Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think Grendel's Nourish should apply ALL applicable buffs from enemies in your stomach... not one at a time.

Namoiram70

I think this is the biggest issue I have with Grendel. I don't see a real reason to have to cycle through enemies (Especially when there's no indicator to tell you what enemies you have that gives X buff.) in your stomach to pull a buff from one individual enemy at a time. It just adds a lot of clunk into a character that is almost basically Inaros.

Grendel's 3 and 4 are near useless and I feel like needs some tweaks. You can only use his 4 with enemies in your stomach which is an odd choice and if you only had 1 enemy and it dies you get pulled out of your ball. It's more clunkiness added to the character than there needs to be.

For those of you that have Grendel, what kind of builds do you guys have? I'm interested to know how you're building him because i'd like to make him work! I just legit am clueless on how to build other than just super tank.

And and one more thing... How does a frame based on eating not have a single healing move? ._.

EDIT: Oops... forgot his two heals but it's so minuscule I wouldn't consider it a good heal. At 250% Str you get 125 Health. :X

Edited by Namoiram70
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-10-31 at 8:18 PM, Namoiram70 said:

I don't see a real reason to have to cycle through enemies (Especially when there's no indicator to tell you what enemies you have that gives X buff.) in your stomach to pull a buff from one individual enemy at a time.

EDIT: Oops... forgot his two heals but it's so minuscule I wouldn't consider it a good heal. At 250% Str you get 125 Health. :X

I agree. It's annoying to cycle through the buffs. it is more useful Nourish once, and get all required buff in his stomach. Also, his 2 scales off of enemy levels

Edited by pritron

His entire kit is a joke.

We "eat" enemies and we start losing energy instead of gaining it...

We consume one of them expending more energy for a very low duration buff - while still losing energy constantly due to the other victims in our stomach...

We can vomit enemies explosively..

We can roll around badly while losing enemies to convert in buffs, energy and even more energy if all enemies are digested

WTF is wrong with DE and energy sustainability of powers?! Grendel should gain energy per victim, not lose it

7 hours ago, Ikusias said:

WTF is wrong with DE and energy sustainability of powers?! Grendel should gain energy per victim, not lose it

Agreed. I hate this new trend of energy drain ramp up that came with Ember and Grendel. Don't get me wrong Ember's Immolation is simple to use with her Fire Blast and/or ability toggling, but Feast is a requirement to use every ability, and I feel like I'm being punished for using a necessary parts of Grendel's kit. Add that to the fact I have to use Nourish  3 or more times to get the buffs I want and energy management is just a nightmare.

47 minutes ago, Dark_Logiq88 said:

Agreed. I hate this new trend of energy drain ramp up that came with Ember and Grendel. Don't get me wrong Ember's Immolation is simple to use with her Fire Blast and/or ability toggling, but Feast is a requirement to use every ability, and I feel like I'm being punished for using a necessary parts of Grendel's kit. Add that to the fact I have to use Nourish  3 or more times to get the buffs I want and energy management is just a nightmare.

Grendels energy buff comes from anything that shoots and isn't a heavy unit. I personally use rage to keep my energy high but I do agree his healing from his 2 is pitiful especially since he is a health based frame.   

The problem with Grendel's energy buff is that it only really benefits him when he picks up orbs. Zenurik doesn't work while he has an enemy in his stomach, otherwise I think his energy buff from Nourish would be pretty good.

And a vast majority of the enemies that we encounter are non-heavy ranged units. So most of the time Grendel's Nourish is going to generate the energy buff.

A few tweaks to Grendel could go a long way. Even switching the toxin and energy buff would be much better, that way the toxin buff would be much more consistent. Lowering his drain on enemies in his stomach a little bit would be nice too. At max efficiency he gets energy intensive with over 5 enemies in his stomach. And buffing his 3 would make it more viable.

On 2019-10-31 at 8:18 PM, Namoiram70 said:

It would be better if his heals are based off of how many enemies is in his stomach.