Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.2

[DE]Megan

5 minutes ago, JackFraust said:

I just found a fairly serious problem. I cannot get out of Arch-wing when on the Plains. To get out of Arch-wing, pressing F (quick melee) was required, but now, nothing happens. I cannot even open my Gear Wheel while in Arch-wing.

Ignore this post. I found the solution. Apparently "Heavy Attack" didn't have a set keybinding and for some reason, pressing E did nothing until I put a keybinding on "Heavy Attack".

This content Drop is mostly crap, the Liches looks discussing and the method to get them is way to grindy , the weapons are awful. melee 3.2 is meh. Warframe no longer makes you feel like a Badass. Grendel is OK but nothing special.

The reason why 50%+ of the player base uses good weapon is it's 'good', DE and other money grubbing publishers would see that as a bad thing. DE nerfs the Catchmoon , heaven forbid they make the other weapons better (300+ employees have had enough time).

Another problem is to make room for new warframes , they nerf good existing ones.There is a youtube video with Sheldon saying he is surprised they created a Slot machine.  They still have it (Kavat and Kubrow random generator is essenially a slot machine), the only reason they changed it was , having too many Kavats or Kubrows was taxing their servers (they were very good with the way they spun it). 

This game now is unappealing to even look at.

Can I get a refund on the plat I still have.

Heavy Attack idea sure is good but using the 3th button of mouse to trigger it is a bad idea :c specially for gunblades, also the stance "Bullet Dance" 3rd move, is a awesome, but the foward movement ruins it, since the enemies ragdoll like hell at close range. Consider a special method to trigger heavy attacks depending on the weapon.

8 minutes ago, N7Paladin said:

Can we please have the old combo sysrem on the stances bacjk. This new system is a joke. Why is E hell bent on making MELEE as casual as possible. The old combo system was perfect on stances like swirling tiger and defiled snap dragon. Now is all garbage. All you've done is play mix and match with the combos and have the same generic button presses. What is going on over there? Why would anyone  think this is better than what we had. Just give us back the option to choose between this new system and the old system. Please we want options, cause this new casual system is garbage it has no soul or substance. For some weapons it works great and really helped others it just downright destroyed. This did more damage than good. Defiled Snapdragon, Final harbinger, Swirling Tger, Blind Justice & Tempo Royale were some of the greatest stances, why would anyone fool with that is beyond me.

because the old combo system forced you to stop what you were doing to do a different, more reliable combo.  And some combo's were IMPOSSIBLE to pull off(wukong's original iron staff combo that did the throw animation.  pulling off the "pause" portion was literally impossible to intentionally do). This system is more fluid.  Some sacrifices are made but at least it works more reliably.

54 minutes ago, lordcominus said:

finisher not working and why the cap on melee counter

it's working but it's bound to the interact button instead of the melee button like we're used to (took me a while to figure that out myself)

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed some Kuva Lich name generation options. To be frank, it was Titt. Sorry to those Titts out there who had their Titt taken away. Titt had to be done.

Awww. I was so anxious to get my Kuva Lich Twin Team of Titt and Tatt going. Poor Tatt is saddened by this.

Just a first impression of the patch and hotfixes so far:

1. Stealth is still broken. Enemies are alerted from too far away, too quickly, and sometimes even through walls. Stealth affinity multiplier is still missing for everything except melee finishers and sleeping targets. If this is deliberate, at least say something. It's been over 3 weeks of silence on this, and there are a lot of players that enjoyed stealth gameplay (myself included) that just can't anymore.
  2. Excalibur, Excalibur Prime, and Excalibur Umbra need the ranged projectile added back and a faster animation on Heavy Attacks while Exalted Blade is active, and a higher damage multiplier on Heavy Slam Attacks. The Exalted Blade slam attack does not do enough damage to proc an adequate amount of healing from the reworked Life Strike mod, and the standard heavy attack has a slow charge-up effect and short range. Neither of which are a good idea when trying to replenish lost health. These make the frames feel much less durable.
  3. The energy bar is randomly turning silver instead of the normal blue, which makes it very hard to see.
  4. Positive note - I'm really glad you took the time to make Grendel's belly synergize with mission waves and loot drops. It's really nice to be able to keep a feasted enemy without delaying the mission or losing loot.
  5. It would be nice to have a visual indicator of which enemy type is selected for Nourish. Every enemy seems to give the armor buff regardless of enemy type, and I can't tell if it's a bug or I just don't have a ranged enemy in my belly.

Most of the other issues I've seen have already been addressed in some fashion, or they're in the bug report forums. Thanks for the quick fixes as usual.

First impressions so far are miserable.  I give positives for some new content, no RNG frame parts, and some UI rework.

The problems though make me believe this needed another week to bake.  It's just a mess.

1. You remapped basic controls, then obfuscated names.  It's great resetting things, and discovering that you still need to figure out what will let you roll again.
  2. Requiem relics aren't a 100%drop chance, and after 4 regular runs seem to be a 0% chance.  It's great when only the paying players get access to content.
  3. The Grendel missions suck.  There's nothing to indicate the handicaps.  Some mods work, others don't.  There's no indication about length and difficulty.  The nullifier are now removing stacks (Nidus) on top of energy, I never thought they could be more annoying.  Best of all, the resources required are locked in PoE....yeah.
  4. Available content today is....just the missions.  Everything else is hidden behind a grind wall and timers.  Between the artificial wait and lack of information it's just frustrating.
  5. Multiple pages of notes, and you've missed many things that we are seeing changed.  I think the biggest is the UI, but there are a lot of visual changes that were made for no reason.
  6. Speaking of annoying visuals, hacking.  You've now got a Robocop data spike, so every time you hack there's an animation and screen shake before the game starts.  The game is slid to one side of the screen, and angled, unless you hack the console from its right side rather than the front face.  Tell me again, why do I give a crap about the Parazon for 99% of missions.
  7. Kuva liches exist...but we need requiem relics...requiem relics aren't dropping...logically then the only people farming them at this time are partners and people putting money into the game for expendable content.  Just a fantastic look for the free to play game when your patch only adds content for players.
  8. So, the Grendel missions blow.  I have to grind gear to do high level missions.  I have to grind the missions to get essence.  I have to spend essence on keys.  On the key missions I am inconsistently able to get mods working.  If this is your introduction of "challenge," it's wrong.  You've basically highlighted your broken scaling and how worthless players are with no mods.  This isn't a challenge, it's a throwback to 6 years ago when to get a fully ranked vitality you needed 1024 of them farmed, and because the leveling was doubling the step of a few percentage points of health represented hundreds of mods at the highest rank.
  9. Can we get just one release that doesn't bork older content?  You've decided to suck the life from the Catchmoon....ok.  A year after introducing it you haven't released anything that would compete so you nerf it to oblivion like the Arca Plasmor.  It's stupid, but so be it.  The issue is you then sell us the pexilus mods.  Their syndicate cost is equivalent to just shy of 12 relics, while the drop from requiem relics is a rare.  You've now sold us the fix to the problem you created, because projectile flight speed will give the Catchmoon some of its life back.  Joy.  You can sell us a fix to the problem you made, and we should just accept that.
  10. Pexilus slots in general are nonsense.  Right now I've got multiple weapons with Riven, that are completely out of mod space.  Now I can get a new slot, that I can't afford even fully forma'd.  This seems like the Aura Forma all over again....because the only frame which loves the ability to change auras often is Nova, because speed and slow variants exist.  Yay, more content that is useless because an Opticor and Soma have to share the same mod pool.  It seems like you've really not thought this out from a player perspective, or for that matter from a logical one beyond "more slots = more options = good."

I called this two weeks ago, and it took no effort.  The update was going to be half baked, and buggy.  I thought less buggy than to remap basic functions, but I stand corrected.  You delayed more than a week and this is what we have to work with.  Another launch where if you don't check the wiki you're going to get curb stomped because basic elements aren't explained, but a page can be dedicated to tweaking armor positions slightly to prevent passing through frame skins.  I'd ask you for some shame, but by Thanksgiving weekend this will all be forgotten as the initial showing of Railjack will reset the average player's memory. 

I remember Archwing's launch.  I remember the archwing not loading, and running through space until the lasers took me out and I failed the mission.  That half finished release quality is what you always deliver, and why I can never see the positives as better.  I know the other shoe is going to drop, and we'll get another night of feverish patching to fix issues that shouldn't have released in a good package.  It's just SOP, because apparently in a game where you dismember living things it's unacceptable to use some adult words, or the g word three letters long (how is that youtube partner whose handle violates that term of service, by the name of Rob, not banned yet?).  

Yep, this will keep Warframe going between the content patches.  I definitely feel like this is worth it when the last thing we got of real significance was disruption, and the last large content patch was the second of three orb mothers promised....which still aren't all introduced. Hey DE, you're welcome to call this toxic masculinity, haters gonna hate, or a vocal minority.  Have you ever wondered why people leave and never come back....because it's this kind of constantly half done content which makes it impossible to get new people past the star chart and explain why it's worth waiting a whole quarter between substantial content or why in hades a single frame and a couple of items warrants paying the price of a full AAA title. 

1 hour ago, AdversityB said:

Thanks, but go home already! It’s late.

they are at home already. Didnt ya know that Steve has a comfy throne, gilded with Tenno hides, on wich he sleeps and dreams about more evil and deadly foes, wich shall hunt and kill us? 😈

Archived