Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DONT change the grendel missions

THE_ZEEK

I just love em!

Finally some content that makes me think about what build to bring and what damage types the weapons do that we bring.

I know people are complaining that they think it is too hard, but iits good for someone to think about their game in stead of just power up and kill anything without a blink.

This will give a better sense of achievement and for sure will bring some skill development to the players.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 15

I did the missions with a bit of planing with the clan. 

> Frost, Limbo, Hyldrin and a Nidus for both Exc and Def. Replaced Frost with Nekros on Surv. 

> Doing all 3 took us 1 hour and 20 mins. Excavation can be sped up but we where doing one at a time.

>Vacuum and precept mods worked, as well as augments.

Opinion: while we had an actual blast playing surv and exc. We DID NOT enjoy def. Any nerf I could maybe point out while its a bit fairer in comparison to the other two missions is a -5 in levels OR maybe 10 less mobs per wave?

Edited by Nezha_Rose

Managed all 3 first try with pretty bad team comps. We of course took a trinity/frost combo to the defense. But i'm convinced if we had all gone DPS frames it would've just gone by faster.

This was challenging. And my hat goes off to DE for creating a fun, not-grindy way to obtain a frame. I for one hope more avenues like this will be explored in the future.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 11

I'm eager to try them out. I want to farm more Vitus first though. Don't want my reserves to fall under 150.

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

who was talking about changing them? are you finishing some imaginary discussion?

Want me to compile a list of people complaining about this in the main update thread?

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, THE_ZEEK said:

I just love em!

Finally some content that makes me think about what build to bring and what damage types the weapons do that we bring.

I know people are complaining that they think it is too hard, but iits good for someone to think about their game in stead of just power up and kill anything without a blink.

This will give a better sense of achievement and for sure will bring some skill development to the players.

Keep up the good work!

They are definitely polarizing, glad to hear you enjoyed the preparation process and strategics. 

8 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Managed all 3 first try with pretty bad team comps. We of course took a trinity/frost combo to the defense. But i'm convinced if we had all gone DPS frames it would've just gone by faster.

We did many play-throughs internally before launch with different team comps, and Frost/Trinity to Defense (or Limbo, granted) is certainly a winning approach. 

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

who was talking about changing them? are you finishing some imaginary discussion?

Depending on where you look, some love it, some hate it. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re insane.

Nothing about those missions look remotely fun. If they don’t change the mission I’m not going to farm him and I’m not going to support DE by buying him if they just intend to do crap like this now.

The Defense one is receiving the most hate from what we're seeing, we are keeping an eye on it. 

• Like 13

vor 3 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

They are definitely polarizing, glad to hear you enjoyed the preparation process and strategics. 

We did many play-throughs internally before launch with different team comps, and Frost/Trinity to Defense (or Limbo, granted) is certainly a winning approach. 

The Defense one is receiving the most hate from what we're seeing, we are keeping an eye on it. 

I see those missions in contrast to the jack'o'naught halloween alerts:

While those halloween missions also heavily restricted us they still allowed for mods (just not health and shield) so they gave a few basically non existing mods a chance to be used.

The Grendel missions on the other hand just take away things without giving anything to work with/around. Everything is just weak and takes long. For me this the least fun i had in my entire time playing the game. A big part of what I enjoy about the game comes from the modding system. Taking that away doesnt feel good in the slightest. 

• Like 3

These missions are not funny or challenge. Pick the right squad and you can cheese them... I dont know what is fun about it.

What i hate about it though, is that i first need to grind 25/50/75 Arbitration's cred, to get the keys. That i need to do such a long and boring mission 3 times to get a warframe. 

I understand that DE is encouraging us to buy the frame with plat, so that they get some money out of it. But if this is the F2P way, then no thanks... I dont mind grinding i do it for over 5 years in warframe, but this is a bit to much of boring and long stretched content. I think it would be much better if you guys just shorten the missions.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

...or... there's the other part of it all where it was just poorly thought out.

There's nothing in the game that telegraphs to the player that their gear is going to be returned to their base stats and basic mechanics are going to be disabled. At first glance, the nodes look just like every other mission prior. It isn't like a Tactical Alert which has some unique fluff to show that it is different.

As said before, that is just bad design. These missions would have gone much differently if there were some form of prelude to inform players of what to expect; the majority of players aren't going to read the forums or watch the streams.

You did playthroughs while already knowing entirely what to expect prior to going in. You need to try and see how it would be from the perspective of those that would not. Looking at something only through the lens of a developer gives a very narrow viewpoint.

• Like 2

People just aren't used to have something hard/challenging to do, everything must be easy and require the least effort possible which I completely disagree with.

One thing I agree is that there should've been some sort of dialog or explanation before going in those missions. The rest seems pretty cool so far.

Edited by Bl4zko
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Snip

Honestly these missions feel like you're trying to troll players (wouldn't be a first for you either) or trying to push players to just say screw it and buy it with plat.

Any warning about going up against level 40+ as a bare bones player is non existent.... 

• Like 1

Warframe community is truly wondrous.  In between updates, they keep complaining about how easy the game is and there is no challange at all and then when something different and remotely challenging is added, they complain about it being too hard because they want everything to be dead in a milisecond 🙂

• Like 17

I agree that it was "fun" to have to think about how I was going to approach the problem and was satisfying to come to a good answer.

However, that does not mean that I will excuse the actual mission for not being fun. The Grendel missions take away much of the great gameplay has and makes it exhausting. I am all for a challenge of the mind, something to challenge my skills, however I am playing a game with the intention of having fun. The mission itself was not fun. I spent five minuets theory-crafting (fun) and over an hour in the mission (not fun), that is not a very good ratio of fun to not-fun.

So, OP, don't get clouded by the warm fuzzies you got for 'min-maxing' your loadout. While that was a good part of these missions it was far from the only part, we should demand good gameplay and good strategy.

In my opinion, these missions are an absolute failure to the concept of challenging content. The point of challenging content, like all video game content, is to be fun. When done right a good challenge is more rewarding than less challenging content. At the end of this I did not feel rewarded, I was just happy I would never have to do that again.

1 minute ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Warframe community is truly wondrous.  In between updates, they keep complaining about how easy the game is and there is no challange at all and then when something different and remotely challenging is added, they complain about it being too hard because they want everything to be dead in a milisecond 🙂

Almost as if the ones speaking in between updates are the bored try-hards and the ones speaking now are the ones playing the game while the try-hards are roaming the forums.

you all realize if you fail the mission you still keep your key for said mission, right?

source:

pssssht I'm too gud, I never fail missions ever... my friend told me about it... /s

I failed the hell outta that survival like 16min in. couldnt tell you the last time I failed a mission in warframe. I enjoyed it. more plz. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CoefficientOfCool said:

you all realize if you fail the mission you still keep your key for said mission, right?

That doesn’t justify this. I’d honestly rather face level 250 enemies with all mods equipped, access to operator and gear wheel. It would be almost the same experience. Except our frames would be far more suited for the task at hand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

There's a difference between a challenge and basically just removing everything we usually have access to without any notification. 

All this mission is doing is essentially restricting us to a certain set of things we can use to achieve the missions....and in most cases restricting what we are even doing in the mission too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That doesn’t justify this. I’d honestly rather face level 250 enemies with all mods equipped, access to operator and gear wheel. It would be almost the same experience. Except our frames would be far more suited for the task at hand.

No it wouldn't lol it would be easy which is exactly what you want everything to be. Which is why you don't like the Grendel missions.

• Like 4

My team and I found it that Hildryn, Nidus, Garuda and Trinity worked the best ❤️

Hildryn has no energy, Nidus can self-replenish and damage scales awesomely and Garuda can heal, replenish energy and do great damage with her 1. Trinity is there as healer and in case Nidus runs out of energy.

This setup rolfstomps the missions.

While I did find the missions a bit too long to be enjoyable, the idea of being unmodded and humbled felt refreshing.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That doesn’t justify this. I’d honestly rather face level 250 enemies with all mods equipped, access to operator and gear wheel. It would be almost the same experience. Except our frames would be far more suited for the task at hand.

Then you miss Grendel's point. Humility.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

And this is why when people say "challenge", people get paranoid that it just means talking away from the power fantasy.

Spoiler: You can have a challenging power fantasy.

This mission wasn't Warframe, and you pretending that this is so simple is a major over-simplification of the challenges that come up with creating challenging Warframe content. People for years have been saying "If you want a challenge, remove your mods" and have been shot down repeatedly for good reason, that just isn't Warframe.

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Almost as if the ones speaking in between updates are the bored try-hards and the ones speaking now are the ones playing the game while the try-hards are roaming the forums.

No, it is just people with the decent expectation that challenge in Warframe can also be fun. How absurd of an idea, that the game would not give up on one of its most core gameplay systems for a cheap "challenge".

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

BUT ITS TOO HARD!!!

-demeaning picture of a group of people this person disagrees with-

No, it is just not fun for a lot of people, regardless of the challenge. What a crazy expectation for people to have that the should have fun in a video game.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

No it wouldn't lol it would be easy which is exactly what you want everything to be. Which is why you don't like the Grendel missions.

lol, you think that everyone that disagrees just wants the game to be easy. lol

• Like 2

vor 13 Minuten schrieb _Euphoria_:

Maybe, just maybe, these are different groups of people and not the same hivemind.

• Like 3