Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

Controller binds are broken, although not according to UI... 

Can't aim, crouch, slide, roll, (or I assume move down in Archwing)...

Edit: Original Xbox 360 controller. (the Xbone I had to use when you last messed with controllers broke apart within a few days, but glad to see you went back to supporting the 360 ones).

Edit 2: Rebinding the keyboard Crouch/Roll fixed not being able to crouch or roll. Because reasons?!?!

Edit 3: (Hot) fixed!

Edited by OnceADrog
Issues resolved by hotfixes

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Disc Duration is now a base of 10 seconds and is increased by the Combo Multiplier

For zenistar this is completely pointless. The entire point of the weapon is additional damage that is not really as good as alot of other melees, but you trade an effective melee weapon for the AOE. This kills the weapon

• Like 1

So after reading through the release notes and playing the new version for 30 minutes I can only say that it seems DE hired David Benioff and D. B. Weiss to create the new content. The list of nerf's, game-play debauchery, added complexity (really ciphers for  to kill something?), etc... is mind boggling. 

This right here is just pathetic "Your Lich is immortal until you figure out the correct combination of Requiem Mods - the precise order matters" The only thing that makes any sense is that the Developers do not play Warframe. Sad.

• Like 2

Oh boy i was really hyped about this update, but then i read the patchnotes....

Well i just want to tell you what i dont like (in a constructive way!!!), when you read my stuff, remember one thing, i am a veteran player (since 2013) with over 2k hours:

If you want my feedback in a voiced + video form, watch Brozimes video: 

1. Requiem Stuff:

The new Requiem system is, for me and alot of other players tastes, too much grind.

First layer of grind is the aquisition of Requiem Relics, 30% is, in my opinion (and Brozimes) too low, it should be 50% for a Kuva Siphon Mission.

Second Layer would be the aquisition of traces (which is already a terrible grind without any boosters), and you need them desperately to get the rare drops (which the requiem mods are) and sometimes RNG still hates you and you wont get a single rare drop even after 8 radiant group runs (4x8 radiant relics!).

Third Layer of grind would be, that the requiem mods have a limited amount of charges, remember you will lose 1 charge of 3! Requiem mods if you've got the right order.

All in all, this level is grind is too much and i hope you are just testing out the not so player friendly end of (digital) extremes.

Even without the grind mentioned above, you have to farm Requiem Relics, farm traces, farm the rare mods, killing lich thralls to know the 3 mods you need to kill the lich, fight the lich several times to figure out what order you need.

Thats already a good amount of grind and would be more than enough without the other aspects you've implemented and which i mentioned.

I dont know if my english is good enough, that you understand what i mean, if not, watch Brozimes Video linked above.

2. Kuva Weapons:

Not much of a problem with the new weapons, even tho i wish there would be more new and better properties to make weak weapons (Seer, Kraken, Ogris etc.) more viable.

My major concern is the following:

When you Vanquish a Lich, you’ll get its Kuva Weapon variant that is completely unique to your Lich. The base weapons are as follows, with custom stats depending on your Lich

what are the custom weapons stats?

If this is some kind of system like we have with rivens, oh boy the amount of RNG and grind would be overwhelming.

3.Grendel

Yes i havent played him, but i think i can give a good guess why he will be pretty weak, but fun for a few hours.

PASSIVE:

Each enemy consumed grants 50 bonus Armor.

Ye, 50 bonus armor is nice, BUT his 1 has a little "flaw" which negates that bonus (armor isnt as good as damage reduction so you need ALOT of armor)

Here is the description of his first ability:

FEAST:

Swallow an enemy whole and store it in Grendel’s gut. Not satisfied? Keep eating, but beware, each foe in Grendel’s belly slowly consumes Energy. Hold to vomit out stored enemies covering them in toxic bile.

NOURISH:

Consume the enemies in Grendel’s gut and nourish nearby squad members with a radial buff.

Nourished Energy - Energy buff
Nourished Armor -  Armor buff
Nourished Strike -  Damage Multiplier buff

Nourish his second ability, well i fear the bonus it will grant wont be enough from what i saw on the devstream, especially armor is the main problem.

Damage reduction >>>>>> armor in Warframe.

Compare the tankiness of Atlas (or any other armor based WF) with for example Mesa which has damage reduction.

REGURGITATE:

Violently puke out a bile soaked enemy from Grendel’s gut, turning the unfortunate creature into a toxic projectile.

This should be part of his first ability.

PULVERIZE:

Powered by feasting, Grendel curls into a ball and knocks over anyone in his path. Jumping slams Grendel into the ground and generates a damaging shockwave.

Now the most disappointing part, his 4th and (atleast should be) most powerful ability.

When you (DE) showed it the first time, he could soak up enemies while rolling around which was great for damage and CC.

Now you changed this to just ragdolling enemies around which scatters the enemies (very bad in this game, alot of abilities do the opposite for a good reason) with bad damage.

I hope you will sooner than later change this ability back to it's original state or develop something completely new.

4. Exilus Weapon Slots:

Great idea, but bad execution.

In my opinion (also Brozimes) those slots shouldnt cost ANY mod points.

remember, you yourself wrote "tight capacity" of mod points, so i dont understand why you still charge mod points for those utility slots.

weapons are very forma intensive already and if you need to forma them even more to fully utilize the exilus weapon slot you will lose build diversity due to polarities!

ps. i would love to see a dedicated augment mod on warframes for more diverse builds (which also shouldnt cost mod points, if you put an augment mod in the augment slot, if you put it in a regular slot, i would still cost 9 mod points when maxed!)

5. Catchmoon?:

Not sure about the changes yet, but i fully agree that you had to nerf it, over 50% usage is waaaayyy too much for a single weapon.

But i think, the nerf might be too harsh, we'll see.

6. Unfixed bugs (some of them are not fixed for several months now!)

- Nekros Deluxe skin default energy color is still bugged and wont show the correct one (the blueish color should be the right one)

- Ferrox thrown tether mode isnt popping Saryns spores anymore, when toxic lash is active

- Now the oldest and most annoying bug:

On some Warframes (noticed it on Octavia, Khora and Wisp) when you for example throw a ball when activating Octavias 1,2 or 4 and switch to operator mode before the ability fully activates (until it shows the duraton in the ability UI) the duration wont show up at all.

Sometimes (especially with Khora) when you have a duration based ability active (the duration timer clocks down) and you switch the operator mode, the timer just vanishes, like the ability isnt active at all.

Here is my (one of many) bug reports about this topic:

Dont get me wrong, i am pretty happy with the stuff we've got in this update, but there are some major gripes i wanted to point out in constructive way and i hope they will get adressed, otherwise i probably wont do the ever increasing grind and switch to other games (sadly, alot of my clan members did this in the past) which would be a shame since i love warframe, remember playing the game since 2013 very actively.

@Digital Extremes, please tell me if you even read or adressed the points, because doing bug reports and getting ignores is very very frustrating.

If you wish, i can open a new topic with the content included in this post.

edit: Oh i just noticed you killed the Zenistar:

Zenistar

Damage increased from 130 Heat to 80 Impact, 68 Slash and 150 Heat

Range increased from 1 to 2.6            

Status Chance increased from 25% to 30%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 10%

Disc Duration is now a base of 10 seconds and is increased by the Combo Multiplier

Edited by RAZORLIGHT
  • Like 2

Oh boy... I was really looking forward to this update. More than anything else, I was looking forward to the melee stance changes. And I am very disappointed... I'm still going through all the stances to try them out, but I can already see it's nowhere near what I expected.

• It seems like you didn't actually bother to add any new combos or animations? You just took existing combos and changed the button inputs for them. You talked about how now melee weapons have different combos like the stationary one, stationary tactical, forward one, forward tactical, etc. But many stances only have one or two separate combos, so for those you've just thrown the same combo on different inputs. For example, Shimmering Blight only has two combos - standing, forward, standing+block are all identical!
  • You made the forward combo of Shimmering Blight go at full speed, no longer slowing down or locking down the player. Great. What about everything else? High Noon still slows and locks movement. Everything else I've tested so far still slows and locks movement...
  • Because many stances have identical standing and forward combos, it is still not possible to stand still to attack an enemy. For example, Grim Fury and Brutal Tide both have forward movement on the stationary combo, instead of letting you just stand there and punch the target!

Yikes. Just yikes. This honestly feels very lazy and hastily thrown together to me...

Please tell me you're going to be finishing this off.

Furthermore:

• Even though charge/heavy attacks are moved to a different button, we still have to mash the melee button like a madman to keep attacking! Why? Can't you just let us hold the button down?
  • The tactical dodge doesn't even work for me. It just does a full roll every time. Tested in both quick melee and full melee modes.
  • Sometimes the blocking animation stops working in full melee mode.
  • When holding F to go into full melee mode, it becomes impossible to switch back to the gun that I was using. Holding F to exit full melee mode doesn't seem to be a thing that you've implemented. Pressing F to switch weapon brings out the other gun, not the one I was using.
  • You changed the Vaykor Sydon's Radial Blind from being on the channeling button (now heavy attack), to instead requiring block+heavy. This means that it is now no longer possible to do a Radial Blind from quick melee mode, and instead you have to do a slow, clunky full switch. This ruins it for me! Couldn't you just make it replace the normal heavy attack? Make it back+heavy? Crouch+heavy? Anything other than requiring full melee... Please.
Edited by SteveCutler
  • Like 1

Can you give an example of this

Weapon stats will now be reflected in a slightly more rounded way. Innate Damage is added before anything on the weapon happens - boosting the weapons base Damage and then renormalizes the Damage percentages. This makes Elemental Mods stack in a way you would expect.

Gram Prime is even more powerful than before. Tbh it's a bit ridiculous.
Blood Rush still works extremely well, CO is nerfed but I still murder things ridiculously fast, especially with new combo.

Vauban buff is... a bit disappointing. The damage buff in particular is extremely weak. The armor strip and the wombo combo of the orbital strike is good, especially since he's not locked in the animation now. 

Basically I'll only play him for his 1 (which is actually pretty good), his 3 and his 4.

Though Yeeting enemies off the map with the boost pad can have some delightful application. Kek.

Hey DE, there appears to be a couple of more bugs or just stuff that might've been looked over. So the Gladiator mod set doesn't appear to be working. I have 3 on my Sentinel's weapon and it says it's granting the buff but it doesn't feel like it is. Also to note, I have the Zenurik Skill Inner Focus which allows me to use Heavy Attacks without draining all my combo counter, but for some reason it still does. If there's time to fix it, can you guys try and get on it alongside the other changes you need to look over? Thanks in advance!