Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Missions

TheOneWhoKnoxx

syndicate

Am 31.10.2019 um 23:59 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Sounds like you are empty enough - in enough need - for Grendel to appear if you beat the mission.

Ok, now please explain me how the lvl41 corpus can disable my mods/operator.

The orokin couldnt do that... and i dont think that any future encounter will disable operators, mods and even the archgun or even the use of items that you should carry on your warframe. I mean how can those enemys do that and the orbmother or any high lvl corpus cant do that? You can block my skills with that god dam bubble... but disable ANYTHING even when thre are no enemys in range? That makes NO sense

edit:  I did it

Since this now has 7 sites i would like to share how i did it. I formed a group later that day and gave it another try.
1) Trinity
2) Frost

We also had an Inaros that had 2k life and a Nyx. Those two joined over the group chat and unlike frost and trinity where not part of any masterplan.
Me and Frost used the syndicate weapons with mana/damage progs

- Frost made the bubble to protect the group
- Trinity made sure we always had mana and healed the Inaros
- Nyx used his "taunt absorb damage reflext form" to draw the fire on him and then "boom" it back (plus his charmed minion did some good damage)
- Inaros attacked those who didnt attack the Nyx or didnt die.
  Frost and me (trinity) did focus on the nullifies

The outcome was that the two syndicate weapon progs wiped out/finished the enemys that didnt die to Nyx.
Because Nyx jumped into the air the Frost shield also survived very well.
Inaros went down from 2k HP to almost dead a lot... but Trinity heals worked so we didnt had to pick him up all the time and he was able to draw the fire while nyx gained back his mana from the Trinity 2 for the next wave.

The other two missions we had Trinity, Frost, Octavia (we couldnt find a 4th). The digging and survival worked well, because frost and me had learned how to play together. What didnt die to the Octavias self "damage ball/note" died to our syndicate weapon progs.

Edited by WingR84
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sounds like you are empty enough - in enough need - for Grendel to appear if you beat the mission.

This honestly needs to be stated in-game.

There's nothing that says this anywhere and it ultimately is just bad design to have a mode that disables mods / arcanes / operator mode with zero explanation. If it was introduced in some form of quest that at least gave clues (i.e. the Sands of Inaros), then it wouldn't be too bad, but the fact that nothing is said just is a bad idea.

Apparently there was something in some stream where you guys alluded to this, but what's the percentage on people that watch a stream (or even go to the forums)? There's no way that will be even 50% of the playerbase.

The first thing I thought when jumping into that mission (which looks like just a standard defense) is that "This must be a bug." Then to find out that it is in-fact by design and with nothing in-game even alluding to this only shows the flaws.

I get that you guys wanted to do something different, but to completely disable standard game mechanics without any information in-game is just not the right move. This could have heavily used some small mission that would have informed the player of what they should have expected. As it is in its current form, it just feels like bad game design.

• Like 5

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Shodian:

Pssst. It's just a game.

Its a SciFi game... but even SciFi has rules. I mean you can go Starwars and go the "lets crash a little ship into something" to destroy the biggest threat.. making the passt spacefights and all future fights meaningless...

Or you could not let lvl41 enemys remove all the power that players gained, because if there would be a tech like this it would be used anywhere.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

This honestly needs to be stated in-game.

There's nothing that says this anywhere and it ultimately is just bad design to have a mode that disables mods / arcanes / operator mode with zero explanation. If it was introduced in some form of quest that at least gave clues (i.e. the Sands of Inaros), then it wouldn't be too bad, but the fact that nothing is said just is a bad idea.

Apparently there was something in some stream where you guys alluded to this, but what's the percentage on people that watch a stream (or even go to the forums)? There's no way that will be even 50% of the playerbase.

The first thing I thought when jumping into that mission (which looks like just a standard defense) is that "This must be a bug." Then to find out that it is in-fact by design and with nothing in-game even alluding to this only shows the flaws.

I get that you guys wanted to do something different, but to completely disable standard game mechanics without any information in-game is just not the right move. This could have heavily used some small mission that would have informed the player of what they should have expected. As it is in its current form, it just feels like bad game design.

Well that certainly explains alot, they are basically making it a NAKED ROGUE DUNGEON mission type, where if you played any dungeon exploration type games with rogue elements, some games such as Pokemon mystery dungeon series would have some end-game dungeons force you to level 1 when you enter it and basically remove any items you brought into the dungeon so you had to purely rely on your skills.

Course, if this mode is going to be all about running a vanilla frame, me thinks its a good idea to do a double check (especially as i am a console player) on what the mission types are like and see what is the most dirty frame for the job in a state of nekkid-ness. Since i would think d.e. would not force absurd conditions without properly giving a method to clear said mission.

Such as maybe using loki to get stabber happy so he be`all on that blood path now or just go the big boi meme, as the goal is to get grendel parts so likely use rhino maybe?

I was actually worried we would have to play some fiasco game of dealing with a conclave like power limit and had to keep stripping mods off our frame/weapons till things work. Since we are just naked straight away without needing to think about builds, Now i can just think about whipping out my weapons like the Glaive prime or good old simple variant weapons and utterly have fun destroying it with special effects, once we console players get it.

Synoid Simulator, Tonkor, Tigris Sancti/Prime, Soma Prime or even innate heat guns to make good use of that new heat status effect anyone???? :P

Edited by Avienas

9 minutes ago, .DF.Hydros. said:

Ok, but how do we do these? There's no frame that can stand an army of 45 mobs without mods and weapons very little damages.

It's time for you to figure it out. We're strong enough to go unmodded and it tests how knowledgeable you are or perhaps, you did too much hydron in your life?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, .DF.Hydros. said:

Ok, but how do we do these? There's no frame that can stand an army of 45 mobs without mods and weapons very little damages.

I need to dig into seeing some PC players playing it and what kind of mission types are present, but i would not be amazed if the name of the game is to use stealth if its any type of mission like capture/spy/etc., Survival could likely be done via pick-pocketing Ivara with a side of assassinate stealth. Plus even a frame like Loki could be used to radial disarm enemies and then there`s always good old making use of certain frames with area of denial type abilities like limbo, khora, etc.

Though i am sure its going to get nerfed a tad, but i would not be amazed if D.E.`s intent is to make people actually think about using frames/weapon abilities at the base instead of using what we have grown too accustomed to basically make us invincible and able to one shot anything below level 60. Granted, i am sure some group like Grind Hard Squad will likely figure out an exploit on easy mode-ing the challenge missions with relative ease.

Well, you could go for some syndicate weapons or a trinity for mana... then a frost for shields, oberon for another heal/more armor and maybe a mesa for DPS

I was always wondering if the Tao system might remove the bulletjumps, because with those jumps the map itself loses any meaning (if the enemys add up you just jump away to create a new situation). I had some hopes for "forced group play" with tanks, DPS and support, while beeing unsure how you would make a trinity so tanky that she would survive lvl100 enemys or what ever we face in the Tao system. When they added the extra eximus slots for weapons i thought "ok, maybe we get more slots for stuff like that in the future", but this is just stupid.

It also seems that you dont need the 3 things that you have to buy to unlock the mission and since you dont need mods even new players could get in on farming the frame... but if you got it.. why would you farm it a second time? If you know what you're doing it should take about 1 Hour... would you form a group of 3 veterans to carry a new player to get a frame that has no value for group play over farming bosses on the starmap that have a 33% chance to drop parts? I dont think so...

33 minutes ago, WingR84 said:

Ok, now please explain me how the lvl41 corpus can disable my mods/operator.

The orokin couldnt do that... and i dont think that any future encounter will disable operators, mods and even the archgun or even the use of items that you should carry on your warframe. I mean how can those enemys do that and the orbmother or any high lvl corpus cant do that? You can block my skills with that god dam bubble... but disable ANYTHING even when thre are no enemys in range? That makes NO fukn sense

they haven't done it. you do it to call for grendel. you need to be empty enough. think of it as a willing sacrifice and concious choice that you make when you use the grendel key items

So from Reb's response I was overthinking it the whole time, believing that I had to do something specific:

• find the 12 [stomach] sacs of some kind
  • roll into my enemies
  • become gluttony (metaphorically) to make him appear
  • bring Gauss
  • or completely deplete myself - ammo, remove weapons/sentinel/companion, energy, and revives

but really all I needed to do was to just complete the mission as is - nothing more, nothing less. Really? That's the twist?!.

Edited by NekroArts

Just... WHY?

I'm really getting annoyed with game devs' "creativity": we made a game built around X mechanic (weapons, powers, whatnot), now let us remove this and see how well you fair...

This is just punishing the players for progressing.

Disgusting.

• Like 2

I admit, those missions made me have to think creatively. It was interesting, albeit extremely frustrating.

Octavia's Mallet and Resonator allows for a substitute to the lack of damage mods, and the Broken Scepter (Never thought I'd find a use for that thing) can be used to siphon health/energy orbs from the enemies, to which there are multiple MOAs around in particular.

The Defense objective thankfully had enough health to withstand all 15 waves, I ended with about 2/3 health, Survival was doable and Excavation... Well admittedly I just let Excavators get destroyed till I inched my way to victory. Dunno how to do that one proper.

I enjoyed that for a little while me and 3 strangers actually worked together with a propper setup to complete.

That said. Don't make it a habbit, because I suppose most people are here to feel like the predator.

Also some info should have been given, twice I got 2 shot on an umbral Khora by a lv40, completely oblivious of my health bar.

31 minutes ago, Deridious said:

Just... WHY?

I'm really getting annoyed with game devs' "creativity": we made a game built around X mechanic (weapons, powers, whatnot), now let us remove this and see how well you fair...

This is just punishing the players for progressing.

Disgusting.

Oh no, a game has a challenge for you to get the new stuff, how absolutely freakin' horrible. You'll actually have to think about how to approach the encounter rather than depending on a cookie cutter build you've copied from a youtuber four years ago. How devastating.

Tenno-up, make a balanced, proper setup of guns and frames and go out to kick ass, chew bubble gum and shoot stuff's face, IN THE FACE.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

Oh no, a game has a challenge for you to get the new stuff, how absolutely freakin' horrible. You'll actually have to think about how to approach the encounter rather than depending on a cookie cutter build you've copied from a youtuber four years ago. How devastating.

Tenno-up, make a balanced, proper setup of guns and frames and go out to kick ass, chew bubble gum and shoot stuff's face, IN THE FACE.

Nice! So this is what the community is becoming.  Very healthy for the future of the game!  Also to even have a chance to complete these missions you have to use the strongest frame/weapons meaning cookie cutter/ lack of variety.

• Like 2