Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DONT change the grendel missions

THE_ZEEK

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

:facepalm:

yeah I don’t need this. There’s already far more people who have agreed with me on this thread than you 2. So I think my points already been made. Missions like these are not how you make fun challenging content.

Then I have a question. How would you make a challenging mission? You guys do not like the lich because he takes your stuff even though you don't technically lose anything, it just temporary not including bugs (which I mean are bugs, I don't agree with them either), you guys didn't like it when they forced you to try think outside the box and try to play with your knowledge of items like the grendel missions. what is a challenge to you guys that you guys enjoy? because that is my biggest gripe with the people who thinks these are bad ways of doing it, I don't know if there is even a mission that DE could make that would be difficult enough to be fun, with how you guys treat it. TL;DR, I don't really understand your complaining when you guys don't explain how to make it better without just simply saying, "Make it easier, allow us to solo."

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well..

You haven't offered any sort of suggestion as to how to make this content fun for you other than to

I HAVE! You just haven’t been bothered to read through this thread.

make the enemies level 200, 300,400 whatever level is required to make these missions just as difficult when we have access to our mods and stuff. Simple as that.

I hate this mission, because I have no friends playing this game and I like soloing, I can sure find ways to do this solo, but I'm not gonna waste my time on this unpleasant meatball nor am I gonna spend plat to support more things like this in the future. I'd like to ask has the devs actually tried solo this? Because it's dreadful.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

make the enemies level 200, 300,400 whatever level is required to make these missions just as difficult when we have access to our mods and stuff. Simple as that.

You just don't get it. Increasing enemy level is NOT A CHALLENGE. I have done endurance missions up to 18 hours, the game doesn't get any harder. They take longer to kill, that is all, they don't offer any extra challenge other than taking longer to die. I posted earlier in the thread about Trinity being the DPS at that level and everyone laughed which just tells me how few people know what they're doing. See I have to put up with the entire game being ridiculously easy but when 3 out of more than 200 missions require a bit effort? Suddenly you have to demand that it's nerfed. Because you don't care about the players who want a challenge, that endure how easy Warframe's content is. All that matters is that you get your way rather than letting people have 1 sliver of challenge in a game flooded with free passes.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You just don't get it. Increasing enemy level is NOT A CHALLENGE. I have done endurance missions up to 18 hours, the game doesn't get any harder. They take longer to kill, that is all, they don't offer any extra challenge other than taking longer to die.

and the enemies in the current Grendel missions also take forever to kill. So What’s The Difference? Nothing!

first off, let's keep this civilized please? I have read some of the comments and have saw those posts and just did not realize they were there.

the problem with these types of missions is, they are not creative, they have done missions in the thousands for gift of the lotus alerts, and just like level 400 missions, it is basically jot down to, how do we cheese this mission since we cannot kill the enemies. such as, Ivara stealth through like metal gear solid, all go trinity, and stuff like that and it does not end up fun because you are playing the timer, not the game. The thing is, I can understand that people have different ideas of fun, and if you told me you disliked the grendel missions, honestly I still respect your opinion, it is a different kind of difficulty that some people may not enjoy. However, how is it different from people not enjoying tedious wait the clock missions that is level 500+ missions? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy 60 minute survivals more than the next because at 60 minute survivals because the enemies are fun to fight at that point, but you see what I am saying though? shouldn't there be tougher missions in a different way than just making the enemies a higher level? what about special bosses like the lich who does exactly as they are telling you they will do, and not beat around the bush like "I want to be evil, but I will be too evil for my own good if I take the relics." or difficult missions where yea they are not high level enemies and could easily be AFK with an equinox build, but remove some tools so we would have to think about how to use the tools we do have. there was a pumpkin event where you fought like a level 500 juggernaut behemoth and you killed him by throwing pumpkins essentially, we have an orb mother where we fight her by affecting her temperature. For the difficulty you said, there was an Idea that I loved. give us an option to start the mission at a higher level, let us go to a ceres survival with level 100 base enemies as if we waited 60 minutes for difficult content. I will never say other people's ideas are not bad, as long as they give ideas of creative ways of doing it. you see my point? I am not hating on you because I think your form of difficulty is "stupid" or the "wrong way of making a hard difficulty", I am just giving suggestions to think about how exactly they could implement your form of difficulty and make it an option for people who does not enjoy as much either.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

and the enemies in the current Grendel missions also take forever to kill. So What’s The Difference? Nothing!

No they don't? Most died to 2 hits. I'm talking about when enemies have more health than the damage cap. But they still can't hurt you, these Grendel enemies can if you let them.

And if it's so easy why can't you do it?

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No they don't? Most died to 2 hits. I'm talking about when enemies have more health than the damage cap. But they still can't hurt you, these Grendel enemies can if you let them.

And if it's so easy why can't you do it?

Is your question referring to the Grendel missions or level 400 enemies?

Is your question referring to the Grendel missions or level 400 enemies?

Well both if you're mentioning it. But not level 400 that's too low. Level 1500 or so. I was really referring to the Grendel missions however.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

4 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

first off, let's keep this civilized please?

Hey, it’s not my fault you came off accusing me of not doing things when you clearly didn’t read all the things I’ve said in this thread. Also seriously shorten your posts. I’m not reading these massive walls of text when I know they just boil down to “If you don’t like it git gud”.

Hey, it’s not my fault you came off accusing me of not doing things when you clearly didn’t read all the things I’ve said in this thread. Also seriously shorten your posts. I’m not reading these massive walls of text when I know they just boil down to “If you don’t like it git gud”.

I promise you that post is not saying git gud and honestly the reason why I asked was to double check. that post I made is honestly something where if you read and don't change your mind, I'll just leave you be. and I do not mean change you mind in a sense what you want in difficulty, but in the understanding of my motives.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well both if you're mentioning it. But not level 400 that's too low. Level 1500 or so. I was really referring to the Grendel missions however.

Ok so make the missions level 2000 with everything allowed then.

I don’t want to go through 3 missions that just put me into the position of a newb getting carried to planets way out of their league and just being abandoned there for 20 minutes.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok so make the missions level 2000 with everything allowed then.

I don’t want to go through 3 missions that just put me into the position of a newb getting carried to planets way out of their league and just being abandoned there for 20 minutes.

OMG....

Do you not understand? Enemies cap at level 9999 and at that level they don't provide any harder challenge other than taking more ability casts. That is not providing a challenge. And the only reason they take longer to kill is cos the game caps you at 2.14 billion damage per hit and they have more health than that.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then I’m just never going to get Grendel then. Because I am not going to waste my time playing an unfun gamemode just to get a frame that I’m ultimately going to stop using because Gauss is Bae.

That's ok, you get to enjoy the lack of challenge in the other 99% of the game whereas I have to play it, wishing it was harder. That doesn't matter to you though right?

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

That's ok, you get to enjoy the lack of challenge in the other 99% of the game whereas I have to play it, wishing it was harder. That doesn't matter to you though right?

But if having everything stripped from you is your idea of a fun challenge you could literally play the entire game that way.

If this is DE's idea of "challange" I'll thank them to never try to add "challenging" content ever again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

But if having everything stripped from you is your idea of a fun challenge you could literally play the entire game that way.

If this is DE's idea of "challange" I'll thank them to never try to add "challenging" content ever again.

But it's not really like that and it's only for 3 missions. I did Hydrocap solo operator only for a challenge a little while ago as well. Challenging yourself like this every now and again is fun and a break from the usual game style. 

If you don't want to be challenged you can always just do it easily in a group.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

But it's not really like that and it's only for 3 missions. I did Hydrocap solo operator only for a challenge a little while ago as well. Challenging yourself like this every now and again is fun and break from the usual game style 

I don't disagree, and do it myself from time to time as it can be quite a wake up realizing just how much one relies on operator arcanes, or OP mods, etc.  Its the forced aspect I don't care for with the Gren missions... Different strokes, I guess.  Glad you enjoyed it though

Just now, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

I don't disagree, and do it myself from time to time as it can be quite a wake up realizing just how much one relies on operator arcanes, or OP mods, etc.  Its the forced aspect I don't care for with the Gren missions... Different strokes, I guess.  Glad you enjoyed it though

I feel that doing it in a group is the means to avoid the headache if you want to. A group of say EV trin, limbo/Frost, Wisp and Saryn/Revenant will utterly destroy these missions.

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I feel that doing it in a group is the means to avoid the headache if you want to. A group of say EV trin, limbo/Frost, Wisp and Saryn/Revenant will utterly destroy these missions.

Yeah, I was running it solo and it was obviously not designed to be.  Have heard people say it was fun to solo with Hildryn so I might try that if I can't find a good group in recruit

8 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Yeah, I was running it solo and it was obviously not designed to be.  Have heard people say it was fun to solo with Hildryn so I might try that if I can't find a good group in recruit

I have a clan mate who used Limbo but Wisp, Hildryn, Mirage and Revenant all work. Remember that both augment and some mods like the drift mods work. Apparently Lesion is great cos it ignores shields, though I used War. Looking at it I think the easiest method of soloing is to use Revenant and just use thrall to prevent dmg to the pod and make them shoot each other to remove shields for easy kills. Also abuse melee slam for CC.

The key is to use frames with sustainable  abilities that don't need to spam them and use up energy

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1