Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

massive FPS drop since old blood update

SnoopTrog

Before the update, I was sitting at max settings on 120fps but not I'm running around 50fps! I've cut down setting dramatically to get a decent frame rate. I've seen ta couple similar reports... thought I'd confirm with others with a similar experince? hopefully this will be looked into soon because it's a shame to play with crappy graphics just because of the update 😞

yeah I am having the same issue. I was hoping it wasn't just my card crapping out or something, but I have been testing it on other games, and it works fine. But Warframe is almost unplayable now as my FPS drops from 85 to the 50s and staggers up and down, making the game almost unplayable. It even does this on the star chart. 

I have a nvidia GTX 980ti, a intel 6600k and 16gb of ddr4 ram, and all my graphics settings remain unchanged from before the update. 

heh... now that's a common thread right there...

Note: If changing graphics quality in Warframe isn't changing its performance, then its not the game. Its your nVidia driver that's acting up due to some graphics standards (non-proprietary) that Warframe is using, and its throwing a tantrum in the process.

PS: RX560, in case you're wondering how I have the same perfomance now as I had before the update... Also, running on Linux.

Edited by Uhkretor

I noticed something simillar. I am usualy caped at 140 FPS but somehow i am at 112-113 atm.

Its not probleem with GPU (RTX 2080) since it is working only at like 40%. 

What i noticed tho is that Steam shows 113-114 FPS. Riva tuner 112-113 FPS, BUT the ingame "Show FPS " feature jumnps from 98 to 140 every half second, causing stutter.

Rest of the spec:

i7-9700K @ 5Ghz, RTX 2080, 16 GB DDR4 3000Mhz, WIN 10.

Update:

Also i noticed that when locked at 60 FPS its stay there buyt anything above jumps from X to Y every half second.

Update 2:

Problem FIXED... it seems there was problem with GPU and two monitors with different refresh rate, few restarts later its all good now.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

Hi guys,

I have i9 9900KS / nVidia 2080 TI - RTX / 32 GB DDR4 3333 Mhz / Win 10

When i enter Mods the FPS drops down to unplayable.
The first couple of seconds game is smooth, after some seconds drops to 30fps and in less than 1 min drops down to unplayable.

I have an unlisted youtube video to see

On 2019-11-03 at 9:06 AM, FlowreenSawlam said:

Hi guys,

I have i9 9900KS / nVidia 2080 TI - RTX / 32 GB DDR4 3333 Mhz / Win 10

When i enter Mods the FPS drops down to unplayable.
The first couple of seconds game is smooth, after some seconds drops to 30fps and in less than 1 min drops down to unplayable.

I have an unlisted youtube video to see

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We have been able to reproduce this in-house, and we are currently in the process of tracking down a fix.

Edited by [DE]Linkski

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue too. It happens whenever gameplay gets hectic (lots of stuff happening, lots of effects from weapons and such) which is also the worst possible time for it to happen.

Specs: Ryzen 5 2600 6-core; 16 gigs RAM; GeForce GTX 1060 6 gigs VRAM; running game at 1600x900, customized settings (high preset)

18 hours ago, Matheoryon said:

I am getting the same on Taveuni and what appears to be in question is actually gpu ulitilzation because during drops that averages around a sore 30%, which is around when this picture was taken. The dip in the usage is when I end the mission.

Warframe0665.jpgunknown.png

What software is that?

Im also having some serious issues with framerate, but only in the room where i have the most decorations.
My fps went from 144 down to ~17

So i cleared all of the decorations and started adding them one by one, to see if there were any specific ones that caused it, but it just seems like they simply require more grunt to render now?
The only thing that i can think of is that now that they now have shadows, whereas, although im not certain about this, i dont think they did before?

I'll admit though i had a LOT of noggles in this room, i basically had every noggle available + 6 eidolon articulas

Is anyone else running their fps at over 60? I have mine set to 85 but each time I start the game, it is capped at 60 again. In options it still says that it is set to 85. Fixing it requires me to change the option to 60, and then back to 85 again. After that it runs normally until I start the game next time. Whatever graphical issues I had with the old blood update were mostly gone with the dry dock update, and the game looks better than ever. But this problem is still there and I can't seem to find anyone else having the same issue. 

Since the Rising Tide update, I get horrible FPS in the arsenal, in the options menu, and when I'm editing mods. I get 60 fps in my orbiter, but when I open the arsenal, I get 40. When I go to options or mods, I get 10. Something's not right, because the options menu shouldn't be as taxing as the actual game.

Intel i7 6700HQ, Nvidia GTX 1060, 16 GB RAM

Edited by Whalekins

On 2019-11-22 at 1:18 PM, CoLDRiZeR said:

Also noted after Old Blood update that it's maxing out my cpu each time I return to Orbiter.

If task manager shows high CPU usage to Warframe.x64 then it is likely just shader load and initialize. Shader Cache should avoid the repeat of high CPU usage the next time the same area is loaded.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1088029-massive-cpu-useage/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1129068-high-cpu-usage-with-nvidia-gpu-shader-cache-randomly-stopped-working/
NVidia: Delete cache data to reset cache. C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache
AMD: Radeon settings, gaming, global or game, "Reset" "Shader Cache". Or delete DxCache data found in %LocalAppData%\AMD

8 hours ago, Temp950 said:

Is anyone else running their fps at over 60? I have mine set to 85 but each time I start the game, it is capped at 60 again.

I have had this happen to me in full screen. Warframe's refresh rate won't stick to a selected number, so with v-sync on, it will v-sync to a wrong refresh rate number.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1140209-u26-maxframerate-and-vsync-broken-details-inside/

I have 144Hz 1080p monitor, but the game frequently drops to 70-100 in multiplayer squad. On defense and interception multiplayer missions, FPS might go all the way down to about 55 fps with Nekros shadows of the dead ability 4 and some specters. GPU usage is only about 40% usage. This is likely slowed down by CPU, not pushing all CPU cores or threads to the max. My NVidia Gt 1030 will easily max out GPU to 100%, except during the times where the CPU is limited, dropping GT 1030 GPU usage down to 80%. When this happens, it appears to then have nearly the same, low FPS as AMD Rx 580.
Asus B450-F, Ryzen 2400g, AMD Rx 580, NVidia Gt 1030. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21360374

8 hours ago, sam686 said:

If task manager shows high CPU usage to Warframe.x64 then it is likely just shader load and initialize. Shader Cache should avoid the repeat of high CPU usage the next time the same area is loaded.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1088029-massive-cpu-useage/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1129068-high-cpu-usage-with-nvidia-gpu-shader-cache-randomly-stopped-working/
NVidia: Delete cache data to reset cache. C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache
AMD: Radeon settings, gaming, global or game, "Reset" "Shader Cache". Or delete DxCache data found in %LocalAppData%\AMD

Found no NV_Cache folder and with shader cache on it still uses 100%. Also thought it was the decorations inside my ship, but went to my friends Orbiter with just 4 or 5 Ayatans and it still was maxing out. Well I guess my good ol' i5 760 isn't up for the task anymore.

Removing and reinstalling the latest driver alleviated the fPS issues(along with optimizing the game after the most recent patch).

But as usual with a 4 man squad with lots of physics effects(particles, abilities, enemies etc), my fps drops to 100's. So either the game isn't well enough optimized for CPU to process that amount of information or my cpu is physically not capable. 

Eitherway those kind of FPS dips has been an issue since forever. 

I have 2060(slight OC) 7700K @ 4.9ghz. Playing on 1080p 144hz.(frame capped at 144)

Edited by White_Matter

• 2 weeks later...

After some tweaking, I managed to improve my FPS but I'm still not able prevent the graphical stuttering or frame rate drops that are consistent with this update. I honestly didn't start noticing it until very recently and realized it was consistently being experienced.