Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doominator10

Why are people so annoyed with the Grendel Missions?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

It really is a matter of picking specific frames that get around the limitations.

You mean... not every frame is going to be good at everything? It's almost as if this game mode encourages you to think about what you have in order to solve a problem. Taken in isolation, I want warframe to have A LOT more of this. Games do not get 'fun' because you're allowed to just do whatever, they get fun when you have to play around limitations. 

 

3 hours ago, Sylonus said:

This, I actually liked Grendel's farm, no RNG, challenging to approach but nothing that we couldn't figure out, grabbed some friends and we did all 3 back to back without fail, each one getting better as we figured out what worked, a new meta for a specific event.

That said, it does kill the sense of progression in the game, and I missed feeling powerful, using all the tools I'd worked for, at the end of the day I'm okay with it, as long as it doesn't become a habit in any way. In general I play the game for it's power fantasy, and this does work against that (as do all the nerfs that are killing my enjoyment of the game), but it's one thing to lose them for one mission, it's another to lose them entirely.

My sentiments exactly. I'll be more excited about damage 3.0 where in theory they actually take a knife to the exponential enemy / armor scaling in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One issue here iis that it pretty much locks you into very narrow selection of frames/gear.
Most frames rely on mods to become effective. Too small stat pools, lack of damage or cc.

And to make it worse - it will be a dead gamemode in a week.

People will stop once they get Grendel - people who are late cannot keyshare or even find people to play with.

It's not part of normal gameplay like pretty much most other farm-able frames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ketec said:

One issue here iis that it pretty much locks you into very narrow selection of frames/gear.
Most frames rely on mods to become effective. Too small stat pools, lack of damage or cc.

And to make it worse - it will be a dead gamemode in a week.

People will stop once they get Grendel - people who are late cannot keyshare or even find people to play with.

It's not part of normal gameplay like pretty much most other farm-able frames.

How many tasks in this game lock you into a very narrow section of frames/gear?

Index? Arbitration solo? Eidolons? I think having tasks that require different frames is innately a good thing. For this, we just need to ask what frames are actually good even without mods. I did all of these with Garuda.

This is made to be a one time event thankfully. That's the whole reason why the drops are not rng. Do this challenge, ONCE, then you're done and you got what you came for. More stuff in warframe should have this model.

Are you talking about prime frames? Iirc most other regular frames drop off bosses, or can be bought from clan dojo. It's not like this is the only frame with a weird acquisition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

This isn't endgame.

And making content for a tiny fraction of the population isn't realistic, or profitable. And frankly, it's elitist.

Yeah, maybe. But some of us have been aching for challenging content for years. I enjoyed this while it lasted, it reminded me of the days before we were so insanely overpowered. It's odd though, that every other online game is able to make challenging content for its veterans without it getting shouted down by people in the forums (for being elitist, etc... like you just did). I honestly wonder why warframe is different in this regard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem for me is I'll get flashbacks of when I started the game which I hated.

Doing no DMG, constantly dying (unless I cheese it) and rounds taking up to literal ages.

I'm not having fun that way. Thank God I can skip this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warframe is a FAST PACED game. I thought DE had that clear when they introduced Gauss. The wrong part about Grendel missions is they take too much time. The hardest part of the game for me is mastery rank tests, specially those tests with timers. I failed some of the many times and it required me to train and develope better skills to pass. Grendel missions? They require a little player skills and a lot of time to waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is done to force players to just spend money on Plat to buy the frame... Lets make it so annoying to do that we force them to just buy it... Not me they can kiss my you no what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because those missions take away their power.

That said, you can still solo it. I'm doing it for kicks now in Defence, with a Khora and with all sound muted, so I have to be extra careful of grenades, and I did it with jumping around a lot. Result? My only death is a grenade that I didn't know was there.

It's really an argument for grenade indicators.

EDIT: Yep, all my deaths are from grenades I don't know are there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was really fun for me. Only got 2 complains:

1- It was mentioned no mods, so ppl expect to be able to use operator and other stuff, it needs a different phrasing to elucidate it. 

2- Although it was fun and unique, it was a one time thing. This is probably the easiest way to make things challenging again, but once u do it, thats it. No reason to have that experience again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-02 at 4:31 PM, Sevek7 said:

Why are people angry every time DE makes any challenging content? Because:
1) Some people simply want an easy game that they can play while watching TV.

2) The absurd power levels we can achieve with mods, operator, arcanes etc... Is so high that people confuse "beating an easy game" with "being good at the game." 

Anybody having trouble soloing these missions feel free to copy my loadouts as follows.

grendel-neuroptics.png

grendel-chassis.png

grendel-systems.png

Honestly, this should be the warframe endgame mode, it's both fun and challenging - even for people who have played for a long time.

To be fair, you get CC, fire rate/movement speed increase, and +health (regen) for 75 energy and that's pretty much set and done, as the motes are going to be there in place practically forever, and nullifier orbs are still easy to dismantle. No other frame can do that, and the mission wouldn't be that difficult afterwards, especially with CC, as you get to stop grenades being thrown with more ease, rather than being much more attentive and still may miss a grenade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even gonna try them for now, don't wanna waste my life on this x)

Edit: After trying it I can say it wasn't as hard as I seen in complaints... I did all 3 missions as a 2 man squad and we only failed once... (We failed the defense mission the first time, and this was because we went the first time for any grendel mission unprepared just to check it out)

A few seconds planning before each mission as it was easily and quickly doable as a 2 man squad that didn't even have the best weapons for the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh those Grendel missions are some most fun I had in warframe for a very long time.
Those were awesome, finally some fun challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up soloing the non defense ones and this was my takeaway as why i personally felt it was bad.

The biggest, repitition. Im fine with some repition, i never do the advanced 4 man farming strats of old anymore like with the original syndicate balance or draco in its prime, i like playing what i got and working with it. These missions really killed that for me, at some point i just had to buckle down and just do the same combo over and over again just to keep enemies away and keep stuff. I played garuda for reference, and thats a frame you can be very active with to get a lot done. But in the end it just devolved into the same combos for her because they decided to make weapons feel like wet noodles as a result of this challenge.

I dont know if theres some god tier weapon out there im not thinking about but with the small handful i tried, it took 5 seconds to kill a single enemy. Guns are kind of the bread and butter of a shooter if you ask me, so basically relying exclusively on the charged slams and ultimates was just dull and more 1 dimensional than how i usually play warframe.

A solid 20 minutes of the mission was this combo: jump and instantly hit charge slam button, roll, bullet jump into positon, repeat. 

Im all for a challenge, but Im not looking for a change of pace for the sake of it. There wasnt really anything there for me to enjoy so it was just a slog. But its over and im not dead so, eh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally enjoyed the process of searching for a build to solo the 3 missions: enter > suck > die > think > change equip > repeat. Failure was the real new content i was not used to, but i liked that. I also repeated the missions with my friends (pretty dumb you think? Yes, i bought the mission keys two times, for solo and for squad) : re-thinking the gear for a team-based experience was funny too. The process of thinking and rebuilding my game knowledge was fun.

The actual execution of the missions was fun for, maybe, the first 5 minutes, then i pretty much realized i just had to spam the same cheese technique. Survival was ok, difficulty was scaling in the second half and making things more interesting, funny both solo and in team. Defense was a boredome-fest. Excavation too.

So i agree on the "once in a lifetime experience", not more, maybe less (mission duration).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

To be fair, you get CC, fire rate/movement speed increase, and +health (regen) for 75 energy and that's pretty much set and done, as the motes are going to be there in place practically forever, and nullifier orbs are still easy to dismantle. No other frame can do that, and the mission wouldn't be that difficult afterwards, especially with CC, as you get to stop grenades being thrown with more ease, rather than being much more attentive and still may miss a grenade.

Yeah you're right, wisp is OP for this 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a solo player and I try really really hard to do Grendel missions I think this mission should have an option for solo players so they can get the parts right away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vargasmongo3435 said:

I'm a solo player and I try really really hard to do Grendel missions I think this mission should have an option for solo players so they can get the parts right away

Get wisp....it is the problem solver frame to do this if solo.  for the defense/excavator...drop 1 health, 1 speed, and 4 "stun".   For solo...find a hallway and put down the shock at each end and a health speed in the middle.   Camp away.  Sprint for the occasional tower when needed.  This leaves so much energy for breech surge..it is sorta crazy.    As for regen vs damage input...if you are moving around and jumping/rolling...your incoming damage is GREATLY reduced.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warframe community want a 100% win streak. Lossing/ failing a mission is a must not every happen in this game lol I see people leave just because in spy missions someone tripped an alarm. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-06 at 10:51 AM, Annnoth said:

I ended up soloing the non defense ones and this was my takeaway as why i personally felt it was bad.

The biggest, repitition. Im fine with some repition, i never do the advanced 4 man farming strats of old anymore like with the original syndicate balance or draco in its prime, i like playing what i got and working with it. These missions really killed that for me, at some point i just had to buckle down and just do the same combo over and over again just to keep enemies away and keep stuff. I played garuda for reference, and thats a frame you can be very active with to get a lot done. But in the end it just devolved into the same combos for her because they decided to make weapons feel like wet noodles as a result of this challenge.

I dont know if theres some god tier weapon out there im not thinking about but with the small handful i tried, it took 5 seconds to kill a single enemy. Guns are kind of the bread and butter of a shooter if you ask me, so basically relying exclusively on the charged slams and ultimates was just dull and more 1 dimensional than how i usually play warframe.

A solid 20 minutes of the mission was this combo: jump and instantly hit charge slam button, roll, bullet jump into positon, repeat. 

Im all for a challenge, but Im not looking for a change of pace for the sake of it. There wasnt really anything there for me to enjoy so it was just a slog. But its over and im not dead so, eh. 

I did not slam or heavy attack once when I did it with Garuda, so I’m curious what your load out was and how you were playing that you felt the need to spam this combo? Your not alone either , apparently a lot of people felt this was the only way for them to get through the mission. I’m not sure why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, doominator10 said:

I did not slam or heavy attack once when I did it with Garuda, so I’m curious what your load out was and how you were playing that you felt the need to spam this combo? Your not alone either , apparently a lot of people felt this was the only way for them to get through the mission. I’m not sure why.

I tried a few weqpons before giving up. It just didnt feel worth it to spend 5 seconds + killing a single enemy. Especially when it threw tons of enemies at me from the start. I used my 27% rad kuva karak, zakti, tigris prime, corinth, rattleguts, fulmin. 

It all felt so awful and i didnt want to waste my time digging through hundreds of weapons that i have just for ONE that was decent. I wanted to try, cause i know charge slams would be incredibly powerful, but it wasnt worth it so i just slam spammed. The build i ended up doing it with was that karak and zakti for popping nullifiers, rad procs, and opening enemies for finishers.

As far as how i was playing, pretty much how i always play garuda. Grab a shield, take on a choke/objective, get someone next to me so i can soak up damage and generate energy, ult when i can. Only thing i did differently is i rolled at people of they got too close.

Edit: also when i said "forget this" and started slam spamming i disnt even use my abilities anymore either. I used dread mirror just in case and maaaaaaaaybe blood altar if i got shot but because of auto block, rolling DR, my shield, i just took no damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...