Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.3

[DE]Megan

vzsjPC1V5bsstHkwwOfdXGyyq10rdNuj9H_jU4t2UmAip-gEg4brB_w6koBfndZ4yGgv=s170 Hi DE, can you explain how did we get our lich ? I get this one with seer kuva while playing rubico and wolf sledge ! (and I already get seer with other weapons equiped)

moreover can you add and option for change lich like paying 10 000 kuva for our lich to leave us or something to replace it ? 

this is already very long to finish one lich (about 3h or 4h) if we have to clean all unlucky random generated lich it will take months ! thx if you read this message and it will be nice from your part to add this option.

On 2019-11-01 at 9:41 PM, [DE]Megan said:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.3

• Fixed petting Kubrow puppies causing a loss of functionality.

Wholesome 💕

NOT wholesome: I'm sick and tired of DE fixing one thing and reaking/changing perfectly fine other things in turn. I'm fed up. Really. My reaction rn seems blown out of proportion, but it started way back with "new" melee. Now we finally got our old melee back and the first thing I stumble upon is that I accidently slash my enemies from behind instead of nicely and stealhily finishing them off like I used to. After some confusion it dawned on me. DE, stealth attacks are still melee attacks and no "interaction".

That aside: Why do I have to press an additional button now? Do I have to trade in a good and perfectly working thing now for every "fix" there is to come ? Sure, this is a minor thing -a major annoyance for me- but so damn unnecessary. Just KEEP things if they are FINE and WORKING. Grraaargh!!

Can't say much in regards to Liches, since I was waiting for the first hotfixes to run through, before I even try the new stuff.

Edit: Hmm, manual block was my main gripe with new melee, so having it back feels really good. There's still something off, but I can't put my finger on it. *shrugs
Edit2: Found out what felt off... Pre first melee update ever I basically played Garuda only with her claws out, no stance ever. Her swings were lightning fast and it was utter fun slashing through infested. Now in full melee mode, her swings seems (feeling of mine. Purely subjective and an impression. After showing to my friends though, even they said something was off...)  exaggeratedly wide and slowed, even though my attack speed of 1.45 should allow faster movement. Where does the slo-mo come from? Still using same setup as ever 😞

2 hours ago, muziqaz said:

How to switch to melee mode? There is nothing in regards to this in Controls rebind options. It used to be F by default, but since I rebind it to another action,

Hold down your switch weapon key. You will get a visual and audible hint that you switched into melee mode. It is pure bliss.

it's almost impossible to farm requiem mods/relics:
the flood is bugged- no relic,
the siphon looks bugged, 10 missions and no relic,

+ when i try to farm thralls for murmurs/requiem, the lich appears, killing me (im with almost 9k health inaros) and levels up

poop table flip GIF

One thing that I can hardly understand is all those complaints about "wrong liches", "bad liches" (or liches with bad weapons) and people asking for a quick way to get rid of them or replace them. You can´t expect a long lasting content with great rewards if you can basically rush it in a week and then, guess what, come to the forums to complain about not having any content to play.

Liches were obviously designed to keep people busy. 

That being said, it´s a flawed system with a lot of RNG involved and Liches stealing high lvl rewards from sorties etc. should stop right away.

On 2019-11-01 at 4:41 PM, -AxHx-Vile said:

The Old Grind is mental.
Also seeing the required mods in the market (in an expensive bundle) feels weird.

EDIT: It's been basically the equivalent of an entire workday and 'my' Lich is still alive. I've had 2 attempts at killing him, but the world's ugliest mods were still in the wrong order. And besides that, I've killed dozens of thralls in almost every mission I entered, and he almost never spawns. After a year with such a lack of content, you give us this. This is an insult. You don't respect our time. You don't respect our support. You just want us to pay (hence the expensive bundles in the market with the mods in them) and expect us to just blindly grind forever. I shall see this Lich thing to an end, because I'm stubborn, but after that; to hell with you.
What an insulting, pathetic, absolutely terrible way to try to keep veterans busy.

f030d679823c03cfb4f160b9133bff46.jpg

EDIT 2: SEVEN HOURS. This took seven hours. No polarities, a locked Exilus slot and no potato. 

83ea3894c02020057cdec3b3e42a7990.png

EDIT 3: I don't like the way I 'left' this post, so here's some idea for improvement besides just the complaints: 

1. Decrease the amount of thrall kills needed to figure out the mods needed to kill the Lich. I think it's 150 now. Decrease to 99 (since there's 3) or even 75.

2. When you've figure out which mods you need to kill the Lich, have the order not matter. All it makes people do is abort and retry when the mods aren't in the right order, to save time.

3. When you've figured out the needed mods, let the Lich be a guaranteed spawn next time you enter a mission in his/her region.

i think the grind helps stretch out the time it takes people to complete the content, and honestly i dont think it should be able to be completed in seconds. vets and noobies alike have gotten so accustom to warframe content being blown through and thats one of the reason there is a content drought. if you like the game, take your time enjoy it. warframe finally has content again. and in my eyes taking a week or two of playing to get something feels okay with me after spending months waiting for something to do again. lol

15 minutes ago, Accaliah said:

i think the grind helps stretch out the time it takes people to complete the content, and honestly i dont think it should be able to be completed in seconds. vets and noobies alike have gotten so accustom to warframe content being blown through and thats one of the reason there is a content drought. if you like the game, take your time enjoy it. warframe finally has content again. and in my eyes taking a week or two of playing to get something feels okay with me after spending months waiting for something to do again. lol

A week of grind to get some pile of manure, and then repeat? 

No thanks.

This update literally killed Warframe for me. Mostly because of this clunky melee nonsense.

And now another "mechanic" that only works for Lichs? 

They break the things that work good and that are mostly universal in the game, and they implement lots of isolated mechanics that works for specific things, just to be forgotten once that "content" is done.

Warframe was about fluidity, speed, and killing infinite hordes of enemies. If they just went deeper polishing, and expanding all that, instead of wasting time adding a lot of worthless mechanics, Warframe would be even better that it has been.

Not saying everything else is perfect n shiny, but how else are you gonna keep a game alive over the years? You release DLCs. Those isolated mechanics are an equivalent of DLCs to me. The content everyone wants is already advertised and in the making. Can imagine more fun things than to farm traces however. Geez, if I really detest something , it is that repetetive shi...

Also, the expensive mod bundle in the market doesn't suprise me at all. I just wished the cosmetics were seperate. WF was always in my eyes about either putting in time and effort or money. Which is also fine, because I'm not forced to pay for anything here. I still do whenever I can or see something pretty.

Edit: Hacking with Paragon sometimes makes you stuck to the console. Please look into that.

I don't know if that was already asked, but with the return of the ability to equip melee weapon, could it be possible to rebind melee attack separatly from quick melee ?

Before melee rework, I had quick melee bound on "E" (like everyone else) and melee on left click, allowing me to rest my left wrist while going full melee, and that would be really usefull.

On the same topic of binding keys, could be get to bind finshers/mercy kills ? having it on "X" while you're on a rampage is not really convenient, especially when it was on "E" before.

That would be two small QoL improvement for the melee rework, making it more smooth to play.

Edit : also, it's nice to be able to switch to melee, being able to switch back to primary/secondary would be nice

I actually realy liked, that you could throw the shield with Back+Melee-Button with the Sigma&Octantis and use normal combos with the other inputs. That change in this patch made it easier to throw the shield but took options away. I wanted to continue using the aerial combos after lifting the enemies up.

catchmoon riven stats are not showing up well im guessing its 1 disposition now instead of 3 but it still shows up as 3 even tho its mathing it out to 1, i saw that bs about why your destroying the catchmoon people use it because its a good fun weapon ,

thanks for making it clear that We Should Never Like Anything That People Use Most :/

My take on update.

Melee:I think the old problem wasnt how it worked but the fact that range wasnt balanced on melee weapon. should have just changed how range work on them and buff a few weapons range. ill assume its less coding and would have been done with it ages ago.

grendel: lv 40+ mission with no mod isnt fun but ill give DE the good job on it they finally made ammo a problem. if you use a good party then sorties in pubs is harder.

Kuva weapons: they are ok i like that they have a max rank of 40. But getting them to 40 needs 5 forma with there being 13 you need a grant total of 65 forma to get all the mr that way to much. should have been 2 forma per weapon 1 giving 5 ranks its fair. i can accept it being 5 or Paracesis. since the weapon feel special but 5 on a normal mass produced weapon not so much. 

When you generate a lich and low roll on your weapons its upsetting make all the grind trying to kill it feel pointless.You clearly low rolled and you know there is way  better versions of the gun the spread should be smaller something like 30-50 (had a 25%,25,26% 53%). at the moment i can't justify spending 5 forma on a gun that i know i might get a better version of in a few liches.

The requiem mods: should have been common with how time consuming it is to get the relics if its uncommon should have had at least more than 5 charges.

the relics: i guess its ok just a pile of bugs getting them but drop rate on normal siphons is way to low considering how many you need to farm the mods but should be on if uses on mods is increased. only problem is the amber stars its 100 endo or 100-300 give or take if you put it in a ayatan should have been 2 min since you get more endo from normal mission rewards on some nodes

The liches

larva: i think their bugged in capture i cant get them to spawn had 10+ missions were the kuva guard would talk then nothing spawn wait 5+ min each time no marker would appear and i keep running around just in case marker is broken. Both times they did spawn the mission changed to a exterminate. after i changed to ext and had no such problems.

the ephemera: the generation of them is to low considering how how long it  takes to kill a lich. i killed 177 exploiter orbs to get both ephemera and only 5 dropped  on a 6% drop but at least it took me 15-30 min to kill it and not hours i would think it should be way higher on a lich considering there is 7 ephemera and time to kill one is somewhere between 2-8 hours(not including relic/mod farm).

Them stealing stuff feel more like a mechanic to force us to kill it if it steels something good.

If also started to see complains in my clan because people dont want to kill it and make it harder when it spawn while most people in my clan while farming murmurs kill it incase they get lucky. i have no idea how to fix it but if it happening in my clan it happening at other places. friction between brute force openers and non bruteforce players.

Thanks to the Kuva Lich thrall on the mission on Adaro, Sedna -- Nightwave Mission Silent Eliminator (Run Level 30 or higher Exterminate Mission) does not complete whether you kill the thrall or not.  There's a flash of red from Nightwave, but it doesn't show as completed.  

Also, the option to kill/abort the Kuva Lich Missions and not do them would be good too (just like curing Helminth Cyst in the medical bay).  I find the grind for it boring, stupid, fostering the very power creep often derided in dev-streams and seems to come off as a sadistic retribution to the complaints of time-gating you've been getting for months with the Profit Taker, as well as the Solaris United and Vox Solaris reputation grinds on the big maps of Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis.  

Not to mention, and I'll quote from my external source (which this will be filtered better than my initial impressions that I prefer to have unfiltered), "I don’t want to listen to the Kuva Lich taunting me like a 9 year old on an elementary school playground every time I go into the game. Oh this isn’t Lotus saying, “You have a new quest in your codex.” This is the sort of crap 9 year old bullies say to taunt the nerd in the class. (and yes, I was that nerd in elementary school. I’ll be damned at 55 I’m going to go back to the very crao I have been attempting to remove schooling environments while working with GLSEN."

Archived