Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any way to not do the Kuva lich event?

Kconvey

9 hours ago, 844448 said:

You only get a lich when you kill a kuva larvling so avoid killing this one unless you can't hold yourself to not be a bullet jump spamming, room clearing mass murderer maniac

wait, you guys actually look at what you shoot at?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

And this is why it's such a stupid idea, now de literally forces us to participate in their ridiculous ideas if we want to keep our loot from stuff like Sorties, floods, syndicates, heck I wouldn't be surprised if they steal from Arbitrations. I've seen screens of people losing legendary cores and rivens and S#&$ to that stupid system.

Way to go. 

Also, these "just don't play the game" responses are actually braindead. Like wtf is going on with people?

Alright, I'll give you the solution : The amount of tax they put on a planet scales with nodes under the lich's control so you can clear those nodes and avoid losing the loot too much

10 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

To avoid lich stealing your stuff choose to play a normal mission instead of the lich version (same way you choose between nightmare missions etc).

Lich stole my Requiem relic when im doing kuva mission and not Lich mission (the nodes is not his territory and yet he still stole from me)...yeah...the Lich can steal anything even if u don't select Lich mission

11 hours ago, EmberStar said:

you'll eventually get one in an Exterminate where you have no choice but to kill it. 

Why would you be forced to kill it in exterminate? There is more enemies then the required goal as there is allways like 50+ enemies over after you have to go to extraction.

6 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

Really? I was told so many times that there is a choise to do the normal version of the mission and shown screenshots of it... guess that was from the dev build or something then -.- Oh well, glad I mostly play infested survival missions anyway so no lich for me any time soon.

You can very much choose between the normal and the Lich version of the mission and the Lich version starts off with much tougher enemies. So you can play whichever at any time however regardless of the version of the mission you take or even if that specific node is directly influenced by the Lich, as long as the Lich has any influence on the planet they will steal resources from any and every mission/mission sub-type on that planet until you clear them from every single node. 

Edited by Oreades

6 minutes ago, evil-ninja said:

Q: "Is there any way to avoid this annoying stupid event?"

A: By uninstalling Warframe.

Thank you that resolved my issue but this thread was seriously hijacked

I hate to say it, but, if you don't want to be forced into even accidentally starting Kuva Lich content this is pretty much the only answer apart from never run a Grineer mission of level 20+ again during your time playing Warframe.

We have 2 choices, avoid the content limiting our gameplay choices or play something else entirely.

Question.

Would Lich content be more fun if it wasn't such a solo experience?

15 hours ago, Kconvey said:

Is there any way to avoid this annoying stupid event?

It's now a feature and you're stuck with it.

I've been successful in ignoring it so far, but that's mostly because of a lack of time and still settling in with the new melee system. 

On a more positive note, there will be adjustments to the whole thing going forward. This stuff always gets further tuned. It simply takes some time. 

Most of what I have seen and played after the update has been good I particularly like the Vasca Kavats. The melee changes are not bad but take some getting used to and button remapping for me. The kuva Liches are not for me and so far I have avoided the larvae quite successfully, Simply by keeping well away from the affected grineer.

I will just play in areas that dont have them, as I do with other parts of the game I dont find fun. Another will be Grendel as I dont do Arbitrations at all.

Thats how I am going to cope, not everyones Idea of a solution Im sure but for me it works

On 2019-11-02 at 1:28 AM, Leyvonne said:

To avoid spawning a lich don't play missions that have grineer as enemies.
To avoid lich stealing your stuff choose to play a normal mission instead of the lich version (same way you choose between nightmare missions etc).

I did regular low lvl CORPUS survival, and my stuffs got stolen as well. So not only grineer missions. -,-
I HATE THIS FARM FOREVER FOR CRAP REWARD (Kuva weps with crap random stats RNG my azz -,-)!

• Like 1

I play on PS4 and I'm not looking forward to this given the feedback I'm hearing. The Kuva Lich seems like a cool idea for those who want a new enemy to contend with, but to me seems far too complicated and more grind-y than I'd like. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't have a choice in the matter as far as DE is concerned.

On 2019-11-02 at 4:48 AM, Emolition said:

Why would you be forced to kill it in exterminate? There is more enemies then the required goal as there is allways like 50+ enemies over after you have to go to extraction.

Sorry, I meant Defense.  I know at least with the Thralls that you have to do a finisher to kill, a wave of Defense won't end if any of them are left.

14 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Sorry, I meant Defense.  I know at least with the Thralls that you have to do a finisher to kill, a wave of Defense won't end if any of them are left.

You don't need to ever interact with your lich at all. Defense will end even if it's alive and running around.

13 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

You don't need to ever interact with your lich at all. Defense will end even if it's alive and running around.

Not for the lich, the Larvaling.  The original question is if it's possible to avoid having a lich.  I only just got rid of my first one, so I have no idea whether Larvalings count as required kills in a Defense mission.  Considering how fragile they are it seems unlikely that you'd be able to avoid *making* a lich forever.  Even if you don't NEED to kill one to finish a mission type like Defense, you'll probably kill one eventually by accident.

On 2019-11-02 at 3:44 AM, Unimira said:

I have yet to see any larvalings...

They don't seem to spawn in any special missions like sorties, arbitrations, faction, fissures or kuva siphons. I'm not about to start "dry farming" nodes just to create a lich so putting the whole thing in the back burner for now, not really looking forward to the steal mechanic either.

Just fiy it only takes a mission or 2 for a larvaling to spawn so you only have to do one or 2 missions to get a lich.

I personally have been avoiding the larvaling because I don't want to mess with any of this nonsense.  There are no good rewards for all of the headache, only thing I'd get is MR XP for leveling the Kuva weapons before I delete them.

I'm wondering though, if you accidentally kill one does that status get saved instantly or on extraction.  I wonder if a simple ALT-F4 would keep you from being stuck with a Lich even if you do kill the larvaling.

Used to be my method early on for avoiding the stalker, every time he spawned I'd just force close the game to avoid him since I was low level at the time and couldn't kill him.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Neo3602:

Just fiy it only takes a mission or 2 for a larvaling to spawn so you only have to do one or 2 missions to get a lich.

Nope leveled 2 Frames, 2 Primaries, 2 Secondaries and 12 Formas into Melee Weapons so far without creating one of those 🙂

3 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Nope leveled 2 Frames, 2 Primaries, 2 Secondaries and 12 Formas into Melee Weapons so far without creating one of those 🙂

Well in my experience when running Cassini, Saturn when solo it only takes a mission or 2 for a Kuva Larvling to show up. So there might something that determines the likely hood of spawn. To be fair I only have made 3 liches so I might just be getting lucky.

27 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Not for the lich, the Larvaling.  The original question is if it's possible to avoid having a lich.  I only just got rid of my first one, so I have no idea whether Larvalings count as required kills in a Defense mission.  Considering how fragile they are it seems unlikely that you'd be able to avoid *making* a lich forever.  Even if you don't NEED to kill one to finish a mission type like Defense, you'll probably kill one eventually by accident.

Ok, that might be an issue.

Gerade eben schrieb Neo3602:

Well in my experience when running Cassini, Saturn when solo it only takes a mission or 2 for a Kuva Larvling to show up. So there might something that determines the likely hood of spawn. To be fair I only have made 3 liches so I might just be getting lucky.

Good thing for me is. I dont want one of those so I wont bother with the system at all 😄

15 minutes ago, KnightKrawlur said:

MR XP for leveling the Kuva weapons before I delete them.

The Ayanga looks like it might be fun, and maybe the Chakkhurr. Also, Karak and Quartakk are greatly fun rifles, and with Kuva upgradethey ain't bad either.

Edited by HugintheCrow