Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee overall nerf?

-Aza-Gorod-

Just now, kevoisvevo said:

lol at the whiteknights defending the new melee nerfs. most of the mods and strongest weapons got shafted here. guess y'all keep keeping using your fulmin, rubico, kohm, acceltra 🤧

It's a net buff, trying using weapons that you haven't use in a while, A lot of short weapons actually have decent range now with reach and the damage being tripled helps a lot on the weaker weapons.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

Where did you check?

First I saw it in the update thread and was dumbfounded. Then I logged in and checked all my stave weapons (Lesion, Tipedo Prime, polearm zaw, etc...) and wow... I was very surprised! Apparently even whips fall short of 3.2m.

Scroll down to this section " 8.            Weapon Stats and Mastery Limits ". Then reveal the hidden contents and peruse the listings.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

War 

Damage increased from 140 to 250

Range increased from 1.45 to 3.2

Status Chance increased from 20% to 26%

Critical Chance increased from 20% to 26%

Critical Damage increased from 2x 2.6x

EDIT: If it makes you feel any worse... Wolf Sledge has a 3.1m range somehow! I was surprised by that too.

Edited by nslay

25 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

lol at the whiteknights defending the new melee nerfs. most of the mods and strongest weapons got shafted here. guess y'all keep keeping using your fulmin, rubico, kohm, acceltra 🤧

Oh wow! Somebody disagrees with my opinion! They must be a white knight!

As I mentioned earlier, I noticed that (for my kripath build anyways, haven't tested much else) that it is downing lvl 200+ grineer (which is as far as I went before I got bored) quicker than ever, and showed no signs of falling off soon.

You need to understand that objectively this is a net buff for most melee weapons, range included, and that most people don't play level  400-500+ range, which is truly where CO was absolutely needed. People that play in that range, are part of the minority and balancing broad sweeping changes based on the vocal minority is strictly not a good idea.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

The math worked fine.  There were several wiki pages dedicated to the math behind the mods.  You don't know how end game enemy scaling works if you think this is fine.

For the game DE intended us to play/level 110 and under, blood rush was horrendously overpowered.  Same with meme strike and condition overload.  I'm well aware of how the math worked in regards to blood rush and CO, and how it allowed you to deal hundreds of thousands of damage per second with the exponential scaling.  People will moan and groan about their melee weapon underperforming against armored targets due to armor scaling, but then they'll go and play the game with energy siphon like it provides some benefit for their channeled ability warframe in comparison to the best aura mod in the game in corrosive projection.  We've had the answer to armor scaling for years in that aura mod/it barely even costs a slot, but people would rather complain then fix their builds.  

1 minute ago, seprent said:

Best and most boring might i add so boring i barely ever forma my aura slot 

Most aura mods are boring.  Physique giving most frames just 90 health?  Pretty damn boring.  Siphon giving you 6 energy every 10 seconds when energizing dash gives you that amount in under 2 seconds?  Pretty boring.  Sprint boost speeding you up a little?  Fairly unexciting.  About the only interesting aura in the game is growing power, and very few people even use it because the farm for it isn't their cup of tea.  

I've been finding that there's a lot of good with the update. For one, I pulled out my Fragor Prime for the first time in years.

The Condition Overload nerf kind of hurts, but it's definitely not all bad. Pressure Point isn't always mandatory anymore, and combo duration is almost unnecessary altogether, which potentially frees up two mod slots. 

Running Killing Blow and Amalgam Organ Shatter in tandem makes heavy attacks come out almost as fast as regular attacks, and they can hit pretty damn hard. Getting to a 10x multiplier isn't all that hard, and it makes silly things happen. My Fragor has like 21k damage on heavies, which gets multiplied by 10 on top of most likely getting a red crit. 

Way more weapons feel useful, instead of having us get shoehorned into using almost exclusively whatever had the most range. 

Like there's undeniably some losses, but I don't think it's really fair to say that it's just a straight nerf. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Most aura mods are boring.  Physique giving most frames just 90 health?  Pretty damn boring.  Siphon giving you 6 energy every 10 seconds when energizing dash gives you that amount in under 2 seconds?  Pretty boring.  Sprint boost speeding you up a little?  Fairly unexciting.  About the only interesting aura in the game is growing power, and very few people even use it because the farm for it isn't their cup of tea.  

personally id prefer rejuv or siphon over CP but eh just me and physique is 90% max health so its pretty good depending on who your playing 

Edited by seprent

On 2019-11-01 at 1:09 AM, (XB1)COA Altair said:

For the game DE intended us to play/level 110 and under, blood rush was horrendously overpowered.  Same with meme strike and condition overload.  I'm well aware of how the math worked in regards to blood rush and CO, and how it allowed you to deal hundreds of thousands of damage per second with the exponential scaling.  People will moan and groan about their melee weapon underperforming against armored targets due to armor scaling, but then they'll go and play the game with energy siphon like it provides some benefit for their channeled ability warframe in comparison to the best aura mod in the game in corrosive projection.  We've had the answer to armor scaling for years in that aura mod/it barely even costs a slot, but people would rather complain then fix their builds.  

"intended"

You people are making me hate that word.  You don't put infinite scaling in the game then get to call it unintentional.

• Like 1

Overall nerf vs high level heavy units. Everything "seems" buff because people are one or two hitting fodder enemies who where no threat before, but once you hit a level 100+ bombard or heavy gunner you're going to notice a massive fall off in damage. My TTK vs heavies went up massively. 

No more red crits. Conditon overload is fairly weak now due to calculation changes. Blood rush takes FOREVER to even get you into yellow crits, if you where red critting before you can kiss that goodbye. 

On 2019-11-01 at 12:09 AM, (XB1)COA Altair said:

I dont use energy siphon for channeled abilities. I use it on frames where im in and out of abilities a lot and want to more quickly regenerate my energy pool between uses while im under the effects of energy bubble. See: Mesa

I also use corrosive projection a lot. and tested the new damage with a NOW 100% status lesion which absolutely stripped and murdered 155 bombards in the simulacrum before. It didn't do piss vs those heavy units. It took ages just to kill ONE. In that time with its previous status of around 60 to 70% or so and lower base damage I could have killed the entire group and spawned another one. 

Edited by SpentCasings

"Hey I really liked this new update! Melee feels a lot better than before, and many weapons have gotten their respective buffs and nerfs. They finally removed channeling, finally changed maiming strike... I know that it wasn't perfect though, which is to be expected, as it is only phase two, so let me check the forums to see what-"

On 2019-10-31 at 11:00 PM, kevoisvevo said:

lol at the whiteknights defending the new melee nerfs. most of the mods and strongest weapons got shafted here.

WTF.

On 2019-11-02 at 12:33 AM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

"intended"

You people are making me hate that word.  You don't put infinite scaling in the game then get to call it unintentional.

It seems like you believe it was ever intended for us to play anything beyond level 100. From what I’ve heard, when damage 2.0 was released 5 years ago, the highest enemies we were ever expected to face were level 50. And from what I understand endless missions were designed to eventually get so hard that they forced you out, because no good dev should ever encourage their players to sit multiple hours in one mission, especially not when you’re just doing the same damn thing continuously. Level 400 enemies are not endgame, they are supposed to be near impossible to fight. Blatant power creep is the only reason it was ever possible to go that far.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk

t I think certain weapons got hit hard and some of them didn't. It feels like my go to weapons(mostly katanas) seem to do alot less damage, but I tested heavy swords(gram and paracesis) and they seem to still hit hard, nont just as hard as before.

I haven't tested everything so it might be a bit early but yeah, overall melee seems weaker.

"End game scaling-wise", definitely yes, melee took a big hit, but then "end game" is a very niche situation that I don't my self in very often. 

Edited by White_Matter