Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee overall nerf?

-Aza-Gorod-

My zaw actually kills slightly faster after the update (I never used meme strike though). I have tested in both endurance arbi runs and simulacrum. 

In simulacrum:

8x Corrupted Heavy Gunners are all downed 7-9 secs

8x Corrupted Bombards are downed in 6-8 secs

For me, that is a decent kill rate and is good enough for me, although other players could be killing even faster.

For the players who experiencing a massive nerf, are you just using generic builds from YouTube and warframe guides? 

On 2019-10-31 at 9:48 PM, Frostyinferno said:

I fully expect and understand disposition changes, and that's fine, but making effects like "crit on slide" ACTUALLY worthless is unexpected and a step too far. Putting hundreds of hours of kuva farming into a riven only to have it be slightly less effective is one thing, but after the complete gutting some of mine have received I feel I have a right to be a bit upset.

This, I'm totally fine with a nerf to melee and it was long overdue, however; I didn't spend hundreds of hours grinding kuva and thousands of plat on things that might as well get thrown in the bin after a 5 minute update was done. There's also sort of a Achilles heel to the argument about "DoNt USe tHe SaMe ThInG!" given the fact that they've added the kuva lich weapons which seem to be just as "broken" as the crit melee builds before this melee rework.

And it isn't just crit on slide that's become actually worthless, crit on melee in general is a mess right now. Just because some players didn't spend time trying to find and utilize the meta doesn't mean that those of us that actually did should be robbed of our time and effort and our opinions tossed aside. 

Not at all mad about this, more disappointed that I logged in for an update I was excited for just to see a dozen things I had spend a lot of time getting rolled just so made worthless. RIP

Edited by MrEMeats

5 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

It seems like you believe it was ever intended for us to play anything beyond level 100. From what I’ve heard, when damage 2.0 was released 5 years ago, the highest enemies we were ever expected to face were level 50. And from what I understand endless missions were designed to eventually get so hard that they forced you out, because no good dev should ever encourage their players to sit multiple hours in one mission, especially not when you’re just doing the same damn thing continuously. Level 400 enemies are not endgame, they are supposed to be near impossible to fight. Blatant power creep is the only reason it was ever possible to go that far.

They did all that.  They put all of that in the game.  Point still stands.

On 2019-10-31 at 9:18 PM, ranks21 said:

yep, we've all tried and here we are voicing our dislikes. anyway for me this change is wack, the  devs have let me down for the last time, they can close my account here and in the game too.

giphy.gif

On 2019-11-01 at 1:09 PM, (XB1)COA Altair said:

For the game DE intended us to play/level 110 and under, blood rush was horrendously overpowered.  Same with meme strike and condition overload.  I'm well aware of how the math worked in regards to blood rush and CO, and how it allowed you to deal hundreds of thousands of damage per second with the exponential scaling.  People will moan and groan about their melee weapon underperforming against armored targets due to armor scaling, but then they'll go and play the game with energy siphon like it provides some benefit for their channeled ability warframe in comparison to the best aura mod in the game in corrosive projection.  We've had the answer to armor scaling for years in that aura mod/it barely even costs a slot, but people would rather complain then fix their builds.  

If DE intended us to play/level 110  and under, why don't they just cap the enemy level at 110 =_=

• Like 1

Here. All weapons here (except fragor) have no formas, no rivens, and not much theorycrafting. I see no problems with new melee. It doesn't struggle with high level enemies at all.

Overall, most of my melee weapons down lvl 140 Corrupted heavy gunners in about 4 seconds (with a max counter).

7 hours ago, Mosuowai said:

My zaw actually kills slightly faster after the update (I never used meme strike though). I have tested in both endurance arbi runs and simulacrum. 

In simulacrum:

For me, that is a decent kill rate and is good enough for me, although other players could be killing even faster.

For the players who experiencing a massive nerf, are you just using generic builds from YouTube and warframe guides? 

Of course they are. That's why there's a bunch of threads saying "omg what happened to my redeemer and spin2win and slidessss"

Other threads are saying "wow guys this update is great, so many weapons were adjusted and I can use them now sweet". Versus other threads literally saying "my meta isn't strong anymore, how dare you take away my power fantasy I'm a vet!"

8 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Here. All weapons here (except fragor) have no formas, no rivens, and not much theorycrafting. I see no problems with new melee. It doesn't struggle with high level enemies at all.

Overall, most of my melee weapons down lvl 140 Corrupted heavy gunners in about 4 seconds (with a max counter).

Try turning the AI on, with it off you get extra stealth damage. Your video proves nothing otherwise.

Edited by (PS4)Lostmuppet
Spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, vitreloy said:

If DE intended us to play/level 110  and under, why don't they just cap the enemy level at 110 =_=

Probably because of events.  If events stuck at 110 and under, the highest score is handed out to whatever team has the most time to burn on the event.  Whatever equation they use for level scaling in endless missions probably just keeps going up based on number of enemies killed as well.  If DE really intended us to stay for 100 waves/see level 4K enemies at hydron, why isn't there a node on their star chart that starts at level 4000.  Highest node on star chart is sortie mission number 3.  

2 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

With the AI paused you get a 700% stealth bonus on every hit. How do people not know that yet??

Will you you make a new video with the AI not paused and you not invincible? I’m genuinely curious. 

Edited by (NSW)Austee

10 hours ago, (PS4)Lostmuppet said:

Try turning the AI on, with it off you get extra stealth damage. Your video proves nothing otherwise.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Austee said:

With the AI paused you get a 700% stealth bonus on every hit. How do people not know that yet??

Will you you make a new video with the AI not paused and you not invincible? I’m genuinely curious. 

Well, the video was suppoused to be more fun than informative, plus I usually tested my melee with AI paused anyway, so I was comparing it to how it felt before.

But, since you have asked:

Venka prime with no forma or rivens, no steel charge, no damage or attack speed arcanes. The fastest kill for a single gunner is around 3 seconds, timestamp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSZjohVVE8A&feature=youtu.be&t=29

Just don't expect me to do another montage, it takes time and I don't feel like doing it again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mosuowai said:

In simulacrum:

NO, using builds that before would kill your 7-9 second heavy gunners in 5-6. Builds i more or less came up with myself. 

38 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

NO, using builds that before would kill your 7-9 second heavy gunners in 5-6. Builds i more or less came up with myself. 

Oh but I mean, kill all 8 Corrupted Heavy Gunners within that time frame, and forgot to mention, all of them level 165

If you could do it faster before the update, with a slight adjustment to the build, you should be able to do better now

4 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Well, the video was suppoused to be more fun than informative, plus I usually tested my melee with AI paused anyway, so I was comparing it to how it felt before.

But, since you have asked:

Venka prime with no forma or rivens, no steel charge, no damage or attack speed arcanes. The fastest kill for a single gunner is around 3 seconds, timestamp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSZjohVVE8A&feature=youtu.be&t=29

Just don't expect me to do another montage, it takes time and I don't feel like doing it again.

Thanks you. 

what youll never ever see with these players posting these vids of weapons in silly a crum is REAL game play vs  REAL game battles where the enemies at that level will do to you in a sec. if they do post a vid its always against infesteds in def or interception.

12 hours ago, (NSW)Austee said:

With the AI paused you get a 700% stealth bonus on every hit. How do people not know that yet

^^ so much this and its their crutch ..

On 2019-11-01 at 2:40 AM, Frostyinferno said:

Considering how insane armor scaling gets in this game, "broken" was fine for endgame content. Now melee feels like you're smacking high level bombards/heavy gunners with a pool noodle. It's pretty bad now.

Bring an armor stripper weapon with you if it's causing you problems. I always have my trusty Mara Detron by my side whenever I run Endurance missions.

29 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

what youll never ever see with these players posting these vids of weapons in silly a crum is REAL game play vs  REAL game battles where the enemies at that level will do to you in a sec. if they do post a vid its always against infesteds in def or interception.

Exactly. It is annoying to see simulacrum warriors who don't even know about stealth multiplier trying to make a point about actual high level gameplay. No wonder DE gets away with so many crap. Both DE and its defenders are completely clueless about the game.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

what youll never ever see with these players posting these vids of weapons in silly a crum is REAL game play vs  REAL game battles where the enemies at that level will do to you in a sec.

We also overwhelmingly fight trash mobs. We're not likely to ever be in a situation where we have to fight 20 heavy gunners at once. 

But it's not like surviving against enemies of that level in a real mission is actually all that difficult. Not when we have all kinds of stacking damage reduction and crowd control. 

1 hour ago, ranks21 said:

39 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Exactly. It is annoying to see simulacrum warriors who don't even know about stealth multiplier trying to make a point about actual high level gameplay. No wonder DE gets away with so many crap. Both DE and its defenders are completely clueless about the game.

Right above you mates. 140 lvl corrupted heavy gunners, unpaused ai, no invincibility.

Venka prime with no forma or rivens, no steel charge, no damage or attack speed arcanes. The fastest kill for a single gunner is around 3 seconds. I am sure proper weapon builders can do better.

We are seeing some pretty mixed feelings about melee. Some say it's better some say it's nerfed. 

It seems as though melee feels better for people that didn't or wouldn't otherwise rely on it. 

Where as it feels completely broken (damage wise) to those who built for and used it exclusively.

Kind of an odd trade off / design decision.