to 0 without even noticing, but if you dont have it at max, you dont have the 90% dmg resuction, so you either run out of energy and die or get hit on low reduction and die.

Suggestion: make it so you get the 90% from start, so you can choose more dmg in total or more energy.

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

FIREBALL

Still basically useless, unless for a cheap way to max out immolation, but then you end up draining all energy even faster. She cant take a hit versus higher levels to charge the ability multiple times for the damage to be relevant

Suggestion: replace fireball with "fire orb" summon a orb that fires fireballs at enemies, it howers either above you and follows you or you can place it somewhere like a defence objective. Would be a great addition imo.

Edited by MidgetDude1

il y a 7 minutes, Keyhound a dit :

wait, reload mods arent going to become exilus? why? they are almost never used, but can add alot to many weapons, like the twin rogga(which, lets be honest, really needs to be a 1 sec reload weapon).

They said they wouldn't add any mod that increases dps to the exilus slot, reload speed does that.

Kuva lich feedback / changes that I think need to be made:

• Less thralls
  • More murmur for each thrall
  • Murmur for mission completion
  • Getting to 100% for each symbol should be half of what it currently is
  • What if you end up getting a lich with a weapon that you already have? A different element doesn't necessarily mean that you'll want it and afaik the only way to get rid of a lich is to kill it or to make it your ally. It's a very tedious process to go through, especially if there are not any rewards to be had.

I don't know if this was the right place to post this but better here than nowhere.

EDIT: Also, some Melee Feedback:

• The changes to Blood Rush and to the combo multiplier have made other critical chance mods completely redundant. For example, I have a Ninkondi riven that has a little over 120% critical chance. It's a high disposition weapon, this should be a very good roll. But with Blood Rush it's easy to achieve over 600%! Not to forget that the regular True Steel gives only 60%, half of what I have on my riven.
Edited by Sceles
  • Like 1

i am pretty sure the calculation for blood rush and gladiator set is wrong or heavily stealth nerfed it used to add the crit chance after all sorts of crits but now it seems it only scales off of base crit chance i tried a gram prime with 51.2% crit blood rush+4gladiator mod=100% per combo multiplier and i can't get red crits before 11x combo while i should get it before 6x