Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Missions

TheOneWhoKnoxx

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

Yeah, being almost never hit owing to his Thralls and poor enemy accuracy is why his Mesmer Skin works so well. It just catches the stray damage sources, be it stray bullets, grenades or whatever... Falls apart for some specific enemies with high accuracy and fire rate (e.g. Profit Taker's belly cannon). If you had casted Mesmer Skin, you wouldn't have to think about grenades.

Comba have a bug that can render existing Thralls permanently immune to all Warframe abilities (not reproducible in Simulacrum). Good thing you didn't experience this because Moas that can't be Enthrall or stunned by Mesmer Skin can be very dangerous.

His 4th ability is way too expensive to be worth using without Fleeting Expertise and Streamline slotted. Good that you didn't use it much. It also doesn't work as well on higher level enemies since it doesn't scale very well.... so even more energy needed to kill higher level stuff!

The scrambus on the final wave was the only real annoyance, he nullified all the thralls and turned them back into enemies that all immediately turned on me lol. Nullifiers however had no effect on thralls which was nice. I isolated the scrambus, shot his helmet off and War combo'd him to death then re-thralled the enemies but it was something I wasn't expecting lol.

Mesmer skin would've only been worth it to survive a 1 hit kill grenade but you can hear those and know where it is with decent headphones.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

To avoid key leeching I imagine.

I see, I feel like Arbitration requirements is really unnecessary. I mean like, "You have completed Arbitration missions and now have enough Vitus Essence to buy Grendel by unlocking even more challenging missions to get the Grendel parts!"

They could just stick with Blueprint and from there straight unlock the Grendel part missions. I mean it is a challenging mission.

5 hours ago, 844448 said:

Funny you say checking out destiny 2 when the gameplay is basically similar to grendel mission where you have no way to brute force through, not to mention the sluggish walk/run speed if you don't sacrifice your resilience (max HP) and recovery (heal speed)

Yes except the gameplay of destiny 2 is built and balanced around that. Trying to solo a nightfall ordeal strike in destiny 2 at the power level cap might be comparable in difficulty. Its a very different game with very different mechanics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hviewerh said:

I see, I feel like Arbitration requirements is really unnecessary. I mean like, "You have completed Arbitration missions and now have enough Vitus Essence to buy Grendel by unlocking even more challenging missions to get the Grendel parts!"

They could just stick with Blueprint and from there straight unlock the Grendel part missions. I mean it is a challenging mission.

I entirely agree. I feel that like usual, this is just their way of encouraging people to play Arbitrations more and in a small way, gate lesser players from attempting the missions until they're higher level(all solar system nodes cleared).

10 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I entirely agree. I feel that like usual, this is just their way of encouraging people to play Arbitrations more and in a small way, gate lesser players from attempting the missions until they're higher level(all solar system nodes cleared).

the only problem is that grendel isn't worth it.i was told that grendel doesn't feel special and there have been a few times where i lost my mind in a feral rage over how frustrating this thing is to do. he is not worth it. he is just a joke frame. because of the fact i don't have the tactical strategy like all you other players have i have to stand here repeatedly banging my dang head against a brick wall. this is not fun. this is not fun. if you want to see how much fun i am not having, then go..... -sigh- whats so special about grendal anyways. its mostly for laughs. there is nothing serious about this guy so he doesn't deserve trying to be that serious about getting him.  

the whole bit about "you have to be empty in order to get it" just bothers me very much, and it just sounds like an excuse to making it too hard to the point it forces the people that can't do it to buy him.  

and i don't really care about how vets or who ever want hard and challenging difficulty because apparently they don't care  about my well being because, when i first vented my frustration they didn't attempt to calm me down or anything they just tell me that i am doing it wrong and i have to do this specific strategy or what not and making it off like its not so bad making me feel more and more terrible about i can't handle what they apparently can. which is why i hate anything with the term of hard or difficult. because of the fact that that these so called vets don't come down and look at how i am handling these things and try to figure me out. they just prefer to look at their own dang level and scoff when they see someone having trouble with something they don't see as a problem. 

it sends me into a rage like no other. 

Edited by maddragonmaster

2 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

don't get me wrong. the idea of a game mode where it is a mod less run sounds fun in theory. i am just annoyed about the fact i feel useless.

Just need more practice mate, veterans weren't always good at the game either. But the part about not caring if we want a challenge I mean... 99% of the game is a cakewalk. Let us have our 1% of fun.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Just need more practice mate, veterans weren't always good at the game either. But the part about not caring if we want a challenge I mean... 99% of the game is a cakewalk. Let us have our 1% of fun.

excuse me for not being up to the same dang tier as every other vet in this dang game. half of the time i wish i could punch every vet in this game that ever decided to mock me for not being able to keep up with them. 

here i am lagging behind while some giddy happy vet that can both mock my attempts and finish the dam mission. how do you think i feel about this. why do you think i need to be at the same tier as some of those who would make light of my rage. 

my anger is about grendel who is just some dang meme frame being locked behind some game mode that i am not capable to do. i need a dam crutch in games because of my disability Aspergers, which is part of the autism spectrum. you know that disability that everyone in this dang community loves to mock. can you feel how frustrated i am feeling like i am just some dang joke. can you imagine how fricking furious it is for some random player to say "git gud" without adding any dam help advice.  

so tell me. why should i deal with grendel being this infuriating to deal with when already have to deal with the communities crap?

To everybody in this thread that finds being stripped of all your mods is fun. If you being unable to use your mods is so much fun, then why don't you just play every mission without mods then?! You obviously enjoy it, so taking off all your mods shouldn't be a problem right?

Edited by (XB1)ultamite hero
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kuryux said:

Just in case DE is scrolling through this, plz dont nerf it. We need some challenges in this game and these missions are some of the few that can be slightly challenging and unique. We need more like this.

nerf the grendel missions and then make up another dang set of missions for your challenges. grendel is not worth this much hassle to deal with. look at my recent comment. why should something that you enjoy get in the why of my enjoyment? if you want to have this much fun then why don't you take your fun keep it out of how i prefer to enjoy the game. i am perfectly fine with what you want to have fun as long as it does not get in the way of how i  prefer to enjoy the game. and since i can't obtain grendel it is getting in the way of how i prefer to enjoy the game.

33 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

excuse me for not being up to the same dang tier as every other vet in this dang game. half of the time i wish i could punch every vet in this game that ever decided to mock me for not being able to keep up with them. 

here i am lagging behind while some giddy happy vet that can both mock my attempts and finish the dam mission. how do you think i feel about this. why do you think i need to be at the same tier as some of those who would make light of my rage. 

my anger is about grendel who is just some dang meme frame being locked behind some game mode that i am not capable to do. i need a dam crutch in games because of my disability Aspergers, which is part of the autism spectrum. you know that disability that everyone in this dang community loves to mock. can you feel how frustrated i am feeling like i am just some dang joke. can you imagine how fricking furious it is for some random player to say "git gud" without adding any dam help advice.  

so tell me. why should i deal with grendel being this infuriating to deal with when already have to deal with the communities crap?

How on earth did I mock you? And please, don't bring mental illness into this as a reason why everyone else should bend to your will. Considering you say he's a rubbish frame anyway all you're missing out on is 6k mastery, big deal.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

10 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

nerf the grendel missions and then make up another dang set of missions for your challenges. grendel is not worth this much hassle to deal with. look at my recent comment. why should something that you enjoy get in the why of my enjoyment? if you want to have this much fun then why don't you take your fun keep it out of how i prefer to enjoy the game. i am perfectly fine with what you want to have fun as long as it does not get in the way of how i  prefer to enjoy the game. and since i can't obtain grendel it is getting in the way of how i prefer to enjoy the game.

To flip that around, why should something we enjoy be taken away to please you? Don't be so selfish.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

To everybody in this thread that finds being stripped of all your mods is fun. If you being unable to use your mods is so much fun, then why don't you just play every mission without mods then?! You obviously enjoy it, so taking off all your mods shouldn't be a problem right?

To everybody in this thread that likes syrup on your pancakes. If you eating syrup is so enjoyable, then why don'y you just eat every food with syrup then? You obviously enjoy it, so putting it on all your food shouldn't be a problem, right?

21 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

I mean I do from time to time, I like to challenge myself. Hydrolyst operator only was fun.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

How on earth did I mock you? And please, don't bring mental illness into this as a reason why everyone else should bend to your will.

but none of you didn't do anything to stop the mockery of autism. and why should i bend to people that i do not know? why should i suffer for something that you enjoy? 

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

To flip that around, why should something we enjoy be taken away to please you? Don't be so selfish.

oh, like i am the only person selfish. as remember the old catchphrase monkey see monkey do. all of my thread mannerisms where birthed from this gaming community. 

2 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

but none of you didn't do anything to stop the mockery of autism. and why should i bend to people that i do not know? why should i suffer for something that you enjoy? 

oh, like i am the only person selfish. as remember the old catchphrase monkey see monkey do. all of my thread mannerisms where birthed from this gaming community. 

I wasn't aware it was my responsibility to be your personal security guard? 

Wanting something removed from the game for the sake of 6k mastery is selfish and entitled, simple as that. It is 3 missions in a game with over 200. Go enjoy being able to roll your face across the keyboard and pretending you're godlike in the other 99% of missions the game offers. I have to endure the game being ridiculously easy the rest of the time, time for you to see how it feels.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

21 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I wasn't aware it was my responsibility to be your personal security guard? 

Wanting something removed from the game for the sake of 6k mastery is selfish and entitled, simple as that. It is 3 missions in a game with over 200. Go enjoy being able to roll your face across the keyboard and pretending you're godlike in the other 99% of missions the game offers. I have to endure the game being ridiculously easy the rest of the time, time for you to see how it feels.

i don't want you to be my security guard. i just hate the community for it. 

and have you seen some of those vets that cry out for difficulty. they way more entitled then i ever would be. one time i tried to stick my neck out and suggest that the mobs levels should be concentrated and cap'ed around level 100 so that people can reach the higher difficulty faster, and then, guess what even though  i suggested something that could very well cause me trouble in the sake of making an idea that everones ok with. i was ridiculed and told i was high all because they only saw 100 level and thought i was making the game even more easy. 

so i am sorry for being rude to you. but i still will never forgive the community for it.

5 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i don't want you to be my security guard. i just hate the community for it. 

and have you seen some of those vets that cry out for difficulty. they way more entitled then i ever would be. one time i tried to stick my neck out and suggest that the mobs levels should be concentrated and cap'ed around level 100 so that people can reach the higher difficulty faster, and then, guess what even though  i suggested something that could very well cause me trouble in the sake of making an idea that everones ok with. i was ridiculed and told i was high all because they only saw 100 level and thought i was making the game even more easy. 

so i am sorry for being rude to you. but i still will never forgive the community for it.

Yes I have seen it mate and unfortunately that element exists in every community, best to just ignore those types. To be honest if you can group up these missions are quite simple. If you are forced into solo fpr whatever reason, I posted how I solo'd it on the previous page. Only the defense is a little difficult solo, the other 2 should not be a problem. 

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yes I have seen it mate and unfortunately that element exists in every community, best to just ignore those types. To be honest if you can group up these missions are quite simple. If you are forced into solo fpr whatever reason, I posted how I solo'd it on the previous page. Only the defense is a little difficult solo, the other 2 should not be a problem. 

very well. would rather be able to do it solo because its the only way i know if i have any self worth, so i can say i am not helpless but look what it does to me. i am still a helpless, and i am acting rather pathetic complaining it being too difficult not being able to dodge the instant killing grenades those dang corpus have. even though seeing my frame corpse launch should be the funniest thing about it, the fact that happens over and over and over again being the primary thing that keeps on killing me over and over has filled me with so much stress and anxiety i swear i'm about to break down. i tried nearly every strategy i could think of, chroma, ember, several of the strongest weapons i have with the strongest i could come up was a revenant and tatsu bouncing around the dang place like a demented pinball from the netherworld, casting one and slamming down into the group. i got to the final round  lost it all because i jump right into the area a corpus member yeeted a grenade into. 

16 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

very well. would rather be able to do it solo because its the only way i know if i have any self worth, so i can say i am not helpless but look what it does to me. i am still a helpless, and i am acting rather pathetic complaining it being too difficult not being able to dodge the instant killing grenades those dang corpus have. even though seeing my frame corpse launch should be the funniest thing about it, the fact that happens over and over and over again being the primary thing that keeps on killing me over and over has filled me with so much stress and anxiety i swear i'm about to break down. i tried nearly every strategy i could think of, chroma, ember, several of the strongest weapons i have with the strongest i could come up was a revenant and tatsu bouncing around the dang place like a demented pinball from the netherworld, casting one and slamming down into the group. i got to the final round all because  jump right into the area a corpus member yeeted a grenade into. 

I used Revenant, I recommend taking Lesion because it ignores shields with toxin damage and if you find yourself running low on energy, use the Broken Scepter instead and hit moas with it for energy orbs. At the start of the waves I used my 1st ability on a moa to make him a thrall and he thralled all the others. That's it, 1 cast per wave, don't waste energy on the other abilities, use Reave if you happen to get shot. As for the grenades, just listen out for them and move. If you have excess energy, use thrall on a shield osprey for a nice shield boost.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I used Revenant, I recommend taking Lesion because it ignores shields with toxin damage and if you find yourself running low on energy, use the Broken Scepter instead and hit moas with it for energy orbs. At the start of the waves I used my 1st ability on a moa to make him a thrall and he thralled all the others. That's it, 1 cast per wave, don't waste energy on the other abilities, use Reave if you happen to get shot. As for the grenades, just listen out for them and move.

thanks for the advice. though this example might fall on deaf ears but to be simple i felt like i was flying around the place like that levi character from attack on titian, and then shot down by some dude with an rpg. or i felt like someone trying to mimic levi but tripped on some kind of landmine. 

to be honest its really hard to me to tune to a specific sound with all that clutter going on in the gameplay. all i hear is boom and my tooon is dead. i know this would be making the game too easy but i kind of wish there was other factors you can look out for besides a somewhat faint (or least to me faint) beeping because the game has too much stuff going on i loose track of everything and anything. 

27 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

thanks for the advice. though this example might fall on deaf ears but to be simple i felt like i was flying around the place like that levi character from attack on titian, and then shot down by some dude with an rpg. or i felt like someone trying to mimic levi but tripped on some kind of landmine. 

to be honest its really hard to me to tune to a specific sound with all that clutter going on in the gameplay. all i hear is boom and my tooon is dead. i know this would be making the game too easy but i kind of wish there was other factors you can look out for besides a somewhat faint (or least to me faint) beeping because the game has too much stuff going on i loose track of everything and anything. 

There is, listen for a "tink tink tink" noise of the grenade initially bouncing.