Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecSicario

Just abit of ranting about the new mainline Update,fell free to add in more things you'd like to discuss

Okay first 
Locking Lich Assassination mods behind RNG and relics (basically more RNG)
The Lich idea is one of the best ideas DE has presented to us over the past couple of months 
Having said that ,I honestly don't understand why it had to be turned into a stressful grind ,locked behind repetitive RNG, and temporary Mod rewards
However ,for the temporary mod part I kinda understand cause Yeah I guess it'd be a Lich massacre (which would let monotony set in faster in terms of playing through this content) though did the reacquisition really have to be locked behind the relics? 
Secondly

Melee 3.0 
Well tearing through mobs with the melee weapons for the most part has been like slicing through butter with a hot knife. That having been said,this majorly applies to low to mid tier mobs (but we'll come back to this later)
Bigger concern,was the gunblade and Zenistar nerf really neccesary?
The gunblade was one of the few weapons one could rely on in terms of long endurance runs 
But now it can't even clear level 120 mobs as efficiently 
The Zenistar,I dunno mahn,if the catchmoon got nerfed then I honestly dunno what to call this
See the point of the Zenistar was the disc yeah? Cause lets be honest I don't think anyone running the Zeni used it for interactive melee game-play (I mean if you did then good for you,weird flex but ,good for you)
So bringing the zeni to a point where you have to get a combo multiplier to actually get something out of the disc kinda beats the reason it was used considering how building it for the combo multiplier would really impact the build for a disc negatively
Meme Strike(cause thats honestly what it is right now)
I don't honestly get why this was nerfed cause as DE said ,everyone has their own play-style  ,so why take away a certain play style  to implement another 
Cause even as it sits the current setup isn't that terrible (it does have its flaws but its as equally viable as Maiming Strike was)  
I haven't really done a long endurance run since the rework so I dunno if condition overload is still viable (but even through today's sortie I had to supplement my melee attacks with afew shots to kill mobs so I'm kinda worried )

Generally ,I know that DE does not have to nerf something  to bring up another class 
Why not make the class as useful as what you're nerfing ?

Endurance runs
With the numerous nerfs being dished out ,is DE trying to tell us that they don't want us having Endurance runs or what?
Cause I personally don't see the need to jump in and out of missions continuously. Its hectic and draining and I'd much rather do a continuity kinda play through that has some form of scaling difficulty ,albeit not the best but its serves its purpose seeing mobs of high level numbers die to different synergies while also fulfilling my farming purposes.

And considering a healthy player base of Warframe is endurance runners ,why  take away most of their options?
The only perspective I'm getting from this is that the less Endurance runners there are ,the more purchases made ,but in reality its gonna mean less people logging in to play the game.  

For the most part though ,the new mainline update is quite good (well more oriented to the newer players definetly considering the melee rework ,which isn't a bad thing to be honest cause more numbers means more revenue for DE ) 
Also if anyone has links to new melee weapon builds ,feel free to come through and help a brother out cause reworking that mod setup looks to be stressful af.

PS:When are we getting a conclave rework cause the current one sucks (don't @ me cause we all know conclave has alot of potential ,its the execution that was horrible)

20 minutes ago, SecSicario said:

Endurance runs
With the numerous nerfs being dished out ,is DE trying to tell us that they don't want us having Endurance runs or what?
Cause I personally don't see the need to jump in and out of missions continuously. Its hectic and draining and I'd much rather do a continuity kinda play through that has some form of scaling difficulty ,albeit not the best but its serves its purpose seeing mobs of high level numbers die to different synergies while also fulfilling my farming purposes.

And considering a healthy player base of Warframe is endurance runners ,why  take away most of their options?
The only perspective I'm getting from this is that the less Endurance runners there are ,the more purchases made ,but in reality its gonna mean less people logging in to play the game.  

The only thing they really changed was Melee and the only thing that got the ax there where things like Maiming Strike and Bloodrush? Or did I miss something?

Thing there is at least IMO Endurance runs or the capacity there in is what is killing any form of challenge in Warframe. That said I am totally sympathetic to not enjoying the loading screens, I absolutely abhor unnecessary loading screens. 

Ultimately it really boils down to having

• Warframe that is challenging
  • Warframe with endurance runs

Choose one because outside of some miracle they are mutually exclusive. 

hace 29 minutos, SecSicario dijo:

Locking Lich Assassination mods behind RNG and relics (basically more RNG)
The Lich idea is one of the best ideas DE has presented to us over the past couple of months 
Having said that ,I honestly don't understand why it had to be turned into a stressful grind ,locked behind repetitive RNG, and temporary Mod rewards
However ,for the temporary mod part I kinda understand cause Yeah I guess it'd be a Lich massacre (which would let monotony set in faster in terms of playing through this content) though did the reacquisition really have to be locked behind the relics? 
Secondly

And the mods have 3 charges. Once they wear off you can only dissolve it into endo and have to farm it again 😞

2 hours ago, SecSicario said:

Yes. Like, they have explicitly said this.

2 hours ago, SecSicario said:

And considering a healthy player base of Warframe is endurance runners

This is where you would instead point to a data source saying that X players out of the entire player base are endurance runners and that those players justify having time and energy spent on them.

53 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This is where you would instead point to a data source saying that X players out of the entire player base are endurance runners and that those players justify having time and energy spent on them.

I for one actually wanna see this data somewhere.Im one of those endurance runners for stuff like arbitrations and relics.

Ive asked DE many times on their stream but sadly my words get drowned put in "Plat" texts.

In hindsight I should be asking on forums instead...