The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DONT change the grendel missions

THE_ZEEK

I love how the missions are (first run all of them btw :D) . The quality of gameplay its intense and force us to "Teamwork" 
Finally everyone its playing with conditions: NO mods - operators - arcanes - rivens - tools 

im gonna be mad if they change this mode ): 

Edited by Nzx.Zaahir

I can't speak for everyone but the problem I have is when the only "challenge" they can come up with is taking away a majority of what makes warframe warframe. I don't think a lot of people enjoy slogging through enemies they otherwise could have wiped out if they could have used their full setup and the mods they had been building up to this point. If the only challenge you can come up with doesn't involve taking into account all the hard work you put in beforehand then really, what's the point in maxxing all these mods and putting forma in weapons in the first place?

Hmm the more I read about these the more I'm on the fence as to weather or not I should just write Grendal off like I initially did Baruuk. In the, this looks so unfunny I'm not gonna bother category. 

Then blow all the Vitus essence I've saved up on something stupid like the flubber ephemera and I dunno what else maybe some AW Rivens? 

Or if I should just bite the bullet and see if it's as bad as its shaping up to sound.

Full disclosure: protracted missions already bore the hecc out of me sooo.... protracted missions with hoops are already super not appealing 😕

You know what I find freaking hilarious? for a long time when vets complained about the lack of challenge, others told them to remove their mods and what not for the extra challenge but but got shot down by those vets cus they didn't want to do that. Yet DE does just that and suddenly those vets are perfectly fine with it? seriously?

4 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Warframe community is truly wondrous.  In between updates, they keep complaining about how easy the game is and there is no challange at all and then when something different and remotely challenging is added, they complain about it being too hard because they want everything to be dead in a milisecond 🙂

Can't we have some semblance of balance? These missions are over the top impossible with non meta gear. Challenge is fine but this is a bit much to just drop on a player with no prep

Having no mods just highlights the absurd power disparity between weapons and warframes even more. DE need to get serious about fixing balance before pulling stuff like this.

Edited by Ramflare
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That doesn’t justify this. I’d honestly rather face level 250 enemies with all mods equipped, access to operator and gear wheel. It would be almost the same experience. Except our frames would be far more suited for the task at hand.

Sees a chroma come on through with a saryn too

They all look around spread the Mimisa around

O a whoopity Do 

The percents so up high

makes the enemies go Bye

O this suits me a do

In non joking form I image that would be a joke in terms of corpus

2 minutes ago, Ramflare said:

Can't we have some semblance of balance? These missions are over the top impossible with non meta gear. Challenge is fine but this is a bit much to just drop on a player with no prep

Having no mods just highlights the absurd power disparity between weapons and warframes even more. DE need to get serious about fixing balance before pulling stuff like this.

It's not meta gear, it's the complete absence of any upgrades. They're L40 Corpus. I could handle them with a Mk1-Braton... if it had its mods equipped. I could take their fire... if I had redirection on my Frost. I could heal damage taken... if I were able to use small child mode/actually kill anything with my pathetically weak unmodded Sanctigris/equip Arcane Victory/slot in Regeneration.

Well, I had some mixed results but I can grant the following advice for those looking to solo:

• Hildryn is reliable due to the opposition being Corpus and having good shields to spam pillage against, allowing sustaining some passive damage from her 3, control from tactical usage of 4, and of course surviving. If you want an alternative to those certain start-to-finish-OP frames, look no further than the strong independent woman who don't need no energy.
  • Abuse the ever loving hell out of Heavy Slams. Your mileage may very depending on the weapon in question, but even with no combo the damage output and control was as strong as one can hope for with no mods to help. I used the Karyst, because of the free toxin - unfortunately it's not pure toxin any more or it would have been a hell of a lot better.

Bursas will be your biggest nightmare hands down, though. Armour, directional immunity and general pain-in-the-arse-itude are stronger than ever when you're cut down to bare bones.

The Excavation depends heavily on the map and layout for actually being able to complete the drills. My first run aced 4 drills but bugged out and wouldn't spawn any more after the 5th got destroyed, while my second run was an absolute mess of exploding excavators. Luckily you don't need to even have one full-completion to trigger extraction.

Defense was tough and took a good half hour, but keeping my slam-control going prevented the objective from getting overwhelmed while enemies got chip-damaged down.

Survival was easy even solo, I never left the first life support room until ready to extract using this setup.

Edited by TheLexiConArtist
  • Like 2

5 часов назад, Nezha_Rose сказал:

We DID NOT enjoy def. Any nerf I could maybe point out while its a bit fairer in comparison to the other two missions is a -5 in levels OR maybe 10 less mobs per wave?

Did it easily with just one guild mate - I was running Octavia using 1 and 4th abilities and he ran Limbo just to put me into rift (to regen energy (plus Octavia's passive) and avoid getting killed). Mallet installed near defence objective + Amp did all the job for us. Nullifiers were not a problem too (unlike when you defend it with Frost or Limbo's 4th ability)
🙂

Did the 3 yesterday with a friend and no. This is the very definition of artificial difficulty, nothing about these missions is remotely fun. They're long, tedious and boring. I REALLY hope this is not the way to acquire future frames because I don't want to do this ever again.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb THE_ZEEK:

I just love em!

Finally some content that makes me think about what build to bring and what damage types the weapons do that we bring.

I know people are complaining that they think it is too hard, but iits good for someone to think about their game in stead of just power up and kill anything without a blink.

This will give a better sense of achievement and for sure will bring some skill development to the players.

Keep up the good work!

So waht you telling here is your to lazy to unequip you mods and equip the dragon keys yourself to get that exp in any mission and therefor others that dont want that experiance have to do it like you wiht no choice you had the choice in the past to make it harder for you but guess what i see you couldnt do it because i do so mutch dmg hahaha. now the other people cant get it easy for them self just because you dont wanted to do it yourself.

well your not the only one that thinks that way i think it is just lazy to need to be forced when you could have done it already yourself
For me now i looks like the easy way will be buying the frame because your Elites wanted hard content but refused to do something to get there yourself.

it is like in other games make challenges use sertain ways to make it yourself more difficult then the DeV have layed out like useing bad weapons und in case of warframe no mods there is everytime a way to make the game harder for yourself but easyer without exploiting it of even buguseing i dont see for that mission sofar my opinion on that

vor 5 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Skaleek:

We did many play-throughs internally before launch with different team comps, and Frost/Trinity to Defense (or Limbo, granted) is certainly a winning approach. 

Well if there is footage of the plays may we can see it i would like to see some Dev / Testers play that missions?

Ok, going to post the serious answer about the hows:

Those who want to Solo them, here's how I did them (yes, I solo'd them all)

Survival:

Inaros, the reason being: Its CORPUS, if I go down, I revive myself with his passive.

Bring a Melee with good range, wack the enemies a few times and Heavy Slam. If you can blind them with Inaros' pocket sand first, do it.

Defence:

Boy, this was a test of patience. It took me 30 minutes.

I used Hildryn, so I could get rid of enemy shields and passively damage everyone around me with he 3rd power. (Be advised, you will spam Pillage a LOT)

Melee with good range and Heavy Slam when with a good combo.

Excavation:

Dude, once you realize you need 800 Cryotic and not 8 Excavations done, the game changes! Do NOT worry about the Excavators being destroyed. But if you can keep them alive for a bit longer, do it. But the moment you see it will go down, cut your losses and go to the next.

Inaros, because same as suvival: You can revive yourself wihtout wasting Revives.

Melee weapons with good range and Heavy Slam when with a good combo.

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Ok, going to post the serious answer about the hows:

Those who want to Solo them, here's how I did them (yes, I solo'd them all)

Survival:

Inaros, the reason being: Its CORPUS, if I go down, I revive myself with his passive.

Bring a Melee with good range, wack the enemies a few times and Heavy Slam. If you can blind them with Inaros' pocket sand first, do it.

Defence:

Boy, this was a test of patience. It took me 30 minutes.

I used Hildryn, so I could get rid of enemy shields and passively damage everyone around me with he 3rd power. (Be advised, you will spam Pillage a LOT)

Melee with good range and Heavy Slam when with a good combo.

Excavation:

Dude, once you realize you need 800 Cryotic and not 8 Excavations done, the game changes! Do NOT worry about the Excavators being destroyed. But if you can keep them alive for a bit longer, do it. But the moment you see it will go down, cut your losses and go to the next.

Inaros, because same as suvival: You can revive yourself wihtout wasting Revives.

Melee weapons with good range and Heavy Slam when with a good combo.

Dude that is totally the brute force approach. Im glad you were able to solo it but that must've been a painful excavation experience.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Dude that is totally the brute force approach. Im glad you were able to solo it but that must've been a painful excavation experience.

Couldnt think of anything else. I had to restart quiet a few times when I noticed "this frame wont work", I even tried Trinity, but between having to spam EV, which meant a NEEDED to waste time to kill that enemy, and Blessing a lot...

Aside from the Defence (which was 100% Brute force the mission, specially when the Bursas spawned), the rest was me testing the Melee changes.

Maybe I should have used Limbo... but I didnt trust his squishness and unability to self revive. So I found Inaros the safest approach.

• Like 2

BullS#&$ you can just decide to not bring anything and a similar feeling, if anything we should be rewarded for the less we bring not forced to bring nothing. If you enjoy it that's great for you what about the everyone that doesn't like being forced through that you basically shoot them in the foot; appeasing less people than you could have.

4 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

The survival, I'm not massively worried about. I can always pick Nidus and camp behind a doorway with a wall to my back and a fast rapier to stunlock enemies while I regrow the limbs which were shot off while running around for air. It's the defending a static object in an open field which bothers me. That's the first and only one that I've tried, resulting in absolutely zero success.

Ever thought that maybe you just need to get better at the game? No enemy level would be a challenge with all our gear and that's a fact. If you knew what you were doing you'd realise that. These are a challenge but can all be completed solo or very easily in a group.

2 hours ago, Meijin13 said:

Did it easily with just one guild mate - I was running Octavia using 1 and 4th abilities and he ran Limbo just to put me into rift (to regen energy (plus Octavia's passive) and avoid getting killed). Mallet installed near defence objective + Amp did all the job for us. Nullifiers were not a problem too (unlike when you defend it with Frost or Limbo's 4th ability)
🙂

Nice!

I mean we did it with only me falling down twice so its easy with the proper preparations. It was just soooooo sloooooooow. Like a slowva on Akklad.

8 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Tangential to this, people do realise that they do not have the new shiny right away right? They have over 40 plus warframes to collect. Not everything has to be had right this minute does it?

But but... It's shiny...

And I want it, I just don't want to put in any effort or use my brain /s

counter point:

If you find this "challenge" fun, you have the entire freaking star chart you can play under the same conditions. get some like-minded buds, or go solo, remove your mods and arcanes, toggle off your focus, and dont use your op or gear. boom, same thing, only you can choose the levels a bit more, the faction, the map, and even add dragon keys to make it even more "difficult". there you go, now stop locking the new frame behind raw, unfiltered stupidity

Edited by NightBlitz
  • Like 1