Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

kuva larve not spawning

thekevinater

Once again, I’m in the wrong platform thread here. But, as of this time yesterday (before noon of Nov. 26), I was in the same boat. Fortunately there is no rush. Things are not as they were during the formative (or pre-formative) phases of “live” development, when experimental types of “new content” delivery would only be around for limited durations, as “Operations” (many of which would advance the process of “world building” by introducing narrative and situational frameworks that would develop into the actual history of the system [which is something quite different from the “lore”]), “Tactical Alerts,” and “Events.”

Despite there being instance of each which have been and even still are recurrent, the nature of all of them is “time-limited.”

All too often, it seems, players become attached to certain impressions of what “content” is and is not, (resulting in practically paradoxical outcomes, whereupon “content creators,” who are “partners” of a type with the “developer,” produce “content” about there being no content, or a “content draught,” and even extend into absurdity by creating “content” in competition with one another, about who was the first to create “content” about how they reacted to the “developers” not responding to their demands for “new content,” delivered in the form of complaining about there being no “new content” ....) 

This presents as being something of a “first.” When the gap between delivery of “new content” between platforms has never been shorter, while the sheer volume of what has been delivered (both visibly and invisibly, or in terms of “playable” and “mechanics”), has never been greater. And with “The Old Blood” still being fresh, and still only in the earliest days of development, the “Rising Tide” of “Dry Dock” construction and the new “content” and “assets” for development in a more and more synchronized system of “feedback loops” has already launched into the “PC” arena.

What does all of that have to do with reporting on an obscure, but important “bug?”

Obscure, because the number of players to have encountered it is relatively very small.

Important, because player-side work-arounds are hit-and miss, with many of the relatively few who have been effected, still not able to fix the problem by doing something equivalent to fixing poor TV reception by fiddling with the antenna and slapping the top of the set with their hand a couple of times, in the days of VHF/UHF, 13 Channels and Cathode Ray Tubes.*

Since “The Old Blood” went “live” on the PS4, I had been unable to get the damned larvling spawn process to do the analogous equivalent of solidly “tuning into the right station.” The PC “bug” reports have been (and probably still are) the most up-to-date resource for gleaning a possible work-around, although about half of the suggestions for things that might work, don’t translate over to consoles well.

So “banging to top of the set” type things (i.e. optimizing the cache) aren’t an option.

That just leaves “fiddling with the antenna” - e.g. running solo & being thorough [which are just sort of “default” for me anyways, albeit maintaining “Friends Only” Matchmaking], and  changing load-out and location combinations [which was, fortunately incentivized by the GotL Alerts, but still proved fruitless].

So what actually DID IT?

Going even further yet into fiddling, by pulling a frame that had been out of circulation among the top ten that occupy [my] present number of Frame load-out slots, (not unlike old-days TV channels that only ACTUALLY delivered 10 VHF channels [with 0 and 1 not being anything, and either 2 or 3 reserved for UHF or jacking in an external signal]) and putting it back into play (having to recheck and adjust the build around changes to mods, and update the color pallet/“fashion frame” options).

Bam! That did it. Everything ran exactly as it is supposed/expected/intended to.

For me, that’s all just fine. The “content,” for me, is all that I can create from using what is provided, (and not how quickly I can consume everything that comes out for its entertainment value before I get “bored” with it).

So, while “DE” has been aware of this delay hitting some of us, and working on figuring out a preventative & cure, and players have been working on troubleshooting tricks in the meanwhile, there has been no shortage of other new and ongoing & evolving “content” to play with in the meanwhile, and as it happened, dusting off some of the older stuff and putting it into new play, was what finally got the new “The Old Blood” ‘Channel’ to finally ‘tune in.’

Game On

*(A way people learned how to “fix” their TV, initially by calling a Repair Man and seeing him do exactly that.)

On 2019-11-25 at 9:35 AM, (XB1)deadriel83 said:

Has anyone found a method for us who have this bug to work around it on console? Specific frame and planet? Tore up Cassini and Adaro for about 3-4 hours. Got several flickers no messages different frames.

To make my long post (which might have obscured the resolution) short,

I was on the verge of contributing just another “same-thing-happening-to-me” on the PS4 yesterday.

I had found this (and the smaller tributary thread) shortly after the update hit consoles, and tried all of the suggested possible workarounds (that can be done on a console), without success.

Basically the suggestions are to try changing up the frame/load-out being used, trying different nodes, and running the missions solo (which really doesn’t take more than setting matchmaking to anything but public, and not going in with a squad).

The only thing I hadn’t tried (with so much new stuff having been brought in, and what amounted to a quadruple affinity weekend being run), was put off until yesterday.

I was curious to revisit Ember Prime (which has been in my cold storage for a while now, so to speak), and so I broke up a load-out slot to bring her back in and see how she plays now ... and went to a hot node for larvling spawning to do it. The Extermination on Sedna. I did not have really high expectations, but I’ll be damned. I have been over that node, solo, at least three times since The Old Blood update (including when it was lit up for a Gift of the Lotus incentive Alert), every time using a different frame, and every time never getting beyond the initial “flash” (color/filter effect) that indicates the kick-off of a larvling spawn cycle.

But that did it. The whole process ran just as it is supposed to.

It just took more than alternating the frame being used, to pulling up a long-unused frame into play to do it.

It MAY work for you, it may not.

WHY doing that worked for me, I just don’t know.

But it’s something more worth trying (and maybe even worthwhile to the considerations of the developers to take into account while working on a “fix” from their side).

May The Void be ... (owwwww no, I’m not gonna fall into that cross-meme play ... it could have neurocarniverous ramifications).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My fellow Space Ninjas,

(PS4)xxav1xl6ivax has officially used up the remainder of DE's 2020 allotment of quotation marks.  For the remainder of the year, you are all going to have to resort to typing everything in CAPS when you are being emphatic or speaking from a point of hearsay, conjecture, or speculation.  I'm sure absolutely NONE of us will misconstrue this going ahead.  😊  You may now resume BELLOWING.