Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Missions

TheOneWhoKnoxx

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

There is, listen for a "tink tink tink" noise of the grenade initially bouncing.

OK. gotcha. well i finally bit the bullet and found a group to run. i was spaming fireballs in a limbos cataclysm. and well i guess i was making a mountain out of a mole hill. so i kind of feel embarrass and i  guess it can be kept this way. 

On 2019-10-31 at 11:19 PM, Sean said:

This honestly needs to be stated in-game.

The first thing I thought when jumping into that mission (which looks like just a standard defense) is that "This must be a bug." Then to find out that it is in-fact by design and with nothing in-game even alluding to this only shows the flaws.

I totally agree, I actually like the mode, but saying, "That's just how DE does things" is no excuse for such opaque and antagonistic design.
DE put information in your game and don't demand we check the fan wiki before we try a new mission, mod or stance.
Especially for modes we have to pay to get in.

Right now, I'm just trying to find out if Cats_Eye is one of the 'precepts' that stay enabled, like augments and arcanes.

Edited by TheArcSet

On 2019-10-31 at 11:59 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sounds like you are empty enough - in enough need - for Grendel to appear if you beat the mission.

Ask Grendel girl , hildrin and Tigris prime to do all those missions solo , or Octavia if u want a chill experience in survival 

I don't like it. It's not challenging - just completely absent of any fun Warframe usually has. Sitting inside the Frost bubble, STILL wiping enemies just fine with his 4. While trinity sits and spams 2 and 4. Many wow. Much challenge.

That's how Warframe actually used to be, long time ago. And since then I specifically went through grinds for different things to never play Warframe like that again.

Edited by Serafim_94

Le 01/11/2019 à 20:59, Skaleek a dit :

You want challenge with all your tools, I hear you. You've said it ad nauseum. What you don't seem to understand is up until this point DE is either unwilling or unable to challenge us with our entire arsenal available. This is the reality. Cope with it. Challenge. Perhaps the real challenge is to accept there can be no challenge without sacrifice?

Mate, spare your energy and just let them be

Apparently the Warframe community is full of entitled whiners who pretend that the first real CHALLENGE we get in literally years "mUsT bE cHaNgEd CaUsE iT's ToO hArD"

I don't really get these people either 

The missions are damn tedious, by the sounds of it the most encouraged thing here is to find a team but it seems to imply that it can be done just as well solo because it's not public. well this puts a big f u to the new players and no this won't simply equalize vets and new players as vets still have more access to weapons and warframes. While I'm still going to do it and I'll let it slide for now but next time do something else, it impacts the fast pacing of warframe severely.

On 2019-11-07 at 2:23 AM, JoJoseph said:

Apparently the Warframe community is full of entitled whiners who pretend that the first real CHALLENGE we get in literally years "mUsT bE cHaNgEd CaUsE iT's ToO hArD"

yeah you don't get it, I can tell you don't get it. The missions are annoying so I understand where everyone is coming from, you very much simplified the entire argument and missed the point.

These missions sucked! Holy moley they were hellish. Took way to long. 

They should have made them fun and enjoyable instead. Had a nice lil story and lore. Made fat frame eat all our stuff piece by piece until we have to fight him to get it back from his gut. These missions will forever be remembered as the worst of the worst in Warframe. I really don't think they are even on par with how bad the Archwing ones are. Was pure torture. Was not even fun torture. Was just evil torture for the sake of torturing players. It reminded me of Dungeons and Dragons permadeth groups back in the day. Ya know the ones. Where people run around with whatever lousy weapon they find and crap abilities and try playing all smart in a group to succeed. Except that was actually kinda fun. This just sucked. 

• Like 1

This is such a stupid thing.

We were doing pretty well with my mate on the defense mission. We did everything humanly possible. Limbo to get energy, Ember to blow everything up. We used the tigris and every single one of our revives and every augment that there is to be. We even waited full 20 min to on wave 5 to last to make sure the thing recovers all its hitpoints.

It didn't matter. Why? Because of the two bursas at the end. How even are we suppose to kill them? I went around solo by then (my mate had died five times) for an entire 10 min depleting my entire bullets on them trying to make sure it wouldn't hit me. I kid you not I rolled around, moved and did everything that was remotely possible.

I died. One shooted. By their stupid charging attack that I don't even see, nor hear. It just shooted it when it was about to die. And it feels so cheap, so stupid. It all comes to RNG then. How much energy orbs we get...how many bombardment ships, the bursas when they decide to shoot. One entire hour lost. Awful.

On 2019-11-06 at 10:23 AM, JoJoseph said:

I get it. And it could potentially be fun, if only the missions are also tunned for this challenge. Sure, disable melee mods...but the stance too? Any player that likes using melee is just pushed out of the equation, for the animations make it literally unplayable. 

I don't mind having no gear, I don't mind having no mods, but then I also want a fair mission, not having to deal with unkillable tanky foes. Gosh bless it's not Grinner at least.

After multiple attempts I finally completed the defence, I had to run solo even though I'm set to public and I must say that was way more stressful than fun. 

I think this is a fine game mode for people who want the challenge and have friends or clan mates who actively play Warframe but please DE, don't put any exclusive rewards like Warframe parts on a mission like this it's just not a level of challenge that everyone wants. 

The only thing I would change is incentives to play the mode and match making. Playing them solo is not much fun and only a few frames can do it. As a team the mode can be a lot of fun.

also as this quest ages players are going to get to the point of doing it but everyone else is going to be done with it. 

I thought the whole point of mods was to give people different ways to play so we could just wholly ignore meta and have some sick different ways to overcome challenge. Now everyone is going to use the same frames and the same weapons. I also didn't bust my balls to have to type and ask for help on a level 40 mission. I don't like people.

I dislike the idea. I dislike that we spent years farming for gear, testing builds, getting our operator, getting our focus, farming arcanes, and then because they apparently can't think of anyway to add challenge to warframe they simply take it all away and say "There's your challenge - job well done"

I'm not saying it was too hard - did the survival (octavia&vauban) and excavation (octavia & trin) w/my 10yr old son, and solo'd the defense with mirage.  Then did defense again with a friend (mirage & limbo).  What I'm saying is that it didn't feel like warframe.   Even ESO with its artificial ability gating and gear restrictions - which also smack of lack of ways to make challenging content in the face of existing universe of warframe, felt better than this.

I just wish they could have come up with a challenge by enemy design, or level design, or objective design, rather than a challenge by tying our hands.

On 2019-11-06 at 6:26 AM, JoJoseph said:

What's with all this complaining and whining? This just shows how little the new generation of gamers know about real challenges.

Challenge? If this is DE's definition of challenge then the future of Warframe is bleak. These were probably the most boring and annoying missions in the history of Warframe. Two of which are cheesed easily with Limbo. A challenge that isn't fun or difficult to complete isn't something DE should be striving for.

On 2019-11-23 at 4:45 AM, Gasau said:

Made all 3 in first hour of update with some random people from chat with Limbo,Saryn,Volt and Trinity.

I can hardly believe that there are players who bought the beacon in arbitration and can not pass this mission.

Thank you for your reply Gasau, I think what you have said here highlights the main issue with this mission, you played with a full squad and had a challenging but manageable series of games. 

For example if you get dropped you can potentially get revived by a team mate and if you don't then you are safe in the knowledge that the enemies are still being destroyed and the objective is safe and as long as at least one player survives the mission then you've all won. 

Sadly you can't say this for solo players, if you're dead that's a life gone and the objective is being destroyed and you can die very easily in this mode by simply landing near a grenade as it explodes (you hear the beeps to late) while you're desperately trying to hammer smash everything, it also takes longer to complete the mission (33 mins to complete for me) 

And that's the biggest problem because even if you're set to public play other players don't join the game once it's in progress (I think it's like how derelict keys work though it could also be due to the game mode being only available to players who unlocked Arbitration mode and collected enough vitus for the key) and not everyone has active friends or clan mates to play with and not everyone wants to go in chat and hopefully find a good team (I'm socially inept and chatting on PlayStation without a keyboard is slow and unwieldy) 

TL;DR

The game mode is not very well balanced for solo play and shouldn't have Warframe parts or exclusive gear locked behind it. 

Found it to be very tedious and reflecting badly on DE that the only thing they could come up with is to deny you all the thing you've grinded for to present a so called "challenge". Hope this isn't done again. The one I found to be the most outrageous was excavation, kindly fix it btw if you're going to center a "challenge" around it. What's the fun in sitting around because an excavator won't spawn and you're just kind of starting them to be destroyed to net you 20 each one? It doesn't compete with running back and forth to the exit during exterminate trying to re-spawn remaining enemies but still.

This was fun and challenging. It just requires a very simple look at strategy in terms of function and goal; the missions were easily completed in one attempt.

I hope for more challenges like these. As much as I love blasting through missions whilst invulnerable and one-shotting bosses... I also like having to plan.

Edited by Artoah
Came off as a little condescending.

• 5 weeks later...

🤮 disguuuusting! I'm solo.. have just one friend sometimes playing.. so i can forget to ever get this WF by playing.. what i always try.. disgusting really! Frustrating, Mouse killing click spasms. WTF I play WF cause i hate S#&$ like sneak games where u fail each minute. Maybe buying is the only option.

• 5 weeks later...