TheOneWhoKnoxx

Grendel Missions

These missions just don’t look fun. Higher level missions with ZERO mods is not challenging. Challenging implies difficult but still capable of being fun. These just look like a massive middle finger to players like “Hey put up with this grind to cough up some plat” in the worst way possible.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 16

il y a 10 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

These missions just don’t look fun. Higher level missions with ZERO mods is not challenging. Challenging implies difficult but still capable of being fun. These just look like a massive middle finger to players like “Hey put up with this grind to cough up some plat” in the worst way possible.

Playing since 2013 ... time to make a break i think.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

The missions are so mindbogglingly boring it hurts. That's why new player gameplay sucks DE. Nobody wants to go without mods. Anyway, the missions are very easy to cheese. Since you don't have mods, the only way to one-shot enemies is with the heavy slam. A weapon like the Arca Triton works best as it has one of the highest heavy slam damage. It's also stupidly spammable and a massive AoE stun.

For excavation, you don't even need to think or do anything. Equip wisp (you can even do it solo) and remain invisible. Activate the excavators, let the enemy destroy the excavator, rinse and repeat. Hell, I think it's even faster this way than actually doing it the legit way and defending them. 800 cryotic.

For the survival, bring wisp and nidus. Wisp heals and nidus attracts enemies (solo wisp can work too, but you might have trouble when activating the capsules). So, easy to do but boring. 20 minutes

For the defense, you just need limbo and spam heavy slam. You can do this one solo too and quite easily (the enemies didn't even dent the shields of the pod). 15 rounds (about half an hour)

Edited by ixidron92
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 8

Very brutal in solo. Survivability isn't a problem, but keeping up with the killing and cc is. 

I'm currently using Hildryn and experiment with different weapons that deliver toxin and radiation damage. Still have many infested weapons left to build though, so I just started building a bunch and will look more into it tomorrow when they are done. 

I don't mind a challenge, but this was obviously not balanced for solo play 😄 Will also be tough for people who don't have many weapons and frames to choose from since the "meta" here will likely be very odd stuff. 

• Applause 5
  • Upvote 1

It wasn't difficult. It was just annoying and boring. I honestly recommend people do what they enjoy in the game to trade for the plat they need to buy the frame (if they want it). Because I really can't imagine someone having even a hint of fun while doing those three missions.

I'm all for a challenge, all for the one or another curveball that gets you out of the usual routine / comfort zone and maybe makes you try something new. Because yes, there is something about getting through something that is frustrating to reap some kind of reward, some kind of thrill. - But it's not some kind of "if frustrating - then thrill" kinda relationship. That's not how it works. Overcoming frustration makes an /already existing/ thrill more intense. There was zero thrill in this.

There wasn't even anything new or remotely different or innovative about it. It was routine from years ago when all the fancy mods and arcanes and operators and all that didn't exist yet. Naturally true and tested frames from back then worked like a charm; trin, mirage, frost, saryn (though saryn worked different back then). Get some weapon with good ammo efficiency cause you gonna turn enemies into a swiss cheese before they drop.

But the worst thing is that you don't really get any context in game as to what the f is happening. There are good surprises and bad ones. This was a thoroughly bad one.

• Upvote 4

I'm guessing I found a bug then, because in the survival mission (that I did last) I brought Trin/Penta/Tombfinger/Vaykor Sydon, and I had all my mods. I didn't for the excavation or defense missions however. Is there some trick to mod layout that let's you bring them, maybe? I had Trin/Lenz/Prisma Angstrum/Ohma for the first two and didn't have my mods equipped. Interestingly, it seems that augments must work fine, or at least Octavia's "Conductor" augment.

As far as the mission itself, I find it a very interesting change of pace to the game to try and work without mods. I don't think a new frame's mission is something that should be easily cheese'd through like most missions, a challenge makes it that much more satisfying when you finish. It's not like you lose anything but time if you don't win, and in a game that's typically "press 4 to win" it makes an exciting change.

Octavia's 1 makes it pretty easy by letting the enemies kill themselves for you. I had the broken scepter for more orbs and ferrox alt fire to group enemies. Jump around and let the mallet do the work.

A mission where I actually have to work for something and pay attention and coordinate with team mates that is vet content

FINALLY 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Did the survival with Trinity and Wisp. We both had sniper rifles and some other rapid fire weps for breaking bubbles. Was a tough 20 minutes. Wisps  Sun lazer was really tearing em up though. 

The defense is a pain. We used trinity and Frost but omg did it ever take long. Every wave was just brutal. Musta been in there 45 minutes 😛 

Have not tried the other mission yet.  Waiting for our other friend to get online. 

Is it ever tough trying to break the habit of not going into operator mode for energy. These missions are hell and really make you appreciate your mods and operator that is for sure. 

Edited by bananacat89
spelling
  • Applause 2

Hmm. The challenge is fine; a little something different to throw in the mix. Not great first execution, but not bad either. Has potential.

That said, I think the missions are too long, especially considering the Vitus grind to get the keys in the first place. Think they should be about 5-10 minutes each tops.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Its artificial difficulty, its not like related to lore or anything its just lame 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 10

So this is what DE understands as difficult content: the worst and least fun missions to ever exist and yes I am counting conclave there. Lets never go back to this out of season april's fools joke.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

I'm not opposed to difficult content but Completely neutering our characters feels a bit jarring tbh. I would've been fine with if we kept our gear but unranked or something, because as-is having to deal with lv40+ enemies with no mods or operator is both frustrating and a slog. Especially something like survival where you have to kill enemies quickly for life support modules. I already dislike being at the mercy of Capsule RNG tbh and it's even worse here

Edited by CephKaron
  • Upvote 5

The missions are extremely fun You just need to use the right frames, for defensive missions Revenant , Frost,Trinity and Wisp. Take an hammer and spam heavy slam attacks.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Satisfied 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sounds like you are empty enough - in enough need - for Grendel to appear if you beat the mission.

If grendal wasnt such a joke sure. Put the mods back on this frame is not worth the trouble.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

hace 4 minutos, bibmobello dijo:

The missions are extremely fun You just need to use the right frames, for defensive missions Revenant , Frost,Trinity and Wisp. Take an hammer and spam heavy slam attacks.

That sounds stupidly boring, but it's the best way to kill. So, instead of warframe, you play wack-a-mole.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, ZeyFur said:

No mods, no operator, not even a gear wheel.
I just hope it gets changed / fixed soon

Pretty sure no mods/operator/wheel is working as intended

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Pretty sure no mods/operator/wheel is working as intended

In that case someone made a design decision with 100% disregard for people enjoying their builds or the time they poured into acquiring their gear, mods and general equipment. It needs a fix, regardless of it being a bug or intended.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, Meyew said:

Its artificial difficulty, its not like related to lore or anything its just lame 

It's not artificial difficulty. This is the difficulty the original game was based on.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I'd say... stop whining, and begin thinking. Brain will be always the strongest weapon. 

• Haha 3
  • Woah 4
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, XzWasPzX said:

I'd say... stop whining, and begin thinking. Brain will be always the strongest weapon. 

Stupid "git gud" mentality. I want to apply my brain to a problem, but for that I need to have my tools available to find a good solution. And in a game, a "good solution" is not just one that works, it also has to be one that is fun. I obviously can simply jump around with Octavia malleting the S#&$ out of op bucket heads. But I dislike to simply use the Ready2Eat solution served by others, I want to be able to overcome the challenge (by myself, because it's for some reason not a matchmaking mission) that is actually a challenge. This is as much a "challenge" as Bilbos "riddle" of 'What have I got in my pocket?' is a legitimate riddle.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 11

For me, a vet, this was awesome. No BS. Just naked WF and weapons. My friends and I loved this. No RNG, no BS, no grind. Just skill. My hats off to you DE.

Cleanest WF acquisition to date.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2

This challenge is good, but some notice or warning in description will be better.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Har-Vestor said:

In that case someone made a design decision with 100% disregard for people enjoying their builds or the time they poured into acquiring their gear, mods and general equipment. It needs a fix, regardless of it being a bug or intended.

You have the rest of the game to do that. We spend time with our precious loadouts for hours. These missions took a combined total of 1 hr. This mission doesn't need a fix, it's working as intended. Adapt and overcome, don't whine and complain.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

You have the rest of the game to do that. This mission doesn't need a fix, it's working as intended. Adapt and overcome, don't whine and complain.

I want to adapt. To an actual challenge with the equip I worked for. But when you disregard arguments and criticism as "whining", well, you are not really fit to discuss anything.

Edited by Har-Vestor
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2