Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Toxic Lash and blocking changes.

lukinu_u

As you may know, with Update 26 the blocking mechanic where changed and now grant 100% damage reduction in different angles depending on the weapon, instead of different percentage on a set 45° angle.
One of Saryn's Toxic Lash effect is to increase the damage reduction on blocking (which is now useless) and this effect hasn't been changed. Don't know if it's intended or just a mistake, but maybe changing that effect to "parry angle" would be appropriate ?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Was the effect changed yet ? Or is it just the ui that display the wrong thing.

AKA if i use a saryn toxic Lash, does it increase my blocking angle ? I would assume so since everything regarding blocking damage reduction got change to Parry angle no ? Or is it bugged and give 0 blocking angle ?

Edited by CBonduMiel2
Minor Spelling mistake...god damn mobile phone auto-corrector

Maybe DE are thinking about replacing this bonus. The extra blocking angle can either be too weak a bonus or too OP for Saryn. In fact, if you can make a 180 angle block with a shield, then with the current auto block system, you can stand near the wall and be invulnerable to damage, but still be able to deal damage. I mean, it could end badly. This mechanics would look better on a tank frame than on a DPS frame.

Why having it on saryn then ? Its just There being useless. Might want to replace it with something else. Like health Regen on hit or something. would help to keep her Alive in melee in high Level content at least...like just replacing the block dr by something that Makes less squishie would be helpful. At least more helpful than a useless stats being There and its Been month by now since update 26. Personally i really hope de just make a great sweep of the game and start fixing those kind of things, before releasing anything else...the game feels like it has part of its body broken atm...some bugs have Been There for months...

Edited by CBonduMiel2

5 часов назад, CBonduMiel2 сказал:

Why having it on saryn then ?

It's just improved the parameters of a melee before. Only close combat and nothing more. So it made some sense that you could use whips, for example, and have an effective block. Then ability to received buff and became work on distant battle.

I would have removed this bonus without any substitutions at all, because the ability is already strong enough. But you can replace this by increasing the melee range or charging speed of the combo counter. Maybe just give an initial counter, which makes sense for heavy attacks. There are many options.