Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any way to not do the Kuva lich event?

Kconvey

Gerade eben schrieb HugintheCrow:

Did you play any normal missions? Stuff like kuva siphons, nightmare mode, etc. makes larvlings not spawn.

Quick and Dirty Hydron Leveling for testing new Mod Combinations on my Melee Weapons. Dont know if he ever spawned and got killed by anyone else. But I didnt chasing after him, because I dont care about

3 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Quick and Dirty Hydron Leveling for testing new Mod Combinations on my Melee Weapons. Dont know if he ever spawned and got killed by anyone else. But I didnt chasing after him, because I dont care about

Hmm, maybe they don't spawn in infinite missions then... You'd CERTAINLY know if one spawned, trust me.

Edited by HugintheCrow

If you spawn your Lich, you can clear all but 1 territory node and ignore him as long as you don't poke him with your Parazon. He will still exist and taunt you but if the one node left is something that's really far off, like a Dark Sector Defense, the likelihood of it ever affecting you is next to nothing.

On 2019-11-02 at 1:28 AM, Leyvonne said:

To avoid spawning a lich don't play missions that have grineer as enemies.
To avoid lich stealing your stuff choose to play a normal mission instead of the lich version (same way you choose between nightmare missions etc).

This is not true.

I had a sortie riven stolen from me yesterday and guess what. It was a Sortie mission, not the "lich mode".

It only happened to be in an area that the lich controlled. And this is f+++ed up.

10 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Just fiy it only takes a mission or 2 for a larvaling to spawn so you only have to do one or 2 missions to get a lich.

Indeed. I was lucky enough to notice a kuva guardian saying something while trying to level my gear on Saturn and managed to abort the mission before it spawned in (sorry for the host migration). So far, I've managed to avoid larvalings by only doing sorties and the occasional kuva flood (my rivens hunger for more). If I need to level gear, well, I suppose it's back to Eris for the dark sector defence. Much slower, but no risk of getting infected with bullS#&$.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

To be fair I only have made 3 liches so I might just be getting lucky.

ONLY 3 liches? I'm still at my first one. It takes a hell of a time to unlock the right mods and to get enough murmurs.

And I can manage these missions pretty good, I'm not struggling.

It's an insane grind to get weapons that are slightly better than the regular versions.

Tell me, did you play any other non-Lich related mission? Still have time for that?

Edited by Aazhyd

14 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

ONLY 3 liches? I'm still at my first one. It takes a hell of a time to unlock the right mods and to get enough murmurs.

And I can manage these missions pretty good, I'm not struggling.

It's an insane grind to get weapons that are slightly better than the regular versions.

Tell me, did you play any other non-Lich related mission? Still have time for that?

No I havn't done any not lich related mission assuming you count the capture missions on Cassini that I did that did not spawn a kuva larvling. Also to be fair I had the day off on Saturday and spent most of the day getting the rest of the requiem mods and then making a couple liches and killing them. 

It takes me about 2 hours or so of straight play to get enough murmurs. Something that does help is that when a lich spawns in a mission I'm pretty sure it increases the spawn rate of thralls for a bit which helps things go a bit faster.

I do wish the number of thralls needed was lowered or there was something we could do to get more murmurs.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Erubian_Warlord said:

at the very least for god's sake don't make the Requiem mods deplete

that is the dumbest thing after the litches themselves

Honestly the grind for the Requium mods wasn't even "that bad"..... on it's own..... it's when you start tossing the other layers of RNG into the mix that hings start getting overboard.

On 2019-11-02 at 4:39 AM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

And this is why it's such a stupid idea, now de literally forces us to participate in their ridiculous ideas if we want to keep our loot from stuff like Sorties, floods, syndicates, heck I wouldn't be surprised if they steal from Arbitrations. I've seen screens of people losing legendary cores and rivens and S#&$ to that stupid system.

Way to go. 

Also, these "just don't play the game" responses are actually braindead. Like wtf is going on with people?

Well what else are they supposed to do, complaining at the community isn't gonna change it, and not enough people are bringing it up to DE that they don't like what the system is or has become. DE will oce again "Put itnon the backburner" and we aren't gonna hear a thing from them for a while. Generally, this is the system that needs the most work, but not enough is being done, there is not enough of a voice because of how divided this community is,  and criticism is being ignored more often than not.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

On 2019-11-02 at 1:22 AM, Kconvey said:

Is there any way to avoid this annoying stupid event?

According to one of the latest hotfixes, you have to use your Parazon on the larvling to create a lich.

I haven't bothered with creating liches yet, just farming requiem relics until I got 3 of each mod, and can do things in a leisurely fashion. I also do not intend to try kill the lich until I have all murmurs. The whole auto-defeat mechanic is counter-intuitive to initiate willingly, and is a perversion of the Skinner-box principle.

This is something I'm going to bother with minimally, with "bother" being the operative word here.

On 2019-11-03 at 2:47 PM, KnightKrawlur said:

I personally have been avoiding the larvaling because I don't want to mess with any of this nonsense.  There are no good rewards for all of the headache, only thing I'd get is MR XP for leveling the Kuva weapons before I delete them.

I'm wondering though, if you accidentally kill one does that status get saved instantly or on extraction.  I wonder if a simple ALT-F4 would keep you from being stuck with a Lich even if you do kill the larvaling.

Used to be my method early on for avoiding the stalker, every time he spawned I'd just force close the game to avoid him since I was low level at the time and couldn't kill him.

Can anyone answer this ^^^^^^^^^^^

I just started playing Warframe in October and I'm getting close to War Within. I don't want any part of this Lich-S#&$, it sounds horrid. I don't think OP's question has got a solid answer yet except "don't kill the larvling". That seems to be the only way to avoid this content. So if the larvling is killed by squadmates, can we force close the game to avoid this lich-S#&$? Has anyone tested this?

EDIT:  Lich-S#&$ is just my personal opinion, so no need to respond to that. I'm aware that whining about it like a *@##$ does nothing, I'm just looking for an answer to OP's question and the quoted question above, thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)xl dezert lx said:

I don't think OP's question has got a solid answer yet

Did you try reading the post right above yours? The larvling only becomes a lich if you kill it with the Parazon.

From Patch notes 26.0.4.:

On 2019-11-05 at 5:52 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

Just don't shove your wrist blade into the poor grineer's eye socket, and you'll stay lich free.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (XB1)xl dezert lx said:

So if the larvling is killed by squadmates, can we force close the game to avoid this lich-S#&$? Has anyone tested this?

It's recently been changed so that you have to stab the larvling with your Parazon to turn him into a lich. Even before that change, only the person who killed the larvling received a lich. Teammates are not and never were able to give you a lich in any way, it's something you have to seek out yourself.

Edited by SordidDreams