Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.3

[DE]Megan

Dear DE,

Before this update, Sigma and Octantis was capable of throwing the shield in air by simply holding down in midair with an equipped stance.

When not holding down the weapon performed normal mid air combos, which was amazing because for the first time in years of playing this game,

Sigma and Octantis, an amazingly powerful and beautiful log-in reward finally had near complete functionality in addition to it's special mechanic.

I and I'm sure many other players have waited patiently to be able to field this weapon without sacrificing any functionality. 

In closing please consider making this weapon capable of mid-air combos again along with being able to toss the shield, as it was upon initial release of this most

recent updated melee patch.

Hello DE!

Thank you for new content... but it's not what We expected another wall grind after a wall grind... do you really think players will be satiated that?

Grind wall aren't dificult or challenging... it's just a wasted of time for players... it's not fun or rewarding... please reconsider and redone this update...

this melee changes are a joke for example the twin basolk now does fisical damade in weapon that can be modded to 100% status is not good,plus condition overload nerfed to the ground,now takes to long to kill lvl 100+ enemys,im not sure but is the stealth multiplier gone?ember rework is ok,vauban is meh,grendel is a well done warframe,kuva leeches are grindy but is cool,the update is great and thank you for that but melee is almost usseless,its playable not usseless but i dont now what to say,make melee great again

The new lich system is... terrible, to say the least.

You first grind untill you find a larvling. Then you farm Kuva Siphons/Flood to get the relics (and gl with that, since sometimes even flood won't give the relic). You then farm the mods for the parazon, and gl with that, as even if you get one, it's a damn consumable. After that, you farm TONS and TONS of useless thralls, untill finally the lich shows up, but hey, you are not done yet! Because you need to try untill you get the right 3 mods in the right order! You can skip the try if you kill about a thousand thralls, named murmurs, that can tell you the combination, if you really have nothing to do on that day and can farm thralls pretending it's fun. If you don't get the combination you get mysteriously killed, after being thrown around with undodgeable WWE-locking moves, even with spellshields active like Warding Halo and Negation Swarm.

And what's worse, you get to repeat the entire process potentially forever, as this is the only way to get the new mr fodder weapons and ephemeras, which are rng generated, so you have absolutely no control over it!

Seriously, this is one of the worst things you have come up with, and i've been here long enough, so imagine how bad this system is. I'm on my way to kill my first and last lich, until the moment you realize how wrong this whole grind fiesta is and heavily de-grindify it. Don't get me wrong, i love Warframe, it's one of my favourite games. And that's probably why i'm so mad now, because this is a very poor system. I want to play the game because i like it, not because you force me into a infinite boring farm of thralls and basically doing the same exact thing over and over and over hoping to get the combination at the first try so i can go on with the next rng based try to get all the new things. 

Once more, do you lot not know how your game plays?

I hate how I can never shake this thought whenever you proudly present a larger update.

While the whole concept is neat and novel, the grind is ruthless.
Too many steps with a bunch of RNG. Takes a full day to slay a Lich. You'll get one likely sub-par gun re-skin. You've got to sink in a bunch of Forma on them to reap full mastery.

It was novel when Paracesis was introduced, but I dreaded this would happen again. Not to mention that sword was practically handed to us after a Skyrim sneaking section. I had comfort in thinking you really, REALLY wanted us to use it later on a quest or something and that's what gave it the special treatment. Now I live in fear you'll spit out a shoddy gun that is overshadowed by the other Big Berthas bestowed upon us by power creep two years ago and forcing me to spend a bunch of Forma for a meager 1,000 mastery, which of course I'm itching to acquire because I'm a damned addict.

Speak of power creep though, you know us taking on level 100s like it's no big deal doesn't translate to fighting level 40+ enemies without any mods or the kiddo for the cheese revive being a breath of fresh air.

That Grendel farm either stands proof that you don't know just how it is down here or you really want to slap us about for using mods and guns and mechanics you've given us as they were intended. I'll let you pick the lesser evil.

I can't complain about melee just yet, thought I have a bad gut feeling. My cynical radar is being disrupted by the rest of the mess like it's chaff.

The Update that Killed the Game for me.. Thousands of Hours played... Huge Amounts of Money Spend on this game...
Just to see that DE gives a F**k about the Community...
Thanks for Nerfing the last good things... i loved my Paracecis... if i stacked the Combo counter high enough i would do red crits but nah Nerfing Bloodrush so heavily that i barely get Yellow Crits... yea Funny
Nerfs, Nerfs, Nerfs the new Melee 2.0 is nice i like it but unenjoyable cuz of all the Nerfs... i'm happy all those Spin to Win Lads have to change now... but really... Nerfing everything and give us something no one asked for... Liches S**k... The Grind isnt worth the Mr points...
Yea... don't let the Community have something good better off Nerfing the Last Good things... yea... what does the Playerbase... gets the next best gun... DE Nerfs it... Playbase gets the next possible thing thats Good enough... DE LUL NERF
You get that... this Games is Build around P.V.E (<Not PvP < Pvp needs Balancing to let the Players feel they are threatend Fair = Nice) / (PvE needs Enemy Scaling balance, a Good Gun Balance and a Fair Fighting system...) All DE Does now a Days is Nerf this and Nerf that... the Last updates were filled like a cake with nerfs... the Playerbase Declines cuz they are Unhappy with the Changes... DE laughs cuz Old Blood will keep us happy.. nah sorry this will last for a Week maybe two before People start to get Bored again... it's so sad my
Catchmoon... if it is so Popular... think about why it is so popular and bring guns that counter this popularity.. Nerfing it will not help the balance it makes it worse and players like me will complain about it... you may not see it but Warframe comes closer, day by day to its end location.. and if it reached the Location... you better off having another Game at Hand... Warframe is now at its Worst State... so much Bad Changes, De does't Care anymore, Playes Leave, Partner leave... Well i think i Leave Warframe too... putting my Kavat into Stasis and come back when the game gets close enough to a Playable state... i hope DE Knows what they do.. but now they don't know what they do...
Press F for Warframe... once my most loved Game... now just a Hollow Shell of a great game... slowly Decaying

Regarding Titania

i still cannot use my Diwata, I’m stuck in Dex Pixia mode only, she won’t even bring the Diwata out! 

then in Archwing mode in Free Roam areas I cannot cancel archwing mode at all, I have to either get shot out of archwing mode or fly down into water to get out of archwing! 

13 hours ago, the_war_dreamer said:

i wanted to ask if naramon is totaly broken because the executing dash does litteraly nothing (same for inaros first ability, you can't perform finishers on blinded enemies) and seems to be the same thing for the power spike and is this also possible to remove lich being able to stole your requiem relic on kuva flood, it's pretty hard to get requiem relic and extremly frustrating to see the lich come and tell you "nope, your hard work was useless".

stealth melee button was changed. it is now "X" to do finishers.

wow do I hate this incessant grind regarding the Kuva Liches. Im just going to finish my FIRST Lich, which has taken me maybe around 7 hours to get as far as i have, whom i have still not killed yet btw so ya know, thats fun. Im just going to grind for the LAST parazon mod i need since ya know, i have 5/6 mods but of course none of those that i have even allow me to even take down his first part of the health bar. at this point im just finishing this Lich just because i dont want my entire saturday to go to waste so im going to continue so i can get my khom and probably not touch this depressingly unfun grind of Kuva Liches.

also when you guys were talking about these new bosses that are supposed to be really cool like how the nemesis system worked in other games.well the reason why it worked in those games is because there were not 5 different levels of RNG.

There is no possible way that someone thought this was ok. We also all know the only reason why these mods arent permanent is because the relics are being sold in the market and its just another cashgrab which negatively affects the game again.

thanks for the reworks tho. its pretty much the only things ive really enjoyed from this update. hopefully grendel is as fun as he looks.

oh yeah, Melee. ill give it a pass because at least its somewhat refreshing and to be fair, Melee is not finished. 

The question will likely get buried, but would it be possible to have a separate bundle for the Kuva Lich collection that doesn't have the Relics or Requiem mods? It sort of feels like cheating to just get a full set of the mods, but I do really want the armors. 

My opinion about this update has completely made an 180° turn.

Grendels is okay, i enjoyed the way on how to obtain him. Or at least I didn't dislike the challenge missions. They were something different and that was more or less nice. Except for the last few waves of defense, they can go F themselves.

I hated the melee changes at first. But now I am just not liking them very much. I really enjoy the fluid melee combo system. It brings me great joy. What doesnt bring me any joy is that it doesn't feel worth it to go full status build. Either crit or hybrid. And I am not too much of a fan of both, even less so of crit. This makes me less likely to use melee on higher level enemies (100+) because I cant seem to find a weapon that I enjoy. Out of the plethora of weapons I own, 

And contrary to my believe that I will really like the Lich system, I am starting to despise it. I was aware that the lich grind will be the most annoying part right when the update drops. Because you neither have relics, probably not many traces, nor any of the 8 mods. But I didnt expect that it becomes such a disaster.

It is an absolute horrible timesink. You need relics, you need traces, you need the luck to get the right mods from the right relics, 

And it becomes a forced time sink later on, once you have all the weapons. Which will take ages anyway because you can't influence the type of weapon the lich will bring. Or so it seems. I am a Mr 27 player. I am not really in any need of the resources and my lich was kind enough to only tax Europa, Mars and Jupiter so far. Meaningless planets to me. And besides the tax, the Lich does nothing. He can spawn in specific tax missions, where nobody will kill him because it has no benefits whatsoever. I like his comments though. Better than Nora's gibberish and a change of pace to Ordis' phrases.

But at some point, once I have all the weapons, I still have to waste my time farming for specific requiem relics, for specific mods, and waste my time to find out what the correct combination is, so the lich, which i have absolutely no need or interest anymore at that point won't tax my (possibly more important) systems, like Eris, Lua, Pluto, Plains, Vallis.

You can probably avoid creating a lich by not killing that one Kuva Larva, but this will happen accidentaly anyway.

TL;DR: Grendel good, melee is fluid but trash because status builds are irrelevant and you dont like crits. Kuva Lich farm is such a multi-layered time sink, I litterally can't even.

I actually like this update, even if it requires maybe a bit too much time to get the three requiem reaveled and some change must be done :

-melee finisher on interaction key is annoying, why not keeping it on melee attack key

-kuva lich tax shouldn't apply to requiem relic, considering they actually contain the only mod that alow us to kill them

-having a bit more of logic for kuva lich  weapons : having rad on a ash born lich got no sens, a slash weapon would be more logic

-mercy kill are nearly impossible to use on normal enemies, give them a temporary invincibility when they are down to avoid slashing accidentally when fighting many enemies 

-(this one is a bit personal and dedicated to dual toxocyst user) adding a mod to turn the dual toxocyst into an automatic weapon

How to switch to melee mode? There is nothing in regards to this in Controls rebind options. It used to be F by default, but since I rebind it to another action, I'm now at a loss. If I want to do heavy melee attack I have to do quick attack in order to switch to melee weapon and then do heavy attack. What's going on?

Also, stealth kills are broken completely. None of the silent attacks register as stealth kill, and finisher was stealthily changed to different key, "nice" work.

I have to say for melee rework update, there are fundamental things broken in it.

To add to that Kuva syphon when it starts making noise to alert about approaching kuva cloud, it does that when cloud is like a meter away from the syphon. How am I to react to this?????

Amber Star from the relic? Are you kidding me????

Oh, and last thing: this random to random to random thing is idiotic. Getting random item, from random person in random mission is waste of time. 

the amber was a convincing glanders and buffers now the slag . Vauban was now slag worse than average.
melee is dead. as well as the roller with exx and other miles the heroes are dead. grendel a piece of useless meat that can’t do anything against mini-bosses. why bother to invent heroes whose abilities don't affect anyone?!?! the game returned to the moment when the melee had a 3x counter only at 1200 hits. and only deadly secrecy was useful. which is no longer the same. parasons cannot be used in covert attacks. why then do you need it at all? !! to break the console then you could attach a wrench to your wrist. or for kuwa lychee content that everyone will pump and forget. cool update. keep up the good work and soon we won’t be able to kill the first-level bot (it will stupidly run away from the radius of the attack while we beat our MYSTERIOUS TACTICAL COMBO) translated into english using google

Archived