Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee nerfed a tad too hard

Lavantant

My glaive prime + zakti combo is doing waaaaaaaay less damage. Like, a ton less. Nothing fancy in my build. Very disappointed to see this go from being a quirky, but fun and powerful loadout, to not really all that helpful at all at higher levels.

Just now, Frenotx said:

My glaive prime + zakti combo is doing waaaaaaaay less damage. Like, a ton less. Nothing fancy in my build. Very disappointed to see this go from being a quirky, but fun and powerful loadout, to not really all that helpful at all at higher levels.

Yeah my go-to loadout was a hushed invisibility Loki with no weapons except a 0 forma bog-standard 100% status Redemeer Prime and Helios with gladiator set mods on the Deconstructor. It was kind of what made me start playing the game again after a 3 year break. It wasn't the best dps loadout by any means, but it could hold it's own at high levels and let me actually use my favorite frame in a way that was still useful against tougher enemies. With the way gunblades have been made almost unusable, there's pretty much no way to use Loki for damage that other stealth frames aren't already much better at. I don't really like slide attack or aoe combo-based melee weapons at all, so I guess I'm just back to using daggers for mobility through their ground slam attacks unless gunblades get hotfixed.

8 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Yeah, bout that thing called "challenge" .. gOdlY riVeNS say "hi"

I have a +150CC +300D kogake riven and I do WAAAY less damage than I used to. Way less. Most things got boofs of utility use and spanking, sparring, glaives and gunbraids were not among them.

• Like 1

i am sorry to sound like an ass but anyone who thinks going passed a certain level in an endless mindless repetitive mission is considered endgame is incredibly dumb 

most true endgame content that require investments from different content and resources in the game don't go passed level 160 

and there's definitely not challenging or exciting to reach 400 something level

experience the game for what it is...

• Like 1

this is a total nerf for melee overall. those who says its a buff really haven't played with it long enough to justify that claim.

I spent 20 mins with it, 1 slam attack and stood in a corridor just blocking and upping the multiplier to 20x before I even hit an enemy :facepalm:. with that multi up at 20x I began attacking the enemies, slide attacks were only giving orange and yellow crits, finisher damage is garbage too. orthos prime was a guaranteed red crits at 2.5x in 2.0 now in 3.0 at 20 x it cant produce not one and no mods were changed. now we'll see vids of players boasting 100x and above multipliers and never truly earned it.

zenistar disc got wrecked on the duration side and not worth using that feature anymore plus there isn't any mod that ups the disc's duration :poop:.

DE you gotta understand that not everyone likes to jump around like bunny rabbits, or run around like headless chickens, and some of the older players wrists aren't that good for all that activity demanded by these silly changes.

also whats up with these updates defaulting our mapped keys on pc?  next I will test the exalted weapons and see how they interact with these changes.

PS: DE if you don't want players to enjoy your game why did you make it?

Edited by ranks21
  • Like 5

1 минуту назад, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk сказал:

i am sorry to sound like an ass but anyone who thinks going passed a certain level in an endless mindless repetitive mission is considered endgame is incredibly dumb 

most true endgame content that require investments from different content and resources in the game don't go passed level 160 

and there's definitely not challenging or exciting to reach 400 something level

experience the game for what it is...

tested melee vs 160 lvl HGs. Dmg was nerfed alot. Now what? 160 lvl is too high too? w/e. 

• Like 1

1 минуту назад, ranks21 сказал:

this is a total nerf for melee overall. those who says its a buff really haven't played with it long enough to justify that claim.

I spent 20 mins with it, 1 slam attack and stood in a corridor just blocking and upping the multiplier to 20x before I even hit an enemy :facepalm:. with that multi up at 20x I began attacking the enemies, slide attacks were only giving orange and yellow crits, finisher damage is garbage too. orthos prime was a guaranteed red crits at 2.5x in 2.0 now in 3.0 at 20 x it cant produce not one and no mods were changed.

zenistar disc got wrecked on the duration side and not worth using that feature anymore plus there isn't any mod that ups the disc's duration :poop:.

DE you gotta understand that not everyone likes to jump around like bunny rabbits, or run around like headless chickens, and some of the older players wrists aren't that good for all that activity demanded by these silly changes.

also whats up with these updates defaulting our mapped keys on pc?  next I will test the exalted weapons and see how they interact with these changes.

PS: DE if you don't want players to enjoy your game why did you make it?

exactly this. 

• Like 1

Blood rush works well with "initial combo" weapons like the Fragor Prime, since you can never fall below a certain combo threshold. It's a much more weapon mod dependent now.

Corrupted Charge can grant any weapon +30 initial combo, putting them at 2x combo, but it makes maintaining combo hard since it drains fast.

Corrupted Charge on the Fragor P gives it a 4x initial charge that it will never go under.

36 minutes ago, herflik said:

I just tested my melee build.

Went down from 1500k dmg per hit to 70k per hit - 20 fold nerf in short.

And no, I wasnt using slide attack or CO before to get those numbers.

The combo multiplier dmg buff and blood rush were nerfed so much. Not all weapons base dmg was +200%, most got around 50-100% at most.

2 handers are now generic MMORPG crap comparing to 1 handers, almost same dmg and range.

Excuse me what? 1500k? Is that 1,500 or 1,500,000? Because if it's the latter then holy hell no wonder they nerfed it lol

• Like 1

My experience so far (killing lvl 165 Corrupted Bombards in Simulacrum):

1. Lesion (Condition Overload, 100% Status): Melts enemies, faster than before
2. Paracesis (Sacrificial Build): Melts enemies, faster than before
3. Atterax (Spin2Win Build): Takes a little longer than usual (But thats what everyone wanted right, the Spin2Win nerf /sarcasm) 

Overall it feels really smooth so far, enjoying heavy attacks quite a bit.

Edited by Sagittarix

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

They weren't ever trying to make it scale infinitely, and they don't like it too much because it makes balancing content really hard on them. They pretty much say as much in the Condition Overload point.

Also, almost all base ranges were massively increased. Sure, the 20-metre Guandao Rivens might not be going as far but I feel most weapons have had a net positive. Some base ranges have more than doubled.

Enemies scale infinitely, that's another problem that DE hasn't addressed yet, so toning down the weapons and saying that it's to prevent players from fighting high level enemies is 100% contradiction if the enemies keep scaling up. Some people find enjoyment in endurance running.

• Like 3

I guess there are 2 sides here: The side that keeps complaining about melee being nerfed, and the side who says otherwise.

I'm on that side. I never said anything before the update because i wanted to test it myself before calling it a nerf. I guess it depends on how you see it. If you are used to long endurance runs where you see enemies going above the 160 level, then of course you will feel is a nerf. But otherwise, i am feeling the new changes to be far more fluid and intuitive now.

Guess thats just how i see it: Melee before, was just a contest of macro keys and spamming the same combo, over and over again. Now, with the combos changed, you need to chain your combos, for example, from your distance closing combo, to the stationary combo, there are more steps than just spamming the melee button, but to me, it feels more rewarding, fluid, and fun.

I gotta admit that upon testing them at first, i felt it was a nerf, but that was because of my mod setup. after a few tweaks to some of my builds, i managed to make them far stronger than they were before. My 3 favorite melees are vastly stronger than before the rework, and altho i have to now do a few more steps to reach the highest damage possible, it feels fun and rewarding, when i see that heavy attack red crit into oblivion eximus units.

Also, whoever said the gunblades suck now, maybe you need to equip Bullet Dance and actually try to do some combos. I suppose is because you can no longer stay in one spot shooting everyone into oblivion, now you have to get up close and personal to make the most of it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

I spent 20 mins with it, 1 slam attack and stood in a corridor just blocking and upping the multiplier to 20x before I even hit an enemy :facepalm:. with that multi up at 20x I began attacking the enemies, slide attacks were only giving orange and yellow crits, finisher damage is garbage too. orthos prime was a guaranteed red crits at 2.5x in 2.0 now in 3.0 at 20 x it cant produce not one and no mods were changed. now we'll see vids of players boasting 100x and above multipliers and never truly earned it.

How did you get to 20? My weapons don't want to go beyond 12. It's like I'm hitting a cap as the combo counter won't grow past 250 either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

They weren't ever trying to make it scale infinitely, and they don't like it too much because it makes balancing content really hard on them. They pretty much say as much in the Condition Overload point.

Also, almost all base ranges were massively increased. Sure, the 20-metre Guandao Rivens might not be going as far but I feel most weapons have had a net positive. Some base ranges have more than doubled.

Unpopular opinion the 20 meter (or whatever) melee weapons were silly to begin with.

• Like 1

Ninkondi Prime feels way better to use.

Nikana as well. It really like the huge amount of hits the Blind stance does now. And its mobility is also still there.

Glaive Prime does as much damage as before if not more. It just is a bit annoying you have to let go of the dual wielding with the gun to be able to detonate it.

I'm a bit miffed about the continuous shooting disappearing from Redeemer Prime, since those slash attack in the middle of the combo are a waste of time, but it certainly isn't WEAKER. Just hold block and spam E, it still hits like a truck.

Gram Prime is EVEN MORE broken that before. It's ridiculous. You can now spam the Bull spin2win constantly AND its damage are even higher. It just obliterate stuff.

For the ctrl+E spammer with Atterax, be happy for it's as stupid as before too.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze