Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, the new melee system is OP

Mr.Fluffins

I mean damn, just DAMN! I have never shredded lvl 130 Corrupted grineer gunners THIS fast with formaless weapons. By god this is amazing (and probably is going to get nerfed soon).

But memeing strike and slide to win are dead, just FYI.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins
  • Like 13

I read that the Redeemer got hit as well...That was actually a good weapon for just quick pops to take out a Nox Helmet or stop a Toxic Infested before it got close enough for a nuke to the face...

Oh well..first rule of Warframe is never get attached to anything...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 5

this was the icing on the cake for people to be moving on from this game , over the pass 2 year's this game been nerfing one thing after another to the point now it's not even worth playing . you shouldn't take a break for a month and come back weak has hell then you was before this patch feels like they pushed us back years .

• Like 7

Just now, Lord_Babadook said:

this was the icing on the cake for people to be moving on from this game , over the pass 2 year's this game been nerfing one thing after another to the point now it's not even worth playing . you shouldn't take a break for a month and come back weak has hell then you was before this patch feels like they pushed us back years .

But melee is more empowering than ever. Almost every weapon/stance I tested feels good now. The only thing that took a real hit is endurance runs.

• Like 8

I agree, It’s better for me as well. I could never get a group to go more than one hour in endurance or Arby’s and I always felt most melee offerings sucked. I remember being new to the game and wondering why all the melees were crap... then I figured out the pole arms and only used them... new players are gonna have a better time with the rework. Experienced players will work out the new adjustments soon enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord_Babadook said:

Two friends were excited to join Warframe after I told them how great the game was.  Now I think I’ll just let them know what has actually been done to the game and that I am uninstalling the game and playing something else if they want to join me. I feel that I can’t take all these nerfs anymore. 

• Like 6

hace 5 minutos, Xehalin dijo:

But melee is more empowering than ever. Almost every weapon/stance I tested feels good now. The only thing that took a real hit is endurance runs.

Not exactly. Yes, the nerf hits directly the endurance runs, but thats a consequence. The real hit is the infinite scaling damage. So the enemies scale to infinite but our damage doesnt, thats why endurance runs are no longer viable as they were in the past. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I read that the Redeemer got hit as well...That was actually a good weapon for just quick pops to take out a Nox Helmet or stop a Toxic Infested before it got close enough for a nuke to the face...

From what it seems, I hopped onto PC to check out the Redeemer Prime, and it seems better from the damage increase. May be small, my riven (+CC +SC -finisher) made a HUGE difference. For the positive, that is.

I am currently testing all of my melee weapons.  I have quite a few from each category. Some of the changes I like.  

They seem to have buffed the Scoliacs base status and that was very much needed.  Also the stances all seem more fluid.

Redeemer stance needs a retooling.  Which I am sure will happen.   

The sword and shield feels really good now with the block mechanic.  

Sythes and Mios feel really good.  

I'm not sure about the rest.  But I am looking forward go even trying weapons that I hated previously.

Edited by Hexsing
  • Like 5

Weapons that I tested so far (the NO forma ones):

Mios

Caustacyst

Cassowar

Nikana Prime

Dual Ichors

Glaive Prime

Galatine Prime

Nami Skyla Prime

Venka Prime

All perform incredibly well (some a bit better than others).

Full crit based weapons do need some outside way to armor strip though, with that they are good as well. If not lazy, will post some mod set ups, but it's not like I am some sort of game guru, I am sure many people have figured out how to build them now (nothing really changed except memeing strike going into the trashcan).

Edited by Mr.Fluffins
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Not exactly. Yes, the nerf hits directly the endurance runs, but thats a consequence. The real hit is the infinite scaling damage. So the enemies scale to infinite but our damage doesnt, thats why endurance runs are no longer viable as they were in the past. 

I think that's going to get addressed next.

• Like 4

hace 5 minutos, Xehalin dijo:

I think that's going to get addressed next.

You think, ok. But thats not something to be thought, devs should be pretty clear on this topic, and talk about it explicitly. Any other form is to me a lack of transparency.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XzWasPzX said:

You think, ok. But thats not something to be thought, devs should be pretty clear on this topic, and talk about it explicitly. Any other form is to me a lack of transparency.

I thought it was pretty clear by what's been said in  devstreams. They're not happy with scaling content, damage, or armor in the current system. But I guess not, so maybe you're right. We'll have to see.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

As far as I've tested, the only real nerf it got was bullet dance no longer having a combo that lets you do nothing but shoot while rooted in the same position.

However, both stances still have combos with bursts of shots that can be chained (mainly high noon's static combo which does nothing but shoot) with the downside that they make you move. High noon's block combo can also be"canceled" by tapping the melee buton rather than mashing it and thus spamming shots.

The heavy attacks feel slower than before, so there's that too. But damage wise? It's as strong as ever if not more thanks to condition overload giving more immediate damage than it used to.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Weapons that I tested so far (the NO forma ones):

Mios

Caustacyst

Cassowar

Nikana Prime

Dual Ichors

Glaive Prime

Galatine Prime

Nami Skyla Prime

Venka Prime

All perform incredibly well (some a bit better than others).

Full crit based weapons do need some outside way to armor strip though, with that they are good as well. If not lazy, will post some mod set ups, but it's not like I am some sort of game guru, I am sure many people have figured out how to build them now (nothing really changed except memeing strike going into the trashcan).

Hmm. That's a pretty good variety of weapons that are now viable. Probably the intent of update, which seems to have been successful in this regard. Might even finally put Potatoes into my Gunsen and Destreza Prime (great looking weapons... ...not very useful pre-U26) because of this.

Eh. Never bothered with Spin2Win - sounded boring and broken and was bound to be nerfed eventually. No tear shed from me. It's also probably why we got 60-minute Survivals in Nightwave Season 1.

• Like 1

Tried using redeemer prime and it feels like trash.  It feels like I'm working ten times harder to kill groups of enemies when I could just use a gun or an ability.  Other than just playing nova with a rubico prime, I'm not sure how we are supposed to deal with disruption enemies(amalgams).  The heavy attack damage felt okay at 12x combo, but building up and maintaining the combo made me want to throw my computer out a window.

The other thing that worries me is that before the melee nerfs most things had some type of melee solution so you didn't have to build a composition or use certain frames to get things done, but now the frame usage will drastically shift and they will start nerfing frames.

Edited by Gypsy_Goat

hace 2 minutos, Gypsy_Goat dijo:

Tried using redeemer prime and it feels like trash.  It feels like I'm working ten times harder to kill groups of enemies when I could just use a gun or an ability.  Other than just playing nova with a rubico prime, I'm not sure how we are supposed to deal with disruption enemies(amalgams).

Insulting them, that demoralizes them and they return home with their mother. It just takes a bit longer, only a bit.

• Like 1

Sweet mother of pearl.

Hirudo sparring and the fist weapons feel amazing.  

I might forma the heck out of my Hirudo now.  This thing is just insane now with Grim Fury stance (I hate Brutal Tide)  I am literally kicking people into outer space.  

Freaking love crazy jump kicking flying ninja goodness.  I actually feel like a flying space ninja. 

Sorry for my enthusiasm over sparring.  But its my jam.  

• Like 5