Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bloodrush Over-nerf

Ghosty-Jr

Just started playing on PC, and got bloodrush yesterday, and was going back and forth conpairing stats with the PS4. When I saw how much bloodrush had been nerf'd I was like "holy f*ck DE, really?!" I started to understand why when I could get my combo multiplier higher, but then it capped out at 12x @ 220 hits and was like wtf, seriously? With a weapon that had 50%CC I still wasn't able to red crits with blood rush on. While on PS4 I run around 30-40% CC and start getting red crits once the multiplier starts building. Really disilointed with the new combo system.

Then there's the whole "channeling" converted to "heavy atacks"...  Just because a lot of people don't know how to utilize channeling, doesn't mean it should me ripped and taken out from the game! I really, really, REALLY DO NOT want this update coming to console in its current state! I have been enjoying my last day's with my melee rivens with CC and channeling Damage, cause after this update the rivens get switch from channeling to the stupid "heavy attack", that already existed in the melee system as it is/was when ever you did certain combos! I know I'm probably one of the rare people who actually utilize channeling effectively at high levels. Love it for dispatch overdrive, which I could utilize on the move, now I have to break all foward movement to wind up a hit that may or may not hit an enemy... 😒  I feel the heavy attacks now are unnatural, and break the fluidity of the the melee system as it has been implemented. 

Other than the fact that I can main my melee, block, and aim glide with it during missions, I really hate the oversimplified combat system and all the nerfs trying to prevent "spin to win" with new melee update. I'm dreading the bloodrush/range/channeling nerf to my sefahn Pole arm I main on PS4. RIP 2019 😢😭 There are aspects about the update that have potential to be great, but with DE's past track record about implementing and forgetting about things, I'm not going to hold my breath. 

vor 47 Minuten schrieb (PS4)silvia95guy:

Just started playing on PC, and got bloodrush yesterday, and was going back and forth conpairing stats with the PS4. When I saw how much bloodrush had been nerf'd I was like "holy f*ck DE, really?!" I started to understand why when I could get my combo multiplier higher, but then it capped out at 12x @ 220 hits and was like wtf, seriously? With a weapon that had 50%CC I still wasn't able to red crits with blood rush on. While on PS4 I run around 30-40% CC and start getting red crits once the multiplier starts building. Really disilointed with the new combo system.

Then there's the whole "channeling" converted to "heavy atacks"...  Just because a lot of people don't know how to utilize channeling, doesn't mean it should me ripped and taken out from the game! I really, really, REALLY DO NOT want this update coming to console in its current state! I have been enjoying my last day's with my melee rivens with CC and channeling Damage, cause after this update the rivens get switch from channeling to the stupid "heavy attack", that already existed in the melee system as it is/was when ever you did certain combos! I know I'm probably one of the rare people who actually utilize channeling effectively at high levels. Love it for dispatch overdrive, which I could utilize on the move, now I have to break all foward movement to wind up a hit that may or may not hit an enemy... 😒  I feel the heavy attacks now are unnatural, and break the fluidity of the the melee system as it has been implemented. 

Other than the fact that I can main my melee, block, and aim glide with it during missions, I really hate the oversimplified combat system and all the nerfs trying to prevent "spin to win" with new melee update. I'm dreading the bloodrush/range/channeling nerf to my sefahn Pole arm I main on PS4. RIP 2019 😢😭 There are aspects about the update that have potential to be great, but with DE's past track record about implementing and forgetting about things, I'm not going to hold my breath. 

The only real nerf Blood Rush is getting is that it no longer multiplies with all other crit chance increases, be it mods, arcanes or buffs. That is a huge nerf to the people who used it like that but at the same time it was an incredibly broken mechanic that shouldn't have worked like that in the first place.

The value it provides to your base crit chance is still jsut as good as before though. At a x12 multiplier it provides +660% crit chance. Pre-patch Blood Rush provides that much at a x4 multiplier making it equally storng with a lot faster ramp in all cases but endruance runs and even there the difference isn't super ground breaking.

And for channeling. Channeling was bad. Channeling had at base 50% icnreased dmg on channeled hits. Mods multiplied with the 50%. So if you ha da lets say 200% channeling dmg riven, your channel dmg went from 150% to 250% which made it the worst mod scaling thing in the game. Additional these 250% are additive with the combo counter. So if you sit a t a x4 combo your total damage is x6.5 with channeling and x5 total without. So your 200% channeling damage are merely a 30% damage increase and you can usually get around 50% effective damage from other stats that don't make you spend energy to even get that benefit.

Channeling was utter garbage for everything but life strike and you surely didn't need a build aorund it to use life strike. That doesn't mean however that the current heavy attack system is particularly well implemented. It does a lot of damage but is incredibly ugly to use.

Edited by Raikh
  • Like 2

Yeah, I agree that channeling wasn't the best, which is why it needed an overhaul, not completely removed. I mean, I utilize the heavy attacks as they're implemented in the combos on PS4, which can make for some nice fluid heavy hits. I recognize that the heavy attacks now do quite a bit of damage. They are just ugly generic swings that break combat fluidity, that Warframe is supposedly all about fluid combat mechanics. Lastly, having a riven with CC and Chaneling damage made it viable for me to actually use utilize dispatch over drive, without sacrificing much damage, for some of my  builds, because I like to go fast! Lmao It's really easy and fun to keep up momentum and channel swipe for a quick speed boost, even if the speed of your Nezha is hovering around 3 with his 30% boost from his power. There are people I play with that do races with each other through levels, and this was my little ace in the hole to gain some more speed on the go, but it's not viable now when you have to completely stop to perform an action. Lol 

• 1 year later...

I feel that blood rush may be overpowered but it should be left as it is. Warframe is a power fantasy game and it is one of the main core aspect that many people even play it, myself included. And i agree that melee is very strong compared to gus but instead of nerfing melee they should just buff guns with scaling damage instead so people will have a reason to use guns to kill and not just to prime status effects on enemies. 

Wow, this thread aged hilariously.  I salute those few brave souls who, amidst all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, said, "Hey, you know, maybe melee and Blood Rush aren't actually made useless by this nerf."

31 minutes ago, Dhee-Rex said:

I feel that blood rush may be overpowered but it should be left as it is. . . .

Check the date, mate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dhee-Rex said:

yes i realised after posting it

Out of curiosity, how did you come to find this thread? Were you trying to follow the forum rules (e.g. like search for existing topics first?).

I think forum rules, while with good intent, actually cause the majority of post necros.

15 hours ago, Dhee-Rex said:

I feel that blood rush may be overpowered but it should be left as it is. Warframe is a power fantasy game and it is one of the main core aspect that many people even play it, myself included. And i agree that melee is very strong compared to gus but instead of nerfing melee they should just buff guns with scaling damage instead so people will have a reason to use guns to kill and not just to prime status effects on enemies. 

100%. We need to promote buffs of what is weak not nerfing!  Weapons don’t have to be equal and boring. Just buff guns! It’s really as simple as your short reply. Warframe should not be seen as a problem or problems. It’s a power fantasy game. It is a GAME. All updates should reflect this. 

Edited by George_PPS

On 2019-11-01 at 2:42 PM, Midas said:

Game is being rebalanced for future content. What will happen is our game will fall down the stairs as we grow bored of being overpowered. This new update will encourage team work to achieve greatness.

Weapon durability is finally coming. I can feel it in my bones.

storm GIF

On 2021-03-19 at 4:01 PM, Dhee-Rex said:

So you revived this thread 😛

Anyway I'm not on board with Giving guns Scaling Damage for the same reason I never liked Scaling Damage on melee weapons in the first placed....

If I go into a mission with 3 Weapons on me... I want to use them interchangeably without being punished for it...

Even with Naramon and Relentless Combination now Working I'm still not enjoying Melee as much as shooting things. 

Although... I feel like I just missed the point.... You're not talking about Making Guns fun... You're taking about making them more Effective.

Sorry.... I Didn't realise that until just now... 😮

On 2021-03-19 at 4:35 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Wow, this thread aged hilariously.  I salute those few brave souls who, amidst all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, said, "Hey, you know, maybe melee and Blood Rush aren't actually made useless by this nerf."

Happens quite a lot I just Realised... 🤔

On 2021-03-19 at 9:53 PM, Divinehero said:

so many forum necros lately

Don't worry.... I don't Zombie Thread Epidemics are not a thing.... Yet.... 😱

Edit: Remind me to check my grammar before Submitting 😐.

Edited by Lutesque