Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.3

[DE]Megan

When I bring my Furax Wraith with corrupt charge into mission, the initial combo is set as 20.

And in simulacrum, it sets as 50,  initial combos from my riven can also function, or function as what I expect.

I just want to punch every enemy heavily with higher combo multiper, it seems like I can only do this in simulacrum though.

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

Thanks to the Kuva Lich thrall on the mission on Adaro, Sedna -- Nightwave Mission Silent Eliminator (Run Level 30 or higher Exterminate Mission) does not complete whether you kill the thrall or not.  There's a flash of red from Nightwave, but it doesn't show as completed.  

Also, the option to kill/abort the Kuva Lich Missions and not do them would be good too (just like curing Helminth Cyst in the medical bay).  I find the grind for it boring, stupid, fostering the very power creep often derided in dev-streams and seems to come off as a sadistic retribution to the complaints of time-gating you've been getting for months with the Profit Taker, as well as the Solaris United and Vox Solaris reputation grinds on the big maps of Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis.  

Not to mention, and I'll quote from my external source (which this will be filtered better than my initial impressions that I prefer to have unfiltered), "I don’t want to listen to the Kuva Lich taunting me like a 9 year old on an elementary school playground every time I go into the game. Oh this isn’t Lotus saying, “You have a new quest in your codex.” This is the sort of crap 9 year old bullies say to taunt the nerd in the class. (and yes, I was that nerd in elementary school. I’ll be damned at 55 I’m going to go back to the very crao I have been attempting to remove schooling environments while working with GLSEN."

While I don't agree with all of this, I agree on the Adaro bit.

First run I got a lich.  Killed accidentally, whatever.  Second run I avoided killing.  No dice.  Third run I went for Eris.  No silent exterminator.  Yay....another bug to add to the huge pile of annoying from this update.

In case one did not know, the finishers are still functional. Melee attack button does not share the same function with procced finishers in this update, one needs to press the interact button (x) to trigger the execution sequence on finisher opened enemies (blind etc.). For me it is a nifty tweak because I can now mash blinded enemies that are eligible to receive finisher damage which increases my dps. 

On an unrelated note. Im still very bummed that they removed the Ora Ora/Muda Muda/ Dora Dora attack on Gaia’s Tragedy. A tragedy indeed. 😞

Let's praise DE for also nerfing Iron Staff Prime's max range. Now even at 12x combo, with Primed Reach, it barely reaches 7m range. It used to be 12m.

This new Melee 3.0 update not only nerfed crit builds, slide builds but also nerfed longer range weapons too like whips. Great work.

I kinda like this update. My lich is paying me more attention than Lotus ever did. 😀 Now some words about it.

The way to get requiem mods - ok since requiem relics are not really hard to get (but honestly, with these new relics that we're gonna use consistently we need more ways to get void traces; or maybe let us upgrade them with kuva?);

The way to learn which requiem mods you need for your lich - bad, very. It's very repetitive and long.

I like new melee. Not all of its aspects of course, but I really like how you can control your combos now. Lifted status has potential but at its current state it is not very usable (for example - lifted status is expired before you can finish heavy ground slam animation).

A word about gunblades stances - let them have at least 1 combo with only shooting.

Can't say anything about Grendel because he's cooking at the moment, but those missions for his parts are pain (especially defence).

A strange thing is happening with Operator's void dash: if you hit an obstacle (e.g. - teralyst's head) - it renders you unable to use void blast until you land on something. That's a big OOF for Unairu users.

Twice in a row now the Lick stole my Requiem relic.... While i understand it might have been RNG and add to the fun (some might say), but considering how many layers of RNG is build in to the Lich system, should we at least ease off with the fact that he wouldn't touch the relic, since we need the relic to get the Requiem mod that is locked behind several layer of RNG already? (not to mention testing out the arrangement of those 3 mod also require alot of grinding and testing.......)

Also while most of the melee update been good, but you pretty much kill all the zaws..... in my opinion..... which kind of unfair since the zaw is suppose to let you create weapon thats tailor to your play style, and be a little bit, if not equally powerful?

One more thing on Melee, a pole arm is only 1m (or whatever unit the range is referring to) further than a dagger? You cant be serious? A better way to balance it would have been more DMG for dagger to make up for the shortcoming, or being shorter, instead of making them all having similar reach/range

*PS now its stealing my riven mod from sortie.......

9 hours ago, KitsaRosethorn said:

I'm a little frustrated.. all frames that should get finishers easily. (Ivara, Ecaliber etc) I tried to get the Nightwave mission completed but every single frame I've built for finishers no longer get them. 

It's because finishers use the interaction button now not the melee button. So now to play melee you went from one button for everything to three whole wonderful buttons.... In a game where u use the wasd to move. So if you don't have a gaming mouse or a controller ~~~> get used to it.

All this could be fixed with a fix to to keybindings really. Since skana+gun is never going to happen and I think they even removed glaive + gun... They might as well just let us bind melee actions to the same keys as shooting~ I haven't tried it to see if we could do this now but if we can't would be a nice lil update. Or just allow for modifier button combos like most PC games do.

On 2019-11-02 at 7:11 AM, [DE]Megan said:

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.3

As you can see by the title - this is our third Hotfix! As indicated in prior threads, we wanted to spend as much time working toward important fixes in the ‘Bug Track’  in the days following the release of Update 26. The Constructive Feedback we’ve been receiving has been extremely helpful so far for Hotfix plans next week and the following.

Also please note that we’re aware of some Melee attacks forcing you to toggle Sprint every time you Melee, as reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/dpy5vl/melee_stops_sprinting/

General Additions:

• Kuva Siphons/Floods have been added to the World State Window Alert section in Navigation for increased exposure!

Optimizations:

• Fixed a crash if you failed a Kuva Lich Requiem combination as Wukong with your Iron Staff equipped.
  • Fixed petting Kubrow puppies causing a loss of functionality.
  • Fixed a script error/loss of functionality if you scrolled your mouse too soon after opening Look Link.
  • Fixed several script errors related to Ember’s Inferno ability. 
  • Fixed a script error when viewing a Kuva Lich transmission in the Dojo.
  • Fixed a script error when choosing to Vanquish or Convert your Kuva Lich.
  • Fixed script error when selecting the W config on Wyrm’s Appearance (Wyrmius minigame).
  • Fixed a script error when casting Grendel’s Regurgitate ability.
  • Fixed a script error when casting Grendel’s Feast ability.
  • Fixed a script error when casting Vauban’s Minelayer ability. 
  • Fixed a script error when viewing the Options screen.
  • Fixed a script error when auto installing Mods on Sentinel Weapons. 

Melee Phase 2 Changes & Fixes:

• Removed the Mastery Rank 10 requirement for the MK1-Bo and restored it back to 0 (Prime rules were applying here accidentally). 
  • Archwing Melee attacks (including Titania's Razorwing) now properly home in on their targets again.
  • Sigma & Octantis and Cobra & Crane will now throw their shields again when equipped with a Stance other than the default no Stance.
  • Quickening Melee Mod now applies its Attack Speed increase correctly.
  • Zaws now block 100% damage.
  • Changed the Volnus Blocking to 100% and Parry Angle to 50.
  • Fixed Prova series, Kreska, Sheev, Machete series, Mire, Scoliac, Kama, Nami Solo, Plasma Sword and Destreza series not consuming Combo Counter on Heavy Attack. 

Changes:

• Defection nodes that are under a Kuva Lich influence will now become Exterminate nodes. This fixes an issue where Kavor Defectors could spawn as Kuva Thralls, rendering the mission impossible. 
  • The Grendel missions now display its ‘Condition’ of ‘Mods Disabled’ in the Star Chart.
  • Removed a Kuva Lich voice line that wasn’t meant to ship.
  • Lowered volume of Parazon hacking consoles. Hacking with Operator will have regular interaction sounds.
  • Increased the size of the Kuva Stragh Leg Plates on all Warframes since it was a little too small before.
  • Corrected instances of possessive contraction in localization.

Fixes:

• Potential fix for inability to Vanquish or Convert your Kuva Lich, rendering you immobile and having to shut down the game. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1137254-kuva-lich-wont-die/
  • More fixes towards Kuva Siphons and Kuva Siphon Flood missions not giving Requiem Relics.
  • Fixed a progression stop in Saya’s Vigil where the the Ostron Coffer was behind the Plains of Eidolon barrier. 
  • Fixed a long standing issue where UI might not have refreshed at the moment an Alert/Sortie/Fissure/etc mission expired if another, longer-running dynamic mission was also scheduled at that location.
  • Fixed Inaros’ Negation Swarm Augment Mod not preventing any Status Effects from applying to the player after using the Arsenal in the Simulacrum.
  • Fixed some of Grendel’s Regurgitated victims not shooting where the reticle is aimed.
  • Fixed Kuva Lich rank up screen displaying when you fail to Vanquish him and it is already at max rank.
  • Fixed the Lanka, Opticor, Helios, Convectrix & Arca Plasmor Research missing from the Energy Lab.
  • Fixed ability to double Bullet Jump.
  • Fixed missing sounds for Baruuk’s Desert Wind.
  • Fixed AI struggling to navigate properly in the Simulacrum. 
  • Fixed Titania Razorwing not showing the number of Razorflies active after returning from Operator.
  • Fixed Titania’s Dendrite Gunblade Skin missing its FX.
  • Fixed Edo Prime Armor not showing Electrical FX when your combos build up.
  • Fixed towards the Vasca Kavat’s neck textures being separate from its body. 
  • Fixed button mapping discrepancies in the Kuva Lich screen when using a controller.
  • Fixed Melee attacks losing their hit sounds when using Gauss Redline & Kinetic Plating.
  • Fixed numerous Kuva Lich tutorial screens not appearing in their correct localized language. 
  • Fixed Focused Defense Mod description being written in all caps.
  • Fixed incorrect localization text for Heavy Attacks in the Combo screen.
  • Fixed typos in the Vasca Imprint screen.

Please for the love of god, please add a lich mission node so that we can have a way to guarantee the lich spawning, the time required to get the lich to trial and error is obscene, same goes for murmurs, please get rid of requiem charges it's just a pointless addition to make us grind for them again, imagine if you lost your weapon after 3 successful missions? I got the new bundle for the cosmetics and to show my support but the value is complete bullS#&$ especially when considering the limited use of requiems and the unavailability of requiem relics

Can the top priority be a way to assign our lich to the care of the lotus or re-roll them, or have duplicate protection until we have the full set of weapons?

Why? At ~2hr gameplay per lich, assuming I’m farming most weapons for MR I’m really not interested in farming out duplicate Karaks (or any other weapon I already have initially).

And it’s going to get worse as we get more weapons. As we get towards the end the vast number of liches we get will be for weapons we have. First weapons 100% chance your lich is useful to you, after first lich kill you have  92%, chance of getting a useful lich, 2nd lich kill 84% and rapidly gets to the point where you will spend your whole time farming useless liches in the hope of getting one you want. And you know ahead of time your next 2hrs or so is consigned to a boring useless grind. And trading liches isn’t the answer. Don’t know anyone who a month from now will swap a Khom lich for a Karak one. There needs to be a way to make them to just go away or become a lich you actually want to chase.

Also the system is kinda annoying (dialog, drop stealing, people who never wanted a lich and don’t stab them etc) and once we have it farmed out it’ll be even more so. It could use a way to opt out of it totally like turning off operator dialog or explicitly doing a Kuva lich hunt quest to get a new lich rather than something you accidentally get for killing the wrong minion in a normal mission. That’d be a little moot if you could actually just abandon your current lich each time you accidentally spawned a new one but still a “get new lich” quest would also solve the current need to go in solo to missions to quickly get one without teammates killing it.

After finishing the "melee only" alerts, two things:
What the heck are mercy kills and where are we supposed to find them? I'm sure I heard the typical blep sound a UI popup does in the midst of a crazy fast hack n slay battle once, but if you expect me to slow down for some fancy moves, yer dead wrong. That would totally break my flow. I decide in split seconds where to turn and what to slay, which brings me to point two...
...block and attack out of block. In my case, with a nicely modded Paracesis. Don't get me wrong, I like the move, it looks breathtaking. Don't like how it flings me around however. There is a reason I don't equip stance mods, because they usually do exactly that. OR lock me in place.
A quick uppercut or wide slice out to the front would be all I need for an attack out of blocking. It gets worse with all the incontrollable flinging and spinning, if you really hold the block because of incoming projectiles and continue to attack because of swarming enemies. Yeah sure, usually I let go of the block button just before I attack, but I wanted to test it 😄 so here you have it tested.

P.S. Please never take manual block away again. I missed it so much. Ty

En 3/11/2019 a las 15:36, Leon-Darkheart dijo:

After playing the new update a bit and killed 2 liches, i think im right now in the mood to write a wall of text about this whole update and how broken the main part of it is, the "rival" system.

As for the other stuff around it, like the melee 2.0, grendel and the vauban/ember update, those are fine and nice but my main topic is about the said system.

Lets head back and "begin" a hunt for a lich and you see why i say that this update is "kinda" forced or "wrong endgame content".

Said here before, some of the things can be done out of order but it doesnt change the fact that you either have to do them or have to pay for some of the content.

And again, its a wall of text. i warned you but thanks if you read it. (also after reading it again, it could even be a guide...)

And imporant is: IF you read it, read it all. Dont just stop and leave a comment like "but you also can get the lich first try if youre lucky" - i know that, i wrote that down there.

1. Find a lich

First of all, you have to find and get such enemy to spawn in order to get a lich/rival. This is random and if it happens, ONLY the person who kills it gets one. Means: if you play with 4 people/random people youre pretty much #*!%ed if one of the other dudes kills it first.

I duno how the spawn-rate is but i tried to get one and had to try the same mission at least 5 times (by both of my runs) to get one said enemy to spawn. I think its also random in which missions they spawn but i duno the rules, just that i know thats random. Fact is, it should be a grineer mission.

2. Getting the relics for the parazon mods

99C1ED33965CADF774CB1FB06CA00493E239825E

To get this Relics you have to play the special Kuva missions which pretty much nearly to noone played since if you really needed Kuva most people played the Kuva survival mission and not those since you got way to less Kuva compared to the said other mission.

Playing the easier ones let you only give you a chance to get one wile if you play the one harder one, you get a relic with a 100% chance. Said here, there is only one harder one, the "Kuva Flood" one, everytime wile they are other, more smaller ones everytime such missions appier - but again, the Kuva flood has a 100% chance you get a random relic wile the other Kuva missions (i guess if i remember right?) a 30% chance.

So summing up:

You have the chance to get just 1 relic for sure. IF you get another relic out of this missions is random.

Said here again, its also random again WHICH relic you get which means if you get a relic with mods inside you might dont need, its useless for you.

3. Opening a relic for the parazon mods

270E3FCF6B8CB60D2BCB794E81D6B74D502EBDA4

After you get one (or more) relics you need, you sure have to open it. That said, its again random what you will get out of it. Which again means, it can be the mod you might need or something you dont need. So here i can also say the best is to upgrate the relic for the stuff you need but then its again random what you will get out of it, even full upgrated.

Said here, i have to add that all the missions are so far "difficult" missions or even endgame-difficult missions (aka "HARD" missions), making it not really easy or "enjoyable" to play tbh.

And important here, you need at least 3 mods for your parazon to kill your lich IF you know what that means by now...

4. Farming "whispers" or "murmurs" in english (duno but you get it)

26986800866A57C4925DD349134F8B66C1F507C4

Lets say you got now all mods you need and farmed enough relics that youre sure you might have all mods you need for your lich, you still have to know the combination of your lich to kill it.

And here i say, it begins getting tedious. In order to unlock the right mods you need to know for the combination you might need to kill your lich, you have to farm "whispers" from special enemys in, again, difficult missions. Depending which kind of mission it is, a number of random enemys will spawn which you have to kill in order to farm said "whispers". The problem here is, one of those killed enemys gives you (for real) maybe just 2-3 pixels of progess - Which means you have to kill a LOT of them just to unlock ONE of the mods combination.

I didnt count tbh but i can say i had to do like 4-7 missions (depending which) just to unlock one of the mods combination...

5. Getting to know the right combination for your parazon mods

A692C990D874DBC2BB48AA87F72880D6758E7E3E

After you farmed now all "whispers" you needed to unlock all the 3 mods you need to have and know to kill your lich, you now need to know in which order you have to place them in your parazon. This mostly ends in a game of "mastermind" ala try and error which means you have to either get the combination right in order to kill your lich, and that means you have to try it at least some time so you know (or youre a lucky guy and found the combination at the first try lols), or you fail killing it.

That, again, means your lich needs to spawn, which is again random at the times but i know, the more you "piss it off" the higher is the chance that the lich spawns which means again you have to play more missions that the spawn chance is higher but still is random if it spaws or not, if youre lucky.

I can say, sometimes my lich spawned 3 times in the row, another time it didnt spawn for the next 6 missions.

6. the outcome

After you got a rival, got relics and opend it, got the right mods and find the right combination, got your lich so far that you can finally choose to kill it or else, You also found maybe out that your Mods for the parazon have charges.

Yes, In case you might saw on the picture from me with the pointed out "JAHU" mod, it already used 1 charge. Thats means, even if you have maybe farmed that long enough that you have all mods at least ones to kill a lich, the mods will be gone ones you had to use it for a combination 3 times, ends you up with the mods gone and right back at the beginning with zero.

Sure, you might have got a lich Kuva weapon (or the lich on your side (sorry i killed my lichs i had so i duno what happens if you dont) but so far, the weapons i got are not really usuable in the endgame difficult. they are not "that bad" but, as for the effort you had to do, its just not worth it IF you think about you have maybe to start all over again if a charge of your mod is already at zero which means its gone and you need to farm the mod now again. And here said again, the reward, the weapons, are again, random. You can kill 3 lichs which have all other weapons or you can get 3 lichs which have all the same weapon with maybe just different stats.

-------

So in that conclusion, what can i tell you from that?

- First of all, you have to do a LOT missions, which are already OLD content just reused and higher difficulty, and pray that you have some luck since a lot stuff is way to RANDOM, as you might saw i pointed that out very nicely.

- You can get stuck in one progress way to long becourse of RANDOM dropchances. Which means, as sample, you might farmed a lot relics but you cant get "the one mod YOU need" out of it coz of the RANDOM dropchances pretty much just hates you.

- Even if you got to the point that far that all the RANDOM stuff happend to you and you got the stuff you need and finally killed your lich, the weapons you might got are not the best choise for the endgame difficulty you actually WENT THROUGH.

- It all feels forced and way to RANDOM and luck based, not worth at the end nor effort nor time.

- You cant even say now here "get gud" since its, for the most part, just pur, freaking, LUCK BASED.

(IMPORTANT EDIT:

- Even the reward from the Lich, the weapons, are RANDOM. Which means as sample, if you did already a lot lichs and got some weapons from the 13 new ones and the next lich you get has one weapon you might already have and the lich itself isnt the best (abilitywise), this "sustainable content" is just wasted time for you since you HAVE to kill him ANYWAYS, else you dont get a new lich nor CHANCE of a new weapon...

-Next to this, just for people who want the weapons for mastery points, you have to put at least 5 formas in the new weapon else you dont get ANY mastery points from them. Yes, you heard it right, 5 freaking formas. E-A-C-H.)

(Another edit i had to add here:

- No. Its not new content. youre just blinded to see what it really is: All old missions you just played normaly on normal difficult but now just slightly harder or mission types, like the kuva ones, noone really plays anymore. If you see something else, tell me please what you see next to the kuva missions or the mission types i or anyone else normaly did already or do in warframe

- Another thing is that the lich is able to steal your rewards after finishing a mission. ANY mission and ANY reward as you can see here from another guys post:

Sure you get it back as soon as you kill the lich but still, that is just fuqed up...)

Im serious here, i tried to enjoy it but thinking about what i went through just to kill ONE lich (and later a second JUST to be fair and try it again) to get at the end a weapon which is not a good opinion for the endgame difficutly which, at this point, i already WENT THROUGH and the fact that i HAVE to REFARM the mods ones their charges are gone is for me just forced, tedious, "NOT fun", and for FREAKING sake WAY to RANDOM, LUCK based and at the end NOT even worth the effort.

Im sorry here again for the huge wall of text but i hope you guys read that and that DE actually takes this post for real and changes something about it. I sure like a challenge but a challenge should be fair to do and master and even "fun to really work for it". The effort should be worth it and the way of the challenge not "THAT" much RANDOM.

I hope you understand and might have the same to say about this update.

Even when I agree and disagree a lot I'm dropping off this here because so much of it is true, I'm a veteran as well and the whole "lich endgame content" it doesn't feels right, the rewards for the grinning ain't worth it and the entire process is just too dull to be honest... You guys at DE are amazing but this time you hammered far away from the nail..

2 hours ago, Girus25 said:

Even when I agree and disagree a lot I'm dropping off this here because so much of it is true, I'm a veteran as well and the whole "lich endgame content" it doesn't feels right, the rewards for the grinning ain't worth it and the entire process is just too dull to be honest... You guys at DE are amazing but this time you hammered far away from the nail..

thanks for quoting me and yea, if you just look deeper into this, its just....well....my post says all.

EDIT:

im also fixing stuff mostly here and there at the main post so if you guys wanna really go on and read it, go here:

I'm really disappointed by the Kuva Lich system. After finishing three liches I can only say that it isn't fun at all and time/reward ratio seems to be completely off.

Just some of the points that I did not like:

• The amount of thralls to farm, respectively the time it takes to unlock just one requiem of the three requiems, feels way out of hand.
  • It's incredibly tedious to wait for thralls or the lich to show up over and over again in a restricted set of short(!) missions. I'd prefer to be able to progress by playing the missions I like. And come on, at least let thralls continuously spawn in endless missions.
  • You have to play solo, if you don't want to spend your time on the loading and extraction screens. With matchmaking I often spawned so late, that I only got very few thralls. And then there is the inherent design flaw that your progress may be blocked by other players, who ignore their lich, because they understandably don't want it to level up.
  • The requiem relic tier is absolutely unnecessary and feels like a chore around another chore, but without any resonable reward. And it even comes with a chance for bonus frustration, because the relic from kuva floods happens to be not quite guaranteed. Or the lich steals just the relic you were missing and you got 10 other relics in a row before...
  • I didn't do the math, but I think that the time you have to spend with this boring grind, where any progress is completely disconnected from the rest of the game, until you finally get a lich with that last weapon you need for MR is absolutely insane. And let's better not even think about farming a good bonus damage roll on a certain weapon.

Using any Nikana melee attack toggles your sprint off.

This was tested with the "Tranquil Cleave" stance.

Using any melee attack with a weapon that uses Tranquil Cleave at the very least causes your sprint to toggle off for no reason.

I've had to deal with this little bug for the past few hotfixes.

Honestly, my only real complaints regarding the liches is the unnecessary limited uses for each requiem mod and the absurd grind for murmurs. Why are there 3 charges on each requiem mod when you already have to juggle the combination until you get the right one? And why 50 thralls for EACH murmur hunt to reveal the needed mod? That's just a painful grind when you sometimes don't even find more than 1 or 2 thralls in a mission before the lich spawns.

Archived