Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.3

[DE]Megan

Thanks for Nerfing Valkyr F AGAIN.  thanks to you hysteria is completely useless and deals only fragment of Old DMG.

and In the end Thanks for mele Change i Hate it. now don't have reason to continue play.

On 2019-11-01 at 1:48 PM, fizio900 said:

Fix the stealth kills being broken, it's been more than a month already

I haven't had stealth kills be a problem for me, the only difference that has changed is that it's now the action key (normally X) that performs the stealth kill, rather than E, which puts it in line with the new secret mercy kills (which, admittedly, are very... gimmicky, hard to actually do given the enemies die too fast and are random when they can be mercied) although the button prompt is, admittedly, still E to stealth kill.

I'd like to say that after a weekend the changes have settled in and things are good.  What I can say is that after grinding through this crap I'm just not enthused by anything.

Let's start with the least annoying bits, and go to the more annoying ones.

The reworks:

1. Ember and Vauban got surprisingly similar powers....almost like they were done at the same time because of a lot of flack, but without enough care to make them unique.
  2. Vauban's rework is meh.  The Bastille/Vortex is good, but everything else still reeks of getting curb stomped by any power nullification.
  3. Ember is underwhelming, considering you've gone back to about 3 revisions ago with minor tweaks.  I'd be angrier if I liked either of these frames, but both just aren't my jam.  

Grendel:

1. Not labeling the missions as mods disabled is garbage, and the lack of an operator form is definitely not due to not having mods.  Finding this out by being dropped in is not a challenge, but a frustration.
  2. Yay, corpus.  Let's strip your mods, show you how badly our scaling works, then put you against enemies who strip what little power you can use.
  3. The power set.  This one kills me.  You can eat enemies low level, but you don't get to digest or spit until a higher level.  That means if you're low level you'd better not eat anything, or that energy bar will disappear before you can do anything.
  4. The power drain.  I've eaten two lower tier enemies (lancer and butcher), nourished one, and run out of energy before digesting the other.  Yeah it was only 300 energy, but if that's the level of drain then there's no way the eating enemies is anything more than a burden after getting the buff.

The Catchmoon:

1. You released all of the content almost a year ago.  In that time you've nerfed its rivens constantly.
  2. You released the gun almost a year ago, and despite releasing 3 more primes and a bunch of sidearms none of them matched the versatility.
  3. You released the gun almost a year ago, and despite releasing 3 more primes and a bunch of sidearms none of them matched the power.
  4. It's been a year, and you're saying the problem is that too many people are using the weapon.  It's the community's fault for this, just like the Arca Plasmor.
  5. After a year, the solution is not to decrease projectile size, spread, or some other utility.  It's to nerf the damage by decreasing the effective range.  Let's have a melee range secondary gun.  That's a fantastic idea after adding a quick melee button and making sure that the range on melee is all brought closer to a homogenous meh.

The bugs:

1. 100% relic drops aren't 100%.  You roll the dice on whether or not a rescue flood gives you what you need.
  2. Kuva lich candidates spawn constantly.  You have a lich, how about a half dozen more?  
  3. Even more random spawns around the map, as though the meshing is thoroughly broken.  Fell off the level by ancient punch, and was respawned 500+ meter back.
  4. Melee is broken.  This one bother me greatly, but we'll get there.  Let's say for now that sometimes the melee combos suddenly switch between the old and new combo system.
  5. Yay, Silent Exterminator.  And, it's bugged.  Is it the fact that you have a lich spawn, one active, or just the faction?  No idea, but I've isolated it to none of these being changed fixing it. 

The Lich system:

1. Grind.  Grind.  Grind.  Pseudo RNG and real RNG.  With more than 10 weapons this is going to be weeks of grind for a Kraken and Seer.  
  2. You get to run Kuva missions, which regularly have issues because the spawn point for clouds is so close to the siphon.  Yay.
  3. Once you get the siphon done, you've only got a 30% of a relic...if it's working.  In practice I'm about 20%.
  4. Once you get a relic it's a 2 in 8 chance you get something you want.  It's then a question of enrichment.  Grind and grind, with a potential to get a 1/3 things you need which disappear after 3 uses.  Infinite triple level grind, with an additional requirement to get void traces.
  5. Now, the gun itself is RNG, but the modifier isn't.  You sold this to us differently, but the community has figured it out.  I am not sure if the insult here is that you thought we wouldn't get it, or that the commentary that you wouldn't be able to use your favorite frame is worse.
  6. What about killing the lich?  There's 3 relics you get whittled down to.  They can be slotted in 6 different ways (3*2*1=6).  The Lich's maximum level is 5.  Hmmm.  Seems like you want us to get at least a couple levels after a huge grind.  We could just strap 3 on at random, that'd be a one in 8*7*6=336 chance that we'd get to kill the lich.  That's a 1.488% chance of killing the lich without grinding through the murmurs, which are a gigantic time sink.
  7. Now I've got the lich, and I'm grinding those murmurs.  It's a defense.  The lich spawned round 1.  I have to keep knocking it out of the fight, and killing around it to get murmurs.  What the heck, an immortal enemy that gets free shots in is fun right?  Not like Serious Sam used this scheme to make pirates not want to play the game.
  8.  We know why you're doing this.  This is a way to stretch content insanely, and it isn't fun.  I can tell you that I already see how I'm going to hate this, because you kill pacing dead.  Give us the option to turn this off.  If not, consider me out.  Having planets I don't want to play because a lich is in town isn't a way to get me to do something infinitely, and given the AI of this game having a helper is a detriment about 70% of the time (read: any spy missions or stealth).

Melee:

I'm not going to list.  This would take more pages than your patch notes, which still somehow missed so much.

I'm not married to the old system.  Balancing is would be ideal, assuming that the mastery of the system would unlock some unique or beneficial play style.  Heck, I'd even settle if the melee system was just consistently good.  It isn't.

I'd be angry about the nerfs, but the Cassowar and Lesion are still amazing.  The Atterax is less great, but not terrifyingly bad.  The slam system is just a frustrating new way to try and stop the infinitely scaling enemies from ripping through you, so you can rag doll them, so they can justify another unit that rag dolls the player.  Done.  Just done.  Dead on arrival.

I don't have a lot more to add on feedback, because you only seem to listen if there's a social media mob.  It's taken a year to go from spin-to-win, to spin-to-win and slams.  The damage being increased is an interesting move when coupled with the combo counter meaning less, but the overall feel is that you don't really understand what it takes to play the game you run.  You set out to require hundreds of hours grinding for single items, as a way to gate content.  You introduce buggy messes, so that your most dedicated players can only engage with real money.  You claim left and right that you're against predatory microtransactions, but introduce relic packs at every turn.  A relic pack that offer 1 chance at a Neo/Axi relic, randomly chosen, that will randomly offer a prime item.

Please decide.  The attempts to hide behind a single event, where you headed off a PR disaster by not allowing Kubrow furs to be bought, rings hollow when you introduce things like the liches.  I'll gladly eat my words if you can demonstrate to me that a random player, when first introduced to the game, can get from the starting mission to Lua in a month.  No wiki, no chat, and no carries.  This shouldn't be hard, but it is miserable.  It's that kind of wanting to eat the cake and also have just the eggs extracted and returned to the shells so you can have them soft boiled which makes me believe you will burn this game out before anybody can attain mastery rank 30.  At the rate we're going it'll be another 3-5 years of content, and by that time each weapon will require a blue potato, a half dozen forma, a couple of unlockable extra slots, and a special item that only has a 2% drop chance after a 30 minute onslaught of level 120 enemies, because people will always find ways to break the power curve.  

I guess I'm just sad.  Sad that this released as a mess.  Sad that I think I finally don't believe you can do better.  Sad that after another year the game is still a slog to enjoy, between the mindless grind.  Maybe next year.

Amp models are still broken. Every brace except for Clapkra is tilted clockwise noticeably, all the scaffolds are tilted by varying degrees, and all the prisms seem to be a bit too far forward. About four ago, maybe a bit longer, you said you would work on fixing rotation. Shortly after, a hotfix rotated the Fortuna amps to make them face forwards, and Fortuna scaffolds were no longer sideways, but this also broke the Cetus scaffolds as well. Since then, there have been no changes. Are there any plans to fix those?

On 2019-11-02 at 2:16 PM, Albrook said:

I'd like to start off by saying how I'm enjoying the new melee system so far. I especially like the new stances/combos and how fluid they feel. My only real problem so far is that the melee system has now been buffed so far that exalted weapons are now pointless. My normal go to melee weapon so far is 3x better than my exalted melee weapons in terms of total damage and how quickly I can kill enemies, giving me no reason to even touch my exalted weapon. The stats of my exalted weapons are now equal to or inferior in every aspect to my regular melee weapon once mods are taken into consideration. Again, I'm enjoying what the new system is offering, I just don't use my exalted weapons anymore because of it.

same. my exaclibur umbra exalted feels like a floppy baguette compared to literally any other melee weapon with a catalyst. 

I understand that DE restricts the mods accessible to exalted weapons to keep them from becoming too OP, since their base stats are higher, but at the moment I see no point in even using them anymore. What if there were mods specifically for exalted weapons that buff them back up to being better than regular weapons, but don't make them as insane as what DE seems to be trying to avoid?

Also, my gladiator mods are not giving me any set bonus at all.

Please fix the redeemer charged shot combo being double shot in air and not standing still.

The loss of functonality when entering foundry (loss 30 FPS from 60 to 30 Windows tap and back in game fixed it)

Hosting a public game where the timer starts from 10 and counts down to when mission begins and resets at 5 sec to 10 indefintely

PLZ fix galadiator sets ASAP,considering the Melee' crapy dmg comparing with the old system. We rly need this second “blood rush” to cover some losses

also looking forward to continuing changes with the melee. I dont undrstand why u guys canceld Conditon Overload's unique multipler and put it into aside with pressure point. And crit mod is nearly useless when Blood Rsh do their work better.

Hey, is there gonna be anything to do with Kuva Lich conversion? I know it's SUPER early to ask, but I converted my Kuva Lich (cause I liked him but I want his gun, the Kuva Chakhurr) and only seeing him show up for about one minute and see him do like, less than 1% enemy HP per shot is.. rather disappointing to see, considering the amount of time and grinding it took to get him, and giving up his weapon to have him as an ally that has a rather low chance to spawn.

so when we get are pause and hold combos back instead of this block combos there a pain to use idc if its just a on off switch ppl but i cant use this bs piz fix /add feature ps blocking has been a nerf  blocking in only 1 direction makes no sense when were being hit from every angle at lest give the rest of it some block as of now its more of a danger then a use

On 2019-11-03 at 9:22 AM, IamLoco said:

One thing that I can hardly understand is all those complaints about "wrong liches", "bad liches" (or liches with bad weapons) and people asking for a quick way to get rid of them or replace them. You can´t expect a long lasting content with great rewards if you can basically rush it in a week and then, guess what, come to the forums to complain about not having any content to play.

Liches were obviously designed to keep people busy. 

That being said, it´s a flawed system with a lot of RNG involved and Liches stealing high lvl rewards from sorties etc. should stop right away.

The problem is no it so much your first lich or second lich where you have zero and about 7.6% chance of a dup, its the ones after that. By the final weapon you are trying to farm each lich you spawn will give you a 7.6% chance of it being the one you want, you have to kill it for another 7.6% chance that the next one will be the one you want.

Lets say you’re really fast and each lich takes you an hour to get rid of, or you are slower and it takes you a couple of hours per lich, that whole time you know you are grinding for a weapon you already have. I agree you have long lasting “content” but it is going to just feel bad grinding out liches you don’t want. The 50th percentile point is 38 liches to get all weapons meaning half of people have at least 25 trash liches plus 13 actual liches to kill to get the 13 weapons. The unlucky 5% will have 57 trash liches to kill. And the really unlucky 1% will have 77 trash liches to kill. The really really unlucky player could have 200+ trash liches that need dispatching. That’s some “content” right there, hours and hours and hours of it and whether you get a 20hr or 2000hr grind is determined by RNG. 

So if you are that 0.002% of people  who never gets a dup, congratulations! Even if you are in the 12% of people who will get to kill less trash liches than actual new weapon bearing ones to farm out all weapons, congratulations. 

I guess the point is sooner later dupes are really going to start annoying most of the game’s playerbase.

when fishing i noticed that the spear is in the wrong hand. also when a throw is missed after the spear is recovered the game locks me in place for 3-5s before i can move or rethrow. note this is not the retrieval animation. this is literally just standing there for 3-5s while no input does anything. anyone else have this issue? 

The Kuva Lich system is a great concept and for the most part, executed well.  But there needs to be a MASSIVE boost to the amount of information you gain from each murmur.  I've killed DOZENS of his minions on over a DOZEN missions, all on Pluto, which makes it not easy to do, and I haven't even filled up the FIRST circle!!!  This is WAAAY too much of a grind for information on what order the mods need to be on my Parazon in order to kill him.  It's making it so that it's not worth it.  It would also be nice if the Kuva Lich's influence extended to more than one planet. 

The problem that drove the people to be upset with this update (The Old Blood), including myself, is the limited gameplay of the game. My fun in the game was with the scale of the melee damage that was stronger on the enemies, but unfortunately it was nerfed. That was a bad decision, so how can we stay in a match for a long time? Impossible! That is very expressive nerf. Fighting low level enemies with high damage has no logic and vice versa. I think this new melee system Is very bad and I hope that “DE” returns to the previous system (blood rush, drifting contact, maiming strike, weeping wounds). Honestly, me, my friends and many others players didn't like the nerf that the melee weapons suffered, including old players, are not interested to play anymore and are leaving the game, it got too bad. So, return to the previous system. Thanks in advance.

NOX level 1355, horde 95, 2 hours, 10 min, 54 sec... Anymore!

20191027013228_1.jpg

Archived