Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

Speaking of Exilus mods, why is Hawk Eye not Exilus, when Eagle Eye is?

Is there some balance reason, why it's ok for the base rifle zoom boost mod to be considered pure utility and be assigned as Exilus, but the base pistol zoom mod cannot? Air Recon for pistols is Exilus, so clearly an utility zoom buff for pistols is not inherently a no-no.

I realise that normally people don't care much about zoom, but wasn't that the point for weapon Exilus in the first place, that mods like that would now more likely be used, too? So why the unnecessary restriction here?

Without the functionality of "rerolling" a Lich I think I'm done with this update. I don't want to keep getting repeat kuva weapons that I can't control when the only kuva weapon I want is the Drak.

I think a good fix to this problem is just make the Lichs have one of the kuva weapons you don't own or have mastered. That way people can reliably get the weapons they want even if it's the last one to get, they know they'll get it before seeing a repeat 

Edited by Veshkiidryn

11 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

Hawk Eye (pistol zoom mod) isn't an Exilus for some reason?

Was this a bug, forgotten or deliberate for some reason I can't fathom?

The only deliberate reason I could fathom, is that Hawk Eye is twice as "powerful" as Eagle Eye (+80% vs +40%), but even that doesn't really make sense, because, outside of elementals, it's well established that mods for different weapon categories can have wildly different stats, like crit mods, multishot mods, etc.

Honestly, if that's the case, I would much rather they nerf Hawk eye, if that's the condition of allowing it to enter Exilus. People are still more likely to use a nerfed Hawk Eye in Exilus slot in their Secondary builds, than use the current Hawk Eye in normal mod slots.

Edited by IronRoby

Kuva Lich criticism:

1.I've seen some cases where peoples' requiem relics/mods being stolen by their lich. How are we meant to beat the kuva liches if we can't farm out stuff that are necessary to kill them. (might be a bug but if its a feature, its a bad one in my opinion).

2.The grind for knowing which requiem to use is a tad bit much I would say lower it from 50 kills per requiem to like 40, its a bit over the top of a grind if it remains at 50 in my opinion. I get you guys want to put grind into this but I feel its a tiny bit over top and just needs to be knocked down a tiny bit.

Edited by SuperSmog
I had a 3rd critique that I changed my mind on and decided to remove.

Am I missing something ... or does it seem impossible to make a stealth melee kill now thereby rendering Inaros relatively useless?

Surely I'm missing something, but what? Help!

edit: Yup, missing my brain. Press F for forehead smacks.

Edited by Dank-Dispensor

After playing Grendel for a couple hours, I can't help but wonder.. why is the duration on his buffs so short? Other frames just press the ability button, for a similar duration, Wisp just deploys infinite-duration buffs - Grendel has to consume "a certain type of enemy" to activate one of the three buffs, and he's being energy drained while carrying enemies in his gut.

So many restrictions for a buff that might not even hit your team mates when you finally can pull it off. I'm a bit disappointed a wished you could either choose the buff, or double the duration by consuming two enemies, or something. :(

Also, Grendel's 4th ability is no fun in regular corridor based levels.. can't steer it well enough, and the damage it does is.. not sufficient either, in my opinion.

Good job on the melee rework, I like it overall! 

The only gripe I have is basically all crit mods being subpar to Blood Rush now. For example, why would I use a 1x 60% cc True Steel mod when Blood Rush just gives me up to 12 times more? with Diminishing returns it's not even worth slotting other crit mods anymore. Perhaps if true steel gave maybe a +20% flat crit chance, things would look differently.

Rework Criticism:

Vauban- Make his 1 have a 100% proc chance otherwise its really mediocre and literally worse than wisps 1 that can do even more than just her shock mote. Also speed up his animations by like 10-30% because they are not as fast as they used to be and natural talent feels almost mandatory.

Ember- Make her gain in heat on her 2 not as aggressive after you press her 3 as it feels like I have to spam her 3 draining loads of energy just so it doesn't increase insanely fast.

Titania- Add the option to turn the automatic vacuum  on her 4 on and off just because in many situations I find I want to conserve energy orbs on the ground so I don't waste them.

Edited by SuperSmog

I have to say, I am incredibly disappointed with Vauban's rework. He lost the one means he had of stripping armor, and generally if your relying on CC (in warframe) its probably because you've hit a point where DPS frames cant keep up the damage to kills enemies. That shred grenade was handy and a good way to help strip armor off heavies, and for him to have lost that sucks. That speed pad is a joke as well. The bounce pad was also a joke, but at least you could throw a bunch out on terminals to prevent the enemy from taking over a interception point. Just get rid of it, because frankly if we're looking for speed boosts, we'd be using Volt or Wisp. His Orbital Strike disappoints me most of all. Even with 170 power strength, A level 30 corrupted heavy gunner is able to shrug it off. Level 30. If they're walking it off at say level 70 or 80 fine, acceptable. But at level 30? Oof.

It just feels bad, and it doesnt seem to have fixed the issues Vauban suffers from. Hes a very stationary frame from a time when CC was king, and the game has moved on from that. (Nyx also suffers from this same issue but atleast she can strip armor/debuff.) Either CC is given actually purpose and a need to be used, or Vauban (and Nyx) will continue to be hardly used stagnant frames thats only real purpose is Mastery Fodder.

Which is a darn shame, because Ember feels great. The melee rework feels great (Fang Prime finally got the buffs it needed, hurrah!). And Vauban feels like three steps backwards and a trip down a flight of stairs.

With respect to the Orvis:

The fun thing about this Glaive was making pinatas, then easily shooting them. But now I cannot do this.
My strategy was to dual-weild the atomos and Orvis, use the channel throw to make a puppet, then shoot. Thats: Hold E, left click.
Now I have to: Hold F (melee only), right click (block), middle mouse (alternate fire throw), mouse wheel down (switch to gun), left click (shoot)

TLDR; Orvis used to make puppets, now I'm unarmed untill it comes back

1 hour ago, Azara. said:

I have to say, I am incredibly disappointed with Vauban's rework. He lost the one means he had of stripping armor, and generally if your relying on CC (in warframe) its probably because you've hit a point where DPS frames cant keep up the damage to kills enemies. That shred grenade was handy and a good way to help strip armor off heavies, and for him to have lost that sucks. That speed pad is a joke as well. The bounce pad was also a joke, but at least you could throw a bunch out on terminals to prevent the enemy from taking over a interception point. Just get rid of it, because frankly if we're looking for speed boosts, we'd be using Volt or Wisp. His Orbital Strike disappoints me most of all. Even with 170 power strength, A level 30 corrupted heavy gunner is able to shrug it off. Level 30. If they're walking it off at say level 70 or 80 fine, acceptable. But at level 30? Oof.

It just feels bad, and it doesnt seem to have fixed the issues Vauban suffers from. Hes a very stationary frame from a time when CC was king, and the game has moved on from that. (Nyx also suffers from this same issue but atleast she can strip armor/debuff.) Either CC is given actually purpose and a need to be used, or Vauban (and Nyx) will continue to be hardly used stagnant frames thats only real purpose is Mastery Fodder.

Which is a darn shame, because Ember feels great. The melee rework feels great (Fang Prime finally got the buffs it needed, hurrah!). And Vauban feels like three steps backwards and a trip down a flight of stairs.

I really want to know your build, because that's absolutely NOT my experience with the new Vauban.

Did you actually read the new power description ?

- Boost pads affect enemies no matter where they comes from, they are thrown into the boost pad direction. It's an actual OFFENSIVE TOOL. Use it close to a cliff and they all get thrown off. Use in the path of your Bastille and they all get inside it.

- At 175% strenght, Damage buff give me 44% more damage on my weapon. It's a bit better than a rifle aura mod. Not very good, certainly not Chroma level, but a welcome buff at a low price still.

- His 1 is now pretty good.

- Bastille now strips armor. Completely. At 175% strenght they lose 17.5% armor per seconds. That means they get red Health after 6 seconds in.

His general gameplay now is : use 1 and damage boost constantly. Against mid-level enemies (up to 70-80)  and trash mob, use Vortex to group then together and then nuke with 3. Against high-armor enemies or actual dangerous hordes, use Bastille to strip armor first, then collapse into Vortex, then Nuke (or just nuke inside the Bastille if the enemies are in range of his 3). I experimented a bit against Corrupted HMG, and level 110 HMG get killed with one or two shot of his 3 after the armor strips is done.

And Bastille also gives you up to 1000 armor. Which is pretty useful too, though I really need to add Adaptation on my Vauban, for a bit better survivability in general gameplay.

I played him all day and I had incredible fun. I mostly spammed 4 and 3 and honestly it's almost all you need for generic content. The hardest part of his build now is that you need all stats. You need Efficiency, Mid to High Range, Mid to high Power, and mid to high Duration.

I just can't believe someone could say the new Vauban is weaker than before. Only the Tying Grenade is completely useless in his new kit. I found at least niche use for everything else. Yeah, even the nail gun can actually do decent damage to armor stripped enemies.

And for the best part : you can use his 3 and 4 in the middle of a jump without any animation lock. It feels so satisfying to use. And his 3 is spammable infinitely, you can literally just send 2 of them in the same spot within 2 seconds.

EDIT : also Nyx is far from being obsolete. She's a niche frame, but she has her use. She's very strong in Disruption for example.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

Melee (Guandao as example) is just not satisfying anymore, I'm not talking about nerfs of range and mods, but the moveset.. Half of the animations are just cut off, there is only ONE(!) "combo" left + basic lmb-lmb with short, cheap and repetitive animation.

Weapon exilus slots are nice, but their polarity is simple wrong for the most of things, would be better with no polarities at all.

Additional tabs in loadout feels inconvenient, tho I'm ok with items, compations must be at same screen with warframe, unlike parazon, it's something that needs to be changed and looked at from build to build.

I hardly ever see kuva relics drop from siphons but always get them from floods (Yes I know its 30% but it happens so rarely I think it bugged)

Also apparently liches can steal kuva relics making it harder to farm them. I don't think they should do that.

Edited by AbstractLemons
clarity

So what happened to my favorite melee combos?

Defiled Snapdragon is now missing the best combo. Can't remember what it was called. The one where you pause.

Clashing Forest is missing the cartwheel combo

Tempo Royale is missing two of the most useful combos in the game. The RMB+E and the "back button/down arrow"+E

Please give us the option to use old/new melee combos as a setting because the new ones SUCK.

All you just did was incentivize the laziest tactic in the game. Spin to win.

Also, STILL NO LARVALING has spawned for me. What gives? I see people already running around with lich weapons and I haven't even gotten a damn larva to start the process.

Edited by UrKungFuNoGood
added a word

19 minutes ago, Dis_Penser101 said:

Additional tabs in loadout feels inconvenient, tho I'm ok with items, compations must be at same screen with warframe, unlike parazon, it's something that needs to be changed and looked at from build to build.

Very much this. Companions need to be on the same tab as your frame and weapons.

Thank you for ruining melees. Now that CO is much worse. Half of my melees are barely usable. I appreciate the update. Hopefully I can find something to bring me back into the game but I think this sealed the deal for me. And I appreciate trying to save stuff that was unusable. But so much I loved isn't usable anymore and actually feels really bad on top of the stances that don't even feel good.(Some of the new stances are cool/good.)

This is coming from someone where melee is the reason I still play after these years.