Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DONT change the grendel missions

THE_ZEEK

I'm just sitting here sad that people are sleeping on how strong Garuda also is for these missions. Just sustain and slash proc everything.

I'm putting money on DE eventually nerfing these missions because enough people whined about them on the forums. I hope DE doesn't do these types of missions often because it is indisputably lazy design (as a result of them not really caring about balance for the past decade), BUT I did enjoy doing these missions a lot. Did them all first try in a little over an hour. 20 min survival, 30 minute defense, and ~15 minute excavation. 

They definitely should have put a notice ahead of time that the mods would be turned off.

I'm more concerned that DE will take all this hate and decide that these missions were a failure, then never do anything similar again, because this was THE BEST ACQUISITION METHOD for any frame in the game sans umbra. Have a bit of lore, do a frankly minor challenge, and get the thing you set out to get. Nearly everything else in the game is locked  behind rng walls (worst offender easily being Harrow Systems), locked behind reputation walls which are annoying to grind through (why the heck is Garuda in Fortuna), or just given to you via market/clan blueprints which is ACTUALLY boring design. If DE were forcing people to buy Grendel, they wouldn't have made his drops guaranteed, they'd be rng like most other stuff.

Why aren't people this outraged about farming defection for 7 hours only to still never get Harrow Systems? What about how the Nidus quest has you go through the Glast Gambit which is frankly a watered down and boring index, then spam infested survival for X hours for all his parts? There's a ton of stuff in this game that are mind-numbingly dull and people get mad about the one thing that actually requires people to use their brain for a moment before jumping into the mission AND actively play the game during the mission!?

I don't envy DE for having grown a playerbase so large that they'll never agree on what they collectively want.

Legit though, I'll be more excited for damage 3.0 than Railjack or whatever other piece of content DE releases. There are more important problems the game has to deal with.

The only change I want is to make them solo only, because as some people here said, they are easily cheesed with a team.

The balance in them is of cource broken, but what do you want from a mission done in a way the game mechanics were never designed for? That's the point, optimize your loadout with only the most basic means given to you. In the end it was narrowed down to using Hildryn with Telos Boltace, but that was what gave me the satisfaction.

I enjoyed them more than anything in the game since Wisp's butt (for real). So please, leave them be.

6 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Eh, idk whether I would applaud difficulty engaged by throwing out my years of investment.

Now this touches on something really important too. As much as I enjoyed the missions, it really brings to light how far power creep has reached in this game. NOTHING is hard anymore... and the only way for DE to actually create a challenge is by stripping us of all our equipment

I really feel theres a deeper discussion to be had hiding underneath all the whining about how hard these missions are. We've been warning DE about the power creep for years... but I understand they made financially smart decisions. There is nobody to blame but ourselves here.

I completed all 3 and now have two people blocking me and I have no idea why.

I joined someone else key playing as limbo.  My job was to keep his 4 up for energy Regen, a small nuke, protect objective, heals, etc.  

I was doing as good as possible but so many nullifiers spawn and not being able to reduce range just made instant cancel.  At 100 energy a pop to cast with no effeciecy, I keep running out of energy.  We did have a trin but for whatever reason, I wasn't getting energy fast enough.

So dude cusses me out and causes host migration before blocking me. 

Next game had a similar thing except this time I hosted.  Had a trin leave with 9 waves to go.  Had to finish with 3 people.  That dude also blocked me.  No idea why, was my key and I was damage lead.  We were finishing things as fast as possible with slam attacks ...

Not sure if they just pissed at me and sensitive little meillinials going to thier safe space, or the rage of the sorry game design caused them to block me to prevent telling them how bad a person they were.  

Anyhow, this game mode brings out the worst in people. 

22 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

It means it was challenging. When people feel challenged they get stressed, and you see their true colors. I didnt even waste time trying to pub this I did them solo for that very reason.

On 2019-11-02 at 2:18 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That doesn’t justify this. I’d honestly rather face level 250 enemies with all mods equipped, access to operator and gear wheel. It would be almost the same experience. Except our frames would be far more suited for the task at hand.

But the mission is designed for EVERYONE to play, not just min-maxers who complain things are to hard cos they min-maxed to hell and are OP. lol

I was able to win these missions with my gf, at first we didn't understand anything and we thought it was a mistake or something like that lol. We felt like we started playing from the beginning, again, without good builds, operators or anything that gave us that easy push to win .. we tried several warframes and finally we were able to win everything with wisp and hildryn combo .. just us alone .. it was fun and challenging :)

Edited by Cirrus

2 hours ago, TheJagji said:

But the mission is designed for EVERYONE to play, not just min-maxers who complain things are to hard cos they min-maxed to hell and are OP. lol

It’s locked behind completing the star chart and a crap load of Arbitration runs. Add on top of the fact that you still need to bring the best frames and weapons for these missions. It already requires min maxing.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

9 hours ago, doominator10 said:

I'm just sitting here sad that people are sleeping on how strong Garuda also is for these missions. Just sustain and slash proc everything.

For real. With how slow paced the missions are where your primary concern is to stay alive, without any mods I'd say garuda does it the best since she's already a  fairly slow playstyle. Turns out having an infinite HP wall is incredible when even the tankiest warframe is reduced to a fraction of their survivability.

At least with the excavation and survival. I tried it with the defense and without the means to defend the pod and being surrounded from every angle it's incredibly difficult.

Edited by Annnoth

10 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

The missions were boring because you couldn't bring whatever and were forced to narrow it down to a few warframes, weapons and strategies. Honestly, a modless missions could be fun if you modify the mission and enemies to account for that, but DE just tossed modless people into a standard mission. The end result was cheesing it with Frost/Limbo and heavy slam attack spam.

Actually that's just the approach you decided to use, you weren't forced into it. There are plenty of methods that work, it's down to the individual player to find what works for them. 

I'm curious though. Those who complete these Challenge Mission for Grendel Parts, do you want to do these mission again to get Grendel Parts again? 

I just don't see the replayability value for these missions. Challenge Missions like this is fine but I think rewards should not be Warframe Parts since people would just "play it, get it and forget it". It should yield a guaranteed rewards which players continuously wanted that not been introduced in other missions (maybe like forma bundles/Umbra Forma or whatever rewards you think is the best).

4 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I completed all 3 and now have two people blocking me and I have no idea why.

I joined someone else key playing as limbo.  My job was to keep his 4 up for energy Regen, a small nuke, protect objective, heals, etc.  

I was doing as good as possible but so many nullifiers spawn and not being able to reduce range just made instant cancel.  At 100 energy a pop to cast with no effeciecy, I keep running out of energy.  We did have a trin but for whatever reason, I wasn't getting energy fast enough.

So dude cusses me out and causes host migration before blocking me. 

Next game had a similar thing except this time I hosted.  Had a trin leave with 9 waves to go.  Had to finish with 3 people.  That dude also blocked me.  No idea why, was my key and I was damage lead.  We were finishing things as fast as possible with slam attacks ...

Not sure if they just pissed at me and sensitive little meillinials going to thier safe space, or the rage of the sorry game design caused them to block me to prevent telling them how bad a person they were.  

Pretty much why I went solo when I had to work while my clan did it in groups. No way was I putting up with public for that mission lol, it was more fun solo anyway.

4 minutes ago, hviewerh said:

I'm curious though. Those who complete these Challenge Mission for Grendel Parts, do you want to do these mission again to get Grendel Parts again? 

I just don't see the replayability value for these missions. Challenge Missions like this is fine but I think rewards should not be Warframe Parts since people would just "play it, get it and forget it". It should yield a guaranteed rewards which players continuously wanted that not been introduced in other missions (maybe like forma bundles/Umbra Forma or whatever rewards you think is the best).

As I've mentioned in other parts of the thread, I enjoy doing these kinds of challenges from time to time but part of the satisfaction is the reward for doing it, just makes you feel better for finishing it. I intend to run the defense mission again to help a clan mate out but I certainly welcome any future challenges of a similar nature.

10 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s locked behind completing the star chart and a crap load of Arbitration runs. Add on top of the fact that you still need to bring the best frames and weapons for these missions. It already requires min maxing.

Why the keys them self are locked behind that, the missions are not. Once you have a key, you can bring anyone you like, no matter how far though the chart they are. As such, anyone is able to do them.

4 hours ago, TheJagji said:

Why the keys them self are locked behind that, the missions are not. Once you have a key, you can bring anyone you like, no matter how far though the chart they are. As such, anyone is able to do them.

Yeah no. Nobodies going to bring a new player to these. That’s like bringing a new player to hydron and expecting them to pull their weight.

Honestly the best fix I see for this is to just replace the keys with Grendels parts in the arbitration store and maybe increase the price to 30 Vitus.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah no. Nobodies going to bring a new player to these. That’s like bringing a new player to hydron and expecting them to pull their weight.

Honestly the best fix I see for this is to just replace the keys with Grendels parts in the arbitration store and maybe increase the price to 30 Vitus.

Brilliant, best solution to the some love it, some hate it reactions I've seen yet, give a really challenging, difficult shorter method for those that want to do it that way and a slower but easier method for those who don't.

On 2019-11-06 at 2:29 AM, AltheusV said:

Brilliant, best solution to the some love it, some hate it reactions I've seen yet, give a really challenging, difficult shorter method for those that want to do it that way and a slower but easier method for those who don't.

thats not at all what he said. He wants the keys replaced outright. lol

My 2cent some1 on this tropic write is co=op game then i ask why the hell u can play solo why game give solo mode ? hmmm. And for Grendal mission this will be to DE dev team is u can't make something fun and interesting don't boder with it , grendal mission are challenging and fun like fall from empires state building .

People praising these missions and asking for more are hilarious to me. If  you really like it that much - you can play all game like that, just remove your mods.

Do you need to be forced to do it by someone, you need to be forced to have fun? What this tells about you, I wonder :clem:

It's ridiculously lame and lazy mission design in a game based around getting and updating your gear.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, bananacat89 said:

They are the worst missions in the game(IMHO). It is not hard or challenging. It is just boring and time consuming. There is a big difference. I say change em to make em not so darned mind numbing. 

Time consuming ? Farming for Equinox is time consuming. Grendel mission are over in one hour and a half at most.