Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOneWhoKnoxx

Grendel Missions

2 minutes ago, Har-Vestor said:

I want to adapt. To an actual challenge with the equip I worked for. 

Then go play the rest of the game. This is like the smallest occurrence ever where you don't have the entire toolbox that basically invalidates challenge entirely in WF. You want challenge but you want your cheat codes too. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Then go play the rest of the game. This is like the smallest occurrence ever where you don't have the entire toolbox that basically invalidates challenge entirely in WF. You want challenge but you want your cheat codes too. Get over it.

no, we want challenge that doesnt ignore 95% of the freaking games progression. Too much is taken away from the player at the same time, making it annoying instead of fun

9 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

This challenge is good, but some notice or warning in description will be better.

I think this is only the incipit for the duviri paradox. It's time to use the brain instead of spamming maiming strike.

7 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

no, we want challenge that doesnt ignore 95% of the freaking games progression. Too much is taken away from the player at the same time, making it annoying instead of fun

Game progression is just an illusion.

For example  you have 100 health and you deal 100 damage and you reach the limit to fight a level 100 enemy.

If they give you 200 health and 200 damage to fight a level 200 enemy it's just the same...

This game is tested without mods in mind.

The (sad)truth is people wanna have 200 health and 200 damage to fight level 10 enemies...

The challenge is to use a bit of brain and choose the right frames.

11 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Gear you worked for are basically cheats. Your arguments get stronger by the minute, friend... 
I want a challenge and my options to tackle and overcome this challenge, simple as that. If my toolbox is strong the challenge needs to be tough yes. BUT it needs to be an actual challenge, not  the age old trope in video games of stealing the players stuff to simulate urgency and difficulty. This is not difficult, its simply frustrating and boring while being unfair and unimaginative.

This is just the complete antithesis of fun. Extremely long and boring missions with nothing new or different. Removing everything we've ever gotten it isn't difficulty, it's just lazy design.

Was awesome to farm like this, I hope we can get more missions like this (good guaranteed rewards for high difficulty). 

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Game progression is just an illusion.

For example  you have 100 health and you deal 100 damage and you reach the limit to fight a level 100 enemy.

If they give you 200 health and 200 damage to fight a level 200 enemy it's just the same...

This game is tested without mods in mind.

The (sad)truth is people wanna have 200 health and 200 damage to fight level 10 enemies...

id say its not a myth, but I'm not going to debate that with you...I doubt we'd get anywhere doing that.

my point is, almostevery freaking thing you've built up in the game is absolutely useless in the grendel missions, you end up with minimal choice in what you can take and actually expect to do anything to the enemy.  besides, if this qualifies as "challenge" that players want... then they can literally just go without mods and play regular missions, its no different...

but wait...everytime that gets suggested...the vets say that isnt what they want... yet thats just what DE did...

53 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

It's not artificial difficulty. This is the difficulty the original game was based on.

What do you mean? that new players are expected to finish this with ease? or that because i HAVE all these mods and gear i shouldnt NEED them? What is the point of the missions stripping you of  your S#&$ other than to make it a little harder to finish 

10 minutes ago, Meyew said:

What do you mean? that new players are expected to finish this with ease? or that because i HAVE all these mods and gear i shouldnt NEED them? What is the point of the missions stripping you of  your S#&$ other than to make it a little harder to finish 

The new players has the same equipment of veterans during these missions but experienced people has something more.. Experience for example?

i repeated the defence missions twice because we were only 2 and i have no idea you have no mods at all, the second time people disappeared for a connection problem i think... recruited 4 people and i choose the frames, no deads at all, no damage pretty stupidly easy. 

And i don't think you always had an amp and an operator in this game...

18 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

And i don't think you always had an amp and an operator in this game...

Nope. You worked for that. Now it should be yours to decide if you use it 🙂

2 minutes ago, Har-Vestor said:

Nope. You worked for that. Now it should be yours to decide if you use it 🙂

"worked" and game don't sound good together...

Just now, bibmobello said:

"worked" and game don't sound good...

I invested time, energy and passion into something to get something in return. If you put the emphasis on my choice of words already in an effort to weaken my point, then that's quite telling...

you know the last time I failed a mission? 

yeah, me either...

until I loaded into the survival mode (ala kekros) with some lower MR friends who would have a tough time getting grendawg... 

I knew I was in trouble when pressing '5' did nothing... realized it was gonna be a looooong 20min after discovering gearwheel hotkeys were disabled. haha.

humbling. I liked it. moar plz.

1 minute ago, CoefficientOfCool said:

you know the last time I failed a mission? 

yeah, me either...

until I loaded into the survival mode (ala kekros) with some lower MR friends who would have a tough time getting grendawg... 

I knew I was in trouble when pressing '5' did nothing... realized it was gonna be a looooong 20min after discovering gearwheel hotkeys were disabled. haha.

humbling. I liked it. moar plz.

Instead i passed the survival the first time, i sweated a lot after i realized i couldn't use operator and wheel and i have no mods on ivara...It was a true survival finding an hole to hide or running away like an rabbit,,, 

smartest person I played with was MR5 and just stayed in the limbro rift the whole time. I thought I was loading in with EC, Despoil, Equilibrium, and SOS and was about to teach a kekros class.

the uhhh... class... got postponed 😜

3 minutes ago, CoefficientOfCool said:

smartest person I played with was MR5 and just stayed in the limbro rift the whole time. I thought I was loading in with EC, Despoil, Equilibrium, and SOS and was about to teach a kekros class.

the uhhh... class... got postponed 😜

Without mods you see some frames are really op  while others  are just crap. Inaros,mesa and many others sre just useless for example.:crylaugh:

All those people crying is so funny to see. If you learned to play the game instead of complaining, maybe you could do it better xD

Just now, Furling. said:

All those people crying is so funny to see. If you learned to play the game instead of complaining, maybe you could do it better xD

"Crying" (watch out, your intelligence is showing) is not the same as failing the missions. Octavia made it almost trivial, as a I said, but that does not make the design right in any way. Besides, everything that promotes the toxicity that is the "git gud" mentality is suspicious. Also, this sucks for solo players, which makes it already unacceptable.

9 minutes ago, Har-Vestor said:

"Crying" (watch out, your intelligence is showing) is not the same as failing the missions. Octavia made it almost trivial, as a I said, but that does not make the design right in any way. Besides, everything that promotes the toxicity that is the "git gud" mentality is suspicious. Also, this sucks for solo players, which makes it already unacceptable.

But this is not a solo game, it's a cooperative game and yeah octavia is pretty broken but solo you will run out of energy and die(during grendel defensive).

Then this mission would have automatic matchmaking. It does not have this, therefore it has to be balanced for the solo players.

New

6 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

But this is not a solo game, it's a cooperative game and yeah octavia is pretty broken but solo you will run out of energy and die.

But what if i like playing it solo? 

Edit: Also, since when is having a S#&$ ton of mods and content in your game then taking it all away for no other reason than to "balance" you with new players a good idea? Conclave?

I enjoyed it - sorry you didn't. The only issue is my wife disconnected with only about 15 seconds left on excavation, so she has to do it again. 😞

If you really don't like it, just skip it and spend plat to get Grendel if you want him.

2 minutes ago, Meyew said:

New

But what if i like playing it solo? 

But it's only to farm grendel. Someone wrote he did solo using revenant but i am not 100% sure about that... Revenant is pretty OP even without mods but you will run out of energy and die without a squad.

salt doesnt really do anything for me nowadays unfortunately, so instead of jumping on the gitgud train and pretending I know what I'm talking about while giving 0 helpful advice... heres what worked for me:

dps - saryn,  I'm sure theres more options though.

ze energies - harrow or trin(can heal too obviously. note - must kill EV targets quickly, if possible target trash mobs)

buff frame - Rino Stronk (his 4 useful for revives or stopping defense target getting pwned)

4th slot - volt , shooting through his shields helped with dmg and also helps to revive ppl without becoming downed as well.

weapons are unmodded, I wish I could recommend something less lame but the ignis Wraith seemed to clear stuff the easiest.

take all this with a grain of salt ofc, half the fun of it is coming up with a strategy that works. 

ty ty and gl.

and yeah, solo gonna be tough...