Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you hate the New Meelee changes?

DOOMPATRIOT

I mean, I get that they got nerfed, but it isn't as if the enemies are that difficult or anything.

Yall be killing lvl 35 and complain about how you can't no longer with one- hit kill everything in the screen (even tho you can still can).

If you were killing lvl +400 then I would see where you are coming from, but let's face it, Warframe isn't intended to be like that, it is a casual game (which is ok by all means), and It isn't like DE is trying to change that.

Let me clear up that I used to go far in Mot (pre- and post relic system) and I think that these changes really made it hard for you to go further soecially if you focused on the Zenistar, but if you didn't went/ go far, I don't see why you complain (I am not saying It can't be improved).

I am not supporting DE, especially since they have proven that they just want money, It is a company, of course It wants that money (but It is still facked up) but dayum.

Let me hear yall thoughts.

• Like 2

DE had plenty of time to do something about Condition Overload and Blood Rush and they didn’t. Now that people are so used to these mods, it won’t be that easy to accept change for some. Also that juggling and heavy attack is so unnecessary. There’s no fluidity in here at all. You’re literally left invulnerable trying to do a heavy attack. The content Warframe keeps releasing doesn’t need to have a complicated combat system like that. The combat system isn’t the boring part of Warframe that people keep complaining about anyways.

Also, DE could have just strengthen the other weapons as well without nerfing anything. It would still fulfill their goal to encourage people to use more weapons. 

Edited by (NSW)1kSakura
  • Like 13

i don’t hate the update im just worried about the fluidity of the stance mods ‘cause the redeemer prime is one of my favorite and most used weapons and i heard the stance was kinda wonky.

the damage nerfs were understandable, and were a huge nerf to anybody who does high level endurance runs. im not that worried though because i’m probably still gonna one shot with banshee sonar.  

DE just took too long with the nerfs man they always leave “unintended features” in the game and then remove them months later when players get used to them. maiming strike shoulda gotten nerfed last year when DE decided they didn’t like spin2win...

• Like 2

the only real thing i hate about the melee changes are the blocking changes, you HAVE TO switch to melee alone in order to block now, otherwise you don't block at all. And this can bring some bugs, such as Exalted Blade not being able to block AT ALL. If they could fix that then i have no problem with the melee update

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Well, I hate that it disables my Sprint, as I have my settings on Toggle Sprint. Kind of need it now that I injured my pinky again.

This, I already made a feedback about this but yeah, I hope this is a bug & not intended

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

And here we go again folks

It's a big update that changed a lot of things.  😕  The best you can do is add your own constructive feedback to the official threads if you think it'll help, and avoid the forums until after the next Devstream.  At least.

• Like 1

I can finally use other melee like kronen prime without "huh these are cool sadly it has no range shame guess ill back using my kripath and ctrl+e!"

new button combination also ok, better than previous eeee (hold) e eeee

in term of style, usability, and fun its a good upgrade since i can see many trash melee become usable

• Like 2

My problem is that it was advertised as being more damage than the old system, which turned out to be complete and utter bullS#&$.

Also, crit is now once again the only stat worth anything. Used to be that status and hybrid builds were viable, but with Condition Overload now providing a useless stacking of base damage, Crit is King once more.

Not only that, but with Maiming Strike changed the way that it is, you can't even force crit on non-crit weapons with mods. So now the only good melee weapons are those with high range and high base crit chance.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-
  • Like 2

I'm pretty pissed they ruined my gun blades. I was hoping they'd get better, easier to aim and use, more dynamic stances, instead they nuked CO effectively into the ground which interned made gunblades garbo. Also the stances haven't changed and the heavy attack is ridiculous and has no place in the game as is. Ultimately unless gunblades are fixed by the time it comes to console, I'll be staying on my Waitframe break, till Emperyiam or new war. Play other games. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 1

Some 20-30 rivens that costs me fairly thousand hours to collect (roll or buy)  just lost their values in one night. The weapons I like to use just became toys.

The only so called "reason" is “balance". 

Good things to know, Destiny 2 is always there with active players twice as many as warframe even in the data of " biggest update of 2019".

Something beyond the melee, where is our hijacking mission, where is the 3rd mother orb?

Instead of bringing the new fantastical things, DE spent much time creating this kuva lich mission, which is nothing but a boring, tedious and time consuming RNG system. It seems that the riven wasnt enough, we want the weapon itself to be random as well.

Just a piece of our memory, the billion gas build for redemmer I used to challenge the disruption record has gone forever.

I3I1Pma.jpg

Edited by iSolement
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

It's a big update that changed a lot of things.  😕  The best you can do is add your own constructive feedback to the official threads if you think it'll help, and avoid the forums until after the next Devstream.  At least.

That's fair.

In the interest of fairness, I'll contribute my personal opinion.

I think the changes were absolutely necessary, if a bit heavy handed.  I've been saying it for a long time, and I'll say it again, we are too powerful.  Players want challenge in WF, and yet want to keep their godlike status at the same time.

Obviously that won't work.  DE is doing the right thing if their intentions are to present any concept of "endgame" in future updates, and naturally people are heated.  They want to have their cake and eat it too.

And I say, " too damn bad".  Less used weapons feel more useful as opposed to obsolete, and imo that's a good thing.

• Like 3

Why I'm not a fan? I spent crap-loads of hours working on my weapons, Crap-loads of resources on forma/rivens. My favourite melee weapon has lost around 30% of it's range and the new crit multiplication system has reduced my weapon's damage output significantly. Before I could start throwing out red-crits within two to four hits, now, I have to hand out 180+ hits to start seeing red crits. It's not fun or pleasant to look at something you've put a lot of time and effort into honing to be the most optimised weapon possible suddenly get torn to shred because of an update.

To add to this, I'm still pissed at DE's attitude about nerfing Catchmoon. I don't use it. I prefer the Tombfinger to be honest but the way they decided to bring in Pablo and his crap spiel was akin to telling the player to shut up and accept their nerf because he was "a cute child" once. Firstly, if fifty people are using the gun because it's the best gun to use, that doesn't excuse them to nerf it into the ground. They'd be better off buffing other secondaries or making them worth the effort to use. This isn't a PVP game. It's a PVE game. When people whinge and moan about how they shouldn't mind their favourite weapons getting nerfed into the ground, they're essentially pissing on those that liked those weapons. I don't moan at you for enjoying your favourite weapons or even care if they're OP or not.

DE are messing up here. I've been asking every cell I've played with tonight what they're thinking and I've had exactly eight against forty-eight people (Yes, I did count) who liked and disliked the new system respectively. This is a big change to way WF plays and it's a massive change to the melee aspect which is a core component of the game.If DE are serious about producing a game the fans enjoy, okay, have the update available but within a month of the update, they should put out a message to the players and ask if they want to keep the old melee system or if they want to keep the new one.

To the people who think this is good, I don't care. If you disagree with me, I doubly don't care.You're welcome to enjoy the new system and I won't begrudge you enjoying it but just because you're enjoying it, doesn't mean those that don't enjoy it should shut up or not voice their disappointment.

Edited by ChaosMarine
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, ChaosMarine said:

Why I'm not a fan? I spent crap-loads of hours working on my weapons, Crap-loads of resources on forma/rivens. My favourite melee weapon has lost around 30% of it's range and the new crit multiplication system has reduced my weapon's damage output significantly. Before I could start throwing out red-crits within two to four hits, now, I have to hand out 180+ hits to start seeing red crits. It's not fun or pleasant to look at something you've put a lot of effort into honing to be the most optimised weapon possible suddenly get torn to shred because of an update.

To add to this, I'm still pissed at DE's attitude about nerfing Catchmoon. I don't use it. I prefer the Tombfinger one to be honest but the way they decided to bring in Pablo and his crap spiel was akin to telling the player to shut up and accept their nerf because he was "a cute child" once. Firstly, if fifty people are using the gun because it's the best gun to use, that doesn't excuse them to nerf it into the ground. They'd be better off buffing other secondaries or making them worth the effort to use. This isn't a PVP game. It's a PVE game. When people whinge and moan about how we shouldn't mind our favourite weapons getting nerfed into the ground, they're essentially pissing those that liked their weapons. I don't *@##$ and moan at you for enjoying your favourite weapons or even care if they're OP or not.

DE are #*!%ing up here. I've been asking every cell I've played with tonight what they're thinking and I've had exactly eight against forty-eight people (Yes, I did count) who aren't exactly thrilled. This is a big change to way WF plays and it's a massive change to the melee aspect which is a core component of the game.If DE are serious about producing a game the fans enjoy, okay, have the update available but within a month of the update, they should put out a message to the players and ask if they want to keep the old melee system or if they want to keep the new one.

To the people who think this is good, I don't care. If you disagree with me, I doubly don't care.You're welcome to enjoy the new system and I won't begrudge you enjoying it but just because you're enjoying it, doesn't mean those that don't enjoy it should should up or not voice their disappointment.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

well. I hated melee to begin with, and was expecting to not really notice anything from these changes since I figured gunblades would feel the same. They don't! The gunblade stance changes suck, and I suspect that the normalization of their charge to heavy attack means it's probably no longer affected by attack speed like it was before. Probably gonna need a mod for heavy attack speed to make that one faster...?

condition overload is also drastically weaker but also still probably the single strongest mod in the game so, whatever. it happens.

• Like 1