Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Continuous Weapons Are Being Left Behind?

TezeretFoxtrot

are we just going to pretend they work just fine?

how come months after release of the first continuous firing weapons (ignis and flux), fire rate mods still do not work on them? shortly after we got the spectra 'flux' pistol, and in U10 we got embolist and synapse, two more continuous firing guns

yet none of them benefits from fire rate mods.:

flux rifle, synapse, ignis

speed trigger (+60% max) and shred (+30% max) sums up to a 90% fire rate boost, twice the ammo consumption but also twice the damage per second, i wouldnt spit on that in sticky situations

spectra and embolist

gunslinger (+72% max) and lethal torrent (+60% max) get you an astounishing +132% fire rate, huge DPS boost when you really need that toxic ancient to die right there and right now

all other guns benefit from the mods, these 5 overpriced guns dont. they are all clan weapons, each costs an arm and a leg, but if you are going for max burst damage, look somewherre else

they of course have their great benefits, like ignis' and embolist's area-of-effect-like damage, guaranteed stagger on flux and almost guaranteed on spectra, synapse comes with a handy 50% crit chance. they are not trash at all, but still, an old boltor with no mods other than that +90% fire rate reaches 50% more base DPS than a flux with the same two mods equipped. boltor is mastery rank 2, mind you

BUT, is that all? i wish it was, because although a legitimate player cant boost the DPS of these guns with fire rate mods, autofire macro users can dump a clip in a fraction of the intended time, effectively getting anywhere between 200% and 500% fire rate boosts, probably even more. looks like boosting these guns rate of fire is possible after all, but has not been done in last couple months

SO... as of the initial question, are we going to let this go through like this? 5 among the most overpriced (let alone research requirements) weapons in the game? i cant believe i am the only tenno bothered by this issue

Plus, you can't look at the sides of a laser as a continuous stream.

Well that is just making it effective in game. What would you think of your weapon if all you saw was a dot on the enemy and it suddenly died? That's one of those situations where they have to make a change just for playability's sake.

erm... lets leave physics out of these forums, shall we?

its a game we are talking about, a game with space magic, zombies and survival missions on planets/moons' surfaces (during the event but still happened)

so lets take this on a purely ludic perspective

they need to be able to benefit from fire rate mods, otherwise i demand a popup message to be displayed everytime you try to equip them on such weapons, much like what happens when trying to fuse an equipped mod, "this mod will have no effect on this weapon, equip it anyway?"

Well that is just making it effective in game. What would you think of your weapon if all you saw was a dot on the enemy and it suddenly died? That's one of those situations where they have to make a change just for playability's sake.

I don't know. I would actually kind of prefer that. It would be cool.

If it fires particles then there's something to make faster. Range now makes sense, but TezeretFoxtrot's question still stands. I'm not letting this go!

Well of course, that responses was merely for the guy complaining about lasers. I agree that fire rate mods should work with them. After all, you CAN equip them.

Yeah, they could even make it look just like it looks like in real life.  Single point of light on target to begin with.  Then you pull trigger on the weapon and fire starts spreading out from the burn point.

Just consider it a high-energy particle welding-beam.

That is what the clan research basically said it is!  Maybe confinement of the beam only has certain range or micro-second duration of effect on particles?

I was against laser rifles being able to benefit from penetration mods, so who knows? They may end up allowing it.

Well, it is a laser.  That's kinda what lasers wanna do.  They don't explode.  They don't bounce off walls.  And they don't electrocute the target.

If it fires particles then there's something to make faster. Range now makes sense, but TezeretFoxtrot's question still stands. I'm not letting this go!

I agree the range is too short for a laser rifle.  Gun should have higher ammo consumption rate when it is being fired on an enemy beyond "optimal distance" to account for the weapon having to use a higher energy output on the confinement field.

erm... lets leave physics out of these forums, shall we?

its a game we are talking about, a game with space magic, zombies and survival missions on planets/moons' surfaces (during the event but still happened)

Leave physics out? OK.

I want them instead of wallrunning, flying on carpets.

Also objectives and enemies should fall up, not down.

Fire should be cold, and ice should be hot. 

I know I am being completely ludicrous,  but you can't say "leave physics out of this, its a game" and expect "only the physics I don't want" to be taken out.

Edited by Spinner187

"Why CONTINUOUS weapons" They're continuous you can't increase the rate of which they expel said matter. 

too bad an autofire macro can get you a ridiculous fire rate boost

macroing lets you empty a 100-rounds clip in 2 seconds, fire rate mods wont

Leave physics out? OK.

I want them instead of wallrunning, flying on carpets.

Also objectives and enemies should fall up, not down.

Fire should be cold, and ice should be hot. 

I know I am being completely ludicrous,  but you can't say "leave physics out of this, its a game" and expect "only the physics I don't want" to be taken out.

really? have we seriously come to this? it is not the "physics i dont want", its the "physics people know about". this game is filled with unrealistic things, yet no one complains about it because they do not know it is unphysical. incidentally, everyone knows about speed of light one way or the other, it is all over science finction, it is everywhere and everyone knows about it, so it apparently is a good argument to bring to the table when discussing about space ninjas doing magical tricks and killing zombies... yeah right

tell me more about real world physics, tell me how synapse wields a lightning arc toward an organic target several feet away instead of discharging on the nearest metal object around, tell more about all the crazy frame's powers, tell me more about glaive bouncing at improbable angles like if it had a mind on its own, tell me how stuff and tennos are not sucked out of space vessels everytime somebody shoots a window, tell me more about ignis shooting through walls, tell me about zombies (infested), tell me more about wallrunning, tell me more about tennos hiding spare ammunitions god knows where, please tell me moar about physics. i am damn theoretical physician and i know better, when i play games i want fun, not physics, i already get enough of that every other day, so please, please im begging you, lets forget about real world and lets talk about game mechanics here, shall we?

i am pretty sure anyone would rage on the forums if multishot mods were not working on projectile weapons (just a random example), multishot is also a ridiculously unphysical mechanic, like creating matter from nothing, giving it shape and momentum just as it is magically generated, yet no one complains about it.

now does multishot make much more sense than boosting the speed of a laser to you? i thought so

What do you need these waste-of-space-mods for when you can empty your continuous weapons in a second with a well placed macro.

sad indeed

shameless bump, also i would like to repeat myself:

i am pretty sure anyone would rage on the forums if multishot mods were not working on projectile weapons (just a random example), multishot is also a ridiculously unphysical mechanic, like creating matter from nothing, giving it shape and momentum just as it is magically generated, yet no one complains about it.

now does multishot make much more sense than boosting the speed of a laser to you? i thought so

+90% fire rate on a rifle is a bold +90% DPS, as simple as that, and just as useful as multishot is

That would be @(*()$ awesome actually...

shameless bump, also i would like to repeat myself:

+90% fire rate on a rifle is a bold +90% DPS, as simple as that, and just as useful as multishot is

Especially because firerate multiplies damage and doesn't just add to it like fire damage or whatever does, it's the next best mod to put on after multishot... wtf sense does multishot make on a laser anyways? Or anything? Science? Who cares? Make my flux rifle better though. It's my favorite primary and I didn't even know firerate didn't help it.

Edited by VegetableBasket

sure lets pump all the fule from an ignis clip in less then a second, maybe it wont expload in our hands and set us on fire.....

really, some weapons your only need a common sense to understand why you fire rate cant be changed, if you want you can use auto clickers for the flux rifle to empty it in less then a second, just hope you can aim.